the Rift

Can You Catch a Falling Star? (Eris, Open)

ahi Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

She caught you off guard, but not enough so that you would follow. Within the first few minutes of waiting, walking along with the mare of puke purple and sunshine, you had second thoughts, an axienty about moving to a new land. So what do you do? Turn on your ass on run. Like hell on hooves, you run back further into the Threshold like the coward you are. What would you think would happen? Your honestly more stupid than you look. Your wings hurt like the dickens now from the panic that sat in your chest, and you moved them like a dumb shit because you thought they still worked. They're broken you idjit. Anyways, your in pain and even more sad now, being all alone again, back to square one once more.

Why is it you always end up like this? You once more ponder on the thought of how your mother committed suicide, jumping into the flames of the hellish heart that born all the earth around you. You look around now, wondering if you should try again. What is there for you that is worth living for if you are alone? You realize this now, looking about with wild eyes. For some reason you still believe that someone will care if you decided to off yourself. Good luck with that freak.

Hugs and kisses from the reaper.

A cliff is not far by, looking out over the edge of territory that is not Helovian soil. I look about, once again wondering. It seems he's left, the little narcissistic voice in my head that I can't stand. So what if I do jump? He's right about one thing; no one will care. I prep myself, wondering if I will suceed this time. I'm scared, but I feel as if there are no other options. Love from the end of the line.

@[Eris]
"speak"

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Lately, the only company Threshold offered consisted of irritable mares—their temper got old fast. It would be a nice change to run across some lost soul that didn’t have one foot in his or her mental grave. Physically wounded perhaps, but please Lord…not mentally. As luck would have it, someone close by was having physical and mental problems. A half-ass answer to a rather frustrated prayer that wasn’t getting heard. I was obvious to what lay in the distance, as are all who stumble upon things later down the road.

Painted frame pushed through the naked brush in a slow grim way, it was hard not to take notice of all the despair. Only a few brown leaves remained on nearby shrubs, skeleton like oaks climbed up to heaven. Everything was dying, or was already dead. Moon plants, or forage that grew in the light of our celestial lady usually only thrived in the meadows where they could absorb much needed glow for personal food production. The sounds of wolves and other predators had become increasingly loud as they woke from hibernation and gave birth to Birdsong litters.

I could see him standing by, just as my body pushed free of the shadows and was thrust into the enteral light. He was posed toward the edge of some cliff, my brain took only a moment to register the scratches from idle attention in the woods and crooked wings that hinted upon several breaks. Cautiously I stopped moving and called out with a concerned frown already tugging my grim face into a deeper state of worry, “Are you alright?”

OOC: Hope you don't mind my joining <'3

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Unregistered

The charade didn't last too long, and it was a razor sharp tongue that stopped you in your tracks.

'There's someone else here?'

Of course there is someone else here dumbass, why else would they have spoke? I sure as hell didn't say a word, and you aren't crazy. Well, you are, but I'm not. You can't ever escape me, I hope you know that. Now, be a good boy and speak to the stallion, so that you can continue with the jumping off the cliff, mkay?

I look at who is behind me, not moving an inch, but just tilting my head. It is a stallion as he said. He...the stupid voice of my depression. Why did I have to end of with him? It was hard enough dealing with the death of my mother and then he came along, tearing more and more into my heart. And he wanted me to jump...how else was I supposed to feel? I turn around slowly, almost limping from the pain my wings cause me. They are getting worse, and I feel they will never heal again, not properly at least. The stallion is of black and white, a collar around his neck.

'He looks like a dog'.

'Shut up, or I'm going to make you.'

'Oooo, I'm so scare of you. Please, just focus on telling the bastard to leave, then we can have some fun.'

I don't speak a word to him, for it won't help me. I look at him again, as I had apparently turned me head to the side. He is joined by a bird made of fire, one that is bright, and is almost mesmerizing. But now is the time to speak, to put my actions into words. What can I say...what should I say?

"I am...no. No I'm not. My mother is dead. She committed suicide. My wings are broken because I tried to join her in death. I was going to follow one to the Foothills, but I ran away, because I was scared...I'm already an outcast, and I need to know that I"m safe. I have no one, and I'm not loved by anyone. Please...I need help."

"speak"

OCC: Of course not dear! <3 I don't mind having another char in the Throat xD

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

Time to gooo! my mind is cloudy and everything feels like a thick, condensed soup. What is this? I have been wandering a lot lately; not that I want to stay in the bogs for a long amount of time, my legs get covered in filth and mud, and that cannot look very good to prying eyes. I must stay pretty pretty pretty, to lure them in like bugs to the soft glow of candle light in the dark. The earth has slowly become padded with moss and tender shoots of grass once more, thanks to the end of the hellacious Frostfall. The sun still has not appeared, but we should be fine with that.

Speaking of the sun, his brother the moon is hanging low in the sky, creeping through the trees and watching us all from the almighty heavens. His numerous children, the stars, glint high in the air to remind us that with the return of themselves and their father, there is proof that the sun still exists; because without their uncle sun, there would be no father moon.

Two silhouettes clashed against the white glow of the massive rock hanging in the black sky, each facing away from me, by the angles of their bodies I can barely tell. Well, perhaps another client or two? My body, though wobbly and unstable, pushes on to wander through their path. Earth churns below uneasy, noisy feet, and even though I'm walking in what seems to be a straight line, I feel as if my body is in three places at once. One perfectly primed and pampered dark hoof clicks into the other with dizzy steps, leaving me very well known to the two strangers.

Eventually I am not too far from either faceless body, the acid in my stomachs rolling and sloshing to create another burst of nausea that I had been able to steer away from for a while. The solid colored male spoke, something that I barely paid any attention to until the end of his pleas. "Hello boys." the words roll off of my tongue with the seductive rasp that I have so carefully perfected throughout my short adult years. I craned my antlered skull to the left, allowing myself to cut behind the rumps of each stallion and bring myself a fair distance away from the chestnut.

Purple eyeballs scanned over each of the lightly lit male's faces, tying their appearance into my fumbled memory. The brute nearest to me bore both horn and wing; something I had yet to see in this god forsaken land. A beautiful combination, yet not as beautiful as the painted stallion's poised body. Something about the chestnut radiated worriedness, stress; over all heightened anxiety. I allowed my jaw to drop as in order to speak, yet no words filed together in my sloshy brain in order to translate an understandable sentence. It clamped back shut for the time being. Instead, I tilted my cranium to the left, reach out lovingly, cautiously, toward the worried stallion. "You are loved, sweetheart." How pathetic. Hopefully the young brute will fall for the motherly act.

"Speak." Walk walk
Ooc: Horrible post, as she is sick and all confused about everything.
@[Alisier] & @[Midas]
AgronA
There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship's smoke on the horizon

image credits
table by whit
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

He turned back to look at me, this broken one. His eyes where wide, brimming with emotion—he turns to regard me fully. Slowly and painfully are those steps, I can see the points where flesh meets bone. It was hard not to cringe a little and keep my own attachments from ruffling uncomfortably. Just looking at his outward expression of agony was enough to make my heart twist into painful spasms of compassion; thus was a failing attribute for one who held much regard for those in need.

“I am…no” A counter then he willingly spilled the issues that wounded his heart, “My mother is dead.” One ear flicked back, I could hear another approaching, though I didn’t want to take my eyes from this stranger. Caution warned that if said company was as wounded as he appeared, the threat could still be present. Then he said, “My wings are broken because I tried to join her in death.” Suicide. “I’m already an outcast, and I need to know I’m safe. I have no one, and I’m not loved by anyone. Please…I need help.”

“hmmm.....” I started, but was cut off.

Those sounds of rustling brush and timber finally revealed itself. A mare emerged. “Hello boys,” she said. Not unkindly, but something about the tone caused my frown to deepen. Those long legs wobbled said lady over to where we stood. “You are loved, sweetheart,” she cooed warmly. Ebony muzzle shifted to regard her, “Are you well, Ma ’Lady? You appear…unsteady?”

Glancing back at said fellow who was likely on the verge of completing another attempt at suicide, I said, “Come, and walk a little with me. We can talk. I’m Midas by the way,” a half smile is all I could muster, if his pain was so great that walking became a burden perhaps I could lend a hoof.

MIDAS & FINA

STOCK CREDITS

Unregistered

The mare is quick to jump in, and you realize that you are being touched. Everything is in slow motion as you try to decide what your next move is, like a cluttered chess board with half the pieces missing. You jump back quicker than excepted, letting out a large gasp as the pain you caused yourself drips through your already tattered nerves. She tells you that you are loved. A random bitch is gonna tell you that and you believe her? You really are an idiot. You can grit your teeth at me all you can sweet cheeks, but I ain't going no where, no, not yet. You'll miss me too much.

He is back in a split second, more than I can comprehend in that time. The pain of tattered wings is almost too much for me to handle. This mare makes me frightened, and how could I not believe what she says? There is hope in my voice for once, as I look at her with putty eyes.

"You...really think so? How....would you know?"

The stallion speaks, and he is much more comforting to my beat box heart, and the rhythms he sings are the jam I've been looking for. I speak slowly, my monotone voice making a come back.

"I...I will go with you, Midas. Perhaps. Perhaps...I could met you some other time? I would go...if you would just tell me where."

@[Midas] @[Agrona]
OCC: Thank you Angel and Nev :D So he is going to talk to Midas a bit more if Angel doesn't mind having another thread, and he will come back and find the Asylum. That cool with everyone?

"speak"

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

“I…I will go with you, Midas. Perhaps. Perhaps…I could met you some other time? I would go…if you would just tell me where.”
I spared a glance at the unusually unbalanced girl who had appeared and fallen silent. My compassionate smile thickened, he wanted safety and I could offer such— but only to the willing. “Come,” I said encouragingly, daring to take a step toward him and led us back into the thicket. Away from the cliff, away from his death that I really didn’t want to witness.

“You have no living family?” I inquired kindly, trying to spark a conversation with the wounded lad. Knowing that there was little to appease those who suffered the iron claw of grief, “You needn’t carry these troubles alone.”

His suffering could be understood, and even related. Once, not so long ago I also feared for a life—that of a throbbing spirit. My middle child. Had Cera passed on from this world, and Onni not come in time…our places might be flipped. It would have been me standing on the edge of a cliff, me praying for salvation as the ground kissed my body and spent this spirit flying toward the afterlife. When Norse died, a dark seedling took root; his passing was a lesson for a young heart, and thus it was a hard one for learning. It wasn’t until Cera came along to pull out said black roots that I found light again. Another death would surely crush that glow. Even imagining a world without him in it, unthinkable.

MIDAS & FINA

STOCK CREDITS