SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF THIS [O]

Anixiel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

ANIXIEL

I will hold on hope,
And I won't let you choke
on the noose around your neck

The weary colt trekked along at a fidgety walk, his black rimmed ears twitching every which way at the numerous sounds of wildlife in the dark around him. It'd been nearly a solid three days ago that his travelling had brought him to this strange land, so much like his former home and yet so different. It'd been night when he arrived - something that was perfectly normal - but as the hours ticked by and passed into what he was positive were days, the sun never came back up. The warm rays of light never peaked over the horizon and bathed the world in warmth and light. Maybe he was crazy, maybe he was just imagining it. Surely that was it, he'd been travelling for so long, for so many miles that his tired mind was playing tricks on him. A breathy, awkward laugh that was barely more than a wheeze squeezed itself from his air ways, his head nodding slightly as if in agreement with himself. Nothing was amiss at all, he was just crazy! Though he was trying to reassure himself this conclusion didn't particularly soothe him. Maybe he didn't want to be crazy, maybe he just wanted to live a normal, peaceful life. All these rampaging thoughts running amok in his head were making him even more anxious, his brindled sides heaving as quickened breaths forced themselves in and out of his lungs.

He felt as though he were on the brink of a panic attack, his lightly feathered legs rising and falling in a quick, awkward prance. His tangled tail bounced and lashed anxiously around his inky hocks and his wings were shifted and re-positioned against his sides repeatedly, rustling gently with each slight movement as his whole body continue to twitch. Ixie forced himself to keep moving forward, his pace just a quick walk though it was accompanied by frantic twitching and unnecessarily high leg movements. Every now and again he skittered awkwardly sideways, swearing he might have heard something nearby. Whether or not it was his imagination or not he didn't care to stick around and find out.

The brindle pegasus maintained forward movement. The rich, forest green of his irises was nearly blocked completely by his overly dilated pupils that tried to take in as much of the dim moon light as they could. The only good part of this continued darkness was that over the last day or so his eyes had finally adjusted for the most part. It was of little comfort though, he still prayed for day, for true, warm light to save him from this world of darkness. The fidgeting colt continued on, his head jerking this way and that, ears twitching and swiveling in a panicked frenzy any time he even thought he might have heard a sound. Upping his pace to a quick jog he wove his way around the large trees, finally slowing to a walk again as he entered a gap among them. The colt paused in the tiny excuse for a 'clearing', the gaps in the intertwined foliage above allowed just a bit more cool moonlight to cast its ivory glow over the area. He felt that if he was going to stop, even for a moment, that this was the place to do it. At least he'd be able to see if anyone or anything approached, or so he hoped.

Anixiel remained tense after halting, his green eyes still wide and on the look out for any potential monsters that might jump out of the darkness and eat him alive. His tangled tail finally settled against his rear canons and his wings rested closely at his sides. He held his head high, his body finally still save for the occasional blink, breath, or twitch of his ears. In this strange and unfamiliar land of night he'd never felt more lonely, surrounded by the dark and the unknown. He yearned to cry out, for someone, anyone to hear him and come to his aid. A cry for help could be even more dangerous for him though, in his mind. Unnecessary noise could draw the unwanted attention of whatever predators lurked here, things he had no desire to encounter. So he'd suffer in silence, quietly praying for help, for safety, even just for some company to soothe him.

"blah blah blah."

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
give me your eyes for just one second,
give me your eyes so i can see
everything that i keep missing

The warm rays of the sun had still not curled back up on these lands. The tendrils had not wrapped around my skin. I had not felt the intricate dance that the warmth possessed as it played with my muscles and allowed them to move correctly. I still had not felt the familiar, comfortable vibrations that meant the world was working in order. Something seemed off. In fact, the only time which I had felt the Earth creating it's usual heartbeat had been in that meadow with one who seemed to be like the Gods that I had been told so much about.

Yet, I seemed to be much like a moth to a flame, as I was drawn toward this border that I had entered in while I attempted to figure out why it was buzzing in such a strange manner. The way it even shook my own frame's outline in my head was slightly disturbing, and if I edged closer to the it the strength would only make it seem as though it was going to toss me right back and have me land upon my haunches. I still wondered if anyone else could feel the vibrations, or if I was the only one who had ever needed to learn how to pick up on them. It concerned me, a little, but not enough to deter me from crawling back up toward the Threshold.

As I continued to inch forward I felt a larger animal, one with wings again, seeming to move skittishly through the branches. Confusion flooded my features as I stopped, standing stark still, alert to the entire world around me. His legs seemed to be kicking up in a high-stepping motion as his frame twitched, each little vibration drowned out just a little by the incessant buzzing. And then, he seemed to stop, my frame having been moving to track him a few feet off to the side to ensure that he didn't accidentally injure himself. Taking a closer 'look' at the space he was in I noticed that it seemed to be a very small clearing, in a sense - just barely large enough to fit him if he spread his wings out.

Cautiously, I pulled myself from the expanses of trees and into the edge of the clearing. The hawk marking on my left haunch was glowing brightly in the dark, but I couldn't see it - in fact I didn't even know I had such a marking upon my frame. Still, the yearning for my old companion was pulling at my soul as I fought to concentrate on the stag who seemed to have stopped trembling. "Are you alright, sir?" I questioned, twitching my audits a little as my eyes gazed toward him without ever actually locking onto his frame as one with sight would do. "I am Rasta, an informant for the Dragon's Throat. Might I be of any assistance at all?" I allowed my soprano chords to come out smooth and gentle, almost like honey, as I delicately tipped my dished cranium to the side in an inquiry.

524 words
@[Anixiel] <3
If you have any questions, do not be afraid to ask <33
Image Credits

Unregistered

ANIXIEL

Boy with a broken soul,
heart with a gaping hole

Quick breaths escaped his lungs, fogging just slightly in the cool spring night. His heart thrummed rapidly in the middle of his chest, the beats so quick they could have been mistaken for the sound of a humming bird's wings. His ears strained to hear anything over the sound of his own heart and breathing, both of which were loud in his ears. After just a couple long seconds of relative silence he heard the quiet steps of another from within the confines of the forest. For a moment he didn't want to move, to risk drawing any further attention to himself in case this was some sort of predator or otherwise unsavory sort. He risked slowly swiveling one ear in the mystery-creature's direction, one eye straining to follow suit. A strange glow stuck out from the dark. His breath caught in his throat, his head slowly turning to focus on the creature in the shadows. As the stranger came closer the glowing light became more visible and bright, attracting his attention. The colt's wide green eyes were now able to make out the pale coated body of another equine.

He shuffled sideways, one hind toe dragging its tip through the soft turf as he turned carefully to face the pale stranger. He simply watched her for a second, cautious and assessing whether or not he should run. He longed to be friendly and eager to meet anyone but in this dark and unknown land he knew not who might be a threat. His whole body shook slightly, the soft feathers of his dark wings rustling together at his sides as he warily watched her. When the mare stepped just out of the tree line he relaxed visibly, his striped rib cage shuddering as he let out a long exhale. Just being able to see the stranger made him ever more relieved. Dark rimmed ears slid forward at his poll when her feminine voice rang out, inquiring about his well being.

A lop sided but gentle smile tugged at the corners of his velveteen lips, his muscles untensing finally. "Are you alright, sir?" she'd asked, a simple enough question. His jaw clenched slightly, his tongue pressing flat to the roof of his mouth and his heart aching in his chest. He yearned to cry out, to scream all the pain away, to say that he very much was not alright, that he might never be alright again. He wanted to tell her everything, he wanted to pour out his heart to this kind stranger. He felt as if his throat was tightening and he was being choked internally, his breaths turned ragged and his eyes burned as he held back the salty tears that welled in his eyes and threatened to overflow down his golden cheek. In all his life he'd never felt this sort of pain that he'd been living with in the months following the loss of his sister and the betrayal of his family. What was even worse was that everyone that had been closest to him was gone, he had no one from his old life that truly knew him, knew what he'd been through.

He blinked back tears, taking a shuddering breath and attempting to regain his composure. "I'm..I'm alright." He said, his voice cracking slightly and threatening to give away his crumbling emotional state. This poor mare didn't deserve to have someone else's problems thrown on her shoulders. He took another deep breath, this one more steady than the last, and released it slowly. He felt slightly more stable now, at least not so close to the brink of crumbling apart in front of someone he'd just met. He took a few cautious steps closer to her, halting only a few feet away. Closer to the pale coated mare he came to a startling realization, she so very much resembled his only childhood friend. Some part of him wanted to all but crash into her, to embrace her and tell her how he'd missed her. The rational part of him made him stay where he stood, knowing that this wasn't Kellan, that he hadn't found his long lost friend, but possibly found a new one.

His masculine head tilted slightly, frosted forelock falling gently over the lower side as he watched her curiously. He noticed something slightly amiss - thinking back to how she hadn't looked directly at him earlier - and now taking note of the milky color of her eyes. His mother had a similar look to her right eye, glassy and glazed. Anixiel wondered if she might be blind, it seemed she very well could be with his reasoning but he dared not ask. He'd learned that lesson from the one time he'd made the mistake of asking his dam about her own glassy eye. She'd never liked talking about any thing that might make her 'weak' by anyone's standards and knowing that some might not take kindly to such a question he made a mental note of her potential disability but said not a word regarding it.

The young stallion listened attentively when she spoke again, telling him her name, a strange phrase and acquiring if he needed any aid. It was the middle part that piqued his interest, one invisible brow quirking in mild confusion. "I'm Anixiel, or Ixie." a brief pause followed his greeting before he continued, "..Dragon's Throat? ....You.. You don't actually live..in a dragon, do you?" He assumed it very well was the name of some territory here but he'd encountered many strange things in his life and he wanted to make sure all the same. It couldn't be safe to live in the throat of a dragon, that was for sure. "And I could use some assistance, if you aren't in any rush. I've never been here before and I must admit; I'm quite lost."

@[Rasta]

His rapid heartbeat only seemed to increase as I neared closer and closer to his mighty frame. His eyes seemed to widen as I thought I would be far enough away to not be noticed. But, alas, I had been so I would continue on forward without hesitation. He shuffled to the side ever so slightly, allowing his toe to drag just so lightly against the dirt as his frame turned to face me and my approach.

It seemed as though my frame pulling from the tree-line did him a world of good, as he let out a long exhale. At asking about his well-being a lop-sided smile pulled on his lips, which I returned with a graceful, gentle tug on my lips. But, not everything seemed to be alright. It was as if the question had brought up tons of bad memories. Tension filled his frame and his breathing even shifted, though it was only slightly (and had I not been accustomed to the difference in vibrations I might not have ever noticed). He blinked a couple times, shuddering a tad as he drug oxygen back into his lungs. He claimed he was alright, but his voice was breaking and tearing in ways that only signaled pain to my poor soul.

Pain. Pain like being betrayed and cheated on. Pain by being force-bred and then losing the child and the one who had been the father (who I had actually grown to like - taking the pain to feel like I belonged somewhere - anywhere). Pain like finally understanding what a real relationship should be like, and gaining that partner for eternity, only to become pregnant and entrapped as a prisoner of war. Pain like breaking free but not knowing for sure what hat happened to my son or mate. Pain. That's all he signaled to me, and it broke my heart that someone who was as young as him had needed to go through so much of it (no matter that I didn't know what was really causing the shuddering breaths, tense jaw, and increased amount of blinking - as if he were blinking away the tears so as to not show them).

He took a few steps closer to me, but I did not shrivel away. No, I stood tall - I could take pain, if one wished to dish it upon me - and I waited to see exactly what it was he was doing. Stopping with a good distance between the two of us he began to inspect me. Recognition seemed to cross his brain, but I knew that I did not know him from my lands. No, there had been no winged ones there - and I had been all the safer for that. And then, he seemed to realize something else - probably my blindness - but didn't allow his voice to put his realizations into the air. "It seems as though something bothered you just then, but I understand the desire to not speak of that which is bothering you...." I murmured before explaining where she was from, my name, and asking for his own.

Anixiel... Ixie. I shuffled Ixie around in my brain a few times before deciding that it seemed to flow with my silken chords easier. The question that tumbled from his maw allowed a girlish laugh to bubble from her laranyx into the air, floating around in the night sky. "No, Oh, Gods no. That would be rather unfortunate. It's a territory to the south - protected by a grand wall and filled with many other pegasi. I'm afraid that the dragon's seem to live in the a territory to the west called the World's Edge. But, they mean no harm." I explained, with a gentle swish of my tail before listening to the rest of his comments. "Oh, no rush at all. I can promise you that," I said, keeping my voice gentle so as to not cause him anymore panic. "Let's see. We are in a state of eternal night - the moon has been the only thing to rise in the past month or so - before that it was eternal darkness. The Gods seem to be missing, but we are hoping they will return soon. If you wish for a home, I can offer you one in the Throat," I explained, before offering the home and then allowing my voice to swirl into the sky again. "But, ask anything you wish and I will try and answer it to the best of my abilities, Sir Ixie." The gentle smile was still on my lips as I awaited to see his responses.

789 words
@[Anixiel]
Image Credits

Unregistered

ANIXIEL

Broken dreams and silent screams,
empty churches and soulless curses
we found a way to escape the day

Slender ears twitched slightly, placed alertly forward at his poll as he listened to the light colored mare. He'd heard her quiet words but he said nothing regarding them. Ixie had never been the sort to be in any way rude to anyone that didn't deserve it but he simply didn't feel comfortable talking about the incident that was still so fresh in his mind. Nor did he wish to plague this mare with his problems, surely she had enough of her own to deal with. He felt as if the loss of his sister had been partly his fault. He'd known how explosive the liver chestnut filly had been, he knew of her violent mood swings and blatant aggression. It seemed though that no matter the wrongs she'd done, especially the ones towards himself, he couldn't bring himself to hate her. He'd loved her - maybe because he felt he had to love his flesh and blood sister - but he loved her none the less.

Distracted by his wandering thoughts the sudden sound of her amusement at his question jolted him back to reality. His head raised slightly in the faintest indication he may have been startled, his eyes wide for just a moment before he awkwardly shifted his weight and forced the corners of his muzzle up in an awkward but trying smile. The colt listened with interest as she explained the territory where she lived. She spoke of pegasi, he guessed that's what he was by the way she said it. His head tilted slightly, in the land where he'd been born there'd not been a specific name for those gifted with wings. They lived among all the other horses and were just that, horses. His dam had never possessed wings though he doubted she'd ever have used them if she had. The bay mare had always been finicky about heights. He didn't want to ask any questions about 'pegasi' specifically, not wishing to sound ignorant about his own species.

Anixiel had settled considerably even in the short time of conversing with Rasta, simple socialization and contact with another equine was calming to him. His entire life he'd been around others, his family at least, and now in this new place he'd been wandering alone for some time now. Interaction was certainly refreshing and reassuring to boot. The things Rasta spoke of were so unfamiliar to the foreign stallion, it was simply unheard of for the sun to not come up. He'd never been one to claim he knew all that much about how all those sort of things worked but he was fairly sure the sun was supposed to come up. His bi colored lips pursed as various questions bubbled in his throat and ran rampant in his mind. He had so many things to ask her but she hadn't even finished speaking and so he held back, nodding slightly with slightly more eagerness than necessary. When she spoke of gods though it really ignited his curiosity.

Unlike so many of the other things that were foreign and strange to the buckskin, gods were not unfamiliar to him. In his homeland he'd met a few of them, his own sire was one though he was sure that had no standing here. His immortal sire had been the Deity of 'earth', rock and plant life in his homeland. He'd always thought that was something special, that surely he had been created for a divine purpose. To be great, to be a hero, to be whatever anyone needed and to help anyone in need. It was all he thought about as a foal, that he needed to grow up and be strong so he could protect anyone that needed it, so he could be remembered and revered, adored through the lands. Such an ignorant ideal! It was only now that Ixie realized just how stupid and arrogant that sounded, how impossible as well. How could he ever accomplish anything? His sire had been so mystical and mighty in his eyes, but the more he thought about it as he aged his cremello father had been nothing but a child trapped in a too powerful body for his own good. It was probably for the best that Ixie would never be all knowing, if he'd known of the fate of his sire's past mate and child he'd never have been able to rest easy. Nor if he knew of the fate of those that stood in the wiry cremello's way. There was blood on his father's hands, so to speak. It was true, Ixie knew that he'd known and done nothing to stop his mother from killing his sister, for all he cared he might as well have taken part himself. That wasn't the only murder his father had taken part in though, the others he had committed himself.

The young pegasus stallion would never be great, he'd never be loved and he'd not even been able to protect his own sister from the fate that had awaited her. He was useless, not worth being on this wretched earth. He bit his tongue to hold back all the words that threatened to spill out. He used to be ever so proud of his heritage but he knew now that he'd never speak of it again. It had no standing here, even if it did it would serve him no purpose. He so desperately wanted to start anew, to pretend that his childhood - despite the good memories - had never happened. And in this new place he very well could, and that's exactly what he intended to do. No one to know him, to know where he came from or anything about him. Freedom is what it was, pure and unbridled freedom. Nothing to hold him back anymore. A shallow and ever so slightly despaired sigh escaped him. "I see." He said simply in response, not questioning a thing about gods or eternal darkness. All those curious inquiries that he'd held back earlier had vanished now, leaving him to wallow simply in his own self loathing.

He remained silent for a few seconds while he contemplated her offer of a home. A home was something he longed for, a place to fit in, a place to have friends and company and maybe a purpose. Maybe that was all he needed to get his head screwed back on right, to forget about past happenings and to get a move on with his life. If nothing else at least it would mean not standing around in this terrifyingly dense forest alone, waiting for whatever dismal fate awaited him. "That sounds lovely, I could use a home right now." His head had turned slowly away as he peered off into the dark forest in the direction she'd come from, presumably toward the place Rasta had invited him to. When she spoke again his left ear swung slowly to catch her words, a slight frown creasing his maw. He hesitated for a moment, giving his black and white tail a lazy swing. The coarse tips brushed his brindled flanks and lightly ruffled his dark wing feathers. "I guess my only question is which way do we go? I apologize if it's a bother at all, this forest makes me a bit uneasy. I'd love a chance to stretch my wings." He said, turning slightly in a slow and deliberate arc, stretching his spine and neck with a sigh before re situating his wings at his side once more. Flying was one of the few things Ixie still got to enjoy, the sheer freedom that it gave him to not be tied down to the earth, to simply be able to soar as high and as far as he physically could. Honestly it was getting to be a bit uncomfortable to have his large wings tucked so closely to his side nearly constantly for the last few days. The close knit trees offered little room for him to even stretch them out to his full wingspan.

@[Rasta]

( Ixie is a bit depressing right now, he should get back to a more sound mental state soon though. ^^ )

He seemed confused. My words must be confusing him. That wasn't my intention at all. But, it would have to be remedied later. He was in his own world. He was thinking about his own thoughts. And I? Well, I was attempting to take in the entirety of my surroundings and to fully place every little image in my head. I was attempting to get rid of the incessant buzzing from the border that was so close to us.

Two words from him, and a simple sigh. And, with the offer of a home he remained silent. I assumed he was contemplating the home, and I could understand it. After all, the offer wasn't exactly light. It was something to take into consideration. It was something that I would have mulled over as well - and I had not too long ago. And then he spoke, saying that it sounded lovely and that he could use a home. The smile on my face widened as I asked if he had any other questions - not afraid to try and answer them as I could.

His frame started to turn, ever so slightly, in the direction from where I had come. His voice asked which direction. Again, the smile on my face grew a little, before I allowed my silken chords to permeate the air. "South, Sir Ixie. South and just a little to the West," I said before starting off through the trees. "And stretching the wings is well understood. Though, if you choose to fly once we get out of the forest I do have one request," My voice broke slightly, taking a pause as I wove through a few trees, needing my concentration in order to judge exactly how close my frame was to them. Then, as soon as we got to the less forested area my voice fell back into the air, "If you could, speak when you're going to land so I can figure out where you are. You see, I'm blind - and not ashamed of it as some might believe - but I 'see' the world through vibrations. So while I may seem competent on the ground I cannot judge the sky very well." I finish, before ensuring that he was close by and then starting off a trot back toward the Throat.

395 words
@[Anixiel]
Going to post a rank change request so you can post everywhere <3
You can respond one more time to wrap it up if you wish!
And if you want a new thread in the Throat with Rasta you can start it and tag me <33
Image Credits