the Rift

[OPEN] We Meet Again, Friend

Antheia Posts: 129
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 4
Clo.

A N T H E I A
beauty is what is on the inside, not the outside

The moon hung over the Thistle Meadow perfectly, the lighting was so splendid. It was like I was in a dream. The dark clouds covered the sky, passing by the moon and traveling on. It looked like there was no stars in the dark sky but if you looked real close, you could see the twinkling spots dotted along the skylines. It was such a beautiful scene to watch and I would dance tonight, under the starry sky.

My dome lowered, gnawing on the muddy grass that didn't taste that great at all. My thoughts swirled around inside my head thinking of old friends that I should go off and meet once again sometime. The one that caught my attention the most was Apollo, oh such a gentleman. I wanted to meet him soon, for I had so much to tell him, but try and not over do it. I knew I was a little bit on the hyper side and all, but I wasn't made to be perfect and I never wanted to be. I just hopes he likes me for who I am. My harks flickered back and forth at the thought.

I jerked my head up, perked my ears, and got into a running position, ready to run towards the Foothills. I'm gonna have to meet him again some way. My neck began to bend, getting ready to stray off onward to Apollo's home. One, two, I thought inside my large dome and pawed at the muddy ground. Three! GO! I pushed myself into a full cantering position, the mud flying up behind me and landing on some patches of snow. I smiled, this felt so great, feeling so free and wild. This was what my muscles had been aching for, a nice little run. I could feel the warm air, weaving through my hair and ears. This is what I would call a magnificent run.

tag; @[Apollo] and Open
word count; 321
ooc; Sorry, quick post. ._.

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Apparently some were celebrating the rise of our Goddess the Moon. I watched the obsidian woman skip and leap around in the meadow with mixed desires. Half of me wanted to scowl at her light hearted glee, perhaps as an old man might turn up his nose when youth decides to partake in foolish games. The other side, my normal side, wanted to run out to meet this strange girl—show her the meaning of speed and dance under the moonlit sky as if nothing our world had gone horribly wrong. I had heard the tales of foes that our kin fought against in various parts of the world; it was unnerving to think those monsters had simply—appeared?

I didn’t partake in those battles, my place was at home defending the boarders against idiots. Today though, was my customary day off—I had been praying beneath the naked limbs of a young oak tree. Its bark was black in the shadows, and desperate for a breath of sunlight. My prayers remained unanswered, and the gods remained absent. She had cantered onto the scene, a spectral of innocence—one that was privileged beyond knowledge. I couldn’t be so easy with this body, every movement, every word spoken was to be scrutinized and judged. More so in times of need.

It had become impossible to simply enjoy life, my eyes rimmed red and still held shadows. Over the past few weeks it had become about nothing except survival and defense. Despite the silence, I felt tense, rigid; as if the worst was yet to come.

OCC: Hope you don't mind, Midas is just lurking <'3
Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
A P O L L O

And how can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
Life as he knew it was beginning to change.

Apollo had never been happier. For the first time in years, he had a family. He had friends. He had her. Finally, after so long spent searching fruitlessly for his beloved sister, the two painted siblings had finally found one another. The dark evening when he had found Andreas wandering the borders of the Foothills, Apollo had been delighted. Tears had stained his honey-hued eyes, his heart had nearly burst with joy... And hope had blossomed anew within the monochromatic boy.

But the surprises hadn't stopped there.

Ktulu, his dark lady, had deeemed him worthy of leading the Grey beside her. The event was still fresh in his mind, and the wandering outcast turned Medic turned Chief still found himself reeling at the notion. And yet... Sometimes he wondered if Ktulu had made the right choice. Yes, he lived and breathed for the Grey, but he didn't know if he would consider himself leading material... But the newly appointed Chief would do everything that he could to make sure that Ktulu's trust in him wasn't in vain.

His wanderings had taken him from the edges of his home and to the familiar plains of the Thistle Meadow. It had been a very long time since he had wandered this terrain, and in the beginnnings of Birdsong, it looked much different. The eternal darkness also had something to do with it. The melting snow squished beneath his hooves with every step that he took, but Apollo's eyes were focused on the path ahead. His mind was a whirl-wind of thoughts and wanderings. Things had finally started to look up, but even then the self-doubts remained.

Just then, something flicked in front of his gaze, causing the stallion to stop short. His head snapped upwards, horn shining in the rays of the moonlight, and it was then that he spotted an ebonite mare frolicking in the darkness. Apollo's head turned slightly in curiosity, his mind taking a few moments to realize that yes, he did know her. It was... Antheia? Was that her name? They had met in the Threshold during high Frostfall, before the eternal darkness had befallen the land. He had lead her to the Edge, where they had been greeted by the good sir Kaj...

A smile crossed his lips and Apollo's head tossed upwards, a beckoning nicker escaping him.

"Miss Antheia!" He called, forehooves pushing his body upwards so that he reared only a few inches from the ground. Coming back down, the melted snow beneath his hooves splattered in wayward directions, but he paid them no mind. "What a pleasure to see you again!"

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.

H a r m o n y
peace begins with a smile..

Harmony wondered among the thistles. Confused at where she was. She just simply wanted to find her mother. She had been searching for a bit, and was sick of it. She just wanted to spend time with her.

With her harks set back, she walked on. Somewhat irritated, everything seemed to be so frustrating. She pushed back the feeling, yelling at herself. Stop that, right now. The thought of her crossing over to that side was too difficult to bear. Her conversation with Antheia still haunted her thoughts, sending shivers up her spine. Heaving a large sigh, she started to trot. The thistles danced in the slight breeze she made with her dainty body, some of them scratching her hide. She despised this land, it was nothing like her favorites, Endless Blue, or Heavenly Fields. All this land had going for it was annoying thistles and... she squinted. Purple flowers . Stamping her foot, she tried to zone out that horrible, ugly color.

Harmony became more alert for others, in hope of finding her mother. She moved on with her harks perked and her ears set forward. She came across a small rise to set eyes upon her. Her beautiful painted coat was striking, she was sure it was Antheia. She started to canter, her dainty hooves making a soft padder as she flew across the soil. Why am I so happy to see her when I just saw her hours ago? She shrugged. I guess Harmony just loved her that much.

As she approached she let out a joyful neigh. Stopping beside her mother, she looked into her eyes. Nuzzling her she spoke,

" Hello mother! "

OOC
Sorry to but in (:
@[Harmony] @[Midas]
Word count: 293 ... lol. that's pathetic.

text text text
thoughts
"blah blah blah."

Deceased
Clo.

A n t h e i a
from caring comes courage..

My legs carried me on, racing through the Thistle Meadow. I was full of energy and I didn't know why but I was liking it a lot. I didn't think I've had this much energy before, but it did me good. But as soon as I started my night run, I slid to a stop, caught by surprise when I glanced out the corner of my eye. I saw a stallion, a winged one. I didn't know if he was from the Edge, for I had never seen him before. I wondered how long he had been standing there. Had he seen my goofy actions? Maybe so but maybe not. I didn't really know. I wanted to go over and greet him but decided otherwise and just let him come to me if he would like to start a conversation.
I jumped a little when a sudden voice appeared. A very familiar voice indeed. I smirked, if anyone knew that voice, it would be me. Apollo. I threw my dome at the sky and turned to his direction, nickering softly. "Miss Antheia! He called out and how happy was I to here his voice? Very happy of course. "Apollo!" I shouted out to him as my hooves carried me over to him at a graceful trot. He hadn't changed much since I had seen him on that first day I met him, but he did seem much happier, which was a great sight to see. "I was just on my way to see you!" I smiled and nudged him in a friendly way.
Once again, another voice came, this time from Harmony. "Hello Mother!" I listened as she called out to me. When she came beside me and touched me with her soft muzzle, I did the same against her fuzzy neck. I glanced back to Apollo with a smirk. "I treat her as if she's my own, but this is my adopted foal, Harmony." I smiled and nudged my fluffy filly again. She was mighty beautiful, and I can't imagine what she will turn out to look like. She will be magnificent. She will become a princess one day. Maybe before I would ever become a queen, if I ever did.
I smiled, I was glad they were both here and could meet. But I would still love to see that stallion come over and greet us. Speaking of, I turned my orbs towards the lonely stallion, concern filling up in my eyes. I forwarded a gentle nicker towards him, trying to con him into coming over with the two and I.

tag; @[Midas] & @[Apollo] & @[Harmony] & Open
word count; 433
occ; slowly losing muse. o.e
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
I wouldn’t be able to remain silent for long, someone was coming. A welcome friend, a welcome presence. Apollo, his scent was sitting on the cool breeze—eventually he came like a tide illuminated by the moon. A unicorn I considered my brother arrived with a smile and greeting upon his lips not for me, but for the mare. “Miss Antheia!” That title was known and it didn’t take long for memory to kick up. Antheia danced for the goddess, I remembered her from our rather random meeting with a young foal and my bonded soul partner. As if on cue a child also stepped into the field, rather excited to see the dame that had drawn all of our attention. “Hello Mother!” I scrutinized the child instinctively, seeing if she was the same youth that had lost her 'Bob' to my bird. They were not the same, this filly had no crowned weapon emerging from her forehead.

Antheia obviously didn’t recognize me in the bleak light at first, her nicker was soft and encouraging though. Those pale eyes had seen me standing by, and she had made a quick decision to not approach. Had it just been myself and this lady, we might have gone our separate ways. Apollo was here now, and I longed to catch up with my dear midnight friend. Stepping from the shadows and into the faint light I responded to her call with a soft wicker and trotted to the happy little trio. A playful smirk caught the corners of my lips until each side had risen to match a fresh light that had covered the darkness in my eyes, “Apollo, Antheia, good to see you both again.” My gaze shifts to regard the little foal with a smile before turning to the icy unicorn with proffered muzzle, I murmur, “How fairs you and yours in the endless night brother?”
Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
A P O L L O

And how can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
It was soon after spotting Antheia that another joined their little reunion, one who happily bound up to the dark mare and proclaimed the elder as her 'mother'. That, immediately caused Apollo to tilt his head in confusion. When they had met in the Threshold, Antheia had been no mother; she hadn't even been pregnant! Or... If she had, she hadn't been showing, and this youngling was far too old to have been birthed and then aged from the last time that he and Antheia crossed paths.

Still, Antheia came forward at a pleasant gate and gave the overo a gentle nudge on the shoulder, which caused him to chuckle warmly. He listened as Antheia explained just who the foal was, and he smiled. "That is wonderful, Antheia. I'm very happy for you." He said softly, his words gentle and sincere. It filled him with relief that she was making a home and a name for herself in the Edge. Even though he had wanted her desperate to join their ranks in the Foothills, all that mattered was that she was happy, and perhaps that was for the best. The life of the mercenary could be a harsh and unexpected one.

Honey-brown eyes turned and lingered on the young Harmony, and he dipped his head in a gentle form of acknowledgement. "It's great to meet you, little Harmony," Apollo stated with a smile, eyes twinkling in genuine mirth, "I'm glad to see you and your mother so very safe, and happy."

It was only then, when Antheia regarded another who Apollo had overlooked did he realize that a dear friend of his had been surveying the entire scene. Turning his head, Apollo's lips softened into a reminiscent kind of smile, his eyes locking on the familiar golden hued form of the Dragon's Throat General. It was Midas; perhaps the dearest of friends that Apollo had made in the entirety of Helovia.

"It's great to see you too, Midas," he returned the words when the good General had joined them. "It's been too long since we last have spoken, brother." Stretching his neck out, Apollo brushed his muzzle against Midas' own, breathing in the familiar scent of his brother in arms. They had fought and bled beside one another, and simply being around his fellow stallion made Apollo feel safe. It was much like the feeling that he got whenever he was around Andreas.

At Midas' question, a sheepish smile curled Apollo's lips. "I have been well, and I like to think that the Grey is remaining confident as ever, despite these dark times. Things have changed, though." Here, he paused, glancing to Antheia and her daughter, uncertain with how much information he could divulge. The Grey swore no fealty to anyone but themselves, but Midas was his friend. He could divulge a little, at least until he and Midas could find time to speak alone. "In the absence of her sister, our Consctrictor seemed to think I was worthy to lead beside her. It's... Taking some getting used to." Apollo chuckled in modesty then and shook his head slowly, the strands of his mane swaying in the light breeze.

"You should visit. I'm sure she misses you." A jesting comment, certainly, for Apollo was well aware of the relationship between the golden General and a certain Chieftess. "But tell me; are you and your home well? And Fina? I won't lie; I have been concerned..."

Turning his head back to Antheia, he smiled. "And how have you been? Settling into your home well?"

[ooc:Sorry for the wait, guys, and the rambly-esque post. XD]

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Deceased
Clo.
[ -nudge nudge- Trying to finish all of Antheia's threads. xP @[Harmony] ]