the Rift

[OPEN] Baby, Let's Make an Atom Bomb

Tolio Posts: 110
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3hh :: 6 Years 8 Months Buff: NOVICE
Brit
MADNESS IS LIKE GRAVITY. ALL IT TAKES . . . IS A LITTLE PUSH
</style>

This thread is Open for a reason <3 Tolio is a troublemaker and a storm waiting to happen, and while I’d love for you all to let Aud post first, Tolio (and I hehe) are well aware of the fact he’s in Foothills lands, and you are all more than welcome to come and butt heads with him! We both love stirring up trouble!

---

The demon had come to collect his fallen angel.

From the frosted reaches of the North he had traveled, mercury gaze glowing in the Moon’s light. The path he traveled was known, and now was a downfall. He had memorized it long before darkness tainted his bloodied coat, his formerly pristine soul. Now, it would be used against that afterimage of innocence as the Knight stormed the barricades for his Damsel. Long pillars ate up the ground like a hungry beast devouring the souls of the pure, soft puffs of breath exhaled on each second beat, stamina far larger than when he had left. Muscle rippled under his carmine coat, shuddered in every swell of his frame as he kept his pale face towards the East.

The earth was soggy with Birdsong, mud and grass flying from beneath his hooves as he ran on, footing precise to prevent any injury from slipping. Air slipping into his nostrils was earthen and new, soggy from rain and melting snow, fresh with the tentative budding of new life. A smirk lifted upon his handsome features as he envisioned how his Princess must be taking the change. Mud upon her coat? Blasphemy. She’d likely be driven mad with the constant cleaning her canvas would require this season, something that amused Tolio greatly. Phaedra always had been one to care for her looks, but he knew she held a spitfire attitude beneath that stunning illusionistic exterior. After all, he’d known her for far longer, and likely far better, than any other inhabitant.

A scowl darkened his face, ears pinning to an invisible threat. He’d better be the only one to know her that well, or he’d forcibly remove the other person who dared to try and sidle up to her. Tolio and Phaedra had been through far too much, and the bloody brute was not about to let anybody else take away his precious princess. The thought alone sped his pace, teeth grinding together in anger, tail snapping at his hocks as if to rile him up and spur him on even further. The longer he spent away from her side, the more time it gave others to try and move in on his girl, and he wasn’t about to let them tain and tarnish her. If anybody was to do that, it was going to be him, because like hell he’d let someone aside from her do the same to him. They had a destructively beautiful relationship, one that Tolio was possessive of; even if she was not a possession, he considered the bond they shared to be something only he should be privy to.

The Foothills borders had not changed since he’d been gone, but he paid them little mind. Yeah, he was part of the Basin. Yeah, this would likely bring Psyche’s fury down on his head, but more than the jaguar bitch had claws. Tolio may have changed, but he was still gayer than a rainbow with the exception of Phaedra, and he sure recalled how to use his own claws damn it. Plus if it bothered her little tush that much, by all means Outcast him. He’d sworn himself to Mauja and Mauja only, her prissy self could take her crown and shove it up her hind end. Tolio didn’t venture too far into the lands, he wasn’t an idiot, though you may consider him one for bypassing the borders at all. He was no threat to the Foothill folk, he just wanted his Princess at his side once again.

“Phaedra! Oh Phaedra! Where has my princess gone? Your Knight is here! Come out and play princess!” he crooned loudly, jogging in slow circles around a parameter he had set within his mind, waiting patiently, prowling around as he waited for her to come. A princess could never resist temptation, after all. Tolio was nothing but trouble, and with how much trouble he’d already gotten into with the fiesty gold beauty, he imagined she’d hardly mind getting tangled up with him again. He was addicting, what could he say? Not to mention he’d already gotten tangled up with her, if you caught his drift.

“Darling oh darling! I brought you flowers, will you swoon for everyone to see? Won’t you welcome me home with a kiss?”

@[Phaedra]

Image Credits

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
A STORY FOREVER TOLD, BUT NEVER OLD.
A WARM ARRIVAL NEVER LEFT SO COLD.
</style>

Was that...?

No. Couldn't be.

Your Knight is here...

Golden ears tilted back against a lithe and well proportioned skull, covered with a mass of creamy curls, that continued down a finely arched neck. Her wings beat the air with less force now, as she listened below, dazzling sea-green gaze peering into the darkness.

Will you swoon for everyone to see?

Unmistakable. Tolio. Laughter lit her gaze, but her mouth remained in a tight line as she glided. Mentally, she sent a pulse to Stella, urging her to be silent. Although the bird had no idea why, she held back the trill that was ready to burst from her breast.

Descending like a hornet to a fresh piece of meat, Phaedra fell from the skies. Behind her trailed an array of shimmer, as if her swift drop from the heavens had caused the stars to trail along behind her, sad to see her go. In actuality, it was the magic gifted to her by the Moon-bitch's star-bear. It caused her coat to shimmer and sparkle as if lit from within, and made it look as though bits of starlight were forever caught in her silken mane and tail.

For a moment, she toyed with the idea of evading his call, of letting Archibald find him first, and wipe that smug grin off of his face for daring to step un-welcomed into the Foothills, but no.

No dear Knight; that pleasure will be all mine.

Her wings fluttered in the night, and suddenly Tolio was showered with stardust, as Phaedra landed delicately before him, in all of her golden glory. He was right, that she couldn't resist his call, but welcome him with a kiss? I think not.

"You!" She called, her sweet chimes revealing a dangerously sharp edge. Her right wing stretched out, meaning to cuff him smartly on the shoulder. Her sea-green gaze shone brightly, reflecting the starsheen on her coat, as she regarded him evenly. Did he even know what she had gone through, while he was off galavanting? And on that note - "Nevermind the flowers sugar, just where have you been?"

A dainty hoof rose into the air as if meaning to slam down to emphasize her point. Yet given the mud that had covered the Foothills, she thought better of this, and merely kicked at a blade of grass attempted to pop up instead. As she looked at him, her cinnamon stallion, her anger began to wane. Still the question of where he had been, why he had gone, still lingered in the back of her mind, but her love had begun to outweigh the anger in her mind.

Biting her cheek to keep from smiling, she cocked her head arrogantly to the side, tussling her forelock from her eyes as she did so. "Did you even miss me?" She inquired snarkily, eyebrow raised skeptically as she stared at him, feigning a cool uncaring attitude.

Image Credits
 HP: 45.5

Ulano Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: image_zpse6fc66a8.jpg]
ULANO
and the walls come tumbling down, from the city that we loved.

Uggh... Birdsong. My mind dreaded the thought, there was mud everywhere. It engulfed my hooves, going as far up as my fetlock. It weighed down my legs, makin it felt like I was attached to the earth in a desperate attempt to escape its clutches, and be free form its grip. Even with the restrain of the footing, I still found a way to get into my collected canter, allowing me to cover ground more quickly, my neck was arched, my headcarriage was pressed against my chest, I knew I looked sexy. My mane, at a fairly long shoulderlength, billowing behind me in the gentle breeze, as I dodged the looming trees, reaching out to me with their blooming branches. Mud splashed high up on myh legs, erasing any signs of my front socks, as I ricocheted off of the thick forest tree trunks. Their bark was dark, and waterlogged from the recent rain, typical birdsong.

I wasn't long after my race against the wind when I caught the sigh of a reddish brown blur between the lines of passing trees. I tossed my head up, flinging my thick forelock out of my handsome pupiless eyes, and onto the right side of my face. Suddenly skidding to a stop, and peering my head around the swaying trees, as I got a sharper look at the horse. I started to make my way closer, making the picture clearer. He was tall, and slender, of a reddish chestnut colour, with white streaks in his mane. His face, and back legs are dipped in a milky colour, like mine. Although that is only on one of my back legs. Shimmering silver-blue illminated off his eyes in the rays of light, creeping from the forest canopy. I heard him call for someone named Phaedra, squaking for hear in every which direction as he circled around frantically. His tone of voice sounded almost crazed. Moments later the angel came plummeting from the sky, landing swiftly as she seemed to hal the stallion with her wing.

She was a tarnished palomino colour, with large splatters of spots on her shoulders, and neck. Owl wings jutted from her shoulders, the feathers gently, and slowly shifting in the breeze, bending as if they had a spine. Her emerald eyes seemed to capture the stallion, as she attempted to shamethe stallion, by asking him, "Where have you been?", and, "Did you even miss me? Right off the bat.

I didn't want to intrude their reunion, but I had no choice. I needed to find out a way to get to the veins, and as far as I knew, there was no other horses around at the moment. So I just stepped out of the brush, and blurted out "Excuse me lovebirds, could either of you direct me to the Veins?". I said in my teasing, british accent. As I flipped my thick, soggy, ebony forelock out of my mane, and watched the couple to see their reaction.

508 words :P

Circe Posts: 101
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
M.E.

CIRCE

It seemed fate intended for the shadowmere to come upon that place on that day. The ludicrous words were enough to pique her interest, of course—but the overwhelming cloud of outsider wafted to the patrolling mare, and she was honor bound to pursue it and chase it away.

On a lighter note, the shadowmere was met with interesting monologue on her way to intercept a possible threat: *“Where has my princess gone? Your Knight is here! Come out and play princess!”*

The shadowmere did not stop her approach or slow her movement in the slightest—but her brow did cock as she listened to these shamelessly honeyed tones. What….?

*“Darling oh darling! I brought you flowers, will you swoon for everyone to see? Won’t you welcome me home with a kiss?”*

….the hell?

By the time Circe came upon the scene, the golden queen of subterfuge Phaedra had already come to confront the rather flamboyant fellow who dared intrude upon their borders. Circe tensed her body, her eyes settled on both Phaedra and the stranger in case her herdmate needed back up from the threat….but then….her gaze turned to something much more confused, much less amused, as the Pegasus mare started a deplorably lovesick outcry of her own. Circe bore her eyes into her herd mate, the little patience she possessed wearing thin; her eyebrow remained cocked, a wordless demand for an explanation for the presence of this stud who smelled of cold. Was he of the Basin? What business did he require of the Grey? Was Circe’s sinew needed for this confrontation?

It felt as though Circe would be trapped there, bound by her duty to watch this stranger, while the sickening tittering of lovebirds sprinkled about her, seemingly causing the air to glitter and her insides to roil nauseously. When yet another stranger—incredibly—decided to jump the border, waltz right into the territory, and ask directions for a simpleton, Circe was almost glad for the chance to vent her frustration and repulsion on someone who clearly deserved some sort of wrath.

*"Excuse me lovebirds, could either of you direct me to the Veins?"*

“South,” Circe replied, her voice low and dangerous, a growl from between her lips. She advanced on him, coming to stand before the tiny stallion and tower over him; her head was held low, her horn held at the ready to pierce and tear and punish for such a foolhardy display of ignorance. As her eyes coldly began assessing this intruder, Circe began to feel a disgusted sort of dislike for this stallion’s puny frame, which only added to her sense of irritation. “Leave. Now. It was a threat, a warning, and an admonishment rolled into one; the sorceress lashed her tail, a whip cracking in the mild springtime air. This was his only warning before the sorceress would strike. To put it bluntly, she was not fucking around today.

Image Credit

Tolio Posts: 110
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3hh :: 6 Years 8 Months Buff: NOVICE
Brit
MADNESS IS LIKE GRAVITY. ALL IT TAKES . . . IS A LITTLE PUSH
</style>

Before the words are barely out of his lips, he is answered. Wings beat the air, and pale moonlight eyes turn skyward to see a golden form falling gracefully down to earth. His fallen angel indeed. She glitters, shines; luminescent in the dark eve. There’s a fire to her eyes, a glow of excitement and recognition, of temptation and delight that she can’t hide with the forceful apathy upon her beautiful visage. Landing with hardly a sound, she sharply bites out a single word, and his cocky grin slips into a knowing smirk. A wing was outstretched, and he abruptly stopped as she wished, though he stepped forward to let her feathers brush his chest teasingly, never once removing his smoldering gaze from her lithe body. Seafoam stayed upon his own face, trying to remain stoic, and sharply demanded where he had been. Tucking his chin close to his chest he nipped gently, using only his lips, at the ridge of her wing where it pressed against his collar. Even so he never removed his gaze. Here, there, everywhere. Call it...a spiritual journey, if you want to be romantic, he rumbled, muzzle rising and dropping in tiny kisses towards her shoulder up her wing, hoping she would not remove it as his deep velvet voice wrapped around the two of them.

The dip of her shoulder was enough to tell him she’d raised her hoof, but nothing followed, and a smirk curled his dark bloody lips in amusement. Ah, so he’d been right. His fallen angel despised the mud. Dainty crown was thrown and her forelock slipped across her hazel smudged emeralds, but something amused glittered in them, and Tolio could not remove the smug, seductive expression even from when she’d first landed. Stepping closer towards her wing, he dipped his head down towards her ear- he had grown ever taller, and she had remained the same dainty stature he adored- and hummed his answer directly into her audits. Of course I missed you, beautiful. I thought about you every... he enveloped the tip of her ear in his lips before realising it, moving to her temple, single... trailing down her cheek and the line of her caricature towards her muzzle, finishing off with a teasing echo- moment.

A rustle of brush, a musky unknown, herdless scent hit his senses, and before the words were even parting the stranger’s lips Tolio swiveled to face him, using his side to press Phaedra behind him, shielding her with his body. Chest rumbling protectively he lowered his crown to point his ivory horn threateningly towards the stag, muscles tense and swelled, scarred body rippling in preparation for battle. Come no further, he growled, voice hitting bass registers in his protective anger. Firmly keeping himself as a shield between the unknown brute and his beloved, he still flicked his gaze to the dark mare that arrived, only momentarily so as not to give the Outcast a single moment to move without alerting him.

As Circe moved, so did Tolio. The darkling moved towards the other male, and Tolio shifted to stand between the pair and Phaedra, keeping Circe within his gaze as well, distrusting. ‘Lovebird’ he may be with his sinful angel, but blood had swept the ivory of his horn countless times, and he had no qualms with adding more. Even if the other mare was her herdsister, Tolio did not trust her, and he was much like a feline swelled to twice his size, a formidable wall between the other pair. No more words fell from his lips except to murmur to Phaedra, tilting his head towards his shoulder the barest of increments. Don’t move. The roughness of his voice was more than the finishing touch and sign of his current state, and he hoped with slight exasperation that Phaedra would listen to him this one time.

Image Credits