[OPEN] !! Skin and Bones

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
give me your eyes for just one second,
give me your eyes so i can see
everything that i keep missing

How many times would Rasta travel around this herdland until she had become accustomed to the terrain? It was definitely going to take her much longer than she would desire for it to though, especially if she was going to know it as she had known her old home. The old home! How her heart was aching for that red hawk's familiar beating of wings in the air. How it was aching for the bite of the summer warmth upon her coat. How it was aching for the water that was forever present and pulsing through the land likes veins through the heart. It was gone, really. She could never go back. All of the land had been caught by Ramaskith - it would never return to peace again. And, she couldn't return or she faced death. Surely her family would understand?

But the guilt was forever hanging over the mare's head with a piece of uncertainty that she couldn't exactly place in any specific form or mention. So, with a heavy heart she continued to push forward in order to keep these images from her mind. The beating of the winged horses' in the air was not similar to her hawk. It was too large, too bulky, too ungraceful. It just wasn't the same, even though all Rasta wished to do was attempt to make it seem as though it was.

She was moving forward, but with no true sense of direction. Her petite frame flexed and pulled with each step forward. Muscles rippling as she dug her flints into the ground with each step to feel the vibrations of the world around her. Where was she going? She didn't know. Did it really matter? Not to her at least. So, as she moved forward she simply attempted to keep track of what she had covered and where it was in relation to everything else. Her body leading her back toward the warmth that was the huge, forever burning bonfire. The tendrils of the flames reaching out with their heat and starting to envelope her frame the closer she got. And so, when she stopped but a couple of feet from it, the golds were reflected off of her coat in vibrant hues and the heat began to finally start to work out the kinks in her stiff muscles from the cold.

This might be the only good place in this land that helped her get over losing her old home. This fire that was forever burning even though she saw nothing but blackness...

425 words
@[Shadow]
Image Credits