the Rift

Be the Icon.

Iconic Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Iconic

Mine She whispered. Thinking of her plans for the future, Iconic was becoming impatient. Her dainty hooves made soft thumping noises as she quietly walked along. Her thoughts raced, she couldn't wait for her near future. To be a ruler. To have it her way. All the time, every second. All for her. Her plans you ask?
Dris
The most noble, wisest, and fiercest outcast herd in all of Helovia. Somewhere her fellow murderous equines could come. A place where the thirst for murder was accepted, and actually promoted. Dris would be a training place for stolen, or stray foals to come and learn to fight and thirst for blood. Why is Iconic this way? She really, doesn't even know. Blood and killing was just natural for her. Dris was where she wished she could meet equines, unicorns, pegasi, hybrids, companions, anything that shared her habit and love for murder. Iconic wanted to be known, she actually craved it. She wanted to make herself feared, a good reputation, the way she looked at it

She smiled. Her idea was perfect, an awesome plan. Just, amazing. Iconic stopped and looked around, eerie moon light shed across the land, the snow was now melting, revealing brown grass beneath. She sighed and pawed at the ground. Making herself a small, soft, round area for her to lay at night. She slowly dropped, when she was on the ground, she laid her head on her knee, closing her bright blue orbs.

In the middle of the journey of our life
I came to myself within a dark wood
where the straight way was lost.

sedma.deviantart.com
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 Midas</style>

All I saw was smoke and fire
I didn’t feel a thing, but suddenly I was rising higher

The moonlit land was bright enough for walking without stumbling; no longer did the plants and forest creatures rely on unnaturally bright tree forage. It had become easier to find food, and slightly less daunting when a fellow decided that walking the twists and bends of Threshold was a necessary evil. The night was still plenty full of danger; there seemed no end to the strange cries of pitiful creatures that had were starved for sunlight. I walked quietly between the trees, weaving carefully so that my feathers didn’t rustle against the brush and make unnecessary noise. This slice of land was my second home, and a favored place for those passing through Helovia.

Ahead was a small clearing, with dirty snow still upon the frosty earth and naked trees surrounding said clearing like silent sentinels. I pause inside the treeline, simply looking out for signs of life. Scents of others were always stronger in areas like these, but one in particular held my attention long enough for me to notice something curled up in the shadows. I might have passed her by without ever noticing if my training had been that of an inexperienced you; the darkness of pelt was perfect camouflage for a world such as ours. Pushing through an overhanging of dead limbs that scratched at my spine and clawed passionately at my wings—I approached slowly, with wary wisdom born from experience. She was alive at least, I could taste her breath upon the air even at this distance, and by the faint light I could make out her chest rising/falling with even pattern. It wasn’t so cold out that I worried about her health as one might during the thralls of Frostfall. Again I paused, close enough to not strain for words yet far enough away to avoid possible problems, “Well met Ma ’Lady.”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Unregistered

Iconic

Iconic was resting when she caught scent of a being close by, she stayed still and remained the way she had been. As she heard something rustling through the trees, she opened her eyes and saw it. A pegasus, looking about her same age. On the inside, she smiled. Ahh, I guess wanting to take me to his little herd of precious beings? She chuckled to herself as he approached and spoke to her;

“Well met Ma ’Lady.”
She snorted and rose, her red tipped wings pressed tightly to her midnight coat. Her stunning blue eyes resting upon him. She spoke;
"Er, hello. I'm Iconic. You are?
Her voice was soft, yet demanding and somewhat rude. Not many expected her to be like this, her stunning beauty, her cleverness, then she speaks to you, and it all goes down the rabbit hole.
She took a step back, letting her wings stretch away from her body, they were stiff from laying for so long. Sighing, she pulled them back in and towards her warm body. She shook herself, her beautiful, long, straight mane tickling her. She smirked to him and spoke again.

" Oh yeah, and what ya want? "
She scoffed and waited for her answer. While she did, she looked over at her blessing. Her beautiful wings tipped with red where something she would be lost and alone without. They where her best-est friend, carrying her every where she pleased and giving her an advantage over the average Unicorn or Equine. She looked down upon these species, but didn't think they shouldn't be in existence. It was just, the Hybrids and the Pegasi where much more superior and important. Iconic could care less if she killed anything, but killing a pegasus or a hybrid, let off a spark of guilty in her cold heart, but that was just to be pushed away as her eyes glazed over and she finished with whatever she wished to do with the lifeless body.

sedma.deviantart.com

@[Midas]
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 Midas</style>

“Er, hello. I’m Iconic. You are?”

Apparently we both might have done better if I had just kept on walking, she appeared gruff and irritable. Not the polite response I was hoping for; apparently a pretty face wasn’t everything, and it certainly wasn’t physical appearance which would get her into a strong alliance. At least not through me. In the Threshold, friends happened to be helpful to those who aspired for something--this lass didn't appear well suited for the making of many 'friends.' With more grace than perhaps she deserved I murmur gently, “Please, call me Midas.” I wasn’t sure who or what had caused her to wake up so prickly, but there was little hope that it would change, “Oh yeah, and what ya want?”

Unflinchingly I held those brilliant aqua orbs and studied them with care. After a moment I thoughtfully said, “Hmmm…” Honestly the task of recruiting was case by case, and some cases panned out better than others, “I don’t suppose I want anything Lady Iconic. It just felt rude to pass by without a word.” These next few moments would spin out how our meeting was fated to travel; it would also announce if she was Throat material or not. Likely not, if first impressions were to be taken seriously; perhaps I could still help in some small way. Even if it was only giving Iconic directions to a herd that would be more her flavor. The ball was still in my court so I bounced it back with a question, “Are you new to Helovia?” It was an innocent enough to ask, hopefully my words would be received with some dignity.

Hana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Hana
I don't preach or scream ain't trying to teach the scene,
The only guidelines are those you need to read between.
She stumbled onto the winged stallion from the Dragon's Throat and the winged mare on pure accident. Her ruby orbs studied the situation and she believed that she saw some tension in the air. Clearing her throat to make sure they both know that she was present. "Pardon me, my name is Hana, I'm a member of the Foothills." A voice that was happy and carefree filled the air, Hana had always been a mare that was full of life, love and joy. The lightly coloured doe took a few more steps forward and offered each winged creature a smile. This mare had always found herself so plain as an equine, hoped with a deep sincerity that the others she had just stumbled upon would not view her in the same manner. Hana took a deep breath in before she continued with her words. "The Foothills...well we are so much more than just a herd, we are a group...a family. However I will not use smoke a mirrors." Hana pauses to catch her breath again. Recruiting was hard work. This little dame hadn't caught a break in a while. "We are also a band called the Grey, a group of mercenaries who swear allegiance to only one another. We have many different positions, our family is always ready to welcome new members."

Hana did not was to pressure the mare nor did she want to try and 'steal' this mare from the throat's representative. In fact she had hoped through her sweet and mostly innocent babbling, that the tension that had seemed to filled the air, had vanished. With a smile on offer and good intentions at heart, Hana backed off to let the other winged ones get some words in. She wondered if the mare would actually end up choosing a herd or if she would chose to become an outcast, loyal only to herself and the land that she moved to live in. Hana had not become a loyal member of the Grey through her own pure choice. In fact her decision had been swayed by her older blood sister Lakota, however Hana was thankful for this. The Grey had taught her so much about herself, she had become a better person because of the way The Grey worked. She owed them so much.

That was why Hana was out here trying to recruit for them. She wanted to start giving a little back to her family.

Unregistered

Iconic

Iconic sighed, noticed that maybe she should be a bit more considerate. Of course, they did come some way to meet her. She put a smile on her kissers, lighting up her face, making her beauty multiply. Dipping her dome, she turned towards the winged horse, she chuckled.

" Midas, why it is a pleasure to be in your presence. "
She bowed her dome once again, and met her eyes with his. Her smile deepened as she spoke again,

" Yes, I am happy you stopped by to converse."
She flipped her long, straight forelock from her stunning blue pools. Her beauty was ratifying, steaming off her shiny midnight coat in waves. She chuckled, her dainty hooves shuffling in the soil.

" Yes, I am now new to Helovia. I have many plans for my future, that I would be happy to share with you if you please. I have already started to love these lands, I think they are actually quite magnificent."
She took a step toward the winged animal, she felt a connection, because they where both pegasi? She didn't know. Simply, she wiped all emotion from her face, as another being approached, this time a simple Equine. She scoffed to herself and whipped her head in the dierection in which the equine was coming, and listened while she spoke.

" Hello Hana. You shall call me Iconic."
She bowed slightly, her dome lowering. She didn't care about being polite to this Equine, although for now she shall act as if she cared. But, one wrong move and she'll rip this mare's coat to pieces.
She rolled her eyes, this mare was going on, and on... About her homeland? Her herd? No, her fucking family. Yeah right. Its a herd . Not a family, dammit. Did this foal really think she was going to convince her by saying its a "family". Yeah right, you don't kill your family. Without death, there's no life.
She spoke one again, her blue pools drowning the mare's bland orbs.

" Really? Are you serious? I hope to the Gods you aren't serious. Really I do. I don't care about 'families'. I'd rather not be part of a fucking family. "
She turned her head, her focus now on Midas. Her smile returned as her blue orbs focused on his eyes.

" Now, Midas, what part of these beautiful lands do you accompany? "

"Talk. Talk. Talk. Talk. Talk. Talk. Talk. Talk. Talk. Talk."

sedma.deviantart.com

@[Midas] @[Hana]
Thanks for joining guys! (: Sorry if Iconic is mean to your charrie!
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
 Midas</style>

Like a switch suddenly flipped, Iconic’s pretty face snapped out of its state of grumpy. She smiled sweetly and said, “Midas, why it is a pleasure to be in your presence.” That ebony crown dipped respectfully and my face softened into something that was borderline amusement; I returned her smile and listened quietly as she answered my question. That previous impolite attitude could easily be ridden off as a stress response to being in a new land, this idea satisfied us both enough to relax my quarters and start the process of reassessment. “It good that your time spent here has been fruitful,” I mused knowingly, “despite the unfortunate state Helovia remains stuck in.”

We had been standing apart, Iconic developed a sudden trust or favor and stepped closer. I made a point to remain unmoving, aside from adjusting feathers and the occasional absentminded flick of an ivory banner. Simply allowing her taller frame to close the distance separating us was best option. Each move was something calculated by the General side of a strategic brain in the meanwhile; she was dainty, but appeared well chiseled for the task of fighting. Her long limbs seemed to glide with little effort, a dancing partner worth of a spar or two and perhaps harboring a talent for spying perhaps.

“Please, do tell me more about yourself and these plans.” I offer, settling into an at-ease stance for the possibility that this could end up being a longer conversation than first thought.

A conversation that would be cut short. More company was well on its way, a female equine pushed past the trees and joined us. I could taste the aroma of Foothills lingering on her fur, she smelled like another home that was often on my mind. Ktulu and our precious little daughter, I wondered how they were doing. “Pardon me,” she chipped apologetically. A girl with some manners, “Nice to meet you Hana.” Iconic seemed less than thrilled by Hana’s abrupt entrance and rather direct words.

My golden pools shifted to Ktulu’s recruiter in surprise, she had blazed right past everything cautious and just dove into offering VIP access. What was Ktulu rearing these days? I wondered, but wouldn’t and couldn’t frown upon her efforts in front of this stranger. Such would be rude and dishonoring to both of our herds; instead, my ears pricked up to listen for how Iconic would handle the situation.

“Really? Are you serious?” Again it was astonishment which turned my crown back, both brows rose a fraction out of simply revelation by how blunt this woman was. There really was no beating around the bush with this lady, or regard for any feelings on Hana’s part. For a moment all I could do was just stare at them both, wondering why mares had to be so complicated with one another. Women were often very cruel to members of their own gender; and this was yet another fine example.

Still. What Iconic said was troubling. If she couldn’t survive in a family setting how could she be trusted with simple jobs such as patrolling and scouting? “Now, Midas, what part of these beautiful lands do you accompany?” quietly I answered her question, while sparing another glance toward Hana, “I hail from Dragons Throat, Lady Iconic.” Some people just couldn’t get along with others, I silently hoped that Ktulu’s attendee wouldn’t get bent out of shape by that negative response.

“Allow me to add though,” a deep sigh whelped behind my tonsils and threatened to erupt between my lips, “If working as a family, as one unit doesn’t appeal to you…I’m afraid my homeland will not satisfy your needs.” Lips had fallen into a halfsmile—I knew, everyone was different; and there was no reason to force outcasts into a territory which would be unappealing.

Unregistered

Iconic

Her blue pools rested on Hana for a brief second. She then turned back to Midas as her smile deepened. Her harks stretched forward as he spoke to her again, her pools set looking into his.
“It good that your time spent here has been fruitful,”
She nodded, and kept quiet, hoping he would carry on the conversation. Her dainty dome expressed a loving look. Her pools where soft and somewhat joyful.
Her dainty hooves shuffled as he asked to hear about herself. Her large muscles rippled under her thick, sleek midnight coat. She chuckled and started to speak, her kissers parted;
" Hmm. Well, I would like to start by making friends with powerful beings, much like yourself. Making allies is very important to me. I plan to possibly start my own herd. But, before I do that, I might like to visit some herds, like your own to see how things work here in Helovia. I would love to be a leader some day. "
She dipped her dome in respect to Midas, in a gesture saying that she was finished speaking. Her smile returned, her face lighting up.
She noticed Midas's shock in her actions toward the other mare. Iconic despised when others' acted goody goody. She sighed, and spoke to Midas and Hana this time, her orbs set to the space between them;
" Excuse my sudden outburst. "
She then took her focus away from the past situation, and she focused on Midas. Her smile started to fade as Midas spoke

“If working as a family, as one unit doesn’t appeal to you…I’m afraid my homeland will not stratify your needs.”

Her smile returned and she took a step toward Midas, she flicked her lengthy tail, glancing at Hana. Her pools shifted back to Midas, setting upon his steel collar. Her smile deepened. She stretched her muzzle toward his ear, gesturing that she didn't want Hana to hear.
" Dear, dear Midas. I only was frustrated with the way that this mare presents herself. With her boring presence and her small vocabulary. The way she flaunted her herdland in front of my muzzle made me wish to tear her harks off. I have no frustration against you, for I am amused with your actions and your speech. You intrigue me. "
Her voice was nothing but a small whisper. It was only meant for Midas, not for Hana's harks. She stepped away, smiling at Midas. Her beauty coming off her in waves.

@[Midas]
{Sorry, I had to go out of order. I typed this and had no way to save it. My mind is all jumpled due to my Grandfather's recent stroke two days ago. My deepest apologies are expressed to you two. }

"Talk. Talk. Talk. Talk. Talk. Talk. Talk. Talk. Talk. Talk."

sedma.deviantart.com
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
 Midas</style>

My previous thought was that this prickly little lady wouldn’t be so quick to muster a friendship, if first impression meant anything. When she said, “I would like to start by making friends with powerful beings, much like yourself,” I nodded with simple, humble understanding—it was natural to want alliances with those that held more position or ranking. Though how could she tell that I wasn’t anything more than a foot soldier? Rummage for battle?

It was hard to break subconscious pose, even when I mingled with family. There was always an air of control, perhaps, that intangible aura was what lead people to believe that I held a marshal namesake. Which…was true I suppose. She mentioned something about starting her own herd and I smiled politely; a young entrepreneur was always promising. Though, it was firmly believed that before someone should lead, they must have first learned to follow.

“Excuse my sudden outburst,” a dual apology, one that should be received, thanked and then dropped. Moving on, the raven like lady stepped forward. I stood still, watching her approach with a calm that came almost naturally. Underneath was a calculating warrior, gauging her worth unintentionally. “Dear, dear Midas.” My nearest ear flicked toward her, and crown shifted at a bend to regard her words fully without interruption from Hana. “I was only frustrated.” A previous withheld sigh finally came out as a soft gust, I shifted my feathers into a more comfortable position as she stepped away with a gracious smirk.

Women. So strange.

Though it was true that Hana’s approach had been rather…forward. I could see how someone might find her words offending if suddenly pressed to make a quick decision. Still, cordiality should come to rule out everything. “You are...welcome to visit my homeland if it pleases you Ma ’lady. It lies southeast of here, toward warmer parts of the ocean.” It would be rude to not at least give an invitation; she was after all. A Pegasus, and who knew, maybe the girl was just having a bad day. .

Unregistered

Iconic

I smiled at the large horse standing before me. My harks lacked none but on inch from the tips of his. He may be large, but so was I. I shuffled my wings, moving them into a more comfortable position. I couldn't wait for this conversation to end, maybe we could fly together. Personally, I absolutely love night flying. It's a thrill, it's like, you don't know if your going to be okay, or if your going to collide with another Pegasus. Ha!

I now stepped back, re-opening the space between us that was closed a moment ago. My velvet harks stretched forward as he spoke again;

“You are...welcome to visit my homeland if it pleases you Ma ’lady. It lies southeast of here, toward warmer parts of the ocean.”

Really, I don't mind where it lies, I could care less. I couldn't wait to dive in and start learning. My thirst for power is strong, but for the moments being, I will just simply push it away. But, soon, I am going to have to nourish that power by starting my own herd, and ruling with an iron hoof. I shook my cranium slightly, pushing the thoughts away. I dipped my dome, parted my kissers, and started to respond.

" That sounds splendid. When shall we visit there? Who leads the herd of your homeland?"

My thoughts raced. This was a large stride I was taking into a new beginning for me, I just had to make sure to start out on the right hoof. I shall make friends with Midas, and make friends with his herd. I will then move on to find more like this. My blue pools flew across his frame, and rested upon his steel collar. It seems so odd. I have never seen one like this. The steel he beared could not be seen worn by any other being. His coloring was quite odd too.

I now thought of Hana. She had come so fast, and then not responded to my reply to her un-clever words. Typical equines. So dumb, so disrespectful. A small scoff escaped my kissers. It echoed off the tall trees that stretched up from the ground just strides away.

I can't change.
Even if I tried.
Even if I wanted to.

sedma.deviantart.com

@[Midas]
Just testing out first person (:
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
 Midas</style>

She seemed eager to say the least. Calmer, more respectful, as if nothing heated had transpired seconds ago. Hana, the wounded party of our conversation-- remained stony silent, unwilling to speak and likely looking for an exit out of this conversation. Silence was golden. I smiled, growing to favor Iconic a little more, now that both of our feathers had soothed out by this exchange. “That sounds splendid.” She said with pleasant manner. I thought that perhaps our warrior ranks could put her fiery spirit to good use, “When shall we visit there?” and “Who leads the herd of your homeland?” The fact that Iconic was willing to learn sparked my gentler side and the previous reserve I had been feeling, chipped away a little more. “Aye,” I said agreeably, “we can go now; it’s high time I returned anyways.” Cera was waiting, and Fina.

My rims flick up out personal humor when I think of another hot headed female that she would be following. Kri. “Our clan is led by two Sultana’s, Kri and Sumati.” Could this lass take direction from those of her gender? I waited, watching her face for any discontent. It was one thing to lead a herd, it was a whole other to follow under the stern hoof of our Sultana. Ktulu for example, hadn’t done well in Dragons Throat; and though I never asked about why she left, the fault was likely that of Kri. Not all could follow a woman with the same loyalty as a man, some simply harbored a resentment—though such emotion was foreign to me so I couldn’t even begin to explain their reasons. “Shall we?” I finally inquired after giving her a moment to think.