the Rift

The Cloud Is Forming [Echo, Training Spar]

Adalaide Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
@[Echo]
When brewing a concoction of deadly potents to use against those who desire a head on a silver plate because of a difference, you need to practice your skills before making that concoction. Not only to make sure that others know that you are not a bluff, but to also make sure that they never rise again.

Skills were everything if you wished to improve. You had to hone your skills to master further and to get better with things. That is perhaps why I had started Echo off first thing with training. The sooner the better. Explaining that he had wanted to pursue in a field of defending and the like, I decided that his path would best be through the work of a soldier and then continue to move up.

Echo would soon be denoted as a Thunderstorm as I was the Hurricane. Yes, I had good and well fleshed out the rankings and yes, I had good and well fleshed out what their main jobs were. That is why I wanted to see where me and Echo both stood in the rankings of skill when it came to fighting.

My warm eyes were still warm but they did not continue to carry that welcoming glint they always seemed to have when I was around those whom I was chatting friendly with. My warm eyes now possessed the look of someone who was about to fight; however, I had to maintain a sense of restraint. We had yet to have any doctors and I was not about to push around in this sunless night, be foolish, and get hurt to a point where we would need medical assistance; no, that would be very foolish indeed.

My warm and friendly voice had turned husky and gruff. "Give it all you got, but bear in mind that we are still family. Bear in mind that we have no Medic to assist with any afflicted wounds, Echo. No magic and no companions; good ole fashioned fight."

We were surrounded by thistles in what I had recognized as the Thistle Meadow. It was overall, a clear night. The faint whistle of the creek running through the grasses and a small breeze permeated the air, sending a rustling sound throughout the everlasting night. The bright white moon hung high in the sky and the stars that were scattered about twinkled closely behind. There were few clouds in the sky, but they were there.

However, a chill was still there and my thick and shaggy winter coat was close behind to propel the cold air from my thick and calloused skin. My thick, long mane and tail was still there, but their length had been shortened recently. My Friesian blood had my neck arching, preparing for battle. If I kept my appendages close to my body, my actions short, rapid and sweet, then I should be due for less of a chance on getting myself injured.

With the current unfreezing of the earth beneath our feet, it was quite slushy and muddy; luckily for me, I had grown used to these conditions on trail rides and through practice in arenas. My blood was pumping with excitement and I was controlling my breathing.

The basics of bullfighting and reigning were flooding my mind now. My instincts coming back to me, I cleared my mind, closed my eyes, flared my nostrils and took a deep breath. My eyes rapidly flew open and I charged the blue hued equine, enlarged and heavy black hooves hitting the earth hard as I moved my 17 and a half hand mass through the grasses.

However, as last minute, I pulled back on my charge, sending my hind legs grinding to a halt in the slick mud which, if I predicted correctly, would send some flying up into Echo's vision, thus screening her or even distracting her so I could make another move.

Either way, I had to remain unpredictable and with a series of juking back and forth, I proceeded to then lunge at Echo with teeth bared and sharp hooves aiming. However, a sense of restraint showed my body, and though my heavy mass had a hard enough time soaring through the air, this looked quite clumsily as it was a weak lunge, not intended on hurting my friend.
----------
Attack Post: 1/4
Word Count: 723
Rules: No Companions, No Magic. Restrain slightly so as to not cause any permanent or serious damage. :)
----------
Speak-Sit-Think
image credits

@[Echo]

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
21 days have passed. Echo defaults to Adalaide.
No VP is awarded.