the Rift

[OPEN] On top of the W O R L D

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

It was dark everywhere! Roux was excited, following his father as they climbed the mountains that surrounded their home. The young colt had only thought it was dark in the Basin, but the darkness grasped the entirety of Helovia! Of course, that was only what d'Artagnan had told him. Roux was much too young to go explore the world on his own. He had been scolded all those moons ago when he scuttled away from his mother on the beach, and he had learned. He would be patient. But today d'Artagnan was with him! And Aramis! Glancing up towards his father, Roux admired how the Nightshade walked with such power. d'Artagnan was the sort to command attention no matter where he was, and Roux wanted that. Blinking and turning away, the colt continued to trot at his father's side. Sacre, surely, would walk like their father. Nodding to no one but himself, Roux looked down at the guard dog. "Aramis, I bet I could out run you."

Grinning, much like the innocent foal he was, Roux suddenly lurched forward. His gangly, long legs splayed underneath him, snow flying around before fluttering to the ground. He must have looked awkward, and he wondered quickly what his father would think of the childish romping. Without a second thought, however, Roux shook the idea of disappointment in his father's eyes off his shoulder and threw his small head in the air, white horn glistening in the moonlight. "Father, I am faster than the wind!" Roux exclaimed, an excited whinny escaping his ebony lips. "C'mon, I bet I could even beat you!"

As the colt raced in the snow his body exploded in a bunny-hopping buck, his legs kicking out every few paces. He was so glad to leave the confinements of the Basin, to stretch his legs and explore. Oh, how he wished Sacre was here to see this with him. Even in shades of grey, the landscape was breathtaking. The snow sparkled on the mountaintops, the moon resting high in the sky. Roux's silver eyes danced upwards to the sky, watching the beacon of the night. Skidding to a stop, the blood red colt watched with wonder. "Father, what is up there?" The child knew of the moon and the stars, for Kou had graced him with her wisdom about the astrology. He could find his way home if he were ever lost, because of the stars. However, the naive youngster knew nothing of the Gods.

image credit

@[d'Artagnan] -- I hope you don't mind I said they were together! After you post with d'Art, I will bring in Aviya. <3

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

It's a blind faith. A cruel waste. One bitter taste.

Today d’Artagnan had agreed to take Roux out of the Basin and onto the white wastes of the Frostbreath Steppe. A small smile was upon his lips as he watched the boy gaze around at his surroundings, his sight even better than the menders own in the darkness, his coat the same blood red and yet, his growing weapon upon his head was just like Kou’s to which d’Artagnan was glad. For every time he looked at his son he was reminded of her, he wished the boy to inherit her strength and wisdom. Her cunning and her will. Aramis yapped as Roux called out to him and quickly the pair were chasing each other in the snow, a picture of youthful innocence that would live with him forever as the hell hound playfully dodged the chunks of snow flying out from under the foals hooves. Watching them d’Artagnan began to feel old and wistfully thought back to his own time as a foal, his own childhood had been a hard one, but there were times when he looked as carefree as Roux did now. Racing and jumping without a single thought of worry.

Boyish tones broke the crisp air and the Nightshade chuckled, his smile turning crooked as he tilted his head to one side in amusement. "You’ll need some longer legs to beat me, maybe one day I’ll race you to the Frozen Arch and we’ll see who is the best." He said quite fondly, knowing the child probably wouldn’t forget and one day when he was seizing up from old age he would regret those words said with rare affection. He watched as he bounded off again, enjoying the freedom the huge Steppe gave him with the same half smile. Sacre always seemed the more bolder of the two, always disappearing when he wasn’t supposed to and returning his looks of strange wonder on his face. Roux, however, seemed more inclined to remain with his parents, perhaps his sight made him less confident to venture out, but watching him now he looked just as adventurous as Sacre. Maybe they were more alike than they first appeared.

Mismatched pools turned upwards to the sky at Roux’s question, his expression darkening as he pondered what to say. Gods. Creatures not to get involved with? Destroyers of life. Tricksters. Sun and Moon were most definitely that in d’Artagnan’s eyes, though he could not fault the Earth or Time, which left him in a predicament. Insulting a God was no light thing, he knew that from the time the Edge was almost burnt to the ground, and yet he did not deem them trustworthy. His words would have to be careful. "Ah, many things Roux, not even I know everything that is up there. Some say the Gods live there, but Gods can live wherever they chose, you might even meet one sometime." His frown evolved into a vague smile that matched his also vague answer, deciding that in this situation less was probably better. Though he was already preparing himself for the slew of questions that might follow.

[Hey wild hunnie! I'll mention you in my next post, if you'd like to c&p that one you have under d'Artagnan ^^ Sorry for the hassle <3]

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.

H a r m o n y
peace begins with a smile..

Harmony walked among the mist doomed land. She sighed as the mist engulfed her steps, and sent her harks flying forward at any noise. Any sudden movement worried the filly to a high extent. Being out here alone, afraid, and vulnerable, was not something that she was going for. There was many places in Helovia where she wished to go, and this, definitely didn't make the list. If she ever had to come here again, it would only be for a very important reason. Only then, will she visit this hellish land again. She stopped, stamping her foot. Her beautifully long locks tickled her flashily painted coat. The white of her spots where pristine. Harmony was a filly that kept herself neat and tidy, being a slob was something that she looked down upon. Many are surprised by the way Harmony acts, feels, and speaks. She is so young, yet, it seems she bears many more years then she actually does. Experiencing so much in her short lifetime had made her stressed, confused, and possessed . But why her? Why not some being that deserved punishment. She should have never been born. She was a mistake. A big one.

Pushing on, she searched for any nearby life. Becoming aware, she flared her scenters, with her harks perked, and her muscles bunched. She was ready to take off in a split second if anything where to actually happen. She was caught frozen in shock when her stunning blue orbs laid upon two figures. Her shock was quickly replaced with joy, smiling she nickered.

" Hello, my name is Harmony "

Her voice was pleasant to listen to, so soft and kind. Shuffling her hooves, she awaited an answer to her call.

@[Roux]
@[d'Artagnan]

{ I apologize for my mistake. I accidentally deleted without saving, so I just re wrote the post (: }

Aviya Posts: 59
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Time

Aviya

Aviya's steps, soft and light, kept her moving on the track of her father. Curiosity filled her fully as she watched the hoof prints below her in the snow. Her father's gait, sweeping yet calculated, was paired with the loyal paws of his hound, but also small, haphazard prints. Her mind twisted, her ears twitching upon her crown as an outward expression of the gears turning. Maybe he was training someone, or maybe he had lured a hornless foal out to their demise? Oh, she would not put it above her father to kill a foal. They were just so helpless and easy, and the emotional ties towards their parents, oh, it nearly made Aviya shake with pride. It would kill more than one, truly, in murdering a foal. She hoped he would wait for her, to let her ice blue eyes drink in his glory.

Oh, but as she approached her eyes widened, curiosity heightened to an immeasurable degree. No, d'Artagnan was not going to murder he was going to watch. Before her, the colt that danced in the snow, a red blood bay with a white spiral horn, lit up her face. Sky colored eyes bounced back to her father, the red blood bay stallion. "Nao and I did not fill your heart, hmmm? It was a son you needed to complete your collection." Aviya's tail flicked and her lips parted in a playful smirk, her liquid poison voice light and airy. "Oh, d'Artagnan, what is his name?" Taking several steps forward, Aviya attempted to close the distance between her and her father. It was the close proximity that brought about a spurt of dropped self esteem and embarrassment, for as he eyes traveled up to the face of her father they rested on his glinting, broken horn. Swallowing, hard and sour, she remembered her own broken horn. He had yet to see the wound of her heritage. The wound that the disgrace of d'Artagnan's past brought upon her. Mesec, her demi-god brother.

Before any sort of explanation could befall her lips, however, a sing-song voice clanged from the distance. Turning, as sharp as a mamba, Aviya lowered her head and tilted the dangerously sharp and broken weapon towards the stranger. Underneath her cloven hooves, a small mist began to appear. Despite the ever-growing darkness, Aviya's magic stayed with her. Disappointingly, however, it only happened with the return of the moon. "Hello, Harmony," Aviya greeted the hornless, a sadistic smile forming on her white face, "Don't be afraid." Flicking her eyes quickly to the colt, Aviya pinned her ears down. "Shall we teach your son today, Daddy?"

Credits; GloomWriter.deviantart.com, MamaT06.deviantart.com Photomanipulator; Frostie-Spirits.deviantart.com