the Rift

Kittens Have Claws Too [Training Spar - Andreas]

Antheia Posts: 129
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 4
Clo.

A n t h e i a
from caring comes courage..

It was official, I needed to learn how to fight. If I didn't know how to fend my family, then what was the point in having one? As Apollo said, "You would want to shed some blood to keep your family safe, wouldn't you?". Yes, I did want to learn how to fight. I needed to keep the World's Edge safe from harm. That was the least I could do for them.
My clefts carried me into a meadow, surrounded my tall pine trees on all four sides. This was the perfect battleground. I glanced around, catching pictures of what I might need to be aware of. I could see a few holes and then the fact that the trees had many sharp branches to watch for. Then there was the melting snow on the ground that would make it much harder for me to keep my balance.
Sighing, I threw my muzzle to the air. "Can someone teach me to battle please!" I called out in the middle of the terrain. I had my spirits high for someone to come and teach me how to spar, for I was hopeless at sparring.
Yes, I did dislike fighting, a lot, but if it was to protect my family, I would do anything. I didn't care if I killed the beast for messing around with my home, I would not let them hurt my loved ones. I wasn't the one you would suggest to really fight with because I was so short and stubby, but don't underestimate me. I wasn't as hopeless as I seemed.
Waiting for someone to come and teach, I paced in a circle. Was this going to come out as I planed? Would I come out alive? Well, of course I would. For Gods sake, it was only going to be a teaching spar! I hope. What if someone comes out and tries to kill me instead of teach me? What if they rip me to pieces! I don't see why I'm so worried, I had yet to meet anyone like that, and hoped that I wouldn't meet anyone like that.
I knew that most folks around here were helpful and very nice. I also no one would try and kill a innocent little mare. But what if I was wrong? Oh so many 'what if''s to answer! And they just kept rolling out of my mouth.
I shook my dome, hoping to get rid of the nasty thoughts. My orbs took to the sky, praying and pleading. Oh don't let me get hurt mother, please, I'm begging you. But what if she wanted me to get hurt? To knock me into place where I would only hurt if it was needed? Where I didn't reject fighting so much?
I stopped pacing, knowing I would need to save some of my energy up for the training. My muzzle lowered and I decided to graze while I waited. I would need some protein anyway.

Friendly teaching spar with Andreas.
800 words max | No magic or companions | 3 attack posts each + closing defense | Andreas can attack first.
Setting: Clearing with tall pine trees on all four sides. The moon shines light down on the Earth where you are able to see very clearly. Slight fog slithers around and there is still mud and snow around on the ground in some place but green grass grows showing that Birdsong is in the air.
@[Andreas]

Andreas Posts: 11
Dragon's Throat Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 8
Klare
A N D R E A S

Traveling as a lone mare was risky, there was always predators about, others out that were wondering about with the soul intention to hurt those they stumbled upon. Andreas leant pretty quickly how to defend and protect herself. Now she was by no means an established fighter, but she knew a thing or two about kicking some serious booty. Not being the kind of mare that kept information to herself, Andreas answered the call of the young voice. Setting a slow pace, she entered the clearing, and spotted the filly grazing. She sniffed at the scent that came from the coat of the young girl, she didn't recognise it. With a smile on offer, Andreas stopped just before the young female, warm honey coloured eyes watched her for a moment before she spoke. "My name in Andreas." Knowing that her opponent was much younger than her unsettled her slightly, she would have to be gentler than usual. "I will teach you everything I can." Backing up a few steps from the young one, the black mare called out. "Prepare yourself, this is going to hurt."

After giving the filly a moment, Andreas launched into her attack. With as much strength as she could muster, the black mare sprang forward, her front hooves lifted clear off the ground as she transitioned into a run. Her mane and tail flared out behind her and Andreas began to close the distance between the filly and herself in record time. No longer was she a kind and thoughtful mare. Now she was a teacher, ready to drive the message home at what ever cost. What was the message? That sparring wasn't a child's game.

Andreas had one deadly weapon attached to her skull, and it was with this weapon that the black mare would be able to inflict serious pain to the other. Tucking her head into her chest, Andreas put her horn straight out, it's deadly point aimed directly at the filly's tender and scarless flesh. Because there was still a bit of distance between them, it was hard to know where her horn would hit exactly. So instead Andreas continued to close the distance between them.

When she was less than a metre away from the filly, she planned her move. Quick thinking, precision and being about to guess your opponents move was how you won fights. She was taller than the young female, considering that this one had never fought before, she assumed she was stronger as well. Aiming her horn toward the bottom of the other's neck, Andreas hoped to scratch her horn along the length of the young girls back. To do this, at the very last second, when she had passed the filly's left shoulder, Andreas would slam her rear brakes on and with that momentum she would be able to swerve her body so that she ended up facing the filly's left hand side. The older mare stayed focused, with the plan fully formed in her mind, the black raven dipped her head down further. Andreas hoped that the filly would be shocked by her abrupt attack and be frozen in fright, there forth allowing her to scrape her horn along the length of the filly's back.

The time came, her head passed the filly's left shoulder and her brakes slammed on, her body began to swing to the left and her horn was aimed low, ready to scrape along the filly's back.

576 words.
[1/3 attack posts | 0/1 closing defence]

Everyday's another chance to ignite
Cause I'm addicted
To this universal feelin called life

OOC: Sorry about the wait, I got a bit busy, but I'm ready to roll now! Anyways, best of luck my dear, I'll do my best to pass on as much knowledge as I can to you.

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
21 days have passed. Antheia defaults to Andreas.
Andreas received .5 VP's