the Rift

[OPEN] Warmth for the Injured

Antheia Posts: 129
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 4
Clo.

A N T H E I A
beauty is what is on the inside, not the outside

My clefts traveled me to the Heart of Helovia, my front left leg whimpering in pain. Yes, I was still limping from that horrible day on the beach, but I needed some warmth. The air was still chilly with the snow flying around on the ground, even if it wasn't really snow anymore with mostly mud.
I reached the fire's flames, but I stayed where it was just a the right temperature for me. I flopped down on the ground. "Ouch!" I shouted in a painful voice as my injured leg pounded against the hard floor of the Earth.
The air was filled with a warm breeze and I couldn't be more happier. It was like the sun was back here, without an actual blazing hot sun. My eyelids began to slip over my eyes and I couldn't help but fall into a deep sleep. The dead grass provided me a soft bed to lay on so the ground wouldn't hurt my ribs.
I had so many questions to ask about my hurt leg, but no one to forward them to. Was I going to be alright? Would someone ever help this thing heal? Would I die from pain? What would happen to Harmony if I passed away and nobody take her in? Would someone be worried if I came home limping? It was like I was freaking out over one little sprain in my leg. How could this be happening to me? See! There's another question!
I wish I had never wished to have a race against my foal, but I just wanted to have some fun, not hurt myself. What if that happened to Harmony?! That was one thing to be happy about, that it didn't happen to my little princess. Gosh, that would've been a horrible thing!

tag; OPEN!
wc; 300 words flat!
occ; Just a little thread about Theia freaking out over a sprained leg. xD

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo
tear me open pour me out,
inside there's things that scream and shout

The horizon glowed with an angry orange and red glare, cloaked by a thin layer of smog that continuously belched from the core of the earth. My mind raced, attempting to remember my first appearance to the oh so lovely Heart of our homeland. All at once, images of my travels of this godforsaken pile of rock and water And fire, and grass, and sand, and mud, and snow and - "Quiet." I growled, shutting them off completely. I have found myself becoming stronger at some points, being able to silence them, cut them from my thoughts rather... while at other times they wound their way through my entire system and have began to control my body in small ways. This would end up being a disaster.

Eventually and image of the gray, one winged mare who's name I had forced from my brain, stopped; her cheeks stained with tears and her lungs struggling for a draw of sweet, clean air. The fool had ventured much too close to the spitting pits of fire, thinking she would be able to run away from me and into something she couldn't even see. That particular day had turned around, leaving to emotions I had only felt once more after the moment we had in the dank, dark cave... we had found something. What was that? A jewel. Maybe I could find another? Some other time.

The scent of a mare stirred within the unpleasant scent of the thickening smoke, my body closing in toward the raging flames that I knew danced below the thin crust of the sphere that we all danced on. Odd colored eyes traced over the outline of the unforgiveable soil and rock mixture; one thing stood out in the distance, a lump of black slumped over across the ground. Dead? Possibly. There's no telling from here. A strange excitement coursed through my body at the thought of a corpse, propelling my slow meander into a quick paced trot.

I moved along with short strides, grotesque back hooves dragging across the ground that bore curled, dead vegetation. The body started developing smaller things, more detail than it had before, her coat now seemed to carry along white sections. My legs shuffled below me, slowing into a hurried walk, until I loomed over the body, standing diagonal with her not so bloated belly. She was breathing; fast asleep. Damn it was the only thing they spat out. The smell of this female seemed little to not even familiar, one that I had probably come across while on a walk through our boring rock. She does hold a horn, so perhaps she is from the Basin as well. That's where I've seen her I'm sure. My red eyes continued to stare down at the near motionless body.

Tagged: @[Antheia]
Text here "Chat here." Voices here

i run but it stays right by my side
Table by Frostie
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Deceased
Clo.

A n t h e i a

I heard hooves hit the ground, the vibrations carried the sound the soil. I could help but wonder who was behind me. My dome lifted, but I only got a glimpse of something dark before it fell against the ground again. Yet, I didn't know for sure, my vision was blurry. My leg was aching from the pain and my body was dripping in sweat. I felt so hot, so sorrow. What had happened?
The last thing I could remember was me racing Harmony at the Endless Blue. I had tripped, fallen and my leg, it hurt like crazy. There was blood streaming from a hole in the lower part of my leg, below my knee. Had it got infected? Would I die from this decease I might be carrying? But I had no time to worry about those kind of things. For I had something stalking me at the moment.
My voice quivered as I tried to speak. "W-Who's there? Pl-Please help m-m-me." It seemed impossible to speak with my throat so sore. My body was steaming with heat, it felt as if my frame was on fire. I didn't know how much longer I could stand it.
I wanted to stand up, I knew I had to or else. I wasn't ready to die. I had a future ahead of me. I had Harmony and Kahlua counting on me to be there for me. I couldn't give up now.
I pushed, trying to get up. My body hovering over the ground. I stood, but I didn't seem to be strong enough and fell against the hard ground. Was this going to be possible? Would I ever be able to stand again? Yes, I would have to.
And so I tried again, getting up and wobbling about, but I could stand, hardly. I was weak on my left front, I didn't know how long it would be able to hold up.

"blah blah blah."
wc - 322 words
ooc - ...
tag - @[Voodoo] & Open

DevArt

Voodoo

My intense, watchful eyes seemed to stir up a bothersome feeling in the mare's lifeless body; as she quickly roused and began to stir, mumbling words that seemed incoherent and useless. She was in some pain by the looks of it. Her body quivered with the hopeless attempt at standing, her leg looking possibly a little inflamed. My skull raised and ears pinned back at the quick movement Put her out of her misery one of them cooed, creating a peaceful, relaxed voice in order to make it actually sound like a good idea.

My back legs reached backward, my front following along to push me away from the writhing female before she kicked me by accident and pissed me off. The heat in this place is horrid, I don't understand how so many beings could survive in a fiery pit of hell like this. Was the Dragon's Throat that I have heard of as bad as this? That's why we like the cooooolldd in the Basin.. you know.. HOME One yelled in my head, perhaps anticipating the arrival of the cool mountain fields as I was.

Finally, with a little less flopping and flailing legs, the mare awkwardly got to her feet, favoring her front left leg with what I thought was over exaggerated. "You must be a complete idiot to come here, perhaps the hottest place in Helovia, while in pain." The words were low and irritated, not exactly directed toward the mare, but obviously being that we are the only two out here at the moment. Each breath I took was invaded with the thick smells that seemed to pour out of the sweaty mare like water from the sky in the wet seasons; where is she from? This smoke is making it difficult to put my mind exactly on it. Ocean, forests? Perhaps she is an outcast. The World's Edge, dumbass Ah, yes. Thank you, that makes sense.

Red eyes shifted from the mare's inflamed leg to her face, my brain telling me that I indeed have seen her out and about. "Who are you?" I demanded, my throaty voice sounding as grave as the underworld keeper's. My body shifted below me, carrying me around from the mare's side to her face. I paused once I was hopefully in her line of attention, hoping that I would remember her who she is, if I have in fact met her.

Table by Frostie
IS IN YOUR HEAD

Deceased
Clo.

A n t h e i a

My leg was cut open, just below my knee. It burned, felt like it was on fire, killing me slowly. My frame, so sweaty and nasty. Droplets fell traveled over my coat, going under my stomach and then falling to dead surface. Was this what pain felt like? I had never really felt anything like it, for I had nothing to be painful about. To me, my life was totally covered in happiness, what else could happen? Well, it was covered in happiness until up to this point.

I was still really confused as of why it had gotten infected and caused this sickness. I hadn't done anything to make this happen. My mind seemed to spin, causing me to get really dizzy and fall over, but I caught myself before my soft skin touched the dirt. My vision, so blurry. I could barely see a thing. Though, my hearing was fine and I could hear anything and everything he was saying.

"You must be a complete idiot to come here, perhaps the hottest place in Helovia, while in pain." And you're a complete idiot at greetings aren't you buddy? A smirk with a grin applied as a dry chuckle escaped my maw. "Who are you?" As you said, a complete idiot, same as you. The dark thoughts lurked around inside my mind but I refused and continued in a polite tone. "I--I'm Antheia." My throat seemed to not like the thought of a kind tone and kept it's horrid scratchy voice.

I took in his sense, and somehow, I seemed to know him from somewhere, but I had no idea where. I was lost at the moment, I could see anything but blurry colors and I couldn't even feel my body anymore. What is happening to me?! I wanted to ring out but it just seemed as if I couldn't, that it was impossible.

"blah blah blah."
wc - 318 words
ooc - ...
tag - @[Voodoo]

DevArt

Voodoo

Antheia? They repeated in my head, searching through their filed off memories with pointy, icy fingers, papers being tossed around as if they were simply trash and something to be thrown in the nearest shredder. I blinked a few times in silence, waiting for their response to my unnecessary question: have I met her? After a few more gobs of imaginary paper, they had no response, leaving me to believe that no, we had not met. With this, I continued to stare down at her with no words to touch my crimson lips.

She was in pain -this was obvious- as her body was sweaty and lethargic. I drew in a hot breath, ears rotating around to listen to nothing but the continuous bubble of our overheating earth. Should I help? If so.. how? My weight shifted from all four legs to my right side, allowing me to cock my left hind hoof onto it's edge. "What to do with you, Antheia?" My voice dropped an octave as I announced her voice, making it sound both disturbing and reluctant.

My dark face dropping, reaching out to the slightly inflamed gash. It smelled spoiled; something that I imagine a wolf's gut would smell like if it were split open. That may just be my intense sense of smell though; to any other it would just stink. The foul scent caused my stomach to lurch and bubble uncomfortably. I lifted my head into the air once more, attempting to make eye contact with the dark coated, sweaty female.

Table by Frostie
IS IN YOUR HEAD

Deceased
Clo.

A n t h e i a

My heart raced with fear as he asked what he was going to do with me. Would he throw me into the pit of fire or would he let me go free? I didn’t like the thought of dying like that at all, it was too miserable to think of. He hadn’t even told me his name yet! Mysterious creature indeed.

I just stood there, gazing out into the flames and sparks of the fire. I could exactly see the figure really well, but was that my mother? A dark figure swayed faintly in the smoke, weaving to and fro. I was so confused. Was my mind playing tricks on me or was it really her? I thought she was gone? Forever?

I had missed her dearly. I started to walk up to her, but I blinked, and she disappeared into thin air. I shook my dome, and then looked back up at the flames. Nothing. I gave up, turning back towards the grey stallion. ”I… I never heard a name?" I said politely, tilting my head to the side.

I hope he wouldn’t hurt me, I still had a life to live, I didn’t want it to end so early. Though, he showed a hint of kindness towards me, not much but a little. That was enough to earn his name, right? It didn’t look like he wanted to cause any harm either, and so I would consider him a friend if he would allow me to.

My time was running out and I needed to get back to Harmony before she gets in harm’s way. But first, I would wait for a name from the friendly beast before I just go running away.

"blah blah blah."
wc - 286 words
ooc - ...
tag - @[Voodoo]

DevArt

Voodoo

The mare stared past me, her eyes searching for something that I had yet to either hear or smell. Thin neck twisted to the right, skull rotating along with the motion in order to look behind me, wine red eyes seeking out the object that seemed to grab her attention; nothing. Two toned ears reached back to hide in my wild hair once more and my attention drew back to the female. She had moved without me noticing, drawing past me with very little to no noise.

Her position caught me off guard and a deep snort rolled out of my nostrils, hot air blasting into the equally warm climate. My hips rolled away from her, right leg reach far enough away to allow my left leg to follow, bringing myself to face her once more. It would be a dumb idea to allow some one to stand at your side, even as injured as this one is at this point. You never know what some of them may be up to.

Finally, a jumble of words formed into a sentence and flowed from the mare: ”I… I never heard a name?" The corners of my mouth twisted into a grim smile, fading away as quickly as it had popped up. "That's too bad." With that, I examined her stance, allowing myself to believe that she is able to stand well enough on her own. Nodding to myself, I turned to my right in one fluid motion, accepting that nothing had come of this day. Sweat began to form in small patches across my dark hide, tinting it a few shades darker than the original color. It is time to go home, and they agreed happily by attempting to rush me onward, picking my body up to a quick walk in order to exit the bowels of hell.

Table by Frostie
IS IN YOUR HEAD

Deceased
Clo.