the Rift

[PRIVATE] Soldier's Ways

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy
@[Descaro]

I can hear your cries of p a i n

She was almost a yearling, her body was developing beautifully. Her muscles were beginning to show, and her legs had been carved to be sleek and feminine yet strong. Her face was only slightly dished, and her eyes were a beautiful emerald green. Her eyes told those around her what she felt, and her dark lips, placed perfectly below her nostrils, spoke words. Her horn, her crown, stood perfectly from between her brows, as though the gods themselves helped to create her and place the crown in its place. Her back was dipped perfectly, and her rump was rounded and strong. Her hind legs showed muscle, muscle that would one day help defend her and her home.

She was growing into a beautiful mare, her full height and weight were still not achieved. Her dark mane was silky and long, her eyes glimmering as she trotted through the Basin, her hooves gently crunching onto the snow laden earth. The fae kept her pace lengthy, her legs stretching out in a graceful strut. Her tail swept on behind her, and her eyes seemed to glow as she moved. She shook her mane, snow falling from it. Her forelock split in two, going around her horn and then rejoining, although one half covered her eyes.

On this day, she was curious as to what her father was doing. She had not spoken to him in a while, the way she was always admiring the Basin and exploring. Surprisingly, she hadn't run into him at all. Ever since that day when she was young, she had barely spoken to him. Sure, she caught small glances of him every once and a while, but they never spoke. She wanted to change that, she wanted to learn from him. Learn the ways of a warrior, of a soldier. That is what fathers do, no? She wasn't sure, but she hoped that's what normal fathers do, teach their children the ways of the rough and tough. She gently nickered, her eyes wandering through the Basin, hoping to spot her father. When she was unsuccessful she nickered, calling him to her.

Image Credit

Descaro Posts: 77
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
imi
@[Frost Fyre]

In the depths of the inky blackout Descaro had simply lingered within the borders of the Aurora Basin, his face set in a neutral manner as he hid his true feelings of confusion. The world around him seemed unnatural, as if conjured by magic and it made his nose wrinkle, Descaro had never been touched with such power and was frequently intimidated by its presence. After all, the mahogany stallion struggled to understand a concept that was far out of his reach, his own ways were bent towards the traditional and he fought in battle with his own physical brawn, defying old warriors and magic wielders alike. The thought of using magic to fight felt almost like cheating in some way to the weathered soldier, he often wondered if the same satisfaction was felt upon victory. He imagined it couldn’t be fulfilling and much preferred doing it the old way and the hard way, even if it did put him at a disadvantage a lot of the time. It was the reason he had almost disappeared from sight during the cold months of dead sun, his body dark enough to slip in and out of the shadows majorly unnoticed except perhaps for the odd passerby to nod their head in greeting.

However, on another freezing Frostfall day, Descaro left his refuge of prowling close to the mountains to walk out into the Basin, ears of sleek chocolate curved neatly forward to catch the call from his only child. Frost Fyre. Descaro had only ever held a conversation with her once, when she was just a small foal being led around by her mother, but by now she must have grown and left Leyra’s side. A small part of him felt guilt for leaving his child without a father for so long, but he would then argue that he had many important things to do and it was Leyra’s job to raise the child. Of course, his brief other half would have had a rather different opinion. His walk was brisk as he followed the sound of her nicker and eventually picking up her scent, quickening his pace before finally she came into sight and he smiled warmly at her.

Indeed she had grown! There was of course still room for a bit more height, her long legs once skinny and fragile were becoming stronger. Her coat, courtesy of her father, had turned a shade of bay roan whilst her mother echoed through her frosted rump dashed with darker spots. Atop her head her horn, much like his own, proudly crowned her a member of what Descaro knew to be the strongest species. Moving swiftly over to her, he gently tried to bump his velvet nostrils against his daughters own nose in fond greeting before taking a few steps back, lips curling into a half smile. "Frost Fyre! How has my daughter been? You’ve grown I see.” He said smoothly, hiding the awkwardness he felt creeping up on him from conversing with his daughter after such a long time.

(ooc; oh wow, I somehow completely missed this until I saw the tag when I logged in on his account xD Sorry dark love! <33)

@[Descaro]

The angles were all wrong now
She's ripping wings off of butterflies

Her nicker was answered, her father walking towards her. His pace quickened as he neared her. She didn't know what to expect from him. A smile so sweet and words so soft? Or maybe he would glare at her at tell her how thin and tiny she was looking? She didn't know. Staring at him, she gave a gentle smile, lifting her head slightly. Descaro approached her, his velveteen muzzle hitting hers, a gentle greeting. He withdrew his muzzle from hers, a half smile on his dark lips. The fae returned the smile, emeralds gazing into her father's blue pools.

He asked how she was, and that it looks like she's grown. She just blinked, not knowing how to react. Swallowing, she smiled and spoke a response to her father. But she halted, her mouth half open. What was she supposed to call him? Daddy, father, sire, sir? She didn't know for sure. In fact, she didn't even know his name, at least, she couldn't remember it. No matter how hard she tried, it never came to her. Figuring calling him daddy suited her well enough, she want with it. "Daddy, it's nice to see you again. I believe it's been several months since we last talked, or, met. I've been well, thinking about my future." Oh yes, wow your father with talk of the future. What was there to talk about? Maybe this was her chance to ask about her almost-forgotten-feelings for Mesec? No, that wasn't something a father talked about with his daughter. That was more, mother daughter stuff, right?

Looking at her sire, the bay fae knew exactly where she received her coat color. And she knew where her crystalline horn came from as well. It was her father who also gave her the wavy, silken hair that hung against her shoulders. Her glimmering eyes just looked at her father, her tail sweeping back and forth, leaving two little piles of snow. "Daddy? How did you and Leyra meet?" So this, this is what she was going to ask? She had much better things to talk about, like learning how to fight. Maybe this would be something they could talk about later? Yes, she would ask her father about sparring and fighting later, after they talked about him and her mother. For she wanted to know, and thought she had the right to know.

[[iffy post -shrugs- and it's ok imi dear <33]]
Image Credit
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Descaro Posts: 77
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
imi
@[Frost Fyre]

Eager ears heard the words that put a sense of strange awe in the heart of the bay warrior as he gazed at the roan with an odd sense of pride. This was his daughter who spoke so confidently of her thoughts and her wishes, her youthful gaze already set towards her bright horizon and the many paths that lay before her. Perhaps he had been a fool when not taking a hand in her upbringing, he’d missed many moments already in her life, but at the same time he knew even if he was there he wouldn’t have made a very good father. He could not have spent his life side by side with Leyra and that sort of environment was not the place for a child. Or so he liked to delude himself into thinking. At the same time as all of these swirling emotions, Descaro humorously felt old, this was his daughter a yearling already. She had the whole world in front of her whereas he had only grey hair and stiff bones in his horizon. Still, never was there a day when he regretted having a daughter. He hoped she would make a better mark on the world than he had so far.

However, the question that followed was rather unexpected and for a moment he was stricken with uncomfortable silence as he tried to remember all those seasons ago when he had indeed first met Leyra. He turned his face skyward and a thoughtful look crossed his face as he went back across time and snowy wastelands. It wasn’t long after the invasion had ended and they had been thrown out as outcasts, sheltering in the harsh embrace of the mountains. He had wandered down on patrol to gaze out at the landscape of Helovia when the blue roan had found him. "I was out patrolling for Lord Mauja, I’d followed the paths down to the foot of the mountains where I gazed out across the land, quite disgruntled over our recent loss in battle. I met your mother there, she found me daydreaming in the wind..." He smiled at the memory. Maybe he and Leyra didn’t get on, he didn’t fall in love with her and she appeared to hate him afterwards, but he still had a fondness for that particular memory of the day they had ‘acquainted’ themselves.

He turned back to Frost Fyre then and nodded to her as a whole. "Not too long after you were born and the Time God gave us the Aurora Basin." Indeed he was happy that his daughter had been born with a herd at her feet, outcast life was harsh and not always the best life for a foal to live. Maybe in the future she would take this road on her own accord or maybe she will decide to stay by her brethren and fight for their future instead. It was her choice and hers alone.

@[Descaro]

I can hear your cries of p a i n

The fae took note of her father's hesitation as she asked him how he had met her dam. She gazed at him as he looked skyward, she took the time to think. Did she really want to know how her parents had met? Did she really wish to know? Shaking he head slightly, she realize She was thinking about this far too much. She prepared herself for her father's words, emeralds locked onto his ebony body.

His dark lips opened, his deep words reached her audits. She listened carefully, her auds flickering atop her cranium. He mentioned a battle, which sparked interest. She perked her ears, gazing at Descaro. "A battle? For what exactly?" She was curious as to what battle he was talking about, curiosity igniting in her eyes. She kept her crown to the sky, her emerald pointed at her sire.

So she had been born in the Basin after it was created? She gazed at him, curious as to how the Basin had been made. "So the Basin just appeared? The Gods created the land out of midair?" She tilted her head, her brain whirled. Obviously they hadn't made the Basin out of thin air, they used the Steppe, right? And they just took that extra land, at least, that's what she thought they had done. She gazed at her father, waiting for him to answer her question. Knowing the Gods had gifted her kin the land specifically for the Unicorns, she questioned if she could leave. Could she leave the Basin at some point? Somewhere in her future she had to get out of the snowy land, explore alone. But when? In the far future, when she was skilled in the way of defensive and offensive fighting. She wanted to know how to protect herself from harmful things, to learn how to defend herself from savage beasts.

Image Credit
Dawn is coming
open your eyes