the Rift

Voyager [O]

Discordia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I WOULD LOVE TO DIE MORE OFTEN

The night was damp, dew hanging like beads in the grass, glistening under silvery light of the moon. A crispness was upon the air, but it had warmed considerably through the last few days - spring was coming at last. Yet with the eternal night, not much difference was really made. They were still left in darkness, and when the golden child sauntered across the borders of her old homeland, her magenta gaze was moved out in front of her, caressing the familiarities that came into view. She was nearly an adult by now, her body and limbs growing into more natural proportions, and there was a maturity about her that was rare for her age. Princess Frost pulled the corner of her velvet kissers into a half-smirk. She had returned, had been born anew, nearly unrecognizable with her blossoming figure and sultry, long-lashed eyes.

Golden skin and silvery plume shimmered under the dim light, dewdrops clinging to the tip of her tail, soaking her creme-colored hooves as she strode through the vegetation, like a thousand pearls strewn across isabelline wings. Folded neatly at her sides, the fiery-tipped wings rested after a long flight - they had carried her far and wide, and she had experienced more than her earthbound peers could ever dream of. Thoughts drifted to her brother, the ginger-haired Ares, and it stung in her heart with longing. She would have to seek him out, and soon, for they had been parted way too long. And really, he was the only relative in her planned little reunion, her bitch mother and dimwit half-brother could go to hell for all she cared - they had never meant anything to her, she knew now. Then there was the matter of her sire, whom she had never met, but always kept as a private guardian angel for when living with her dam had gotten too much. Daenerys had never cared to tell her his name, but she did not let that discourage her - the golden child was certain that if she met him, she would know.

Halting by a small stream next to a large tree, Princess Frost dipped her lips in the cool liquid and drank silently. Shuffling her wings restlessly, she once again raised her tiara and glanced about, making out figures in the distance around her. Her plan had not gone much beyond this point, but a bit of rest might not be a bad idea before figuring out where to go next. Slender, inverted lobes perked forward, should anyone approach, but she made no sound - this girl had no need to announce her presence. This was the fresh start she had longed for, and she was about to make it count.

Eris is gone. Discordia has arrived.
credits

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Nighttime is becoming less frightening. I can't find any monsters, and when Amara and I go adventuring, there aren't always crazy ghosts to kick the butt of. Mom is off on business, but there's a feeling she's on her way home. Home is a place I don't seem to be at much, so I find myself going out like I am right now. Today, I've gone to a place that can be pretty fun when you look in the right place.
My horn is sort of like a flashlight mounted straight on my forehead. It glows a pretty pale blue that reminds me of Mom's eyes, therefore no matter where I happen to wander off, she's still in my head. My purpose for that glow has actually come very handy when it comes to getting places. When those glowing trees aren't around, my horn is there to give me light, making it where it seems pretty much impossible to ever be afraid of the dark. After some time, I thought of other people without glowing horns like my own, just bumping into things and other people in the dark. The thought at first brought great laughter to me, and at one point I believe I peed myself laughing at the idea of people bumping into trees and a random animal. When I told Mom, she laughed for a bit, I think only out of good nature, before I remembered she had no glowing horn, yet alone no horn.
How was she able to get around in the dark without bumping into things?
Well, that's sort of when I got this brilliant idea that makes my horn pretty hand now. I could make trips into the Threshold, find people who were just coming in, and offer them a home in the Frozen Arch, a spot in the Assassins, and a guide home. Even if they didn't want to go home with me, I'd guide them to a place that they wanted to go just for my good nature. It was fun to make friends, and when my world seems to only be filled with Mom, Daddy, Uncle Tonka, Amara, and Bob (the mouse), new friends aren't too bad.
Tonight, the air was getting warmer (Yay! No more cold air and snow!), and it seemed nice to go for a swim in this lovely creek I found in the Threshold. My trip with Mom when I first came here was alright, except for the guy who was rude. A while back ago, I came here on my own. All I ever got was hurtful comments, and if that happens today, well, sorry, no more Miss Nice Sikeax.
I splashed, the water warm enough to roll and bathe in. The task of taking a bath was neglected before, so it's nice to take one now. My head went under for a second, just to wash my face, and my horn made the glow. I bet I looked like a weird glowing fish.
Downstream, there was the sound of someone getting drink, and I couldn't resist. There is a bit of meanness in me, I guess I got it from Mom, but I kept my horn underwater while my face was held out, and scooted my body down the creekbed. My tummy complained when a rock was poking at it, but I kept going. Before me, was a beautiful Pegasus girl, drinking away. Immediately, I felt like a shark, and hummed a weird tune. Just a tune, but I guess if you were someone weird, you'd know it as the Jaws theme. What is Jaws anyway?
When they raised their head up, it was my chance. My chance for a joke .
"BOO!!!"
I leaped upwards, splashing water all over the place. If I had wings like Amara and this pretty girl, then maybe I could of flew, but nope. Gravity isn't your best friend when you've got a glowing horn.
My process of that amazing leap, I ended landing in mud. Face first. So much for a bath......
Hopefully I didn't splash them with mud, but if I did, I hope they're up for taking a bath with me.

OOC: And today at Spa Helovia, the lovely Sikeax mud bath.

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Soren Posts: 47
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 h :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
flame stock: Mr.Thomas @ flickr.com
Soren

If he aspires to diplomacy, the truest way of proving it is speaking to the masses. Soren moves between the soaring tree trunks on steady feet, though darkness chokes his usual stride to a crawl. Every now and then his blue eyes lift toward the branches spreading overhead, though his efforts to interpret that shadowed web are all in vain. Only the noises of small creatures move up there; he puts concern to rest with a shake of his head. His mother never showed fear; what he knows of Paladin tells him, his father was brave as well. Any fear is Soren’s own failing, and must be snuffed.

He turns his attention away from the distraction of concern and allows his ears to fill with the noise of footsteps, breathing, distant voices. The scent of horse saturates the wood, but it is all strange. How many passed this way before? Hundreds – thousands? What were they looking for? What did they find?

The noise of a babbling stream guides his hooves; Soren marches slowly alongside the sound. His mind spins within the confines of his skull, wondering. Will he find someone? Will they be worthy? And how will he know? The noise of a commotion upstream renders such hypothesizing useless; he flinches, ears suddenly drawn up and lanky frame drawn tense. A child; her voice echoes, playful, through the trees.

He approaches the pair with ears up, eyes free of concern. The sight of the young one lying face-down in the mud inspires a crooked sort of amusement to cross Soren’s face, though he struggles not to laugh. “Having fun?” It is a question addressed to both, and his eyes lift to track the pale mare, who is by far the most easily seen here in the dark.

you're fireproof
nothing breaks your heart

Hana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Hana
I don't preach or scream ain't trying to teach the scene,
The only guidelines are those you need to read between.
Threshold duty, fantastic. The lightly shaded mare made her way quickly and quietly through the threshold. The moon was providing enough light across the land for her eyes to be able to see the land that she walked along. The plants lighting her path also made her journey much easier. Carefully she navigated her way through the threshold she was searching for lost souls, people looking to find a home...more than that, a family. For today she was representing just that, a family who desperately needed more members to help fend off any threats that lurked.

Ahead she heard voices and so the dapples mare continues on the path and soon comes across three others. She stopped slightly behind them, there was a young foal that seemed to be playing in the mud, she was spreading it everywhere. Another was one she knew to be apart of her herd from the scent that lingered on their coat. The final one must have been a new arrival to Helovia. "Oh dear." Her voice is light and friendly but her ruby eyes are studying the filly in front of her. She was quite young...if not far too young to be playing out here all by herself. Especially considering the current status of Helovia being without gods. If Hana had a child she wouldn't let it out of her sight.

Moving a little closer and offering a smile to everyone, the mare speaks softy to everyone again. "My name is Hana, I come representing the family that resides in the foothills." Ruby eyes flicker over the foal again before settling on the new comer that stood before her. "We are a family...we also have a stream." A kind chuckle tumbles from her lips, she had met quite a few friends by the stream that she now spoke of. Curious as to who this new comer was, the pale mare now fell silent waiting for her response.

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

When foals gather in one spot it tends to create more noise than is perhaps desired. In the darkly lite forest sound doesn’t travel as well as it did at home—but I could still clearly make out the excited squeals and giggles of children doing what children do best. Playing, a feat that nearly seemed impossible in this murky place. Following their gleeful sound was easy enough, I walked through the woods quietly as I might and came upon a small group of foals and a mare that was remembered as a passing acquaintance. Foothills, Ktulu’s dwelling and that of our only daughter. With a fatherly smile tugging at both corners, my frame emerges from the dead and dying undergrowth just as said lady finishes talking. “Well met children, and you as well… Lady Hana.”

I remember the simply colored equine from a previous encounter with a rather irritable mare, it would be a wonder if this lady remembered me very fondly. Her attention had been well versed in the ways of enticing long lost souls to the Foothills; though the woman she tried to entice wasn’t exactly pleasant company. Head slips down a notch, a common sign of respect for all present and an appropriate measure to show goodwill. My gaze slips to the small one that had fallen forward in the mud. “Are you alright?” There is tons more humor than concern lacing my features, it is often that children fall and more often that parents worry for nothing. Cera used to be that small, and I would often worry about his stumbles. “I’m Midas,” I offered to the group.

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Unregistered

I WOULD LOVE TO DIE MORE OFTEN

She did not have to wait for very long. Just as the golden child had expected, her mere presence was sufficient to lure in others, though initially it was not exactly the crowd she had hoped for. With shimmering droplets clinging to her velvet lips, Discordia stood near the banks of the stream, watching as the waters turned murky and splashing reached her slender lobes with the delicately inverted tips. Directing her gaze up the lazy current, she saw a young filly, swimming quite close, then jumping out of the waters to attempt a scare. In one fluent movement, Discordia unfolded her impressive wings into full span, leaping upwards and propelling herself into air by a powerful beat of her wings, removing herself swiftly from oncoming soil that might taint her golden complexion. Holding still in the air for a moment, Discordia composed herself, trying to conceal her expression of angered annoyance. She wanted to yell and scream at the other for being so stupid, for nearly hitting her with that smelly river mud.

Drawing a deep breath, Princess Frost concluded that there was too many others around - right now, she needed most of all to make the right impression. So she touched down again, gracefully trying not to step in the mud that had been sprayed around. Her smile was thoroughly forced and horribly toothy, but the dimwit kid probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference. "You should watch yourself. Not all strangers appreciate having mud thrown at them, you could get in trouble," Discordia chimed, sugary sweet and threateningly icy, but worded as nothing but a compassionate precaution. This was a duality Discordia mastered to a t. Having fun? A new voice echoed towards her, finely chiseled tiara turned in the direction. Into view came a dark dappled colt, about her own age, and a unicorn like her dearest twin brother. Sorrow welled up inside her, looking into those blue eyes that reminded her of Ares, but she quenched any emotion before it could reveal itself on her face. Instead, the corners of her lips pulled upwards in a pleasant smile, silky tresses moving lightly as she turned her front towards him, now ignoring the young filly completely. "Are you?" She inquired, a slight playfulness in her soft voice.

Before conversation could evolve any further, yet another one presented herself to them, this time a grown mare. Bright magenta gaze moved over the equine female with little apparent interest, and there was a slight strain on her smile when she turned it to the mare, even if it was near undetectable. Discordia did not enjoy the competition of others of her own gender, she much preferred to have the attention centered around herself - and grown mares had a tendency to baby her, because of her young age. And if there was one thing she wouldn't put up with, it was to be treated like a child, when she was clearly their intellectual equal in any aspect. At least that was what the golden child thought. The mare introduced herself as Hana of the Foothills, but her sales pitch did not exactly spark any interest within the winged contessa. A family? Isn't that exactly what she had been trying to evade pretty much ever since she was born? As if her blood-relatives weren't enough to handle already, she didn't need a whole bunch of strangers with all sorts of expectations. As she parted her kissers to reply, she never got to put forward the words before another emerged from the darkness.

The immediate excitement to see someone winged like herself never failed, and it struck her immediately as the golden-tinged stallion stepped into view. She studied him curiously, trying to find similarities to her own reflection that she had seen in the lake, hoping to see something that might remind her of her brother - anything that could indicate a genetic connection between them. But she was disappointed; aside from the wings, she hardly shared any features with the bi-colored steed. It was difficult not to disclose the emotional roller-coaster that she was going through, but she managed after all. Glancing around at the gathered flock, she was amused by how peculiar they must look to outsiders - a muddy filly, a handsome colt, an equine mare and a mighty, winged steed - and Princess Frost of course, in their midsts, raising her tiara high and keeping a mild expression on her face. "I am overwhelmed by such a welcome... To what do I owe this honor?" she chimed, a question addressed to no one in particular. Shuffling her wings lightly, her eyes drifted between the young colt and the winged brute, showing little engagement in the female part of the company, as she had of habit. "My name is Discordia. Like many others, I came here in search of a place to stay. Do any of you have such to offer?"

Tag: @[Sikeax]
credits

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Mom had always told me that the actions of others are never going to hurt you badly, but when it came to being hurt by others, it was either mental or emotional, never physically. Whenever I jumped out of the stream, the pegasus mare took off as fast as she could, sending a heavy burst of air towards me. I had already gone about trying to return to my hooves when the gust hit me, and my frail body wasn't prepared for such an impact. I fell down, slamming my body into the mud. Underneath all the mud was a rock, I'm sure none of us could see it, but I felt it. It hit me in the ribs, knocking the wind out of my lungs.
Boy oh boy, did it hurt.
I didn't cry from the pain, only cringed. She spoke a harsh burden of words, and already I lost every distaste for her. If she wasn't just wandering about looking for a place to stay, I would of screamed at her and shown her how much it hurt whenever I hit that rock. A few tears slid out of my blue eyes, twinkling in the soft glow from my horn. The colt came along about that point, and asked me if I was having any fun. Well, I was sort of having fun, if you don't consider the fact that I just got hurt. I drowned any lingering signs of that pain before standing back up on my hooves, shaking the mud off my pelt with it directed towards the stream, just to make sure I didn't get anyone else muddy. I can't mess up now, but if the mare decides to be nice, then maybe I'll offer her a home in the Assassins.
In the middle of my process of mud removal, I heard the words 'Oh dear'. A frown instantly went through my face, knowing there was always going to be more insults to me as of being here on my own. I came on my own, my mother knew I came here, and gave me permission as long as I could find someone to go with. If this didn't turn out so well, then I'd go to the Deep Forest and search for herbs. The idea alone seems so much more welcoming than being surrounded by all the jerks here. No one ever seems to have a sunny deposition here.
Hana's words annoy me, reminded of the Foothills once more. They never went away, did they? They just came back around, and maybe my displeasure for them ever higher. A frown slips across my face at her presence, and inside my head, I thought of her just leaving without any reason as of why. A giggle escaped me without meaning too. Woops, but I don't care. Not now, not anymore. Not for a single soul here anymore.
A winged man comes and speaks, addressing us as children. His voice soothes me, and for him, I think he's the only one I'm ever going to ever accept. "Hi Midas and Hana. I'm Sikeax, but you can call me Sia if you want. And yes, I'm alright." The words I speak try to hold a bit of happiness, to show that I was never troubled. By the time I would return home, the spot where the rock hit my ribs would probably turn into a bruise, and then Mom would be worried. My trips here need to stop. They do, for everyone here never has a good thing to ever say. After this, I hope to lose all intentions to ever return.
The thin smile on my face tells them I've got some childhood happiness there. The winged mare calls herself Discordia, and asks us for offers of home. I stare her down, debating if my offer for her to join the Assassins would go as far as I wanted it to go. Who cares, I'm going in.
I walked slowly, trying to ignore the throbbing pain in my ribs. Maybe when I go herb searching later, I can find a plant that can be used as a painkiller. Finding something like that would go pretty far, and knowing it was there would help my self esteem a bit more. "Well, the Assassins always have room for new members. You'd for sure be more welcome there than with the Foothills. You won't have to sell your soul for petty objects when you can fight for the justice of others." I offer a bigger smile, trying to be welcoming. She may take my offer, or take the offer presented by others. My insult to the Foothills is true, everyone there knew it was true.
So hey guys, I'm no idiot.

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Unregistered
@[Soren]?
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

I realized just how crowded our little spot beside the stream had become as everyone settled. It was understandable that someone might feel a bit overwhelmed, especially when folks were clamoring for fresh meat. In fact, our company was likely just a tad nervous, but she had enough sense to not show it. Such was encouraging, it was always nice to find those who had a good amount of polite raising to shine through the web of even tight situations. I smiled, pleased by the amount of grace and reserve she possessed. Attention was granted to my fellow sister in fight full attention when she announced her title and asked a question. Since my position in this cluster was relatively low (I had been one of the last to arrive), I waited politely for the others to speak first.

Only the filly spoke up, her words coming out as a surprise. “The Assassins?” I thought with a mixture of humor and raunchy distaste. They sent out this tiny foal to do their recruiting? Utterly idiotic. Cera would have gotten an earful had he been out in the woods at her tender age; where was this girls parents? I wondered while trying not to frown so deeply that I ruined the mood. Still my eyes ran down her grimy pelt for any sign of recognition.

It was then that I remember said child was Sikeax—the one who had befriended a mouse. My brows furrowed with concern, what were they teaching the children? Sure, it was true that Ktulu’s herd was a band of mercenaries; but our world wasn’t a free place, everything cost something. Some just preferred to pay for a sword. Finally, everyone fell silent. I spoke up then, glancing at the others before doing so. “Lady Discordia, the honor of our meeting is mine,” forcing out a smile, I added a response to her inquiry, “I can offer the protection of Dragon’s Throat if it please you?”

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]