the Rift

[OPEN] I'm done with it all

Azzaron Posts: 85
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hh :: 10 years Buff: NOVICE
Dark
Catch your dreams before they slip away
My dearest, dearest Delinne,

Nothing is going as I planned. I had hoped so much that I would be out of this place, and that I would be leaving with you. After our huge emotional performance, I can't get you out of my head. You're implanted there, my thoughts about you are making me depressed, knowing you're off somewhere else, alone. It pains me so, but thankfully, I'm able to watch Destry. I swear I'll be by your side, with our daughter with us. I just have to speak with Deimos. I feel as though the only reason he's holding me is just to keep me from stealing you away, but I can't be sure. Maybe he's keeping me just to torture me, force me to remain from you.

But I swear I'll change things today. I'm going to confront Deimos, ask him why he's keeping me here, and try to have him release me. I'll be sure that Destry comes with me, I don't want to leave her alone in the Basin, for there are too many racist horses that could change her. And then there's Mauja, I don't want him ANYWHERE near her. If he comes close to Destry, I'll be sure to try and scare him off. He won't touch a feather on her wings, or a hair on her head. She's safe as long as she's with me. But I'm still here, without you. It kills me to be apart from you anymore.

Your beloved,
Azzaron

I closed my eyes, breathing in the cold air that was beginning to grow ever so familiar to me. It pained me to breathe in the cold Basin air. The frigid air burned my lungs as I walked, looking for Destry. She was growing older every day, and it killed me to know that I hadn't been there for her for the first year of her life. So I wanted to make up for it all, I wanted her to look up to me as her strong, caring father. But that was impossible at the moment, it was too emotional a time for such things.

Wandering through the Basin, I looked at my wings, I hadn't used them in seasons, all because I was being kept prisoner. I stretched them daily, but it wasn't the same. They needed to be worked again, as soon as I got out of here, I would make sure to fly for as long as I could. My poor wings needed to be worked out a little more.

Walking, I raised my head and let out a nice, loud neigh. It was made for Deimos, but hopefully, just hopefully, Destry knew that it was me who had neighed. And maybe she'd come to me as well. (At least, that's what I was hoping) And hopefully, just hopefully, Mauja wouldn't respond to my call.

I looked at the sky, the moon was there, and the stars, but the sun, it wouldn't come, it never rose. It worried me, making me think my dear Fire God was gone. I sighed, lowering my head. So life was biting back at me, but what had I ever done to deserve such harsh punishment? I didn't understand why some of the unicorns were so evil, so full of themselves. I thank the gods Delinne didn't turn out that way, or none of this would have happened. My happiness never would've happened.

"Azzaron being pissed off."

ooc: For @[Deimos] & @[Destry] :3
word count: 581
Credits
"When you grow old, you will die and rot on the ground,
Other horses will dance when you all crumble, when your kingdom falls.
When your crowns break."

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
Crushed concern, mauled compassion, a harsh and unrelenting surface meant to dissuade, to puncture, to punish the asinine, to unravel and distort, flame and destroy the altruistic. Deimos conquered for the taste of triumph, for the relish and flavor of arduous annihilation, to persecute, to devour, to consume the villainy intertwined in the hallowed, hollowed corridors. He exposed and demanded, he possessed and condemned, threatened and undermined, intimidated until the world wept beneath his daggers, poured outcries to an indifferent beast. He was too far-gone to care about others, indifferent and apathetic to the quandaries and dilemmas of foolish creatures too inane, too inept and empty to unwind their frivolous pursuits and ignorant arts. Azzaron was no exception. His demands meant nothing to the demon, the call didn’t shatter a single heart, didn’t move a single mountain, didn’t amount to anything but another unwinding pestilence and nuisance he’d have to appear for. Did the embered Pegasus not enjoy his prison? Did he not cherish his oubliette, his dungeon with dragons molding the sides, with ice clawing and twisting its way towards his weak, pathetic entrails and innards? If they were to build more walls around his bleeding emotions, would he be strangled and smothered into silence? Why hadn’t he thought of his trespassing long ago, pressing and annoying, vexing and bothering, until menace closed over his throat, until malice ran a garrote around his nape? The Reaper appeared before him, illustrious and prominent, a daunting force whispering through the copses, through the eaves, through the feral, brutal shadows beckoning his appearance. Piercing eyes stole away the fabric of shade, solely focused upon the winged rat, and conjured an unsettling tone grating from his lungs, rough, discordant, invoking only the clamor of his influential dominance, his heathenous, treacherous distinction. “You called.”

DEIMOS
delivered from the blast
last from a line of lasts
and now the kingdom comes crashing down undone
background pattern by webtreatsetc.deviantart.com
image credits

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme

The reason why he was an outcast became suddenly and instantly clear. As he was trying to manually tinker with his metal wolf, since his magic was crippled in an irritating way, the stallion cringed, grinding his teeth at the most obnoxious call that managed to echo through the snowy mountain tops. Ulrik managed to misplace a wire which shorted right into his mouth, shocking himself, and he growled, head jerking up to see what asshole would go crying for attention.

Of course it would be that dumbass, the golden feather brain. The engineer sneered and abandoned his current project, the little hell hound pup tumbling after the long, silky fibers of his massively dirty tail. Ulrik had obviously been in the marsh, as the entire lower half of his body was still coated in dried grime, and he left a dirt trail in his wake. Clods of dirty were tangled in his mane, but the thought of taking a bath was completely foreign to him. This misogynist desperately needed a female, and that was exactly what he did not want.

Smelling like death and smudged with dirt, grime, oil and tar, the stallion came to stand an appropriate distance away from Deimos, a stallion whom he respected deeply, and the engineer nodded to him before glaring daggers at the pegasus. "You are going to die here in these mountains. Suck it up and move on, kid."

BRINGING YOU ANOTHER DISTURBING CREATION
from the mind of one sick animal who can't tell the difference

Credits

Azzaron Posts: 85
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hh :: 10 years Buff: NOVICE
Dark
Catch your dreams before they slip away

My call was answered, Deimos arriving within a few minutes. Looking at him, I let my fiery eyes settle on his dark body. "You called." Indeed I did. "Listen here, why are you still keeping me caged up? Your herd has done all it can to keep me miserable. I see no point in you holding onto me any longer... so let's say you just let me go. You can't harm me anymore than you already have, so just release me while you can." Pathetic to bargain with the old fart, but I had to. I didn't want to keep my love waiting any longer. No, instead I wanted to be by her side, to comfort her. I wanted Destry with us too, my precious little ruby. But for now, I was stuck here in the Basin because someone was being evil. I had been in the Basin how long? I can't even remember anymore it's been so long.

And then the black bastard came along. He was the one who was with Mauja when Delinne left the Basin. He came strolling up, smelling awful. Maybe all Basin unicorns smelled like this? I just had gotten used to the smell... but this one I just hadn't gotten used to? Or.. no... I could see that his lower half was caked in grime. Frowning at the coal black stallion's appearance, I looked at him as he spoke. I would not stand for his words, not at all. "If I'm stuck in the Basin until I die, you guys are going to have a lot of fun with me." I grinned, looking at the two. "You know.. I never really understood why you hate us pegasi so. Is it because you're jealous? Jealous that you can't fly with the birds? Can't feel the wind in your mane, can't touch the stars, can't get close to the gods? Or is it because you believe you were just born to rule.. born to be at the top. Born with a gift, a crown on your skulls. Born thinking the gods themselves thought you up, carefully crafting each and every unicorn. Well, you can suck up your childish fantasies, because you are in no way better than any equine or pegasus. In fact, you were born from Fargos because you are monsters, bringers of hell, born with cold stones for hearts. When you grow old, you will die and rot on the ground, other horses will dance when you all crumble, when your kingdom falls. When your crowns break." I spat, my words only a few tones away from a snarl. I knew this speech would earn me a beating, but I would take it. I would brave their ferocious snarls, their hateful commentary. I would do it all for Delinne.

I inhaled, puffing out my chest by just a little, trying to show the unicorn bastards that I was still unbroken. I pawed the ground, snorting, my hot breath floating into the air around me. I was ready to face what the stallions had to throw at me, whether it was death or painful torture, I would face it head on.

"Azzaron being pissed off."

ooc: btw, 'You were born from Fargos' is the equivalent of saying you are demon spawn. @[Deimos] & @[Ulrik]
word count: 543
Credits
"When you grow old, you will die and rot on the ground,
Other horses will dance when you all crumble, when your kingdom falls.
When your crowns break."

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
The prisoner’s pleas, demands, outcries and stories fell on deaf, dispassionate ears. Taciturn, reticent and chilling, the barbs and nettles of the Pegasus’s scorn never struck the layers of insouciance, indifference and nonchalance, for the Reaper knew his own dominion, his own strengths, his own prowess, and clipped words and phrases of a waggling, embittered tongue meant nothing to him. Azzaron wasted his time and breath on a being solely apathetic upon his plight. His heart didn’t stir, his sentiments didn’t flail, and only the sliding, sinister wake of sin spread his nefarious arts further, caustic and sardonic, satanic and demonic. Many lives had been swallowed, devoured, consumed beneath his hooves, crushed along his footfalls, unraveled and decomposed, writhing in the oeuvre of his malice, of his menace, of his contempt and abhorrence – and the foolish beast wished to incite and invoke the rapier brevity of his loathing? Did the beast not possess a single brain cell? Had they been burnt, fried and scorched in the audacity of his words, incapable of conjuring anything else noteworthy or awe-inspiring? Did he wish for death, did he shriek for his demise in his icy catacombs, in his freezing, glacial oubliette? Once he’d finished his long-winded monologue, the General, in terrible, stony discourse and discord, uttered one condemning syllable. “No.” His shackles wouldn’t be erased. His chains wouldn’t be unlocked. He wouldn’t be freed from the long, unwavering chambers of ice and rock, of mountains and valleys. He wouldn’t be released to conjure more vexations, more empty threats, more hollowed fables and myths stretching across a vapid tongue. The only motions he’d be allowed to make were breathing, eating, sleeping and dying. He’d waste in the confines of their pinnacles, of their wrath, of their brutality, and remember his errors, his mistakes, and how much they’d cost him. Freedom and liberation were not to be found in the icy stretches of the Plague; only devastation, only ruin, only persecution.

Deimos turned his unconcerned head away to stare at the latest arrival, offered a brief nod to the mechanic Ulrik, a figure worthy of merit. His uttered promise mirrored the Reaper’s own convictions, eager to string Azzaron amongst their frigid, biting gallows, where the choking threads of their pernicious animosity would force his mouth to shut, would force his lungs to quiver, would force his heart to cease its beating. His lacerating stare swiveled back towards the captive, and the sinuous, unwinding threads of his necromancy whispered, hummed, yearned and desired to embody a warning, a presage, an augured curse. He allowed them a brief deliverance, hastening in quick, snagging cords, light, airy, fluid lines of corruption and havoc, coiling to ravage, demolish and ruin, gliding towards the digging daggers of the Pegasus. Eager to claw at his confined, caged frame, to pluck at his skeleton and draw strength from its marrow, to rasp and grate against sinew, skin and veins, longing to wrap themselves inside his shell and slaughter, massacre, eliminate the vessel from within. The spells were recalled moments thereafter, foreboding omens conjured and summoned back unto their possessor, their crafter, their molder, longing for another pressing moment of peril and puissance. His voice, rough, infidel grandeur, hastened upon Ulrik, granted permission for his own calculations, machinations, brutality and violence. “Do as you wish.”

[Deimos used a very slim amount of magic and aimed it towards Azzaron’s hooves. Also, Dark, you don’t need to tag me for each post. Thank you!]

DEIMOS
delivered from the blast
last from a line of lasts
and now the kingdom comes crashing down undone
background pattern by webtreatsetc.deviantart.com
image credits