the Rift

Fire & Ash [Challenge -- Zar'roc]

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream

There's some kind of storm brewing in his eyes

Where are you?

It was a question that had been repeating in his mind for some time now. He’d gone west first, travelling at speed through the air to the Endless Blue. Scouring the night for a shadow that had been taken from him. From them. At first he had been stricken with panic, but now all he had was a heart full of determination and anger for the one who took her away from the confines of her home where she should have been safe. Hector had been travelling for some time, the direction of his enemy unknown, but one way or another he would find the beast and bring justice upon his/her head. He had sent Veci out ahead of him, the boggart was much better at searching in the dark and two pairs of eyes was always better than one. Though Hector often wondered if Veci had any eyes, invisible as he was.

Snorting in exasperation, he turned his direction back towards the Throat, angling North and set a course for Helovia’s Heart. He felt the presence of his bonded briefly as he drifted past and floated off in front, the steadily increasing breeze blowing through his mane picking up familiar scents of the Throat and he gazed towards it with a warm expression tinged with the telling lines of stress. He could not return there until he had found Shadow and retrieved her from whoever had taken her prisoner. It was time for the captor to turn into the captive, time to put all of his training to good use and finally earn his title of General. It was one thing gaining promotion, it was something entirely different earning it day by day.

Away from the Throat hours passed to the steady beat of his wings, senses alert to all around him whilst his mind stayed close to Veci. The land turned from desert to the beginnings of foliage marred by the gaping hole that was the Heart’s centerpiece, a little further away grew tall grasses that could hide the average horse, though Hector himself would probably stick out a little. Something else was here too. Lobes of vibrant orange laced back onto his head and quickly he followed Veci to the ground, bracing himself before placing his hooves upon the bare surface near the fire hole. Nostrils flared as a familiar scent lingered around the area and her frowned, turning towards the Heart as a hole, leonine tail whipping out to the side as he noted the male scent of her captor.

"Apologies, am I late for the party?" Dark sarcasm laced his booming voice as a dangerous smile formed upon his lips, ears still back as tail lashed from side to side. "Fun’s over coward, you’re coming with me." He snarled.

(This is a stealth through challenge aimed for Zar’roc.
w/c :: 473
Weather :: Clear night with an increasing easterly breeze.
Standard challenge rules apply, magic/companions subject to SW plot.)

art by lunarblues
@[Zar'roc]

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Zar'roc Posts: 22
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Archeon :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire paddeh
Zar'roc
Why did I do this again? Right now, I was coming to really regret it. What a pain in my ass, she was turning out to be. Anger bubbles through me, teeth gritting and eyes narrowing. Archeon comes loping back to me from his "adventure," a bark chirping from him as he warns me of a stallions approach, letting me know through our frail mental bond. My nares flare, blood orbs staring at the distant figure. My ivory tail twitches back and forth, as I turn my cold eyes to the mare. A realization dawns on me.

Oh of course. Just my luck. With all her stupid bickering, and with the foal deciding to see "what I was planning on doing with this mare," her boyfriend had caught up. Archeon's muscles bunch and his hackles raise next to me, weaving between my legs in agitation. I lower my horned head down to him, maw brushing his colored fur before I pull myself back up. I stand in the tall grasses, hidden and wait for Shadow's boy toy to show up. Archeon snickers lightly at my thoughts and I glare down at him, and he silences instantly. A silent stretch passes before he starts to pace back and forth in front of my, nails digging into the hard earth with each step, silver eyes darting everywhere. He is starting to annoy me as well.

I can now hear the subtle wing beats of the stallion's arrival, also now being able to take in his scent. He is close. I pull myself to my full height, realizing it is not nearly close to how tall the chestnut stallion was, which would only give him an advantage. I have power behind my bulkier figure, though, and I must use every ounce of it. Squaring my shoulders, I walk with my head high and Archeon on my heels out of the tall grass. The glass surrounding my horn has long since hardened with the disappearance of the Gods, and I find myself wishing I still had my magic- I might have been able to use it against him if I still possessed it. Archeon had also lost his own magic too, which I could tell hit him right in his over inflated self esteem. 'Apologies, am I late for the party?' His dark words reach my ears easily over the subtle crackle of the flames from the pit. A smile fills my lips, cold eyes staring at him as I come closer. "A little late, yes. You really shouldn't always be so tardy." I murmur softly, dangerous tones lacing my voice. My white pelt sparkles lightly in the moonlight, chilling coastal breeze tugging at my hair. 'Fun’s over coward, you’re coming with me.' "Oh but sir, that is where you are wrong." I say and offer a smile.

Not once had I stopped walking, and now I aim for my first attack. Trying to come at him at a slight angle- my intent to be at his left side- I lunge forward, cloven toes digging into the hard ground as my muscles coil underneath my black and white pelt, opening my mouth. I reach for where I think his left wing connects to his withers with my teeth, not pausing to see if I had actually connected with him or not. I snap my head back, pulling it in to protect my throat latch and lean to the right, my intent that it is away from him. At the same time, I lash my leonine tail towards him, hoping that the thick hair will hit his face and even more hopefully his eyes. I lower my head and attempt to slip under the large wings of the chestnut stallion. One advantage of my smaller figure, I think. I pull myself back up to my full height, and as our hips pass I buck out at the last second, only wishing to nick his haunches or hind leg (he would have to be a fool to have still be standing there, it really couldn't be that hard to simply twist away from my sharp cloven hooves,) though I find myself slightly off balance in the abruptness of raising myself back up - larger limbs are not as nimble as I wished. Not knowing if my attacks had done any damage, I quickly lock my legs and stop, turning back around to face the large form, or at least to face where he had been, muscles ready to jump into action and awaiting the attack of the larger stallion as my red orbs watch his body, alert and ready.

OOC: First battle/spar post ever! I feel like I did everything wrong q u q
WC; 799
[1/4] attack posts + [0/1] closing defense
Attack Summary; attempts to bite his left wing joint/where the wing attaches to his withers, tries to slap him in the face with his leonine tail and bucks out as he (at least thinks) passes him
IMAGE CREDITS
[Image: aagbkp.png]
lines by tamme <3

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream

There's some kind of storm brewing in his eyes

The thick bodied brute was quick to battle, advancing forwards even as he was talking, stealing a sharp reply from the lips of Hector who suddenly zoned in his concentration on the dappled beast. This was more than just a simple fight, this was for his honour and for his pride. This was for Shadow. Veci had positioned himself somewhere above them, his watchful unseen gaze a great help to the orange General who forced himself to swallow his anger and clear his mind. A rash decision here could be the death of him, this wasn’t just some spar against Gaucho or Kri. He was already promoted to a high military position, but this was the first time Hector had gone one on one against an enemy. The bells of reckoning were ringing, it was time for the tribrid to prove himself worthy of his title. However, he could put as many meanings as he wanted onto this fight, but it didn’t change the fact that Zar’roc was now lunging towards him. Ears of fiery quality slapped back and fore hooves flashed into the air, raising his wings and using his superior height to dodge the damaging bite, feeling his opponent's teeth brush briefly against his left leg to form a minimal scratch. It was enough for a sharp wake up call as he felt a whoosh of wind blow past his nose as the leonine slap barely missed it’s target.

As the grey draft went to duck under his wings, Hector found gravity returning him to the ground, hooves barely touching the floor before he spurted forwards. Intent on using his longer stride to escape from the unicorn from the unicorn as swift as he could, favouring the right and hurtling towards the longer grasses, dodging the last ditch buck of Zar’roc. His enemy’s hooves taking out a few orange hairs from his leonine tail. Equine feet ate up the ground, two more strides and he swiftly slammed down his wings, taking flight over the heart to gaze down upon his opponent. Lips quivered and anger began to form on his expression, eyes normally so warm were like two chips of ice as his mind reeled at the audacity of the filthy wretch. Rarely did the hybrid get angry, but it was clear in the set of his face that he was indeed truly pissed off that the beast before him was arrogant enough to take what was not his, and stupid enough to think he’d get away with it. Or perhaps he was really after a fight, to which Hector eagerly obliged. His gaze snapped to the hound with one brief curious look before he focused back to the horned stud. Veci, watch the mutt Was all he uttered, his bonded simply humming in reply.

The breeze was slowly increasing and Hector allowed it to push him left, hoping to use it to gain momentum, before he dived downwards to where he hoped Zar’roc was and lashed out his back legs, aiming for the grey’s back. As quick as his overgrown body would allow him, which wasn’t so simple as his bulk was a hindrance in the air, Hector flew upwards once again before returning for another attack. This time banking to his right, fighting against the opposing wind, before finally attempting a kick from his back legs towards where he thought was Zar’roc’s right shoulder. His attacks were laced with anger, but his face was now a mask of concentration. In all his previous battles it had been aerial fights, however this was different and Hector wondered if this was what an eagle felt like when he was chasing a rabbit.

[ooc: You did really well paddeh! :D Have more confidence because you’re an awesome writer ^^
wc: 615 | 1 /4 rounds | 0/2 companion/magic
Hector dodges the bite and the tail by rearing, grazing his front left leg by doing so, he then continues to gallop away to his right, away from Zar’s buck and takes flight. Attacking with two aerial kicks, the first aimed for Zar’roc’s back and the second aimed for his right shoulder]

art by lunarblues
@[Zar'roc]

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Zar'roc Posts: 22
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Archeon :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire paddeh
Zar'roc
At first, I thought he was running. Fleeing like a little girl, you could say. But the smug thought quickly exits my mind as I watch his form arch up into the air, soaring over the firey pit. I examine his hard expression, eyes as cold as my own, expressions taught and stiff. Good, he is angry. Hopefully, that would cause some miss steps or miss hits from the large brute in his haste. It doesn't seem my attacks did much damage, barely a scratch here and there. Adrenaline pumps through my veins, orbs watching him alertly. My nares quiver, inhaling the scent of smoke as I adjust my body to follow his fast moving form. Archeon slinks from the edge of the grasses, wind tossing his long hair to his right side as he approaches me.

Cloven toes twist into the ground, body poised as the large orange stallion suddenly banks to his left, the steady wind pushing him towards me. My forelock flies into my eyes in a large gust of wind and I miss the timing of my dive away from him. Cursing to myself quietly, his sharp flints instead connect with my rump with nearly full force, just slightly more on my left side. Their tips left two, thin red lines, the blood turning my pelt pink. I throw my head up, hoping that he is still above me and that my hardened glass covered horn, sharpened to a point, would find the precious ribcage or stomach of the pegasus. Tossing the hair out of my eyes at the same time, I assess his position in the air quickly while the thought of my wound is pushed to the back of my mind. It stings lightly, though where his kick connected with me is steadily growing sore and tender. Archeon yips lightly, acute silver eyes watching the stallion and giving me a second perspective as he slinks out from under my legs.

I am ready as Hector attacks the second time. Only cowardice keeps you in the air. Get down here and fight like you mean it. I think bitterly, noticing the small advantage I have of the wind that had already picked up speed since my own attacks. Pushing up onto my hind legs, my bulkier form and heavier weight only makes it harder on me to stay suspended like this. Bright, shining eyes like freshly spilled blood zone in on the front of Hector's wing. With the strain Hector was making to fight against the wind, it had given me an advantage- or so I was hoping. Again, I try to bite his wing as hard as I possibly can, hoping I had aced my timing and that the bite would cause enough damage to hinder his flight or even (probably too hopefully) keep him on the ground. Gravity calls me back to Gaia's back and Hector's second attempt for my right shoulder instead hits the right side of my horn and snaps my head to the right as I am in the midst of falling from my rear. The glass covering my horn shatters unevenly, leaving few patches on the smooth black sword, rough and jagged. Others fall to the ground, only to be left like clear, hidden knives that are ready to sink into a hoof or paw of some unlucky creature. I blink, head spinning and quickly scramble (backwards and away from the glass) to regain my balance.

Oh Hector, where are you now brave boy?

OOC:
WC; 593
2/4 attack posts + 0/1 closing defense
0/2 magic & companion
Attack Summary; misses the timing of his dodge and takes hector's kick instead to the rump (slightly more on the left side) and throws head up as hector passes over him the first time, rears and attempts to bite the front of hector's wing as he passes the second time and when he is falling back on all fours, hector's kick hits his horn.
IMAGE CREDITS
[Image: aagbkp.png]
lines by tamme <3

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
By request of imi's absence thread, Hector defaults to Zar'roc.
Zar'roc receives 1 VP and is not taken prisoner.