the Rift

[OPEN] Nuclear Fallout // Homecoming

Tolio Posts: 110
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3hh :: 6 Years 8 Months Buff: NOVICE
Brit
 Tolio.</style>

Your Knight has returned. I wonder, will it scare you to see my hollow eyes and blood-stained armor?

I hope so. Your screams taste so delicious.

Across the purity of white he is a stain of crimson, a phantom with a blackened soul tucked into a carmine marionette. How the color leeches up his legs is a trick of the eye, fooling all who thought there was still goodness in the heart of the ruination he had become. Whipping across his flesh, as if to draw the essence of the paint to his canvas through the punishment of olden ages, the chilled wind stirs short locks into a halo of hellish fire. Long limbs eat up the ground like a predator, devouring every inch, planting his disease into the earth with every poisonous kiss of his hooves upon the soil and snow. Let the land fall to destruction beneath his presence, let the skies weep bloody tears at his return. The demon has crossed the border into the plane of the living once more, and his jagged teeth and falsely kind features would feast upon the innocent and the guilty alike, sparing none. After all, who had spared him when he had faced down those at the gates of misery and despair? The light of the innocents who had held root in the coal shard of his heart were the only ones excused from the realm of the living, one the bloodied Knight did not feel as if he belonged in. Their names were branded into his youthful flesh, scratched and carved into his organs, forever keeping what little of his love he could give so that they may taste it once more.

Ribbons whip at his hocks like an encouragement to move faster, ears pinned to a cranium that sports a spiraled lance pure as the blizzard surrounding him. Frozen silver irises glare into the horizon, jagged snowy face pinched into an irritated mask. The sky is dark, had been so since the demon had first crossed into the land he had left what seemed like eons ago. Only the Lunar maiden was high in the sky, but something had gone terribly wrong during the Knight’s absence. Tolio snarled into the pale light, snow piling higher the further he ventured into territory he had long since turned his back upon. Upon frozen soil he tread, harks pinned harshly to his cranium, nearly disappearing into the thick, short mane he now wore with bitter pride. To calculated eyes, the pathway to his home submitted and appeared once more to his sharp memory, and with sharp clicks of hoof against frozen stone the looming figure- canvas rippling over muscles he had not left with, and scarred far more similarly- advanced like a bloodied feline through the drafty passageway.

The Aurora Basin.

Like a massive, jagged-toothed maw the pathway cracked open into the familiar landscape of his herd’s home. Snorting aggressively, harsh steam cloying around his maw, the archangel sneered sarcastically as sharp mercury gazers raked harshly over the environment laid out before him. Critical.

”Fuck I hate snow.”

Deja vu, perhaps? Like the day he had first entered Helovia, Tolio stretched his long structured pillars and began to careen down the tricky, rocky path. Stones sprung and shot from beneath his hooves, cracking and pounding against the earth, rolling beneath the force of his passing. Higher he pushed himself, outcrop an unstable and exhilarating formation to traverse. From his pharynx came a bellow, the roar of a lion escaping from the frame of something far less predatory. He summoned his brethren, not out of demand for them to come and listen to whatever some may have to drone on about. No, he raised his voice in challenge, in delirium. Two ivory and two crimson hooves slammed the earth, resisting forward motion until his forehalf canted into the air, bloodied walkers striking and slicing the air in the same way he had when first entering the land. Only when he touches earth again does he yell out, pearl horn jutting into the pale moonlight overhead.

Into the still, foreign air he calls jeeringly. “Who will welcome me home?! Come now darlings, I even wore my best dress!” his lyrics rang out, sarcastic and cruel, teasing. Prancing arrogantly, but clearly feigning it simultaneously, the scarred stallion tossed his mighty head and called once more for his bastard siblings. “Tell me, how much have you missed me? How far have the lesser species fallen in my absence? Come, come and entertain your darling lover! It’s not nice to keep a lady waiting!”

Might as well give them a rude awakening, right?

As if waking them from their slumber so sharply could possibly make them any more irritable. Highly unlikely, considering they had fully grown redwood trees up their asses most evenings regardless.

Ah, how he’d missed this.

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

Cloven hooves drag across the snow laden ground, eyes low to the ground. Her steps were cautious, gracious, carefully planned. Her tail dragged against the ground, leaving a trail of upturned snow. She kept her chin high and ears alert, her crystal horn pointed high towards the moon above.

And suddenly, there was a faintly familiar voice that rang through her ears. The voice seemed as though it was from a dream, a distant, fading memory. She tried to think, closing her eyes and trying to pinpoint the voice. Upon opening her lids, leafy green jewels were revealed from beneath. Hurrying her pace yet maintaining her grace, the fae hurried towards the source of the voice.

Upon reaching the scene, emeralds wander to the faintly familiar face. The stallion that was before her was no longer the soft-spoken chestnut that she had once known. No, he was changed. Before her stood a well-muscled, bloodied stallion. He had a tough expression, one the fae thought she would never see on a stallion so sweet. Frowning, the fae looked questionably at the stallion. "T-Tolio?" For the moment, she dropped her defenses, and opened her gates. Worry washed over her gentle features, eyes showing worry. "Is... is that really you? Where have you been? It's been so long... so long since I last saw you." She kept a faint frown on her lips, her eyes dimming.

The memories slowly came back to her, of her as a young babe, playing with Tolio. That was long ago, when she was still a long legged filly who had not a care in the world. Now it was a little different, now she was older, wiser, stronger. And Tolio had changed. Before, he had been such a soft, gentle looking stallion. Now he appeared as a warrior, a soldier, a knight.

What could the fae say? Her childhood friend was no longer the same, replaced by a cold looking stallion. She kept her dark lips closed and her brows narrowed, still worried. Was Tolio still the same somewhere deep down? Or was he changed entirely, no bit of his old self hanging around. The fae looked concerned, opening her lips. "It looks like you've changed..." She smiled a little, trying to be a little positive about Tolio's physical change.

"Speech."

FROST FYRE
Second chances they don't ever matter, people never change.

image credits

Deceased
Brit
MADNESS IS A LOT LIKE GRAVITY. ALL IT TAKES...IS A LITTLE PUSH
</style>

It is not long until his first victim wanders into his trap, though he is disappointed that the fae that arrives is not as entertaining as someone more dominant. However, he knew the figure of the one approaching, and the sound of his name quivering into existence from her maw brought his blazened face round sharply to face her. It had changed in the time he’d been gone, but it was still familiar enough to tickle his memory. Her chocolate and ivory frame met his eyes as he turned, luminescent emeralds on his face in what he assumed was concern. He hadn’t seen the expression in so long, especially in relation to himself, that he could hardly place it.

His own mercury orbs pinned onto her, the innocent butterfly in the glass frame as he debated where to pin her wings. But then he recalled how she’d been when they’d first met, and just like the times when he dreamed of Phaedra, Raeden, and Hotaru, he was unable to hold her in the same contempt as he did other people. She was one of the few he still held some emotion towards. ”Frost Fyre,” he purred softly, turning and jogging towards her on his long legs. Like a sinuous, crimson panther with a swaying tail he neared her, descending from the ridge with a half-smirk, half-smile. Far gentler than the cruel jagged smirk from earlier, it was at least an improvement.

It faded away into seriousness as she continued, voice worried and sad. ”Of course it’s me, do you know anyone else this handsome?” He gave that same boyish smirk he’d always had, winking at the little dame, wanting to erase the seriousness from the scenario. As for where he’d been...muscled shoulders shrugged easily as he neared her, reaching out to press his muzzle to her shoulder should she let him, still towering over her easily despite how much she’d grown. ”Here, there, everywhere. Look at you! All grown up! I’m going to have to start chasing frisky little colts away, eh?” he chuckled, a sound far deeper and manlier than before his absence, a hint of something dark lingering within it. Temptation. He was seduction, power, darkness, and control all wrapped up into one.

Frost seemed lost in thought, and Tolio circled around her a time or two, taking in just how much she’d matured. It made him feel old, even if he was still strong and youthful. Her attempt at optimism was rather saddening, a blatant sign that she did not like his change. Tolio paused in his rounds and stood face to face with the youngling. ”Life changes everyone, Frost Fyre. Not all results are pretty.” Shaking his head slowly to cast off the darkness that made him want to snarl defensively and show her that he was not ashamed of his change, that he was sick and tired of having been the flamboyant, weak-willed bitch he’d once been.

Giving a half-smile, the curve of his smirk still lingering as if he’d outgrown smiling somehow, he tried to lighten the atmosphere. He’d never stop being a mischief maker, even if his mischievous ways were now aimed on darker courses. ”So Frost, how have you been? Why’s the sun gone? Oh, what a shame nobody else missed me enough to come welcome me home!” He wailed dramatically, giving a short lunge and slamming his hooves into the rubble and snow in a spray of slurry, flinging his head despite the shortened mane upon his neck, turning and smirking broadly at the chocolate fae, winking and grinning wildly. Ah, it was good to be home.

Image Credits

At first, Tolio stood there, probably thinking about something. And then he turned, speaking her name in a gentle tone. Smiling, the fae watched at Tolio advanced towards her, his long legs carrying him. She smiled, still happy that he was finally back.

The fae was still in disbelief that he was back after so long. Tolio's tone turned serious as he spoke. She giggled at his comment, opening her maw to agree. "I suppose I don't. You're the one and only." She giggled again, gazing at Tolio. (She just went along with it.) She smiled just as he bent down to press his head against her shoulder. She returned the gesture, giving Tolio an equine hug. She felt his muscles, solid. Last time she had seen him, he had been a little softer, less... masculine?

She withdrew, listening to him chuckle as he spoke again, speaking of frisky little colts. "Well... um... thank you.. I guess I have grown a bit since I've last seen you. And I suppose I will need someone to chase away the frisky colts." She giggled and smiled at Tolio, nodding slightly.

While the fae was lost in thought, Tolio circled her a few times, examining her fully. The fae snapped out of it and looked at Tolio as he finished his last round of examining her. She let her emeralds follow him just as he reached her front again, gazing at her. ”Life changes everyone, Frost Fyre. Not all results are pretty.” She nodded, opening her maw. "I suppose you're right... " She smiled at Tolio, looking him over. He was different for sure. He was looking more masculine, more like a brutal warrior than a playful little stallion.

How had she been? She had to think for a moment, listening to Tolio's other words. "Well Tolio, I've been meeting horses, and exploring Helovia... maturing. And... about the sun... I believe it has something to do with the gods. But at least the Moon goddess has returned our moon and stars. And yes, it is a shame no one else came to greet you." A playful tone was in her last few words. She smiled, looking at the sky, her eyes scanning over the blanket of stars. Her emeralds settled on the moon, big, round and lovely. "Isn't it just lovely?" The fae murmured, mesmerized by the stars.

"Speech."

FROST FYRE

image credits
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

gemini Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Gem was minding her own business, trotting leisurely in the Basin, and she had taken a liking to the cold, and abundant amounts of pure white snow. The Basin was quite a wonderful place to be. She stopped for a break, when the faint conversation of two others reached her pricked ears. Gemini swished through the snow silently, following the the sound. Her black coat and white markings blended in well with the darkness and snow. Once the chatter grew louder and faded away, she stood silently under the cover the trees, obscured from view. There were two unicorns that seemed well-acquainted with each other, and they appeared to be in conversation. She had seen neither of them during her wanderings around the Basin. The stallion seemed like quite the trouble maker, and she wondered what he was doing with the innocent-like mare. Oh well. What do they say again? Opposites attract. Gemini heard the pretty bay mare speak. ...But at least the Moon goddess has returned our moon and stars. And yes, it is a shame no one else came to greet you. A pleasant smile graced her maw for a few seconds, then faded away. The moon and the stars have returned to them, and Gemini had almost forgotten how bright they shone, and how they looked. She waited until the bay was finished speaking before stepping out from the shadows, a few feet away from the two unicorns. "Hello there. I believe we haven't met yet," Gemini stated.

[ooc: do you mind if i jump in?]

Credits!

Ruka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
For some strange reason, unknowable to the lanky stud, this strange ruckus he heard now drew him. Perhaps it was the proud, boastful tones in the distinctly male voice that rang out, beckoning. Perhaps it had some strange echo in his memories, drawn all the way back to adolescence, old habits awakening to provoke the one-time soldier to investigate. Whatever the reason, whatever the cause, the Basin's almost-outcast, the newcomer who was out of place, chose to move toward the sounds of conversation that grew louder in the darkness.

The scene unfolded before him gradually, the silver gleam of the moon and stars casting a cool glow over the gathered invidiuals and picking out the paler colors that marked them. Which was significantly more than lit his own frame. There, nearest to him, a stoutly built and dark colored mare, but whose mane, tail, and horn glimmered. Beyond her, another mare whose haunches were pale and spotted with the darker color that made up her primary coloration, difficult to distinguish correctly in the darkness, but whose horn also glinted paley. And beside her? It was strangely like looking at a distorted mirror of himself, like when the lake's water picked up the moon's glow and the ripples showed a paler version of himself. A... significantly more flamboyant version of himself, even if this other stallion was trying to be more of a stud.

"Drama queen much?" His tenor voice remarked drily as he walked forward, a casual saunter on long legs. "Not that I knew you before you left to have missed you before you came back, but must you be so... flamboyant about it?" Lips quirked in a smile, before emerald eyes shifted toward the two mares. Ears tilted forward as he inclined his head respect. "Evening miss, ma'am. A lovely evening, if indeed it is, to meet a pretty pair such as you." There was a playful glint in his eyes, lending the emerald a brighter hue. Mayhaps he was enjoying this attempt at deflating the stranger's bubble just a little too much for the straight and narrow stallion he'd pretended to be up til now. Would like recognize like, even if the unknown like hadn't as many years to learn the differences?

Deceased
Brit
MADNESS IS A LOT LIKE GRAVITY. ALL IT TAKES...IS A LITTLE PUSH
</style>

A giggle swept out of her dark chocolate lips, her emeralds the only visibly sparkling attribute beneath the dark sky and pale silver lighting. They embraced briefly, and he could tell she was confused by his actions, which led to the stallion blanching. Good gods he wasn’t coming onto her! She was hardly off the teat, and was lacking the fun parts. Oh, females. He loved them, he really did, but they’d never get him hot and bothered like a stallion. Woah, Tolio, when did you become a pervert? Oh yeah, you always were. Whoops. Of course, lookit you! Geez you’re going to be as tall as me someday, he chuckled, despite the fact he was well into 17 hands.

There was really nothing to say to her softly hummed words as he circled her. Did she think this strange as well? Oh, no no no. Action-wise it may seem intimate, but he moved like liquid, prowling around her like a graceful feline. Ah, wait, so the Gods had left? If she declared the Moon Bitch as ‘returned’. Her gaze turned heavenward, to where the Moon Bitch shone bright. Moon Bitch isn’t my favorite God, gotta say. What she can do is decent, though, he huffed bluntly, uncaring if his words insulted anyone who may be listening. Which, it seemed, there was someone.

Tolio whipped round with a snarl on his lips, facing the dark unicorn mare that had stepped from the shadows, muscles tensed until he swelled to a much larger size, hating the fact she had been spying and that the cool winter winds had hidden her scent from him. Once he saw who she was, and recognized her Basin scent, he relaxed and dropped the animalistic expression from his face. Tolio looked her over, and hummed softly. No, we haven’t. The name’s Tolio. Yours? Might as well play nice, he scoffed inwardly.

And then oh, oh, oh! Finally, someone interesting! A smooth tenor rang out and Tolio’s ears pricked, a shiver dancing down his spine as he placed the voice as very much so masculine. Oooh, did he finally get a little play time? Turning slightly, it was a bit of a shock to see one so similar in appearance, but he did not let it show upon his face, merely quirking a brow in apathetic interest. The older male moved closer on lean legs, swaying and sliding in a delicious movement. Tolio smirked, winking, and turned to walk slowly, slowly, towards his apparent twin. Drama queen indeed, he purred, mercury eyes flashing with a dangerous, tempting fire. He wondered if this fellow was interested in 'playing' with that fire.

A laugh came from his lips as he queried over his flamboyance, and Tolio sauntered closer, leaning close to make it obvious he intended to get in his bubble, but not close enough to touch. Perhaps breaths would mingle at this distance, but nothing more. Flamboyant? Gorgeous, I’ll be whatever you want if you keep talkin’ like that. And for your information, Tolio gave a delicious little pause, sucking in a gentle breath akin to a gasp, gaze lowering in a faux demure fashion, glancing up through frost colored lashes. Yes, I must be. After all, I’ve always been known to be ah...loud, vocals coming out in a smooth, sexy purr that was much like dark chocolate and honey, temptation and sin all wrapped up in one. Turning, he easily slid away uncaringly, eyes alight with devious mischief that had always been his trademark even before his travels. Moving to Frost Fyre’s side once more, he pulled on her mane with his lips playfully, stretching languidly. So doll, any other hunks like that around since I’ve left? Was he having his little sister check out gay stallions for him?

Hell yes.

Image Credits

"Look it you! Geez, you're going to be as tall as me someday!"

Giggling at his comment, the fae listened to his chuckle collide with her giggle, sounds of happiness, of joy. Something that was a sign they were enjoying this little 'thing'. It was nice, them together after so long... after what felt like an eternity of separation...

What the heck was she doing?! She was falling for a horse older than her, that was just awkward, something nature did not intend to happen. And she was still so young, still developing. She wasn't even ready for this adult hormone junk. At least, she thought she wasn't. So she should avoid the web for now, try not to get tangled up, not just yet. She looked back at Tolio, feeling a bit awkward now. What the heck was she supposed to do now?

She frowned a little at Tolio's next comment, but was relieved that they had gone off into another topic. Well... shouldn't he be thankful that she provided them with a moon and stars? Before there was just a blank page up there in the sky, one that held no stars, no lights, nothing. "Yes, I suppose so..." She looked away, towards the approaching stranger. She held a dark coat, star like speckles on her body. Tolio had looked at her, snarling. She frowned, opening her maw. "Now now." The fae muttered, trying to be quiet enough that only Tolio could hear her. He introduced himself to the mare. Frost dipped her head after Tolio spoke, responding to the question as well. "I'm Frost Fyre." She felt a little sad that their perfect moment together had been ruined, it had been a sweet little moment. Two friends, reuniting after an eternity apart.

Another stallion approached, a darker version of Tolio. She snorted a little, his comments hitting her audits. She flicked her ears back, and then listened to Tolio's comments. She widened her eyes, turning to him. Was the fae hearing right? He was hitting on this other stallion. That was unnatural to the fae. Horses were supposed to be attracted to the opposite genders, right? Well then, that was a problem. So she had dodged a bullet with that adult hormone trash only minutes ago.

Her attention snapped, and she looked at Tolio, eymerald eyes still wide. "Y...you...he...wha?" Her brain stopped there, confused. This was something knew. Was Tolio choosing to be this way, or was it his hormones gone crazy? Or maybe he just wasn't right in the head? Yes, maybe that was it. "So doll, any other hunks like that around since I’ve left?" He toyed with her mane, his lips catching her dark locks. She swore her eyes were going to fall right out they were so wide, did he just ask if there were more hunks? Hunks? Confused, the fae tried to snap herself back into reality. "Hu.. hunks?... Why... hunks? Why... why not mares... or... something?" She stuttered, still a little confused. Why the heck was he hitting on the stallion? That was just awkward... for her. And she hated to admit it to herself, but she was a little jealous about this... just a little bit. That wasn't bad... was it?
"Speech."

FROST FYRE

image credits
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

gemini Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Moon bitch. Gemini laughed silently. Creative. Very creative. The dark mare watched, almost in amusement, when the stallion spun around. “I’m Gemini,” she said. “Nice to meet you,” The mare rolled her eyes mentally. “Drama queen much?” a voice said. Gemini turned her head to look at the new stranger that greeted them. She nodded once, acknowledging his presence. “Hello to you too,” Tolio and this newcomer walking towards each other, in only what could be described as a slither. And then it hit her. These two were as straight as a frickin rainbow. Well well well. When Tolio opened his maw, a wave of sexual innuendos poured out. Dear god. These two could jump each other right now, she thought, and she didn’t want to become a witness to that. Thankfully, Tolio had pulled away and asked the fae besides her a question. So doll, any other hunks like that around since I’ve left? Gemini kept in the chuckle. It seemed to her that the innocent girl was clueless. She found Frost Fyre’s reaction a little amusing, and a small, half-smile graced her maw for a few seconds. Gemini decided to leave the pair to their own devices and moved over to where the other, unnamed stallion was standing. “What’s your name?” Gemini asked bluntly. “Oh, and by the way,” she said quietly, so that only he could hear, “You two were quite obvious back there,” Gemini whispered, referring to the moment when the two stallions began to hit on each other. She looked over to Frost. Poor girl in a crazy world.

Credits!

Ruka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Oh, like most definitely recognized like. A wicked little smirk quirked the chestnut stallion's lips as he watched his counterpart sashay toward him, putting every effort into being as appealing a tease as possible. The distance closed, until stallion stood before stallion close enough that a quick nip close change things from casual dare to something... entirely different.

Deliberately he tilted his head as honeyed tones paused, until the crimson stud's ivory horn was touched by the ebony barbed one of Ruka's. "On every dance floor?" It was a low, hummed murmur, an edgy dare for this stranger to put actions to words. Yet he didn't resist when this handsome stranger sauntered away to tease the innocent spotted filly. An amused smile flickered across his features, though he sympathized with the youngster's dumbstruck look. Didn't know her friend fancied angles over curves. Thinking puppy love came crashing down in the face of reality. Reality that struck as hard as a branch falling on your head.

An ear tilted as the dark mare walked toward him, followed by his inquisitive gaze. "Ruka." He stated in a matter-of-fact fashion in reply to her blunt question. Vanthran soldier, Tides warrior. Lost soul, gathered by Illynx. Unspoken past, but lingering in his soul. The less others knew, the less they could judge him on what they thought they knew. But some things were not meant to be kept hidden. That much was clear when the dark mare pitched her voice low for only his ears, a teasing remark. He began to chuckle, then remarked back, just as quiet, "He was more than I was. But its been a long time since I've run into another like myself, I may be rusty."

((OMG guys I so needed flirty muse to get Ruka going. <3))

Deceased
Brit
MADNESS IS A LOT LIKE GRAVITY. ALL IT TAKES . . . IS A LITTLE PUSH
</style>

Clearly his response was disheartening, but Frost was young and did not know of the betrayal exacted by Her High Bitchiness. Of course she would not hold the same hatred and disappointment as Tolio, as the ex-Edge members. He hated her for what she’d done to Mauja and Faelene, and nothing would ever redeem her in his eyes.

Quiet croons from his side had his metaphorical hackles lying flatter, if only because her soft voice reminded him of twin daughters he rarely saw, and he would not show such a dangerous expression in the midst of youth. Gemini didn’t appear too frightened or intimidated, more amused than anything, and the shadows inside him whispered demonically for him to put her in her place, to instill the proper fear of his being. He restrained himself as Frost introduced herself to the darkly painted mare, far more interested in the stallion that had wandered into their little trio amidst the snow and sparse grass.

There was a delicious tension between them, a knowledge that one move could change their static electricity into a full electric storm, and Tolio knew it’d be delicious and intoxicating. Ruka’s crown tilted, their horns touching in a constant, barely noticeable pressure. Tolio dipped his muzzle slowly, as slowly as he could, and moved to bump their noses together should Ruka remain where he was. Every aspect, gorgeous, he rumbled softly. Wanna hear for yourself? This time, his own dare was extended, more than excited to hear the other stallion’s response.

Of course, he hadn’t taken into account that Frost was still really young, for when he returned to her side it appeared as if her eyes were bulging from her skull, wider than the hotsprings with her shock. Stuttering incomprehensibly, she managed to lurch speech from her maw, and Tolio was stung by the words that formed. Why not mares or something? Dear gods, was Frost a homophobic? Were all foals raised with the idea that two males and two females could not love each other, even if they could not reproduce? His flirty expression dropped to one of disappointed, harsh seriousness. I may have daughters, Frost, but I have always loved my own gender. Love is love. Does that bother you? The cold expression upon his handsome face was nearly as harsh as the landscape they stood upon. Perhaps he was being too cruel to her, she had just experienced a shock after all, but Tolio had heard far too many slurs and gotten into far too many fights over this exact subject, and he refused to be subjected to it- especially when Frost was much like a younger sister to him.

Image Credits

The fae sunk back, letting Tolio and that other stallion do whatever, still in shock. Her emerald eyes were still wide as the full moon, confusion still sparking in the emeralds. Why was he doing this? Did he like stallions in that hormonal, lovey way? It was a new concept to her, and being so young, she didn't realize things like this could happen to horses. Until now anyway.

So she stood there, in her own thoughts, still trying to shut out Tolio and his stud lover. But their flirtatious voices were still faintly herd inside her head, haunting her. So, Tolio was a little... different that didn't matter did it? It did explain his oddly girly attitude from their previous encounters, but still. She felt a little weird knowing Tolio enjoyed the pleasure of males instead of females. Didn't that mean that he couldn't have children? Because if there were two males...

The fae stopped herself there. She knew that it took male and female parts to make children, she had learned that in her many adventures around Helovia. And her run in with d'Artagnan and Kou, preparing to conceive a little one of their own was another reason she knows. Maybe if they asked a God? It would be a little strange, but it could work... maybe. It would be a little odd to see a stallion with a swollen stomach, and a little comical too.

When Tolio spotted her all wide eyed, his expression hardened. Disappointment was visible in his gaze, and the fae shrunk back from the larger stud. She flicked her ears back, his stern voice bringing a tear to the fae's eye. What had she done wrong, she had only asked. She didn't mean any harm. Still young, she shrunk away from Tolio further, unable to open her mouth. Was she over reacting? She couldn't tell if she was or wasn't, instead she just looked at Tolio, fear and pain in her eyes. She could see from his gaze he wasn't pleased with her, and she felt her heart drop. "N...n... no. I... I didn't mean... mean..." She couldn't finish what she had begun to say. She just stood there, stepping farther away from Tolio. He was much bigger than her, and angering him scared her.

He wasn't the same she came to realize then. Before maybe he would have smiled and explained to her why he felt this way, instead of just glaring at her. At least, that's what she hoped he would have done. But she couldn't be sure about his actions then... or now. All she knew now was that this 'new' Tolio was much easier to push to the edge, just as she had done. She muttered jagged, inaudible words, words only she understood. She looked at Tolio, wondering why he had become so cold. What had he faced during that long time that turned him into... into this.

"Speech."

FROST FYRE

image credits

[ sensitive frost is sensitive. ]
Dawn is coming
open your eyes