the Rift

[OPEN] An Offer, A Proposal

Hestia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I flew as an arrow in the air. The frigid wind licking my feathers in flight. The silence of the land at this time was peaceful, and interesting. Horses had kept to their sleeping patterns for the most part. I however did not. I sleep when I please, and keep awake when I want. I could easily stray from my normal routine since I was an outcast. Though I was the general of the group, The Assassins. This place, the World's Edge, had easily taken Tonka. I came here to see if I could somehow get him back or make piece with this herd. Obviously, they were strong and courageous. I wanted to not get into any trouble with this herd. So I would ask for protection. I would harm nor steal any of their members, if they wouldn't harm me. I may even find Tonka here and try to get him to arrange with the Edge horses to become allies. You should never go for a large herd allied with another large herd. It was a very stupid move. Tonka was completely rational.

I dove to the ground. I let my wings fold slightly and I was thrust towards the ground even faster. The wind making my eyes sting like a thousand bees decided to hate me. My mane and tail flowing behind me like sprinklers. There was one thing wrong with this maneuver. There was an entire thick forest, and a whole lot of fog. Finally, when there was a clearing, I landed. I hadn't crossed the border yet, that I knew.

Everything was a swirly fog or a hard tree. I knew if I was going to be murdered or I was to murder, it'd be here. A scream could never get through all these trees, and evidence would be hidden by the excessive fog. The trees managed to live here despite the cold snow laying on the tops of them. Sometimes I felt a cold patch of snow under my cold hooves. I continued to trudge towards the border.

"I'm not all too familiar here. I don't know if I've crossed the border yet. If someone is there, please don't let me trespass the border." My hard and gruff voice laced gently through the trees. Then, the trees got thicker faster and I figured this was the border, but I couldn't be too sure, so I continued to weave between the trees. These trees were rather large and round, and the bark scraped at my fur and wings. Giving me a few cuts and scrapes here and there. I slowed to an easy, calm walk. Hopefully someone would see me and help me.

OOC - Maybe leaders first than anyone else who wants. @[Tonka] if you have a chance to pop in. @[Whit] you said I could tag you for a thread and I guess this is that thread. Hehe

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
"For future reference," a voice murmured from the darkness that surrounded the area - darkness that surrounded the world, at the moment. The WeyrLeader had been scarce of late - but the rising of the Moon had finally restored her faith in the notion that the Gods would return. Helovia was tense, however, she could feel the vibrations of chaos rumble through the ground, across the lands - some of her kin had moved to defend their home from the dangers that arose from the broken rifts in time and space. Mirage would defend her home from the borders - she could not bear to leave them, for the potential that they would be taken from her in her absence. The pause had filled the air for several seconds now, as the mare approached this winged intruder, who proclaimed her lack of life skills so openly it was a wonder she had not been eaten by a predator.

"The borders of our lands begin where the mists begin. If you would care to use your nose, you might notice the markers of our protectors." The voice was soft but firm, and all the more powerful because of the control she wielded over its modulation. As muffled footsteps brought the DragonHeart closer, her shape became clearer - the posture of a medium built, athletic mare became apparent. The golden dragon that usually accompanied her was elsewhere - guarding children, acting as a sentinel against intruders - but the faint scent of reptile clung to her coat, giving her a spicy, tangy scent. The forest that surrounded them was thick with the scents of its inhabitants - it truly would take a dead creature not to notice.

"Shall I show you to the border, so that you might leave us in peace?" The question was asked with a direct, serious tone, the gold in her eyes gleaming as they caught in the moonlight, her bodice showing no fear, only very real determination to protect her kin using any means possible. The magic of her dragon's form thrummed beneath her skin, but she would not call upon it - not unless the situation demanded it of her.
Mirage the DragonHeart

image credits
table by whit

Unregistered
"Are you the leader of this land? For I have a proposal for you, but I know you will kick me out once I do say to you my offer. I beg of you to listen first." I look at the figure straight on. She smelt much of the land and protected it with her heart, and that, I admired. She wasn't afraid to threaten me, and was brave. I was an outcast and smelt of many different smells. The smell of blood was the strongest. I'd come from fighting with Tonka and washed off so his scent was gone, but my cuts didn't stop bleeding.

I hoped this horse would see me not as a threat, but as an ally. That was the main goal here. I mean I was pissed and raged at Tonka for many various reasons. That bear kinda crazed me some. I was very ruffled. My shaggy hair in knots and my fur dirty. I had halted when I started talking. That wasn't all i had to say though, I had more. Much, much more. "You see, I come from a well hated he-- group. You know us well. I am an the Assassin general. Before you kick me out, I have a proposal. I have heard of the long hatred, well since the beginning of the Assassins. Us Assassins want to become allies with you. We will leave your members and land alone, if you do the same for us. This includes letting the Assassins you have as prisoners free. If one of our members tries stealing one of yours you may go ahead and steal them and lock them up. Whatever pleases you. If you cannot accept our offer and become allies with us, can I at least ask for safety for myself and Tonka? We are no threat to you in any way right now." I finished my mini-speech and eagerly awaited my answer.

I had to get everything out there at once. If I didn't I was threatened of getting cut off and kicked out. I really wanted this to work. "If you are a leader, in which I do not know, I will do whatever work you wish of me." I would. I really wanted her to accept my offer. "If you are not a leader, could you pass this message along, as I do not want to trespass any longer." My wings unfolded slightly as I got prepared to protect myself if needed.

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
"You offer us nothing more than permission to do what it is we have already done." Her words were quiet still, calm and collected. The little shadow mare had waited until this pegasus had completed her speech, offering them an alliance where they were still allowed to steal one another in acts of war? The Qian had only moved against the Assassins because they had attempted - and failed - to weaken them, to steal their members, to pick them apart piece by piece. But The Qian was stronger than they, they showed no weakness, where the Assassins did. The Assassins were unable to defend themselves - evidenced by the growth in the number of prisoners held within their borders that called themselves Assassins - and then they did not take responsibility for their actions when they were confronted with the consequences.

It was further evidenced now, as this General attempted to forge an alliance which made no promises of protection or future peace. Did the fool not realise that if the Assassins had just let the Qian be, they would not have ended up as Prisoners of the very land they sought?

"We have only taken those who have directly threatened us as our Prisoners. It is no fault of ours that we are more capable of defending ourselves than the group you pledge your allegiance to." Cool and calm, her words were direct and to the point. These fools made no promises of eliminating future threats, no promises of peace or safety between the two groups, and until such a promise was offered, Mirage would hear nothing from them. Even if it was offered, the mare was quite convinced that the dishonesty that laid within the hearts of the Assassins (memories flickered to Demetrie, to Ignita, and even to Chemical, one of their current captives) she could hardly trust them to keep their word. "Leave, now. If you do not, I will be forced to insist."
Mirage the DragonHeart

image credits
table by whit

Sage Posts: N/A
Unregistered

SAGE
my sun sets to rise again.

Standing perfectly still on a branch above her leader, Sage watches the conversation unfold with an amused smirk upon her face. The golden beauty remains in the shadows of the night, but if anyone ever bothered to look up, the dim light of the stars would reflect enough light upon her body to be seen.

No one ever bothers to look up, though.

When Mirage's words come to a close once more, an agile leap and soft glide of feathered wings brings the Pegasus to land a few feet from the Dragonheart, her perfectly sculpted face looking over at her leader for a moment. A gentle nod is given in respect before turning her attention back to this... alien presence. Hestia is regarded with all the kindness of a knock over the head, Sage's pastel eyes having adopted a steely glint.

The tall, feminine tower of golden beauty sizes up this stranger with one, hard look. A pause in the conversation likely following her foreboding arrival. The hard stare is caused by the mention of Assassins, some of whom were being held within the territory. By Mirage's words, Hestia was not welcome nor needed. In Sage's own mind, she had a few words prepared herself.

"Why would we align ourselves with a group unable to keep their own leader alive?" Her voice is strong, but honeylike and smooth - like expensive liquor sliding easily down your throat but knocking you on your ass later. "Dead weight is not what we are wanting here."

"You should have set your aim for a weaker herd, instead of taunting a lair of Dragons."

Tonka Posts: 87
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18 hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Sky
Tonka

“Oh, stop being so fucking uptight.”

A deep voice rolled out like thunder on a stormy night. Dark eyes glare at the leaderess and protector. The muscular figure went by the side of his General, Hestia. He looked at her almost asking why she came. He knew if she stayed any longer with no help, she would be taken too. The World’s Edge were not taking any more of the Assassins on Tonka’s watch.

“You would think it would be smart to take ones peace when it’s offered. You don’t have to be so grim when tranquility is offered. Just imagine no conflict between us. We would leave you alone and not try to take any of your kind. And that’s a promise, but only if you accept. Trust me, I never break promises.”

Surprisingly, his voice had a touch of kindness in it. Never in his life did he think he would use it on Edge members, but now it was the right time to. The brown painted brute sighed, looking into the eyes of his foes with gentleness. He took a step closer to Hestia, feeling to heat of her body radiate onto his. Orbs like the night sky looked at the ruby gems of Hestia. Has this girl been whacked in the head? Why had she come? I understand her asking for peace, but she could be taken too.

“You win, ok? You fucking win and we fucking lose. We should have never even tried to mess with you in the first place. I regret ever move I have made to try and harm this herd. I am a fool for thinking that we could take this herd on, but I beg you one thing. Never touch my members either, or else I will no longer regret and you will see the true demon that I can be.”

Walking "Talking" Thinking

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

KAJ
It is not titles that honour men, but men that honour titles

”I bet you’d be less uptight with some skin missing, or did you forget the feeling when I stomped you into the dirt?”

From the shadows and mists he comes, icy blue eyes flashing dangerously and face as cold as the harshest of winters. The bastard and his wench don’t deserve a snarl or sneer. Massive wings drew up at his sides, standing beside Sage and eyes upon Tonka. He didn’t care about the other female, eyes on his prisoner. ”You have offered us precisely nothing, attempting to promise rights we already have. We deny your tranquility not because we are uptight, you fool. We deny because you are weak, and we are strong. You have nothing to give us, so why strike a deal where you gain all and we gain nothing?” His voice is a cold, chilling roll of thunder, just as deep as Tonka’s as if daring him to say something else. He wasn’t the only big boy on the block, and Kaj was more than ready to show him that- again- if he tried something stupid.

Turning his gaze to Hestia, he scoffed. ”And you. I shall not talk badly of you. You are brave to come alone, perhaps stupid, but for noble reasons. However, my mistress and sister have told you to leave. I suggest you do so. You are sorely outnumbered and out of your depth. Leave before more blood is shed.” Though his voice softened, it was not in kindness, more of a silent purr in the mouth of a deadly feline about to pounce on an unsuspecting mouse.

Of course then Tonka opened his smarmy mouth, and Kaj snarled and lunged towards him, wings flashing high in a threatening gesture, teeth snapping close to his hide. It was a warning, not an actual attack. ”Demon my ass! You weren’t a demon when you lost to me, do not DARE to threaten us when you are MY prisoner, in MY home! You have no power here!” It was a roar of sound, lightning crackling across the sky in his ferocity, louder than he’d ever raised his voice. It was a threat, a challenge, a dare for Tonka to respond negatively. Kaj would shove him back to the dirt like he had last time, no matter the company. You threatened the Edge, you threatened him, and with Sage and Mirage present, Kaj wasn’t about to let the scum below his hooves speak so loosely.

image credits
table by whit

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
Res had been attempting to get used to these new lands she was to call home. It was so strange, all the mist. She had accepted the offer to join with such enthusiasm she had neglected to fully take in the surroundings of which she was to inhabit. The mist seemed to shroud all of the dangers - but it didn't hide the voices as they lingered through the lands.

Her tiny frame shuffled through the fog, her feet cautiously pressing into the ground with the intent to be as quiet as possible. Her audit was flickering around, trying to take in all the noise that was heading toward her ears. Voices. Quite a few of them to be exact. The millions of scents alerted her she was close to the border, and so she pulled up in the shadows behind the group.

And there it was, the prisoner demanding that we take his offer for an alliance and drop the entire thing of him being prisoner as well as others from his band. Resplendence's eyes narrowed. Never had she encountered someone so utterly rude in her life. And while she wasn't exactly the bravest person in the world - especially when there was a very, very, sharp horn upon his cranium and the mare who seemed to be with him also had wings that could easily injure her (yes, that belief was still forever ingrained in her skull) -she was not about to let this rudeness continue through. Someone should have been raised better than that. Of course, Mirage had asked for them to leave, and a few others had joined in. There was a pegasus lurking in a tree, but they had not gone about the horned-one's comments.

But, before she could exit the shadows to a) hide near Mirage in-case one of them decided to injure her and b) tell him to stop being so rude, Kaj appeared from the shadows with a windfall of anger. A snarl escaped his maw as he flew forward, wings threateningly in the air causing Res to shuffle back a few strides, her entire body tensing. He's not going to hurt me. He's mad at the rude one. No reason to be afraid. Good Gods that is scary... Her mind tumbled around, thoughts unwilling to plaster themselves in place. He was like a storm, not afraid to strike down it's most random victim.

Giving it a few minutes for her belief that he would calm down -which was probably rather unlikely - she finally allowed her tiny frame to emerge from the shadows. "You must have been raised better than that." she spoke, her tone turning into the motherly one she had only used a few times, when she still had her twins and her side and once with Loki when he had completely fallen apart before her. Her words were directed toward the prisoner, though she didn't clarify it with a name for she knew not of one - just that he was a prisoner who we were calling 'you'. She paused for a second to gather the very small amount of wits she carried as her limbs trembled ever so slightly in the mist, uncertain whether Kaj or Mirage would be better suited to cower next to. "I would stop being so rude, especially when the place you are staying has done absolutely nothing to harm you. You could be treated like scum, injured, not allowed to eat - but you are here and you are well. Now calm your words and temper and accept that there is nothing the Assassins can offer this place of caring, family-oriented individuals. Man up, sir. And man up does not mean scream profanities at those who are well above you. Accept defeat courteously and understand that you have lost. I would also not claim that you could release your demons upon us, for it seems you have failed once before..." Finally, her tiny voice with the only authority of a disappointed mother had fallen upon the ears (of course, whether they were deaf or not was not for her to really decide) and she began to shuffle her way to the other side of Kaj, careful to ensure that he was between her and the horned one who showed nothing but anger and rage at the mere idea of being stuck here and not 'winning' in some form.

742 words
So nice to be playing Res again
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Vikram Posts: 73
World's Edge Skilled Protector
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 19 hh :: 9 years Buff: NOVICE
Kachie
The darkness was disturbed by a low rumble, which resolved itself into a hearty chuckle emanating from the breast of an individual that towered over them all. Bronze scales gently reflected the ambient light, and leathery wings rested against copper colored sides that vibrated with the stallion's laughter.

He had stepped from the darkness, his approach covered by the sounds of voices, drawn by the melodic tune of his mate's vocals. And now he stood behind and just to one side of the two assassins, his sheer bulk creating an efficient funnel that would force Hestia to pass between himself and his herdmates to exit the Edge's lands.

Golden eyes gleamed with humor as he watched the Wingleader's display and listened to the nurse's reprimand. "Do you know why Mirage is called the Dragonheart, boy?" His voice was a deep, rich baritone as he spoke, gradually expanding his wings. "It is not because she shares her soul with a dragon. Not because she gave her love to one who is half dragon. Unless you'd like to see first hand, I would suggest you show a little respect."

A saucy grin lit his features, revealing the sharp tips of meat-rending fangs. "You cannot be much of a demon if you haven't the appetite for flesh, though." He stepped closer, a single step. "But I must insist that you do not threaten my family, before I take offense."

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

Aaron</style>
World's Edge Glazier
</style>

It seemed like where Tonka went lately, the painted Glazier was sure to follow. At his side moved two figures. The first, was a now six month old garnet and ivory hellhound. Her icy blue eyes had picked up the movement of the disliked assassin first. "He moves" Aaron had jerked his head up, startled by the sudden voice in his head. "He moves" Alanna childishly repeated staring straight at him. Her gaze settled the young paint as he stood to follow. Sakura, who had been resting at his side also stood, casting a glance to Takara and Azale. The other sisters continued to rest, and so she moved off with her big brother.

The hellhound arrived first, making her way to the front and stood a few paces off from Tonka. Aaron and Sakura soon joining after. He moved to the other side of Vikram, Sakura moving to stand between the dragon horse and her only brother. With the loss of her mother and father, other stallions of the herd were quickly becoming like fathers, or so Aaron could tell. Even he, ready or not, had become a father to the young girls. "You dare to try and take MY FAMILY, and then expect to go unharmed and ask for us to leave you alone in exchange for your freedom?!" His darkening gaze turned to the mare "You are a fool to come here, and if you are the slightest bit wise you will leave.. NOW." His gaze rounded back to stallion. "You were a fool to try and steal my sister, you'll learn why if you don't shut your fat trap. You are a prisoner here and those above you should be shown respect if you EVER hope to leave OUR HOME." Alanna growled, as if you say loud and clear 'You mess with my family, I bite your face off'

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Unregistered
"You all threaten me, but do absolutely nothing. We are not dead weight. Let Tonka shrilly nilly kill himself, who cares. I am outnumbered. I am stupid. I am brave. I am also wise, though. I will prove we are worthy." Pausing for a moment, I grind my teeth together and look at the horse that may have actually given me a compliment. "You." My cold eyes turn to the flaxen. "You are wisest out of the black, gold, spotted, horse-eating, and earless." With that, I let air stagger into my lungs. "I'd give you my freedom, but then I cannot prove myself to anyone." I glance back and forth between the horses. All yelling, 'Get out!', and none actually trying to listen, figures.

I don't think I did very well. I mean, really, if I hadn't announced myself as an assassin, I was almost positive they would have rejected me anyways. They were cold horses. One-sided, cold, cold, horses. I shook my head slowly disapprovingly. I opened my wings with a quite swoosh, and looked these horses once more. Oddly, they were attractive. Not really all how I though cold dragons would look like. "I do hope you know that I will be back. I will bring good news to you. If I cannot do anything good for this herd, I will give you my freedom. If you truly want it." Sighing very louder, I slowly turn, walk a few steps, and take off full-speed through the clearing in the trees.

And off I was.