the Rift

[OPEN] cold, dark nights

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

Perched atop a ledge, the fae worried. She had tried to take the longer to get home, but her cloven hooves took her straight home, she practically dragged herself from the Marsh, away from them. After that traumatic event, she didn't want to talk to anyone for a long, long while. She couldn't trust anyone anymore. But she couldn't just drop out of her herd temporarily and live a horrible solitary life. Could she even do that to herself? Could she keep herself caged up somewhere where her herd mates couldn't find her?

She looked at the cave behind her, wondering if it would be best for her to crawl into that cave and hide from everyone. Sighing, the fae didn't even trust herself anymore. She lowered her head, lids sealing the tears from the outside. She was just... making a big deal out of it. She didn't need to worry about it anymore. She forced herself to stop thinking about it. It was just something that happened, something in the past. But... she would keep a deep respect for others now. She would never underestimate another horse, no matter the species. So maybe that meeting had its ups and downs?

She no longer was (or wanted) to be racist, no, she wanted to be nice to every horse. After that horrid little meeting, she just wanted to leave the Marsh to itself, let it keep those cursed horses with their crazy, evil looks. She wanted nothing to do with them. Shivering, the fae thought about what would happen if she hadn't given them the information. Would they have killed her as they said they would? Shoved her into the water and let her lungs fill with water, let her suffocate. She pushed that thought away, opening her eyes and lifting her head. She let out a hoarse whimper, sighing.

"Speech."

FROST FYRE
Second chances they don't ever matter, people never change.

image credits

For @[Farenjer] & Anyone else c:
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Farenjer Posts: 68
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Loulou
farenjer

Endless, the single word described every night and hour of the icy skies and blinking stars. Not to forget the great and distant moon. The lean and tall figure of a stag drawing hot breath in the snow, he stood leaning to his side and staring up at the large mysterious structure. The strange man flicked his tail as deep stirring thoughts passed through his mind. The white ball that hung over all in the sky was almost entirely full but not quite as filled to be so. It was such a huge sustaining structure that was so close, yet in reality, it was very distant. The Moon is the person to speak to when lonesome...

The dark stag retrieved his thoughts and buried them under from anything. He felt the breeze begin to dart his way and drifts of powder flow down with silky movement. Farenjer shook his head, flipping locks of ebony hair out of his face, and a continuous shiver run down his spine. Making him feel exposure to the dark world. A huff of hot breath and he began to stride his way through the ankle deep blanket of snow to the valley's sustaining mountainous walls. On the position where he was, the large white moon fell it's light onto him and the rigid rocky wall. A swift glance over with frigid icy orbs and he could see the exposure of caves that carved into the mountains sides, illuminating darker shadows inside these cryptic like structures.

Burrowing a path through the thick white sheet that surrounded his environment. Farenjer locked eyes with a glimmer of something or someone. A glimmer of interest flashed blindly through the corner of his eye, and he was off to them. Striding through the snow with caution he approached the stranger but fellow unicorn in a formidable way. Before long he halted and stood before them with his ears forward in a greeting motion. Observing her in the light of the milky moon, she had a very graceful structure. With a rare pattern on her chocolate coat, and a long white horn. He met green orbs with his icy pale blue and he spoke "Hello there Miss..."

@[Farenjer]

In her own little world of hate, tears, guilt and fear, I didn't notice the dark figure approaching me from afar. The fae closed her lids over her glimmering emerals, inhaling and exhaling slowly. She was oblivious to the hoof steps that could be faintly heard. She flicked her audits to and fro as she stood on the ledge. She let her dark locks flow in the gust of cold wind, brushing against her neck and over her face.

She opened her eyes just slightly, revealing the emeralds beneath. The fae pushed the 'meeting' with the equines aside, hoping that she could just forget that all. She looked down on the Basin, and then she looked up, at the stars. They were lovely, sparkling gems in the sky. She admired the stars, her eyes trying to spot shapes and patterns within the stars. She was beginning to enjoy the stars company after being underneath them for so long. How long had it been since this all began? She had lost count, for it seemed as though time itself was frozen, seeing as how the sun never rose anymore.

"Hello there Miss..."

Right as the stallion spoke, she turned, their eyes locking. She blinked, staring into his pale blue eyes. His voice had sort of startled her, making her heart jump a little. She managed a frail little smile, and then she managed to talk. "Hello there Sir. I don't believe we've met before." Looking at the stallion, the fae managed a slightly bigger smile, her features softening slightly. She gazed at the stallion for a second before opening her maw again. "Oh um... I'm Frost Fyre. And you are?" She tilted her head and looked at the stallion. His body was bay, his body darker on his back. He had pale ice blue lightning like markings around his right eye and on his left hind leg. The fae examined his markings briefly before her emerald eyes drifted to the face of the stallion.

"Speech."

FROST FYRE

image credits
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Hidden Account
Loulou
farenjer
Exchanging glances with the younger unicorn. He watched the fae widen her eyes in a little startling motion. Did I scare her? Well I didn't mean to. The stag thought as he cocked his head slightly to the side in a puzzled and curious way. Also to show he wasn't much of a threat. Keeping a icy eye on her, he looked into her eyes. They were not only startled but seemed to be clouded with some sort of... depression. Farenjer noticed as he continued to notice this feature about her, not only was she in solitude but hated it too perhaps. Observing her now, it reminded him of himself back when he had met his first friend ever.

He was preparing to runaway from The Basin, never leaving a trace through the permafrost ground. When a fae had wandered her way outside in the night and discovered him staring at the hidden passage to the outside world. Before anything they had chatted and were positively matched up as friends. That beautiful fae was Arah. The appealing appearance of her name vanished through his mind when he glanced at the filly before him. Managing to speak she said "Hello there Sir. I don't believe we've met before." her soprano voice echoed. He left it quickly without a single comment and notice her smile.

It wasn't much more bigger then the small smile she had already had before on her face. The filly spoke again introducing herself this time "Oh um... I'm Frost Fyre. And you are?" His icy orbs burned like a cigarette when he replied. "I am Farenjer." Ebony locks fell onto his face then before he could say much more. He thought for a moment to not carry on this conversation or small talk with awkwardness. "Why are you alone Frost Fyre?" Reasons he asked this question was because Farenjer felt pity for her and her lonesome appearance. It continued reminding him of the times when he was so lonely, even in The Basin surrounded by others. Was she having perhaps the same solemn problems that he might have once had?

@[Farenjer]

The bay stallion just stared at the fae, they exchanged a few glances, but the fae withdrew. She tried to act a little happier than she had been, but her eyes still showed clouds of depression, floating within her emerald sky. She looked at him for another moment before drawing her gaze to the sky, the moon still there, glowing around the stars. She marveled at the sky for another moment before the stallion spoke. Turning towards him, she smiled. "A pleasure to meet you, Farenjer." She nodded her crania, trying to be graceful as she did. She inhaled, trying to hold in her emotions. Shifting her weight, the fae felt the awkward mist fall onto the two.

"Why are you alone Frost Fyre?"

The question threw the fae off, she didn't expect the stallion to ask her why she was alone. She did have to face the truth. She didn't really have any friends, and her mother had left the Basin. She had her father, but she didn't feel very close to him. "Well... I'm alone because... uhm... because sometimes I'll come up here to think... And because I don't really have any friends to talk to." She lowered her voice at the last sentence, ashamed to admit it. She was alone in the world, no one to turn to.

She had been bullied by two older mares, and she had no one to talk to about it, she had no 'vent'. She had sworn that meeting would never be spoken of, but she wanted to scream it out, somewhere where no one would hear her confess. She felt so guilty, keeping this bottled up. Sure, it had been a few days since it had happened, but her guilt grew more and more as she kept it from her herd.

Pushing the dreary topic from her mind, she looked back at the stars, whispering, "aren't the stars so marvelous?" She quickly glanced at Farenjer before looking back at the stars, her eyes trying to spot the brightest of stars. She exhaled, her nostrils flaring. Her breath drifted as a misty cloud, evaporating into the nearby air. Her tail was calm, laying upon the ground. She flicked the end ever so slightly, leaving a crater in the snow. She looked back at Farenjer, opening her mouth. But she had nothing to speak of, so she closed it and inhaled.

"Speech."

FROST FYRE

image credits
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Hidden Account
Loulou
farenjer
His ankles were numb from the ice that whipped around them. He didn't really stand still unless near the spectral light or inside a lair. But the stag felt it was resting to be here with the girl he had just met in the moonlight. She turned, raising her head high to peer up at the night skies. "A pleasure to meet you, Farenjer." She nodded. He whipped his tail to the side in acknowledgment. Icy eyes gleamed through the shadow as he observed his new acquaintance. Watching her face the question the dark stag had asked her. The young fae seemed stun by the inquired. He tipped his head to the side in observant.

"Well... I'm alone because... uhm... because sometimes I'll come up here to think... And because I don't really have any friends to talk to." The fae admitted miserably. A small grim sigh slipped from under his breath as he looked down at the silver blanket. He felt pity for the girl because in coincidence he had felt the same way some time ago. And now and then these long nights, he still felt that empty and hollow solitude that thrived inside of his soul. Limply he rose his head up, orbs beaming through ebony locks of hair. The filly was much younger now and Farenjer felt she didn't deserve this treatment. He had gone through this shit for almost four years. The stag didn't want her to go through it forever.

Brushing absent minded thoughts away, he rose his head up on his shoulders appearing at his potential full height. He spoke gently "Excuse my manners, I didn't mean to remind you of anything." He hesitantly lowered his head slowly, and listened to her again "aren't the stars so marvelous?" Farenjer had heard this discussion many times, and he always enjoyed the thought of star gazing. His gaze caught onto the icy night skies, and he spoke over hot breath. "Yes, they are aren't they." Though his eyes were attached to starlight, he thought. What if she is going to leave? I was going to do that when I was in solitude... He left the stars and met eyes with the young filly. The shadowed stag inquired "...You aren't going to leave are you...?" He spoke, widening his eyes. The stag didn't mean to ask the question in a revealing or harming way. But he didn't know how else to say it. Gently he bit down on his tongue. But can you not ask it without getting personal, truly? "It's just that I'm asking you, because I was like you a while ago. And, I know how it feels to be in solitude... but for four years."

@[Farenjer]

"Excuse my manners, I didn't mean to remind you of anything."

Looking up at Farjener, the fae just smiled, forgiving the stallion. He hadn't brought much up, but it did bring up one thing. The fae had realized she was so alone, that her mother had left her, that her father was off somewhere probably not caring for her. And she hadn't met anyone her age, well, she had met Aviya, but she was rude towards the fae. She sighed, and then there was Tolio, she had met him as a young filly, but he had left the Basin some time ago. So she was left to herself, roaming around all alone thinking about whatever she could think about. "No worries..." The fae murmured, smiling at the dark stud.

When she admired the stars, the fae asked how marvelous they were. Farenjer replied, gazing at the stars with her. She let her foggy breath drift into the sky, a small mist disappearing into the night. She took a glance at Farjejer while he marveled at the stars. She turned back to the sky, her neck outstretched as though to brush the stars with her nose.

"...You aren't going to leave are you...?"

Turning to Farjener, she looked at him quizzically. Leave? As in, leave the Basin? Or leave Helovia? She just gazed at Farenjer for the moment, puzzled. Did he really as if she was going to leave? Opening her maw, the fae responded to his question. "I... No... I don't plan on leaving Helovia... or the Basin... At least, not now." She wasn't sure if she should leave the Basin or not... She couldn't be too sure, not just yet. Farejer spoke almost instantly after she had spoken. The fae frowned when he finished. Four years of solitude? That was something that didn't sound good to the fae, but it was probably going to happen to her, a life of solitude. She didn't want to admit she'd probably be all alone in her life, but it was true for her.

"Speech."

FROST FYRE

image credits
Dawn is coming
open your eyes