the Rift

[OPEN] Hell Bound

Chemical Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run.

I was hell bound and people knew it. I was hellbound and I could see that there was simply no point in denying it. The odds were against me in this hellhole. Any and every set of wandering eyes that locked onto mine or me were in turn given a look so venomous and full of disgust many didn't dare to stare long.

My fiery crimson eyes were bright red and glowing with such animosity that I honestly couldn't stand looking at the ground only to see the faint light tint of them reflecting back. They hadn't died down, they hadn't stopped showing the hatred that radiated from within my darkened, black soul. But my anger hadn't died down yet, and I suppose it would never. However, the anger for my group and my beloved, Tonka, had definitely decreased as this was my responsibility.

I had been minding my own in this damned place. Staying to my own damn corner by a tree that was in an area that appeared to be left alone by most. I had a feeling I was under a watchful eye consistently and that when a certain set of eyes left there would always be another being assigned to the job. My warden if you will.

Though I felt anger, I also felt incredibly prideful and though I knew cocky wasn't a quality trait, I couldn't help but sense it. After all, they had particularly taken an interest in me. They had particularly known that I was an asset. They had known that I was one to be watched.

I shuffled my midnight wings, the ends feeling a tiny amount sore and their placement feeling foreign to me still. The place where my flight feathers would rest were empty. A strange concept to me who kept my wings folded for a good amount of time recently. My growing womb was putting a hell of some weight on me. Was this normal? At the thought I sighed and turned my head, glowing eyes casting light off of the rounding stomach. I had never seen a pregnant mare this big until she was ready to give birth.

I knew several things; this would be one huge foal and I would be hurting for some time.

[[[OOC: Anyone can join in on this so feel free! Basically, Chem is still pissed and is silent, staying to herself. This takes place a week before Adrixaura's challenge.]]]
You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table.
There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done.

gas maskhorsepattern

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

Eyes were certainly on the crimson and obsidian maiden, many more than she would ever be able to glimpse. Our guards were capable and numerous, for each one that allowed themselves to be seen, there were three more hiding, scouting, roaming the borders. I passed each of them with a silent nod, my assurance here as their Seer something that was accepted with unspoken certainty. There was no real reason behind my urge to visit this prisoner - or at least, the reason was not obvious to the ordinary observer.

"How are you finding your stay within the borders of the land your group so desperately desires to call home?" The mists had somewhat returned to linger by my hocks and tail with the return of my sovereign Goddess in the skies above us, though the connection with my future sight that the mists usually blessed me with was still - forgive the pun - foggy at best. It was a comfort, however, to have the misty embrace of my Goddess return to me, albeit incompletely.

My question to her had been posed innocently enough. It was not offered in a mocking, snide manner, but with an assuredly sense of politeness, of genuine interest. It was true, I wanted to know just how a prisoner fared here, how this herd who resided within my home treated those who had threatened them. The mare before me seemed well enough, sound in body - probably still questionable in mind - I had to wonder at the death of the previous Assassin's leader, Ignita. I concluded that it had been the Gods' will that the unicorn had fallen to her death in the prison crafted to keep the Reaper himself in, originally.

With a curious turn of my tiara, I regarded this mare with quiet interest, wondering just what this interaction would bring.

Hellena</style>
May the stars tuck you in at night,
May the Moon watch over you, always.
</style>

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

Unregistered

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run.

Of course, I couldn't have had more good fortune than to be stirred by a member from the Edge. Heavy sarcasm there. The white trodden mare before me appeared to be attempting to spark conversation in perhaps one of the most gut wrenching ways. My temper was growing, my eyes were still glowing and my nostrils were beginning to flare.

I shook my head with a cackle and closed my eyes, wicked in sound as I was in my ways. I sighed then opened them and looked at the mare again in silence for a few seconds then a brief and short lived, snort of a laugh slithered into the air and I opened my maw to speak. It took every ounce of strength not to blow up. "It's funny... Really, it is. Well first off, it's lovely to meet you too." Perhaps introductions were unneeded at this time and place. Perhaps it didn't even matter. She probably knew my name and I could care less whom she was.

"My stay? Abrupt. Unwelcoming. Ridiculous. A lot of other words my tongue aches to throw in a face or two. But perhaps prisoners are supposed to feel that way. Tell me, how exactly would you feel in a certain turn of events you found yourself in a place surrounded by strangers that saw you as scum to be wiped clean from their hooves against your will?" The question was there and the question was real. I had meant what I said and I had said what I thought... in a very, very... toned down manner. It was apparent I was biting my tongue and trying extremely hard to constrain myself.

My fiery, luminous eyes were winding down, returning to normal. My shifty eyes flickered from her to my surroundings. Every creature or being that moved was met with my eyes. My thoughts of the place were crammed deep into my skull, deep into my brain. Locked in a vault with a million locks on it and I was the only one with the keys.

gas maskhorsepattern

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
Res was faring near the borders, the mist still putting her off far beyond her liking. She knew, deep down, that she needed to start to learn just who all of her herd-mates really were, but at the moment she had not desire to dive head first into a thread where majority of them would bombard her and get into her space. She wished to roam and take in names here and there through tid-bits of conversation. No. She would also learn not to jump at every noise that was masked in the mists. It was an uncomfortable situation for her, really, but she was going to have to learn how to start to be braver.

Was it strange, really, that she wasn't scared of the blood and terror that roamed the lands and her nightmares, but more the idea that she could be hurt so badly she wouldn't be able to do anything? She had promised herself that she would live on - to live a life the way Ciro and the twins would have wished. But, really, she had only managed to pull deeper and deeper into herself.

That was when, of course, she was pulled from her musings to the sound of two voices. One, of an older mare - at least the words which flowed from her mouth seemed older and wiser - and one who seemed horribly pissed off. She, really, had seen enough with rudeness. So, when Res edged in closer toward where the conversation was taking place the fact that the mare was now laughing with a viciousness to the mare from the Edge who was definitely one who should be shown respect it made her blood boil. Of course, She could not fight so none of the thoughts were flooding from Res's mouth out into the open. Instead, she shuffled her way in closer and pulled out of the shadows into view. "I don't believe she meant that as an insult ma'am..." Res spoke, eyes fixated upon the wings which were attached to the black and red mare's frame. One wrong move and Res was certain those wings would be used as weapon.

"I believe she really just wanted to know how you were being treated. And while you may see it as ridiculous, someone saw it as necessary. Please, we do not wish for it to be a nasty stay. I am Resplendence, and I am almost certain if we could start this whole thing over it would actually be a pleasure to meet someone such as you - who has traveled this world of Helovia and might be able to offer stories of what it is really, truly like out there. What is your name, ma'am?" Res spoke up, trying to calm the situation down just because her nerves were beginning to fray at the edges. Her limbs were trembling as she stood a little behind the fellow Edge member who had posed the initial question to her. She had no knowledge of who this exact prisoner was - in fact she knew neither of their names. And, honestly, the one with wings seemed a little less threatening than the one with the horn. So, it was here that she would attempt to gather her information while ensuring that there was some level of peace where she must reside.

563 words
Hope you don't mind me popping in here! Res muse was calling to me < /3 if you'd like me gone, totally understand
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Unregistered

I needed to think about my actions right now and plan how far they would get me. My pinned ears relaxed into an upwards state and my glowing eyes had dimmed to their regular crimson orbs by now. My rapid heart rate was coming down and my breaths were turning back to normal at the approach and words of the equine that had approached.

I had to get myself out of this mess. I needed to survive. I sighed and lowered my head in a nod of ways "I apologize for my words and yes, let's do start this over. Bear with me please as I'm a bit stressed right now and haven't been able to get much sleep." I finish off with a nod then lower my head with a meek smile and follow suit behind the newly arrived mare.

My name? What the hell is my na-! Stop it Chemical! Act fucking mature for once. Silencing my temper was something hard for me to do and I had failed to master it up to this point. I needed to try however. Maybe if I treated them with less animosity right now I would be treated mutually. I bow my head in introduction, retaining my meek smile that was barely there "My name is Chemical and it is fairly nice to meet you... both of you. Tragic under these circumstances, yes? May I ask, what is your names?"

I was not being a smart ass right now and I was not being a bitch about it either. It was nice to actually be able to hold a conversation for once without tempers rising. It was genuine kindness and as mutual as they were showing me.

[[ooc: Don't mind at all! ^^ Thanks for joining! :)]]

gas maskhorsepattern

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

I was disappointed.

The venom with which her words were given did little to impress me. I did not fear her, I did not feel sorry for her, I merely looked upon her with the polite interest of a stranger. Not just any stranger, naturally, but one who knew the land we both stood upon, one who had the power to instruct those that surrounded us in the shadows and mists to end her life - and the life of whatever creation existed within her womb. I merely stand, silent, quiet, observant, as her tirade begins, and as it ends. I simply stare, my lavender orbs piercing her own through the mists, a strange, empty breeze tugging at my tendrils as the Goddess of the Moon reminds us all of her presence in the lands. Her wind is as much comfort to me as her mists - I let it take the silken threads of my mane and tail - and with it, I see the anger drip away from this pegasus also, as if the enflamed fury that did exist suddenly went out, her noxious energy consumed, cured by the release of toxic words and tempestuous actions.

I do not answer her, for I feel the presence of another before she even arrives. I do not know her name, yet I know she is one of my own - the way the mists welcome her, the way they dance around her, even if she feels insecure and lost, they gather about her to comfort her - they would never lead their own kin astray. My attention swivels towards the single-eared belle, drinking her curious colouring, noting that it was as if the mists themselves had carved parts of her from their own silver, foggy design. I tilted my sword to her, a note of respect, of acceptance, and even of thanks, as her wise words swiftly diffused the situation. The dark mare attempts to regain ground then, soon taking back her words and trying to explain the reasoning behind them. I could not help but wonder just how I would feel in her situation - but then, I would never have allowed myself to get in this situation. To be led by something so full of faults as mortal is sure to lead to such dire circumstances - my path was forever in the silvery light and abysmal darkness of the Moon, her immortal, divine ways were what I strived to follow.

"Hellena." I say the word with quiet power, relishing in the feel of the mists as they seem to dance and sway in time with my breath. "Tragic indeed, but such is life." My tone is simple, direct - not accusatory nor blaming, merely pointing out the facts for what they were. The Edge reacted to a threat in a understandable way - they eliminated said threat, disabled it. "Perhaps, if you continue to see reason, your stay here will be reduced." And you can return to the dangers of being an Outcast. I had never been an Outcast - the idea was abhorrent to me, I could not fathom it. I suppose I could not blame them for wanting a home - the current residents here had taken these lands with similar forceful, violent ways. The difference being, however, they were successful, where these Assassins were not. It was almost a shame, for this mare had proven that she contained at least a shred of intelligence, but had allied herself with the 'wrong' side.

My attention returned to my herdmate, as I expected her soothing tones to permeate the atmosphere once more.

[ ooc :: Hey Ghost, it was my turn next, but don't worry about it this time - just be aware that the new posting order is now Hellena -> Resplendence -> Chemical :) ]

Hellena</style>
May the stars tuck you in at night,
May the Moon watch over you, always.
</style>

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
The mists wrapped around her as if they were her friends, taking her in. But, really, Res wasn't even certain if she was meant for these lands. The mists clouding her site as she pulled in near the mare who she recognized from this land. Her limbs were trembling as she stood there, allowing her words to pull into the air and curl around the mists and float into the ears of those around.

It seemed that what she had said seemed to have diffused the situation of the anger, the mare attempting to take back her words. An apology slid from her mouth as she asked for a little bit of patience, that of which Res was willing to give. The black mare lowering her head with a meek smile much like the one that was upon Res's own maw. When asked for her name the mare bowed her head in an introduction, the meek smile somehow managing to be retained upon her face as she offered her name, as well as the pleasantries that were accustomed of the land. She spoke of the tragic circumstances, and asked for the names. A little bit of sadness flickered across Res's face, uncertain if the mare was boding too well, Res's eyes lingering upon her frame, and wings in a bit of uncertainty. Moving just a tad closer to the older mare.

Hellena, her name was Hellena. Res committed that name to memory, knowing that she was probably going to run into the mare again. She spoke of it being tragic, but added that if she had seen reason and kept it in her pocket that her stay would be reduced. All of these facts were true, so true. Though, after living for so long as an Outcast with being dumped to the side Res could only shiver more at the thought of being alone out in the world again. "Please, do tell - what is your life like, normally, out there in the violent wilds? I know I didn't fair too well, but I suppose that's because I'm not too strong..." Res murmured, her breath masking into the mists as she shuffled her feet and flicked her tail in a continuous rhythm to keep herself calm. It was all she had left at the moment, and it was all she was hoping it would take to actually keep her calm as she fought the sadness of her friend dying so tragically.

413 words
@[Chemical]
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Unregistered

With Hellena's words I nodded then proceeded to look at Resplendence as she continued to speak. As she spoke, she asked a question pertaining to how life was like as an outcast. My eyelids clicked as I blinked but in that time of blinking, I was also thinking.

How exactly was my life as an outcast? There were the pros and there were the cons but how you played your cards determined the outcome. But then again, that determined the outcome of anything. Your actions, your thoughts, your words, your relations; just about anything you could influence.

"It's not the best but it's certainly not the worst. If you can play your cards right, it certainly helps. It brings a sense of vulnerability but you learn to live with it. Five years of solitude and you get well adjusted particularly quick. Running off of your survival instincts helps... a lot. Every crack, every snap, you've got to be on guard. It's fun for an adrenaline junkie." That's all I said on the subject. I finished off with a quick snort of a laugh but then fell silent once more, my flight featherless wings dropping limply by my side in a relaxed sort of way.

"So perhaps let's exchange stories. What's it like in an established herd? I've never particularly had that experience." It was true. I had never experienced herd life. I had been shut out then forced to put up with a deranged and hateful 'mother'. The rest is history but it's a brutal history. I never regretted that though. I was vulnerable and I stopped my pursuer; done.

[[ooc: Apologies for the crappy post. It's from my phone and I was a hundred characters from what my phone let me types for some reason. :/ I should be back to normal by tomorrow.]]

gas maskhorsepattern