Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14.2 :: 8 HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Chan

Shadow
and who shall I say

is calling?

@[Zar'roc]

"What in the dark abyss is it that you want from me?"

The question seemed to spread from nowhere into the dark air, like a whisper from the great beyond. Little more than a whisper, it still managed to convey both uncertainty and a stubborn defiance that was followed by the shuffling of gravel beneath hooves as the little shadow stopped dead in her tracks. She gave her captor a poisonous glare that warned him against coming too close and shifted the wings that lay pressed against the sides, minimized yet still kept ready in case the stallion tried anything funny. It was tempting to simply take to the sky and fly back home straight away, but there was something about the dappled colt that made her senses prickle and itch, like it was better to keep a low profile.

Her father would have laughed, had he heard the thoughts of the little raven. 'I've told you over and over, Skuggi. Don't judge until you have all the facts straight. It's the only way to go.' Her mother would have smiled and nodded in agreement with the black stallion, like she always did, but in the depth of night she would have brushed her soft, pale muzzle across the back of Shadow and murmured her own thoughts. 'It's well and good to believe in facts, but don't forget to trust your instincts as well, litla hrafninn minn. It is the voice of your heart, and as long as you follow it you will always be safe. Always, lítil skuggi.

How she missed them now. The loss, the stabbing pain and emptiness within her heart had dulled since she came to Dragon's Throat. New faces, new friends and the warmth of the camaraderie she had been swept into had soothed the ache the death of her mother had caused, the one that had only been made worse as she parted ways with her father. They were always in her thoughts, but little by little they had been joined by other faces. By Kri, by Fawkes and Midas, and by Hector, the gentle giant who always smiled so softly whenever they met. She missed them already, even though it had only been a short while since the horned menace had appeared and shooed her away from the now so familiar herdland - and for what?

A tail as dark as the midnight sky snapped impatiently against ebony hocks. She had allowed herself to be herded thus far without complaint, because as much as she was appalled by the rude behavior of a complete stranger she had also been a bit curious as to what he wanted. But now... No more. She had no intention of going any further north, because somewhere in the back of her mind she was hoping that maybe, just maybe the unfamiliar scent of an outcast along with her own would alert someone to what had happened. Nostrils widened as the wishful image of Hector coming to take her back made her heart skip a beat, but nothing on her face betrayed the hope that burned brightly in her chest.

"Well?" she demanded, sounding impatient. "Unless you have something to say I'm going to fly back home. I don't have time for this nonsense."

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP: 42
Healed

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.

Harmony

Her legs carried her through lands she did not yet know of. Stopping now to grab a snack, she sighed. She was growing ever so bored, just wondering out here like an unloved filly. She should really get back to her mother, but she just simply refused the thought. Her orbs searched the moonlit ground for a stem of grass. Flaring her nostrils, she found a bit, nibbling carefully, she searched for any life.

Her harks were perked when she caught sound of hoof beats. Possibly a pair of them. Listening carefully, she heard a voice every once and awhile. A smile started to dance upon her lips as she eagerly, but carefully walked towards the sound. When she stepped over a small rise in the ground, she caught sight of them in the distance, the most she could see was what looked like a black Pegasus. She slipped into the shadows, thankful for the eerie light that moon was giving off, it would keep her hidden. She slowly slipped towards the group of two, watching her step carefully. Harmony didn't want to step on a stick, or trip over something, it would give away her cover. As she slipped by two decent sized bushes, she looked out from her cover. Much closer to her now, was a black Pegasus, the one she had seen before. The other, she could not see, a bush was blocking her view. Letting out a quiet snort, she started to listen. The black Pegasus seemed very impatient. Also, Harmony noticed that her wings were being held awkwardly. Sighing, she stepped out of her cover and walked up to the two.

Hello. May I ask what you are doing to this mare? She seems impatient. I don't know, I'm just trying to be nice...

She trailed off awkwardly not knowing what to say.

@[Shadow]

Word count: 318

Sorry for butting in (:
The life ahead can only be glorious if you
learn to live in total harmony with the Lord..

Zar'roc Posts: 22
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Archeon :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire paddeh

I had thought I would never hear my companion inside my mind, as I had so often been told of. But now I did. It was babyish and simple, but it was there. It marveled me, and my bright crimson eyes flicked over to the growing pup, whose fur was now shaggier and small flames ran along his markings. He must sense my eyes on him, because he turns his head, tongue lolling out the side of his mouth in a odd grin. I nod my horned head towards him as I feel his mind reach into mine, relaying our plans. A grin then slips onto my face as the large wall appears on the horizon and our pace picks up.

---

It hadn't been that hard. I was almost disappointed at how easy it had been to take the ebony pegasus away from her home. A small grumble from Archeon tells me that he shares the same thoughts with me. He brushes up against my leg, eery silver eyes staring into my own. Annoyed? I hear his high pitched voice in my head, slurring over the end. My brow furrows slightly, Highly I think back as the whisper of her words, where she stands in front of me, reach my ears. 'What in the dark abyss is it that you want from me?' I ignore her, my eyes bored as I continue on, ears merely flicking toward her. She had followed willingly... not for very long. Archeon snickered a laugh at my thoughts. You have to deal with it, too. I remind him, and then he ignores me. A long way to go, indeed, if I wanted to get her to the Basin.

Then she stopped. Anger flares through me, leonine tail flicking back and forth in agitation. My eyes narrow slightly, bright red popping out against my snow white pelt. I raise my ebony dipped muzzle, rising to my full height as I stop also, muscles rippling once more as I tense my position before forcing myself to relax. Archeon's cold nose presses to my cannon bone, telling me to calm down. I let out a heavy sigh, closing my eyes for a second before the spring open and stare into purple ones. The moon lights my white pelt eerily as the silence stretches out.

'Well? Unless you have something to say I'm going to fly back home. I don't have time for this nonsense.' The impatience rang clear in her voice, and I sneered at her. The Pegasi always thought they were so superior. Oh, I'll just fly away. Not if.. wings gone. Archeon answers to my thoughts and I want to grin at him, but keep it hidden. "What I want you for...." my voice exits as a hiss towards her, though echoing clearly in the silence. "Is for me to know-" I bite my tongue from calling her a bird, or a feather brain, wanting so bad to spit names at her. "-And for you to find out." I grin at her. Does that sound familiar?

My eyes graze the wings that she holds gingerly at her side. How hard could it be to snap those things off her shoulders? I can imagine the flurry of feathers and the rusty taste of blood in my mouth- if only I could rip those appendages off of her. She wouldn't be so high and mighty then, huh? "Try and fly home- I'll just pull you back to the ground by those precious wings. You won't get far without them." I answer, voice turning from a hiss to boredom, blood orbs flicking back to her purple ones.

My ears flick back as I hear someone sneaking through the bushes. Annoyance flashes through my eyes as I open my mouth to demand the intruder to show- but she reads my mind. A filly steps forward, looking at both of them. 'Hello. May I ask what you are doing to this mare? She seems impatient. I don't know, I'm just trying to be nice... ' My teeth snap together and grind, eyes flashing angrily. "That is none of your business, little girl." I spit at her, red eyes boring into her. "Leave." I say, voice ringing in finality. Oh how I wanted to send her running- no limping home to her mommy.

"talk talk talk"
Zar'roc
&& Archeon the Hellhound
[Image: aagbkp.png]
lines by tamme <3

Shadow Posts: 153
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14.2 :: 8 HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Chan

Shadow
and who shall I say

is calling?

He was annoyed. It pleased her immensely to see the harsh glitter in those red eyes, the ticked back ears and the sharpness of the voice as he taunted her. Shadow returned his words with a grim smile, one that stated clearly what she thought of his ability to keep her on the ground should she decide to take off.

"You don't know much about pegasi, do you boy" she said, neck rising as if wanting to look down on the stallion - who admittedly was neither short nor a boy - if anything she'd say that they were about the same age. "Don't you know that the gods shaped us from fire and flame and smoke to personify true freedom? Don't you know that compared to the pitiful land-crawlers you call unicorns end equines we live much closer to the sun and the moon? For you to know, for me to find out? You would rip out my feathers? Please, don't make me laugh. If I choose to leave, I will leave."

A clearly condescending look was shot at the gray, her violet gaze lingering just a tad too long on the horn that jutted from his forehead to be polite. She hadn't missed the barely unnoticeable pause in his words, nor the contempt with which he treated her. Thus the shade replied with the same attitude, for once expressing what she felt deep down - thoughts that wouldn't have been very welcome in her new home.

"You believe yourself able to catch shadows?" she continued to tease, tail snapping impatiently behind her as the wings swelled, increasing the size of the hard-to-spot mare. "Oh I'd really like to see how you intend to do that." The raven shifted the weight between her legs, inched forward and began to move forward again. She would walk faster and faster, hooves pounding the ground as she arched up on the tip-toes... and as a rustle and a voice cut through the stillness of the dark she made use of his distractedness and took a leap from the ground, wings spreading wide and beating down hard to carry her up into the black sky.

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP: 42
Healed

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.

H a r m o n y
peace begins with a smile..

Harmony tensed and she noticed the Stallion's eyes resting upon her painted frame. Her orbs had been glued to the ground, but now she built up the courage to meet her's with his. She smirked, noticed this look was one of anger. Her pools portrayed nothing but amusement. She had never had her clefts cross paths with a situation quite like this one, but she was happy that she got to experience this now. She needed to be informed, and have knowledge of as many things as her little mind could grasp. Being updated on these things was something that could keep her busy, and feed her mind with useful information for her bright future.
She gave her dome a shake. When her locks stopped dancing, she met orbs with the Stallion once again. She bravely took four confident steps toward him. Her muscles rippled under her thick pelt. She left behind a few microscopic sorrel hairs, for it was Birdsong, time for her to get rid of her dead winter fur. When she came close to him, she bravely lifted her dome.
" Why so bitter? "
Her voice had no tremble. It was strong, it rang out, echoing through the barren land that their clefts where standing upon. She gave a chuckle and spoke again.
" I'm not your typical filly. You do not scare me. So don't even try. "
Her sentence was finished with a lick of sass, and a bit of threat. She smiled at him and then looked towards his prisoner. Stepping away from, she listened to her words. Her smile deepened, noticing she was much like herself. Her pools widened as she attempting to make a mistake. I hope she knows she can't do that. Harmony thought to herself. She simply sit back and watched everything play out. It was quite amusing.

walking
thinking, quoting
" talking "

@[Shadow] @[Zar'roc]
{ Late and somewhat short reply. But, as some of you know, I was swamped, and then my Grandpa had a stroke. I found the time to reply though!! <3 }