the Rift

[OPEN] !! Heartbreak World

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
Resplendence's feet were dragging along the ground. Her brain completely and totally imbolized from taking in any of the surroundings which might possibly be threatening her existence. The only knowledge she even had was that she was heading north, in hopes that she would stumble back across the border of mists and fogs that marked the land that was the Edge - the land that was her new home. Both of her cheeks, the right side of her neck, and the majority of the right side of her chest were covered in a maroon shade, cracking a little with each movement. Dried blood against her coat - but it was not hers. No. But, perhaps it should have been hers.

Her mind continued to replay the moments, the sound of hooves moving at a quick pace, toward her frozen frame. Then, the harsh feeling of being shoved off to the side, crumbling to the ground. And the scream. The screech of pain as it filled the air, cutting any sense of peace that the haunted lands of the marsh could have mustered. The land was not a grave-site, it was a dumping ground for those who didn't know just what their fate was to be. Everything was preserved almost to a T, bodies bloated just enough to prove that they would not return to walk the earth again, but preserved enough that one could still see their loved one's horror in their eyes.

How close was she to those mists? She didn't know. Her frame inching forward, not trembling, not swaying, not stuttering, just moving forward as a ghost of herself. The twisted, gnarled branches of the few trees she passed suddenly shifting to the horns of that black one that were dripping blood - not the liquid that was just ice melting with the incoming warmth. Tears were staining her face, turning red as they picked up the blood that had dried into her fur. Even her haunches were splattered with blood, from the coughing for Rowan as she fought for her last breath. There were no words left upon her maw, nothing could explain this inescapable loss. Her heart felt hollow, her mind shattered even more than before. She had not actually witnessed a death. She had only come back to see the dead bodies, knowing that they were gone. Never had she understood just how piercing the words "I'm sorry for your loss" could be. No one had said those words before. They had simply looked at her with those sad eyes, knowing that Res couldn't explain what was shifting around in her heart as she fought for something stable to clasp onto with the weakening tendrils of her ever shattering mind.

How long had she been walking? An hour? Perhaps two? Or maybe it was three? She didn't know, but she had felt the burn in her pillars initially, only to realize now that the burn was gone. In fact, she wasn't feeling anything. She was blank - her golden orbs were a much darker hue, no glint of the knowledge and hope that had always been lurking in there even if she had been to afraid to show anything of that nature to anyone. She felt alone. Completely alone. She longed for Quil. She longed to curl up under the protection of the wings she was so afraid of and to just sob. Sob hidden from the world so others could not truly see her pain. But now her tears had stopped falling. Her eyes were dry. There were no tears left for the memories that were flashing through her skull. No words left on her lips to plead to the Gods for Rowan's return to the world of the living. There was nothing she could do to bring her back. But, really, she wanted some form of vengeance on the black one who had done this. And for what reason? None. There was no logical reason for him to have killed her - to have ended up killing Rowan.

What was this? The mists suddenly blinded her vision. How long had it been since she had crossed this border? Her mind was fogged over so much that even the mists were not bothering her. No, the tear trails in the blood had only started to return her pelt toward her regular colour, but it made it obvious that the tears had begun to fall like the liquid cascading down a waterfall. And, her broken eyes stared through the mist, blankly toward anyone who dare come closer. The trembling was gone, but the exhaustion had taken over. She was spent, both mentally and physically. So much so that standing was becoming difficult, but she didn't dare walk any farther now that she knew she was safe, shrouded in the mist of the Edge. Her body was starting to sway to the left. Then sway to the right. To the left. Back to the right. She didn't make out the figures patrolling the borders, she just saw their frames, knowing that they were there, but she didn't call out to them. No. It was then, for some reason, she wanted the protection of wings, to shroud her further from the world than the mists could accomplish. Her mouth opening to call out for Quil, or for Kaj but no words could escape her mouth. Her brain would not allow it. She was mute from the shock and terror. And, as she fought to stay standing the only images that came across her vision in the mists was the blood pouring from her best friend's body as she screamed and wheezed.

The world really was a horrible place.
953 words
open to anyone in the edge, though
timed just after Rowan's death.
@[Kaj]
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Antheia Posts: 129
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 4
Clo.

A N T H E I A
beauty is what is on the inside, not the outside

My clefts carried me throughout the Edge territory as I searched for anything possible. I didn't know where I was heading, all knew was that I was searching. For some odd reason, I had this feeling, this feeling that someone needed my help. I had know idea what was going on inside of me, just the urge to continue on. My orbs fell across the sky as I looked up at the starry darkness. It was so beautiful, even in this endless night that no sun appeared to repeat day and night. Though, I still wished to see the sun rise once again, with the magnificent multicolored sky following along. It had been so long since it's soft rays reflected off my coat and warmed my chilly body.

My soar stomach ached for some lush green grass to feed on, but every time I tried to slow down and eat, my hooves kept on moving, not allowing it. I was very angry at my actions, but then again, for it to be this bad, it had to be a important reason. I kept myself moving, weaving through the trees as I trotted along like my joyful self. I was about to just nicker to see if anyone would respond, but then a crossed eyes with a sorrow mare. She looked so sad, her coat shattered with blood, and I couldn't help but wonder what had happened to her. As I looked over her frame, I had no recall of any wounds. Maybe it isn't her blood? I wondered slightly, deciding to walk up to her slowly.

"Hello miss." I whispered to her in a soft tone. I needed to know what was wrong with her, if not then I would not know why I was brought here. But, I didn't want to ask it yet, if so I would look like an idiot. I wasn't going to put her through the same pain she might've been in at the time of what happened by making her retell the whole story, that would be just plain cruel. I had a tast to complete and that was to cheer this poor thing up. It was going to get done, no matter what I would have to do, I was not going to leave her like this.

tag; @[Resplendence]
word count; 386
ooc; bleh..

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

World's Edge</style>
World's Edge WingLeader
Everybody with your fists raised high-
Let me hear your battle cry</style>

Patrol.

A simple word, and a simple but highly important task. The markers are renewed, soft words of greeting and inquiries exchanged between passing workers, and the day toils on. At least, it does for Kaj. Until now. A young Protector had come to him, worry upon his brow as he softly confessed to a strange sight. A doe that smelled of them, but covered in blood and unresponsive. Kaj had queried further, and the moment the poor youth had described the mare he didn’t know, the massive stallion had set out at a dead run. Silence was not important, and he could not take to the skies with Resplendence so terrified of his wings. The trees would shelter her form anyways, and she was only going to be found on foot. With the directions of the last seen checkmark from the young protector still ringing in his head, Kaj thundered down the length of the border until he reached the marker the messenger had informed him of. Swiveling, nostrils flaring to display hot pink, Kaj caught the barest hint of her scent mingled with the thick iron of blood, and his path was swiftly changed.

All the while, questions ran rampant through his head.

Why does she have blood on her?

Is she hurt?

Is it hers?

Who hurt her?

Rage was boiling inside of his chest, snarling and thrashing, demanding freedom, howling for a target to unleash itself upon. Whoever had harmed his little sister was going to pay in blood and in life the moment Kaj received a name from her trembling lips. The fact that somebody wished to harm someone so scarred and nervous in the first place only amped up his fury, fueling the adrenaline that surged through his powerful body as he raced to find the fragile femme he had sworn to protect and cherish.

He doesn’t see her first.

An obsidian form and a pale face greet him, and he slams his hooves to the earth, scoring and marking it up into deep ruts. He must look a sight, nostrils wide and ears pinned, muscles tensed to nearly double their size and wings flared. In time, as he shudders to a full stop, Kaj recognizes her. Antheia. He had been the one to accept her so long ago, receiving her from Apollo’s kind guidance. And in stopping, Resplendence is revealed to him. Locking azures upon her form, he brushes past Antheia in a whirl, pale muzzle immediately going to the blood caked onto her neck and chest. It is dry, and as he frantically searches her body he finds no wound. ”Oh aardbei, zusje what happened? Who hurt you? Who did this?” His voice is a combination of worry, love, and anger.

Covering her in tiny kisses of his muzzle to her skin, Kaj stood at her side and tentatively moved his wing to cover her. She was covered in muck, and it was likely only cooling her further in the chill of Frostfall. ”It’s okay,” he crooned quietly, ”I’m here, I promise.” Words she may or may not hear in her shock, but he draped himself around and over her, spreading his warmth and love, wing protectively shielding her from any trace of wind that wished to cut across her canvas. How thankful he was now for having been born with such large wings.

Icy blue eyes turned to Antheia. He knew she would never harm a living creature, he’d been the one to judge her after all when she’d been at the borders. But if he shifted more to shield Resplendence from view of Antheia, well at least it was subtle. ”Do you know what happened to her? Where she came from?” The rumble of his voice took on the tone he rarely used, the one he reserved for giving orders to the Protectors, or in dire situations like battle. It was militaristic, sharp, commanding. Nothing like the tone he’d employed for Resplendence, but not cold either. The blazing look upon his features suggested to anyone who saw that if anything or anyone tried to get to the shattered girl beneath his wing, he’d kill them where they stood.

---
Notes: So very late I’m sorry!
Tag: @[Resplendence] @[Antheia]
Translation: aardbei- strawberry :: zusje- baby sister

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
How long had she been standing shrouded in these mists? How many soldiers had seen her presence and gone to tell a superior? How many were concerned that there might be an attack? Did it even matter? Her frame was still swaying back and forth as it threatened to collapse on the spot from the hours of walking she had accomplished in order to get back here. She could tell that some of the soldiers had stopped and looked at her, attempting to inspect her frame without getting too close. And then, it seemed, once they were certain that the scent of Moon Goddess's mists were wrapping around her in an attempt to comfort the poor soul who was too shattered to understand what was moving around her.

The screams continued to fill her ear, no matter how hard she pressed it up against her cranium in an attempt to block it out. The scent of blood caked to her coat continued to radiate into her nostrils and send her back to the scene even though the tears had dried up beyond use. And then, someone was coming toward her. Blank eyes met the ink frame, not even registering the white markings that made her strikingly different from the stag who had stabbed her friend. She couldn't even take in that the horn was not laced with the caked, maroon substance that was meant to give life. She staggered back a few steps, opening her mouth in an attempt to yell and scream for help. "Don't hurt me! God. Please! You've taken away enough!" she screeched in her cranium, but nothing except a broken gasp could escape her vocal chords as her golden orbs glinted with fear in the darkness that had overtaken them. He was back. He was here and he was going to make her join the grave as well...

Words hit her ears, a hello with 'miss' tacked onto the end, and the soft, almost soprano tone did not match the burly, almost mechanic voice that had been vibrating in her ears since the attack. The voice did not match the body she was seeing so vividly before her. Her head shook, just slightly, as if to say no - the fear causing her to stumble back another couple steps, deeper into the tendrils of mist that were coaxing her into their hold, trying to hide her frame and protect her from the memories that were overpowering all of her senses.

And finally, the mists seem to completely envelope her frame, wispy against her face to catch any tears which might finally be able to fall from her dried eyes again. The ebony mare with ivory markings still appeared to be the ink creature with the curled daggers dripping blood, despite the proof that she was not that stag. Dead eyes peeled away from the threat, no longer attempting to cry out for help - to cry out in fear, begging to not be broken anymore than she already had been. Those exact dead eyes landed upon a frame that was familiar, one that she could not cloak as a threat no matter how hard she tried. But, her brain would not allow her to differentiate as to whether it was Kaj or Quil who had appeared, muscles rippling and wings spread as he flared his nostrils to take in all the air that would reach his lungs. His looming frame shoulders past the one she sees as a threat, only causing Res to stumble back a few steps wanting to cry out "He killed her! Him! He killed Rowan!" but again the words could not escape her maw, mind dawning her mute for the moment from the shock that her system was still attempting to sort through.

She does not flinch as the pegasus puts his muzzle against her neck, and runs it along her chest. No. She does not. And it is strange, anyone who knew her would admit that, but now she was too out of it to even consider anything except that mechanical stag a threat - too out of it to take in that she really had no view for protection, no way to save herself if she even had the ability to try. The familiar voices matches the familiar stag, but she still cannot place exactly who it is - that was until she heard the nickname that Kaj had dawned her. Instantly, the dried tears are no longer dried. Her eyes well up and she shakes her head, uncertain as to what 'zusje' is but still unable to speak. She throws her head toward the mare still cloaked as the murderer, feeling as he continues to run his maw across her frame, before cautiously raising his wing to cloak her further from the world.

The tears were falling again as he crooned, telling her that he was here - a promise falling from his lips. Her audit manages to prick up ever so slightly, struggling to concentrate on the voice that was familiar - the voice that meant safety. Instinctively she shot forward, pulling up against his side, head burying itself against his shoulder. The trembling had still not returned to her frame, no, but the tears were now cascading down her cheeks, continuing to start to clean the cracked blood off of her face, some of the tears starting to soak into his hide. And then he was talking to the one who was cloaked in her vision, asking if he knew what had happened, where she had come from. Of course he knew! He was there! He had killed her best friend. Her maw opened again in an attempt to speak, "He did it! He killed her! He's right there. He's right in front of us! How could you let him in here?!" She was begging, pleading for her voice to emerge - to let Kaj know it was all his fault - but no sound would slide through her maw and into the mists that were also offering their protection to the shattered mare.

But she was cold, and afraid. And with his voice came the vague, somewhat comforting memory that there was nothing sharp in his wings. So, she snagged onto a tuft of the downy feathers above her, trying to pull his wing down closer to her frame, only to get a mouthful of the baby feathers that couldn't actually do anything except cushion. Coughing them out she shook here head a little, long tresses caked together in portions and moving almost like a board with the shifts. Cautiously, she stretched out to his longer feathers, grabbing onto it and giving it a light tug - so as to not harm him in the process, unsure of how much pull she could put upon the wing without causing pain, and continuing to attempt to shift his wing so that it was actually wrapped around her body. Her frame was small enough to be completely covered by the wing, except for maybe the very end of her haunches. And so, as she leaned up against his side for stability to stand, and begged for the wing to wrap around her frame the blank eyes continued to stare out at the mare cloaked in her horrible memories.

Memories were shrouding her entire world. Was there anyway out?

1240 words
forgot to mention she's going to be mute for most of this thread. XD
@[Antheia] && @[Kaj]
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Deceased
Clo.

A n t h e i a
from caring comes courage..

I watched the mare a couple of minutes, making sure she would be alright. I wanted to rinse all that blood off her pretty coat, for it annoyed me tremendously. She seemed fine, nothing was wrong with her except the fact she was drowned in total sorrow. It was so sad, I didn't like seeing the poor mare like this. It would make my heart ached if I left her in this kind of condition, so I would do a thing like that, I would stay here until she was at camp, safe.
Then something came to her. She looked straight ahead it seemed, not even a blink crossed path with her orbs. Terror took over her body and it started to worry me sick. What had gotten into her? Why would she not even blink? Did she see something I was unable to make out? Whatever was wrong, it was really starting to freak out and just wanted to run away from this mess. But I wouldn't leave her like this, not at all. That would be a nightmare.
Soon Kaj arrived and I was ever so relieved. The first thing he did was go up to the mare. He seemed to be worried about her, like me but probably way more. He might even have feeling for her, but I wasn't about to enter their love life. No, it wasn't that I hated love, just the fact that was their problem to discuss, not mine. As Kaj turned to me, I dipped my dome in his direction. "Hello sir Kaj." I placed a short smile against my muzzle but it soon faded into a frown. What was up with that? He didn't even greet me? The darkness must've changed everyone, for Kaj wasn't this nervous when I had first met him. "Oh aardbei, zusje what happened? Who hurt you? Who did this?" He asked the bloody-covered mare.
To my surprised, the mare threw her head in my direction. I grumbled and then continued on in a soft voice. "Pardon me?" I asked in a kind tone towards the mare.
If she was saying I had killed or even murder , I think most certainly not. I rejected against fighting in all sorts of ways. But murdering?! I think not.
I didn't exactly really know what she was pointed at me for, but by the looks of the dry blood and the terror in her, the thoughts of murdering someone were whirling around inside that crazy little head of hers.
”Do you know what happened to her? Where she came from?” Came from Kaj in a very, very protective way. I was hopping that he didn't think I did anything to the poor mare. "Sorry sir Kaj, but I have no idea. But by the looks of it, she has lost a loved one." I looked at Kaj with gentle orbs, dipping my dome once again.
My heart ached for nothing to go wrong. I didn't want my own herd going up against me for something I knew I would never do. I was starting to shiver in fear that I was going lose my home, but I had to set things right. Somehow.

tag; @[Resplendence] & @[Kaj] & Open
wc; 535 words
occ; Antheia is confused. o.e

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

World's Edge</style>
World's Edge WingLeader
Everybody with your fists raised high-
Let me hear your battle cry</style>

Unresponsive, dead, detached. Her eyes speak of darkness and shadows, death and plagues he has no knowledge of. She stumbles away from him when he comes to her, the only sign- and the saddest one he knows- that she is still somewhat coherent. Her eyes were locked upon Antheia as if she’d seen the devil himself coming to drag her down to hell, and it made something tremble deep inside of Kaj. The look alone was enough to scare him out of his wits, concerned for her. What could possibly happen to her to make her look so hollowly towards such a kindly herd member? But what is possibly most concerning is that she doesn’t so much as flinch as he touches her, something that would have spurned a far more violent reaction any other day. As he speaks her precious nickname, something inside her shifts, and suddenly she is crying. Thick blood slides down her cheek, prompted by the salty liquid, and Kaj’s heart lurches into his throat at the sight. Res shakes her crown, pale strawberry and cream locks swaying in a ripple at the action, but words still refuse to make it past her clamped lips, as if she is physically not able to form them.

In a swift, shocking movement she is pressed, tiny and frail, against his much larger frame. He stares down at her, baby blues wide and surprised. She continued to sob soundlessly against him, cheek pressed into his shoulder as if to hide away from the world that had done nothing but stomp and spit upon her. Lips moved, gaping in an attempt to speak, but nothing was forthcoming. "It’s okay, zusje, it’s okay. Nobody is going to hurt you. Antheia isn’t going to hurt you. You’re home. You’re okay. I’m here." He continued to croon to her in his deep, deep voice, letting the rumble and shake of his chest transfer to her in a hopefully comforting sound as she pressed close to him.

Kaj sent an apologetic gaze towards Antheia for not responding to her greeting, knowing he had not been particularly polite, but could you blame him? He’d been caring for Resplendence since they’d first met, and the instinct to run to her, cover her, shield her, was far too intense for him to stop for polite chatter. It was the same for any of the Edge members who called out for help, who appeared to be in harm. Kaj would do the same thing in an instant for Antheia, did she not understand?

Distracted by a pull upon his wing he glances down, surprised once more, to see Resplendence desperately pulling his wing down against her body. Obliging her, hoping to comfort her in her distraught state, he pressed his wing fully over and even somewhat beneath her belly, holding her close to his side, shielding her nearly completely from view. She was so small, he felt as if he could crush her with a single squeeze, and it hurt him in an unknown way to know that any other soul could likely do the same thing. Kaj may be eloquent, and he may not withhold his words, but he was not well-versed in many things. His thoughts took a very simple, one-way track, and complex emotions like these confused him, made him distraught and anxious. He simply didn’t understand.

But if she felt safe within his wing, he would not deny her.

Antheia spoke then, Resplendence going still once more, and Kaj took a deep, long breath to get himself under control once more before turning and meeting Antheia’s gaze. ”I’m sorry, she’s like my baby sister, I did not intend to be so impolite.” Dipping his crown slightly to display his sincere apology as he spoke this. ”I admit to having lost my blood sister before she was a full cycle of seasons of age. I cannot recognize the signs well...thank you for your insight. What...what do I do to help her?” Sighing, his baby blues were conflicted, confused. Why couldn’t he understand them? Why couldn’t he reach into their hearts, their souls? Those who dwelled in Helovia were so incredibly complex, and it frightened him, because he didn’t know if one day it would be his downfall. He loved them all with an intense passion, but in the end, would it be enough?

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

Resplendence</style>

FROM THE SCRAPES AND BRUISES
TO THE FAMILIAR ABUSES
I'LL KICK AND SCREAM BUT IT NEVER CHANGES ANYTHING

Shivering. Confusion. Jumping. Panic. Twitching. None of it was present. Could she even focus? Could she pull apart the images that were crashing into her cranium as if they were bulls in a stampede? Could she dissect the reality from the imaginary? Could she find a way to pull herself back to the broken fragments she had been before her pile of shattered glass had been neatly collected in a ball and then stomped on allowing little shards to start to stab against the edges of the bag and rip it? Could she actually allow her breath to mingle in the air and match the rhythm of the large stag beside her? Breathe in. One. Two. Exhale. Gasp for more air. Three. Four. Five. Push it all out again. Scramble to fill the lungs with oxygen. Six. Seven. Eight. Nine. No. Don't cry. Struggle to breath in without the air shuddering. Ten. Eleven. Twelve. Breathe out just a little. Thirteen. A little more. Four- a little more - teen. Fifteen. And more. Sixteen. Seventeen. Eighteen. Stare blankly ahead. Nineteen. Twenty. Beg for the oxygen to fill her lungs. Twenty-one. Twenty-two. Realize that she can't see anything more than a muddled image of the world around her. Twenty-three. Exhale. Immediately gasp for more. Twenty-four. Twenty-five. Let the sobs commence. A choking noise. Something that proves her vocal chords still work. Choking. Sobbing. Blubbering. Tears cascading down and fogging all vision as the mists pull tighter around her frame. Twenty-six. Twenty-seven. He had done it. Twenty-eight. Twenty-nine. The mechanical one. Thirty. Just keep counting. Maybe it'll all just stop...

As she shuffled her frame up against Kaj, burying her weak body against his muscled one, she had shot her head towards the mare cloaked in black with bronze and blood dripping off the horn. The voice was distorted again. It wasn't mechanical. It wasn't harsh. It was almost sweet. It's all a charade! He's playing a game with your mind! She wanted to scream. She wanted to plead. She wanted to understand why he had needed to kill her doll! She wanted to understand why the only one who understood the Pandora's box in her head - the one with a curse much worse than her own - had needed to be the one to go! And he was here. He was in front of them. He was in their herd land. They were not safe. Could they not break that into their skulls?! If she had the guts to smack Kaj on his head she would have done so! She would have screamed in his face that he was making a mistake! She would have called him a traitor for letting such a monster in that acted like a piece of machinery! How could he do this to her?!

And, as if he could tell that Res was getting nervous about the stag being there he spoke. That unfamiliar word, which she so desperately hoped did not mean he was calling her an idiot was used. Telling her it was okay. But it was not okay! Nothing was okay! Couldn't he see that?! Antheia. That is a lie! He is not Antheia. That mechanical one before her with a laugh on his lips was not the 'Antheia that he spoke of. She was okay? All because Kaj was there? He was letting the swamp monster emerge from it's watery grave in order to take her down with Rowan too. Not like she didn't deserve to join her in those murky depths of oblivion - it had been her fault that she hadn't survived long enough. After all, if she had know how to heal then perhaps she would still have had a chance to get to someone who could have actually aided her in healing.

Instinctively, she curled up tighter against him, even tighter than before, as the sobs began to get harsher and harsher. And, wanting to be hidden even more she tugged on his wings. It seemed to take him a second to realize what she was doing before he wrapped his wing safely around her frame in order to place her in a cocoon. The warmth spread through her tired limbs as the caked blood began to itch against her pelt. She needed to get this dried life-substance off of her pelt. She needed to find a way to pretend that this hadn't happened. But that wasn't going to occur with the creature before her only wanting her death.

Then, he was speaking to the mare cloaked in her memories. The sweet voice protruding from the mechanical monster still messing with her cranium and sending her in loops as she fought to decipher reality from memories. Yes she had lost a loved one. But that thing before her only knew that because it had done it to Rowan. It had caused all of this pain. It had opened Pandora's box and gifted the only one who was capable of understanding such a shattered mare as Res the only gift that couldn't be returned - death.

Thirty-one. Thirty-two. Mouth starting to gape open a little. Thirty-three. Thirty-four. Struggle to make any sounds. Thirty-five. Words can't be formed. Thirty-six. Thirty-seven. Thirty-eight. Thirty-nine. Again, the shock has kept her mute. Forty. Forty-one. Forty-two. Hooves. Forty-three. Forty-four. A tiny light hits her eyes. Forty-five. It disappears. Forty-six. Start scratching at the dirt. Forty-seven. Forty-eight. Sketch out the word "Blood." Forty-nine. Fifty. And then "Horn." Fifty-one. Fifty-two. Take in a few shaky breaths. Fifty-three. Fifty-four. Part of a word: "Murd-" Fifty-five. Fifty-six. And the rest of it. "-erer" Fifty-seven. Shake head to get the tears away. Fifty-eight. Fifty nine. Scratching an arrow pointing at the cloaked figure of Antheia as the mechanical creation continues to laugh at Res. Sixty. Nip at Kaj's shoulder. Sixty-one. Sixty-two. Sixty-three. Inhale. Sixty-four. Sixty-five. Insistantly stomp at the ground so he see's her writing. Sixty-six. Sixty-seven. Sixty-eight. Exhale. Sixty-nine. Hold in the tears to have a clear vision. Seventy. Give into the pain.

Someone. Please. Make it stop...

1039 words
So sad. urmagawd i can't ._.
@[Antheia] && @[Kaj]

Deceased
Clo.
A n t h e i a

I couldn't help but wonder about this mare. She seemed so confused, so lost. But she was also confusing me. She thought I was murderous?! How could she think such a thing?! I hadn't ever hurt a living soul in my entire life! Yet, I had sympathy for her. She was sorrow, and all I wanted to do was help her, but I couldn't do so with her thinking I was a murderer. She would freak, thinking I was trying to kill her into a helpless little thing.

Then it hit me. She was seeing things. Things that occurred in her past. Things that had hurt her. Maybe I looked like another? Maybe I looked like the thing that put her in this position. Whoever or whatever had done this to her, she was seeing it again. I had to try and cheer her up, maybe make her forget about what happened. But she didn't trust me. So, I looked at Kaj.

"You've got to keep her away, Kaj. You need to get her near the light and not let her see the outside world. I know it sound horrid but she needs to calm herself, think things out."

My muzzle reached out towards the stallion, nudging him softly before I pulled myself in. My gaze turned toward the ground, where the mare was writing out words on the ground. Horn. Blood. Murderer. I was shocked and jumped out of the way as she drew the arrow in the sand. Yes, I'm positive she's seeing things. I looked up, confused orbs watching the mare.

"I admit to having lost my blood sister before she was a full cycle of seasons of age. I cannot recognize the signs well...thank you for your insight." Ah yes, I think we've all been there Kaj. "Don't worry sir. I lost my best friend when he was the only one I had left. I've been alone for years until I came along to this land of beauty." After the last few words, my mind seemed to blow.

"KAJ! She needs to think of the happy things that have happened in her life! Not the ugly ones! Maybe if she thinks of the happiness that filled her in the past then she might forget about the sorrow days!" I shouted with glee as a smile plastered against my face. Oh how happy I was to see that I might be able to fix the problem!

"blah blah blah."
wc - 414 words
ooc - Sorry it sucks so much, I'm just not up to in the past few days. o.e
tag - @[Resplendence] & @[Kaj]

DevArt