the Rift

[OPEN] call the night,

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

In the dark, alone in the endless night, the fae wanders through the Fields, reaching a large patch of glowing blue flowers. She examined them curious as to why they were here, in the Field. Lowering her head to look at them closely, she examined them further.

The flowers appeared to pulse under the moon's light, the petals glowing a lovely blue color. The fae nudged one with her nose, curious as what would happen. When nothing happened to the flower, she lifted her head and looked around at her surroundings. The entire Field was speckled with these flowers, all of them pulsing and glowing a lovely blue color. Blinking drowsily, the fae felt her legs as they moaned for rest. Sighing, the fae lowered herself to the ground, deciding a rest was just what she needed. Inhaling, the fae closed her eyes, relaxing for the time being.

While she rested, she thought about what she would do now. Explore some more of Helovia, no, she would find some horses with some problems, yes, she would do that. She needed to do that. Despite the darkness, she would find the light, the gods. And she would tell them she had done what had been asked of her. But who knows how long it would take her to find three horses with solvable problems. For most horses probably didn't want her snooping around in their (possibly personal) business. But she had to do it, so maybe if she just explained to the horses that she was questing, they wouldn't just think she's a crazy filly asking for issues to solve.

With her emeralds hidden behind her lids, the fae began to doze. Lately, because of the endless night, she could barely sleep. It was almost impossible, because she felt as though she was sleeping at a time she shouldn't be sleeping. And after a few hours, she'd try to sleep again, but now she couldn't sleep. But now, as she lay there, her eyes closed, she could relax and doze off.

"Speech."

FROST FYRE
Second chances they don't ever matter, people never change.

image credits

@[Florabella] & Anyone else !
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Florabella Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Another area she had stumbled upon and it was almost as if something divine was even closer. Her hooves did not touch the frozen land and she lifted her head to gaze directly at the endless night still concealing the sun in the sky. The fields kept away the shaky breath where the weather once froze even her own warm breath releasing itself from her nostrils. It was relaxing and she felt at ease. It did not mean her troubles were ceased completely as they always seeped through the defenses in her mind.

It made her wonder. What was the world like when the day and night was implemented before the entire region was shrouded in pitch darkness. Was it the form of nature or a deity? She liked to guess. The supernatural state made it much more interesting to think about. It seemed impossible to live without sunlight, but she herself, preferred the light. She wanted to ask others about the entire weather issue and why it was so dark. She was a newcomer after all.

She hardly saw any equine-form making their way through the field, but she wanted to understand more about the culture. Her life was different from how the Helovians behaved or perhaps it was her own personality which made it peculiar to her. The field was vast and it included how vast the entire world could be. The mind-boggling thought made her stumble back before she continued to make her way around.

Dark. It was dark and she wished she could see better. She bumped into something warm and she stumbled back with a loud neigh. She was startled by her own clumsy movement.

Word Count: 280
Tag(s): @[Frost Fyre]
Comments: Sorry for the lame reply :c

@[Florabella]

Laying there, the fae didn't notice the bay paint mare advancing towards her. Instead, the fae was lost in her own little dreams. Her dream was odd, a night mare of sorts. She slowly opened her lids, revealing the lovely lavender flecked emeralds beneath. She blinked, almost tortured by the fading memory of her dream.

She had been roaming through a field she couldn't remember anything other than it had a few trees, most of the field's detail lost to her memory. As she bent to look at something, she had heard something strange from behind a tree. It was a strange noise, strange, shrill gasps. She turned, and everything went dark. The most prominent thing was the creature that appeared before her in the dream. It had appeared from the dark shadows, it's eyes appeared to have been gouged out, hollow and black. And the mouth, the mouth was hideous. The lower jaw was stretched to just above the chest. A row of sharp fangs hid the large, snake-like tongue.

She scared herself, thinking about the odd creature. She tried to shake the creature from her mind, her heart beginning to slow. Before, it had been pounding against her chest screaming to be released. She sighed, scared to looked around. Just as she gathered the courage to looked around, something bumped into the fae.

Screeching, the fae was on her legs in a snap, whipping around. It was an equine mare, who had neighed, startled as well. Her starling screech ended in an awkward laugh. "Sorry about that! Just a little tense ever since it became dark." She looked at the mare, her paint markings visible against the moonlight. "So... may I ask what your name is?" The fae's emeralds were kept on the mare. She felt sorry for screaming at the mare, or, screaming with her.

What the fae had first said, about being tense, that was true. She had been a little tense ever since the darkness had game. The moon and stars had eased her a little, but not by much. She still felt insecure, even if the moon gave off a radiant glow. There were still shadows, and in those shadows, monsters.

"Speech."

FROST FYRE

image credits
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.

Harmony

Harmony walked through the fields boredly, worry slowly creeping its way across her coat, and sending a shiver down her spine. She looked out at the vast fields that spread endlessly in front of her, she swiveled her neck to look the other way, again, more vast fields. Harmony sighed, hoping she wasn't lost. Where is Antheia? The though crept into her mind, this worried her. She really didn't know where she was and where Antheia was. She started walking again, her small dainty hooves pushing back the tail grass, restraining the stems from scraping up against her lean shoulders. Her muscles rippled beneath her thick winter coat. Harmony's coat was just starting to shed out, she could feel her fur release earlier, when she scraped herself against a tree, after she got bit by a mosquito. Harmony sighed, and halted once again, she thought about the flowers that she had spotted earlier. She wished she knew the names of those beautiful flowers she ad seen. Especially the large purple flower. Oh mother, how are you these days? She muttered under her breath.
In just that moment she smelt two other horses,no, a horse and a..... smelt like Antheia's unique smell, the other must be a unicorn. She sighed and nickered loudly Hello!! Anyone there?? It burned her dry, hoarse throat. She started to walk towards the scent, perking her harks in hope of hearing voices, or possibly movement. As she neared, and climbed a small hill, she spotted them.
One bay, and one brown and white, the unicorn. She smiled and nickered softly.
Hello. I have come in peace, with a question
She spoke in her young voice. She wasn't paying attention and tripped over her dainty hooves, but she quickly recovered and jerked her dome up, the tips of her harks heating up she looked down and muttered.

Excuse my clumsiness

Harmony started to walk towards them, flipping her long forelock out of her eyes so she could see them better. She flashed them a friendly smile as she neared.

@[Frost Fyre], @[Florabella]
The life ahead can only be glorious if you
learn to live in total harmony with the Lord..

Unregistered
Both females sent a shrill note in surprise though Florabella was guilty in starting the whole moment of nothing but noise. She had completely ceased her own yelp eventually and smiled nervously The highlights the moonlight provided revealed that this was another equine-shape and the voice soothed her - a young voice who did not sound harmful so far. She could hardly make out most features on the filly, but the horn was a giveaway for her species.

A nervous chuckle; “I’ve been tense myself. This darkness, well, gives me bad vibes.” The mare confessed, shuddering as a gesture to prove her words. She truly disliked the darkness. It was something she felt; the way it wracked her body in a sudden, cold feeling a few times, but she did not remember much else besides the effects it had on her. The eternal one was a visual that would not leave her alone and it terrified her in more ways than one. In how it behaved and the effects. Always the effects. However, she was always afraid of the unknown.

Her eyes trailed all over the rich coat of two colors the filly had. She envied how lovely the fur appeared even in the contrast of the missing sun. The thought pursued her mind until she snapped out of it with the second question towards her. It was hard to make contact through the social process. “I’m Florabella.“ She paused; a moment of silence followed before her breath escalated to an audible sound. “What’s your name?”

The conversation began awkwardly, but it started through its own interesting twist, the mare noted. Her musing was interrupted by a gentle nicker in another direction and which her ears positioned themselves towards. Her nostrils wafted in the new sense of another equine, but it was a distinct smell as noticed by others she had encountered on her journey. She nickered back.

Word Count: 318
Tag(s): @[Frost Fyre], @[Harmony]

The fae nodded at the mares' words, knowing all to well that monsters lurked within the night. Hideous ones that could devour one in a single bite, or destroy an entire land. "Bad vibes indeed..." The roan murmured, gazing at the paint. It was true, she disliked the dark quite a bit, and it caused her to be fairly tense. She didn't know what would happen if she turned her head, turned a corner, entered a dark cave. It was all unpredictable, no matter where she strode, she felt unsafe no matter what. Although inside the borders of her home, she felt a little safer. But not by much.

The paint mare introduced herself as Florabella, and asked the roan her name. The fae hesitated for a moment, but opened her charcoal black lips and spoke her name. "Frost Fyre of the Basin." She nodded her head, a greeting of sorts. She kept her lips curled in a smile as she looked at the paint mare, suddenly hearing a nicker. Turning her head, she spotted another filly, one of her age. She listened to Florabella nicker back, opening her lips and letting out a nicker as well. She then spoke, asking that filly for her name, words curious. "You are?" She inquired, emeralds focused on the newcomer. She was sort of a savior, for the roan and the paints' conversation had become a little awkward. So maybe this filly could help spark up new conversation?

She watched the filly trip over her own hooves, muttering something. The fae strained to understand her words, audits pressed forward. She said something like excuse my clumsiness. The fae smiled, forcing herself not to giggle at the filly for her clumsiness. It was a little amusing, but it wasn't the best way to greet a stranger by giggling at them. So she just smiled a little and stared at the filly, emeralds scanning over her.

"Speech."

FROST FYRE

image credits

@[Harmony] & @[Florabella]
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.

H a r m o n y
Until you are in Harmony with yourself, you are not complete.

I stopped next to the roan mare. A polite smile on my maw. She seemed my age! Wow, I haven’t seen, met, or talked to a yearling like myself. There seemed to be something tense in the air, between the two. The conversation that I had heard, only snidbits, had seemed tense and awkward also. Maybe they had a history? Who knows, I don’t care anyways.

Dipping my head slightly, I chuckled, trying to lighten the mood. I touched the one of my age on the shoulder with my maw. She seemed tensed, maybe I could make her feel better. I opened my kissers, my soft voice like a small bird fluttering from it’s nest.

" Hello. I am Harmony, of the Assassins. Unfortunately I didn’t catch your names, mind repeating them? "

My orbs where light, filled with joy. Although, I didn’t feel that amazing. My situation with Antheia still tugged at my heartstrings, the missing piece of skin and dried blood on my ass a constant reminder. Shifting my unusually long legs, I changed into a comfortable position. It seemed as if I towered over these two mares. I was stunned by my sudden growth spurt, it even set me ahead of beings 3 times or more my age. It made me feel proud though, powerful. I flexed my muscular shoulders, in attempt to stretch them. They where sore from the earlier tussle with my mother.
My orbs scanned across the two mares, politely awaiting an answer.

Table by @[Harmony] - SarhaharaS1@DA.com

Unregistered
As Florabella heard the formal introductions between Frost Fyre and the newcomer, Harmony, a shade of crimson rose to high cheeks in spite of the brown fur covering the vulnerable skin. Her knowledge behind the family they stood with made her quite proud to know there were horses with loyalties. Shown qualities through first impressions left her with ideas that it would be okay to mention her formal introduction, but she silently fretted over the reactions they might have.

No wonder she had admiration. She wasn’t ashamed to be a part of her own family, but she was afraid to expose herself to friendly strangers. Her nature obviously did not consist of an easy vocal cord which could let words flow freely through it and out her jaw. Harmony was more of a polite stranger, however, noting that there wasn’t any (strong) attempt to eavesdrop on an awkward moment between her and the one-horned equine. Another chance to prove to Seele she could provide teamwork? It was as if the divine ones were fortunate to bless her clothed in flaws and mercy.

Her odd eyes peered without contact towards the newcomer, merely a child to an older creature, but close in age to the paint. It offered no insight on her old childhood, but a smile developed mentally at the thought of her days as a foal. Orbs glinted as she found some source of courage.

I’m Florabella…of the Asylum.” There was a pause, and a small dose of sounds came from her lips. Nothing else could be released as she breathed outward through her nostrils.

Words:266
Tag(s): (Forgot how to so...)
Comments: Sorry for the late reply! ;;