the Rift

[OPEN] Drunken Moonlit Night [Frost Fyre, Anyone]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
It was not too much of a stretch to travel from Edge to Ocean. Kahlua had passed through once, only briefly, but had not stayed to meet any of the creatures she had seen here. Today she came here with purpose, intention to meet another and explore the beach. She walked just where the ocean and the sands came together, waves lapping up and splashing over her striped hooves. She had been walking in the drier sands but the resistance had made her muscles tired. The moon twinkling onto the waters was both beautiful and forlorn, though the mare did not ponder too much over the meaning of any of this.

As a cold blast of wind struck against her side, she shivered. They had been coming less and less frequently, though, and so she knew spring must be soon around the corner. She could not wait. She hated the cold. It made her coat grow out and look absurd, it made mud everywhere you looked and made grooming a nightmare. The more psychological effects of winter, such as seasonal depression, were more or less lost on the mare. It was hard to be depressed when you were too stupid to have any cares in the world anyway.

Howling of the winds caught her ears and she suddenly raised her neck, which had been more or less parallel with the ground. Ears flicked too and fro, trying to determine if the sounds were in fact just the wind, or if something more nefarious was present. Deciding the beach was just talking to itself, and there was nothing else to worry about, she carried on. Moving away from the freezing waters of the ocean, she stepped back into the sands and sighed. She really wasn't made for working her muscles this way- it was a crime to waste beauty on exercise.

@[Frost Fyre]

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

To the beach she went, she had been here not too long ago. And a few times before that. The first time had been with Aryel. They had caught sight of an ugly creature that crept from the rift. And not long after, she met a few horses she vaguely remembers. Sighing, she walked alone on the beach, the water erasing her hoof prints as she walked. The moon glimmered above her head, the moon's reflection rippling in the water. Looking down at her hooves, the fae continued to walk

She caught sight of a figure farther ahead, white spots glowing against the dark figure. She looked at her rump and saw the white markings glimmer because of the moon's bright lights. Looking into the sky, the fae gazed at the stars as they sparkled. One day, just one day, she wanted to control those stars in the sky, call them to her. But for now, she had to focus on her current quest. Looking at the horse in front of her, she thought maybe she could talk with her and ask her if she was having any troubles she could help fix. Yes! That would be good, seeing as how she needed to move forward on this quest.

Advancing towards the mare, she opening her mouth when she got into range. "Excuse me... I'm Frost Fyre. And um... I'm currently on a quest. I need to help a few horses with their problems... so do you have any issues, problems, anything that I can help with?" Whelp, she was straight forward about that. The fae looked at the mare, hoping she didn't surprise her or creep her out. But the fae was tired of putting this off. It needed to happen, she needed to get this done. Marking her word, the fae looked at the black and white mare, her emerald eyes gazing at the mare as she walked a little closer. She kept herself a stride away or so, and she just looked at the mare before her. She looked at her brow, not horn. She just stood and smiled faintly.

"Speech."

FROST FYRE
Second chances they don't ever matter, people never change.

image credits

@[Kahlua]
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Lost in her own little thoughtless world, Kahlua had not noticed the chocolate filly come upon her. She really needed to work on situational awareness- things in Helovia seemed to come out of the darkness and then settle back into it so quickly it. As the little unicorn came within a few steps of her, Kahlua did become aware of her though, and lifted her head and pointed her ears once again. Perhaps this little one was what she had heard in the darkness, then. She wasn't too scary, was she?

Frost Fyre. She repeated the name several times in her head, the only trick that had ever helped her remember the names of all the horses she came across. Quest. Being new the to lands Kahlua knew little to nothing of question for the gods- especially since the darkness had begun almost as soon as her arrival. In fact, the only magic she had even witnessed came from the hooves of Hototo. But for now she kept silent on the matter of questing, letting the chocolate filly finish her words.
Anything you can help me with? What do you know of helping? What kind of troubles do I have? Troubles bigger than your quest, I'm sure. See, look. I'm new here, but some day I'm going to be great. My name will be known throughout the Edge, and maybe wider. I'm going to make a name for myself. But that takes patience. I'm working on it. I'll be Glazier one day. Wait and see. And other troubles? Onni's got me all worried about the shadows every time I turn my head- wondering what monsters might be hiding where. But I don't think you can help me with that either. You don't look much like a psychologist. So do I have troubles? Maybe not so many. Can you help? What can you do? You're so small.
“I'm Kahlua,” she said happily as she stopped walking a few paces shy of the filly. The little one's emerald gaze pierced her forehead but Kahlua did not notice the intricacies of the gaze. She wasn't smart enough to ponder such things- and racism was something she had never even considered. “I don't have troubles,” she lied though some concern showed through on her face as she thought once more of the darkness and the things that hide in it- Onni's monsters, unknown terrain, Ricochet.

Not one to dwell to long on problems long past, though, Kahlua quickly let go of any thoughts of Ricochet. Memories of the ugly, scared stallion that had come upon her so long ago at the Heavenly Fields made her shudder and she didn't want to relive those feelings now. Two long scrapes on her right thigh that were well healed but had yet to have fur grow back over them gave her memories enough of him. She hoped they would not scar over. The terror of the battle had left a heavy impression with her and she wanted it gone. Scars would ruin her beauty, but also be daily reminders of the event.

Looking back to the little filly for a moment she thought again. Though she felt no loyalty to the filly, she also did not feel like she should ignore the little one's request. Regardless of whether or not she understood the quest, she did understand working towards a goal. Her lilting voice “If it helps you, though, I am a little confused about all the goings on of the land. I'm somewhat new here.” She paused for a moment to consider how to phrase her thoughts. “I know that the Edge and Throat are allied, I know of the Gray in the Foothills... but I don't know much more than that they exist. I don't know much of the gods, or anything about their presence in our lives...” She trailed off for a moment. “I guess I could use a history lesson.” She laughed a bright sound, a sound that was so natural for her to make. Perhaps this would be good enough- the little one could work on her quest and Kahlua could gain some invaluable knowledge.

@[Kahlua]

After the fae's question the mare stood and hesitated for a few moments before she spoke. The fae perked her ears, listening to the mare as she revealed her name. Smiling, the fae spoke to the mare. "Well, Kahlua, it's nice to meet you." She looked at the mare's brow, taking note she was an equine. Keeping her smile fairly radiant, the fae looked subtly back at the sky, admiring the stars for a second before the mare, Kahlua, spoke again.

“I don't have troubles.”

When she spoke, there were hints of concern in her expression and tone. The fae frowned a little, inhaling. "Oh, well.... do you know anyone who may have some troubles?" She gazed at the mare, still desperately reaching for that thread of hope. She looked desperately at the mare, the fae's eyes met the mare's just as the mare opened her mouth again. She explained she needed a history lesson, and the fae sighed. She looked at the mare and began to speak. "Well, as far as alliances go, my herd is allied with the Grey, or, the Foothills. I don't really know of any other alliances, but there could be alliances among some of the outcast bands that roam Helovia." She looked at the mare, inhaled, and continued. "And about the Gods, well, because Helovia is dark, I think they may be trying to fix a problem, like a rift or something, or they could have left us. But the Moon Goddess has thankfully given us back the moon and stars so that's a sign they haven't abandoned us, but the Sun still does not rise. I would think time may be frozen, seeing as how it's always night." The fae made sure Kahlua was still listening to her. "That is all I know. I hope it helped, Kahlua." She smiled, happy to help the mare. Of course, this problem wasn't a serious issue, (as the Sun god had instructed her to solve serious problems.) She just smiled, her emerald eyes glimmering in the moonlight.

"Speech."

FROST FYRE

image credits
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

OOC| No rush on a reply, I'll be gone until the night of Aug. 5th

“It's nice to meet you too, little one.” Her response was even and well-tempered. She meant no insult by the moniker, it was simply an observation on her part that she had vocalized. Do you know anyone? Kahlua flicked her ears to the chestnut's words and thought. The list of horses she knew was large enough, but did she know them well enough to know if they had troubles? She pondered over the list in her mind as the filly then continued on. For the most part, Kahlua ignored the filly's sigh. She had never been one to notice such idiosyncrasies.

As the filly then carried on, Kahlua listened intently. She wasn't much of a scholar, but anything the filly said now may prove to be important to her in the future. My herd, the filly said but no name. So there was a fourth herd. She had heard whisperings of it, although she still could not place a name. A rift, the filly spoke of so many things that were foreign to Kahlua and she was working very hard to keep up. It was a hard world for a silly mare, but she loved it nonetheless.
There's so much here I don't understand yet. I need to work on this. Lace and Thor will be expecting me to know what I can. After all, someday I'm going to be great. Can you tell little one? Not yet? Don't worry... you'll know soon enough.
I hope it helped. “Of course it helped, my friend. What do you call your herd, though, I wonder?” Curiosity had gotten the better of her. Besides, better to know what she could now than seem stupid later. If she paid more attention she would have likely noticed she was somewhat of an annoyance to the chestnut. Really, she was lucky the filly was so kindly. To have fallen prey to another wicked creature like Ricochet really would have put a damper on her spirits.

And there she was, thinking of Ricochet again. As much as she tried to forget him, she could not. “Ricochet needs help with his temper,” she mused softly. She had not exactly meant to say it out loud, but in thinking about him and the filly's question at the same time it had just sort of slipped. Now, but be truthful, Kahlua had insulted the stallion and really had been the cause of the spar so perhaps her judgment was a little skewed. Still, she had her opinions and obviously was not afraid to voice them.

@[Kahlua]

The mare said it was a pleasure to meet her. Calling the fae little might have been a mistake if the mare had been so kind to her. So she just smiled at the black and white lady, her smile radiant as the sun. She kept her emeralds on the mare, her eyes showing joy.

The mare looked at her and told the fae her little 'history lesson' had helped her. Then she asked a question on what exactly her herd's name was. Pausing, the fae didn't know if she should respond. "Well.... it's the um... the.. the Basin." She looked at the mare, daring not to tell the mare where this herd was. She could figure that out on her own. The fae's muscles tensed up, her ears flickering towards the back of her crania. Gazing at the mare, she smiled a little more before flicking her audits to the front, towards the black and white mare.

Ricochet? Who was that? The fae tilted her head to the side, confused. Who exactly was this 'Ricochet' she spoke of? She said he had a temper, so the fae smiled, despite her confusion. "Well, if I can remember, the Sun god told me that I should only solve big issues, not pretty problems. I'm not saying his temper might be a petty problem, but I won't know for sure unless I actually meet this 'Ricochet' you speak of. Or maybe you can tell me of Ricochet?" She paused, preparing a few questions for Kahlua. She wanted to know as much as she could about Ricochet. If the information was too small, she would have to seek out Ricochet herself. "So tell me about Ricochet's temper. Tell me all that you know of his temper, and if I need more information, maybe I can go and see him for myself?" She looked at Kahlua, her emerald orbs gazing into Kahlua's orbs. She kept her smile, although it had dimmed a little.

"Speech."

FROST FYRE

image credits
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

The Basin. Kahlua could not fathom why the filly was being so secretive about it all and cocked her head just for a moment. Putting her ears down against her head for only a moment, Kahlua lifted them again and continued to watch the filly's green gaze. The movement of her ears had not been aggression, only in confusion. Although it should have been for discontent. Despite the filly's kind smile, something about her strange stare (despite the friendliness that it implied) was disconcerting. Kahlua would never have picked the gaze as the causing of her strange feelings, though. She wasn't smart enough for that.

Maybe you can tell me of Ricochet? “Hmm?” was the mare's unintelligent response. She had hardly noticed she had said the words out loud earlier and so she was somewhat confused about what the filly was saying. The filly's break in words gave her long enough to catch up, though, and she listened more intensely now. Tell me all that you know of his temper. Her ears went back at the thought and stayed there this time. The memories made her frightened. She didn't want to speak of it. And yet, something about this filly compelled her to speak anyways. She was a powerful soul, despite her age.

“I can tell you what I know... I don't know that it's much though.” She paused to gather herself together, ears still pinned back at her head and blue eyes gazing at the floor now as she remembered horrors she would rather forget. “I had made my way to the heavenly fields... it was an accident of sorts. I was trying to make my way through a blizzard... I don't even know how he found me. He was just there, suddenly.” She paused. These were parts the filly probably didn't care about. She was getting off track. “Things were OK at first, the normal pleasantries and how-do-you-dos. He even seemed nice. But then his face... the huge burn.... he just surprised me.”

She wasn't making much sense but the fear associated with the memory was strong. She tried to start again. “Half of his face is eaten up by burns. I saw it quite by accident in the shadows. No sooner had I seen it then he was screaming at me.” She shook her head and looked up at the filly. “And then he attacked me... and his dog attacked me. And I had hardly done anything.” She shuddered. “And we fought, and he was terribly strong... I hope I never see him again. That's all I know, Frost Fyre.” She stopped and looked to the filly, hoping that she would not ask her to relive the fight.
Don't make me think anymore about this, filly. I beg of you. I'm trying to help you. I don't know why at all, but I am. And I hope things on your quest get easier, I really do, but you're scaring me and my past is scaring me... don't make me remember.

@[Kahlua]

"Hmm?"

Came the black and white's mare response. The fae just smiled, staring at the mare. In truth, impatience was crawling up her back, a slithering serpent of impatience. It began digging, sliding beneath her skin as she stared at the mare. She forced it away, her emeralds focusing on the mare standing before her. She wished to know about this 'Ricochet' character... but she did not want to force anything onto the mare at the same time.

“I can tell you what I know... I don't know that it's much though.”

The fae perked her ears, her tail flickering to the side. She tilted her head, eyes filled with hope. What was this 'Ricochet' like? She didn't want to press the mare, but she wished to know. She spoke how she had reached the Fields, an 'accident' of sorts. Listening closely, the fae kept her ears perked, her shimmering crown to the sky. She spoke of a blizzard, trying to get through it. The fae knew that wasn't a smart idea, travelling through a blizzard. One could be trapped somewhere or frozen over. That is why the fae normally traveled when conditions were on the better side. She then said he just appeared, that he just 'found' her. This was a little odd to the fae, and she wondered what she meant by 'he was just there'. Had he really just appeared before her?

Things were nice? If things were nice, then why did she say he had a horrible temper? Confused, the fae listened in. Kahlua mentioned a burn, a horrible one on his face. She listened, learning that as soon as Kahlua had seen the burns, that is when Ricochet had rocketed into his temper. Frowning, the fae immediately thought his temper was associated with his burns, the ones that apparently engulfed half his face. She said the stallion and his dog had attacked her.. how odd. This all happened because she had seen his burn wound? "To me, it sounds as though his temper is somehow associated with his burn... maybe he's embarrassed, ashamed, or angry about it? He doesn't want horses to see his burn for he fears they will think he's weak? At least, this is what I'm getting from what you're saying... anyway... continue on."

So he was strong too? She slowly connected the dots, wondering if the stallioin was trying to make up for that burn wound. Trying to make up for that little 'hole' with strength, seeing as how this 'hole' made him appear weak? The fae pondered, nodding her head. "It seems this information gives me some notion of his personality... or... his temper shall we say. Thank you, Kahlua. I'm sorry if this brought any horrible memories back..." She spoke in an apologetic tone for that last sentence, lifting her head as she spoke, a faint smile on her lips, but a somewhat serious expression on the rest of her face.

"Speech."

FROST FYRE

image credits
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

His temper is somehow associated with his burn. Kahlua raised her ears from her head to listen to the young filly. She mulled briefly over the idea that he was embarrassed, ashamed or angry about it before dropping the thoughts altogether. A few moments with a thoughtful young filly wasn't going to make Kahlua a scholar. A few lifetimes with a philosopher wouldn't make Kahlua a scholar. She didn't want to think about it and so she didn't. It was that easy.

Thank you, Kahlua. She was glad the little one was pleased with the rest of the information she had provided. She was not so much glad for helping her as she was glad that she would not have to talk about it anymore. As it was she was starting to feel that creeping fear settle back into her bones. She didn't like it. Ever since Onni had promised her monsters would come in the night, ever since Ricochet had attacked her so unexpectedly, she had felt this transient, creeping feer.
I'm sorry if this brought any horrible memories back. I don't think you are. The more we talk, the more I'm not certain I like you. There's something funny about you. Something.... weird. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you're nice enough. I just.... there's a lot going on here that I don't really understand. I don't like when I don't understand.
“I... I've got to go,” Kahlua blurted out suddenly. This conversation, as far as she could tell, had come to its natural end and she wasn't interested at sticking around at all. The more she stuck around the more this filly was likely to cause her fear and uncertainty. Really, she just wanted to escape those eyes- those looks. Kahlua didn't understand it at all, but something about the way she looked so innocent and yet spoke so maturely was disconcerting. “I'll... good luck with your quest,” she said softly. She began to walk, hoping to the gods that the filly would not follow. She'd had enough fear for the day, thank you very much.

To the fae, it appeared as though the mare was interested in what she had to say, at least, that's what the fae thought. So as she began brain storming aloud, Kahlua listened with perked ears. When the fae closed her lips, there was a silence between the two for a long while, and the fae felt awkward. What was the black and white mare thinking? About Ricochet? The fae gazed at her, worry in her eyes. What was it? What was wrong? She wished to ask, but decided not to.

She had gained what she wanted, but she felt a little bad for asking about this Ricochet. It sounded like Kahlua really didn't like him, but she had to ask. She tucked this information into her mind, in a nice little spot where she could later inspect it. She would confront Ricochet if she needed to, although it sounded like this stallion was aggressive, she had to take the risk. She just hoped to run into him when he was in a good mood.

Suddenly and out of the blue (haha) the mare blurted out something. She said she had to go. To where? Was she being telepathically summoned? Or did she just not like the fae for prodding at her like that? She tilted her gaze, hints of worry and curiosity sparking within her emeralds. She watched the mare closely, she stuttered her final sentence, wishing the fae luck on her quest. She frowned as Kahlua began to walk, her body fading as she walked into the dark. The fae was tempted to follow her, but she saw no reason. Shrugging it off a bit, she watched Kahlua fade into the night before turning around and walking towards her own home, the Basin. She got a few yards before shooting into a gallop, heading back to her frosty place in the Basin.

"Speech."

FROST FYRE

image credits

short exit post is short >.<
Dawn is coming
open your eyes