the Rift

Starts with One

Artemis Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Sei
Dawn was rising. The inky skies were slowly changing, evolving into a mixture of dancing colours and light as the sun began to peak its head over the horizon. Pinks and oranges began to wash over the navy sky, painting the sunrise and beginning to blot out all traces of the night. The stars gleamed dismally, one by one losing their fight against the sun as they began to fade, hidden under the rays. How could such tiny dancing fires even begin to compete with the blazing ball that was the sun? They tries each day, only to be sent into oblivion, banished until the sun slept once more. Only then, could the stars come out from hiding.

Slowly, the ascent of the sun sent trails of light cascading over the land, warming the earth. Clouds marred the skies after the evenings rainfall, their forms soft and faded pale white. Bright chocolate orbs watched the sun rise, following the path of the light as it made its path up toward the hilltop and warming her tall, muscular body. Her silver coat danced with colour as her knees brushed lightly against the tall grasses. Taking in a deep breath, she took in the sweet smell of dew, ears pricked and alert, yet oddly serene. Wind stroked her mane and tail, sending waves of liquid silver dancing over her flanks and neck. The long braid moved slowly, caressing her dappled grey pelt.

What a beautiful dawn to begin a new life. Her eyes softened, head lowering slightly. She was not sure if she was ready for this. She was young, yet easily mistaken for a stallion, as broad and muscular as she was. Apprehension was overwhelming her, yet the need for companionship trumped all doubts. She had been alone for too long, and though she feared rejection, she had nothing to lose. She knew that well enough. Sighing softly, she turned to face the forest.

A face greeted her, with dark eyes gleaming and scars blemishing the otherwise old ad handsome face. "Are you sure you are ready for this, daughter of mine?" It spoke, without moving. She took a step backwards, hoof slipping slightly on the edge of the hillside. Debris shifted under foot and she stumbled slightly. As suddenly as he appeared, the stallion lunged and the mare reared back in shock, hooves slipping on the wet and readily shifting earth. She was falling, sliding down the steep hillside with her heart in her throat. She expected to land, but she continued falling, falling, until she could hear water rushing below.

With a shout, her eyes snapped open. Her body was sweating and her muscles were shaking; twitching uncontrollably. The sun was gone, and night lingered, as it had been for some time. The stars danced triumphantly in the never lifting darkness as the mare longed for daylights welcome warmth. The mares heart was hammering as she stared ahead blankly, trying to calm her nerves. Her fathers herd was miles away, she told herself with a shudder, stumbling to her feet. Her body was smeared with dirt from where she had been laying. She waited in silence for some time, before looking up toward the hillside, the forest looming not far from where she was. Was she ready for this? She had been alone for so long. She was nervous, yet her mind was haunted. Maybe she would be at ease if she was no longer alone?

The gloom of the trees was not inviting, yet reluctantly she shifted her body and began to walk into the dense foliage. Trees brushed her shoulders and flanks as she passed and dew from high leaves rained down upon her back in a sudden gust of wind. She whinnied, half surprised and half pleased at the sudden coolness on her body. Her tail flicked over her hind quarters as she sped slightly. The feathers on her legs were quickly muddied by the soft, damp earth formed by the rain, though she did not mind. The masculine mare was not one for appearances and cared little for what she looked like. Beside, she knew she had no place in a herd, and had no wish to become a harem mare, after the stories her mother span for her. No, she wanted something, anything, but that. So she braved the threshold, not knowing what to expect within.

Starts with One

DevArt
[Image: 258b4tv.jpg]

Antheia Posts: 129
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 4
Clo.

A n t h e i a
from caring comes courage..

I walked courageously through the Threshold, my head tilting high. I knew I would find someone here, for many horses wandered these lands every minute of the day, or night. A smirk crossed my face as I looked up between the tree, gazing at the dark sky that only had a few stars and a moon painted on it. I guess you could say I was on a mission, to repay the World's Edge for inviting me into their home by going out and recruiting as many horses I could get my hooves on. Though, it wasn't easy, other herds wanted members too. But there was one tiny easy part, to stay away from the unicorns. The Basin usually got them all, or the ones that were racist anyway, the other ones were up for grabs and that was where I would come in. Yes, I had already recruited one. Or two? Or was it maybe three? Who knew. I surely didn't, I never kept track of how many I had brought home with me. I didn't see the point. All I knew was to bring them home with me and then make sure they stayed happy and stayed with the Edge.
For sure I didn't want anyone to drop out, but it wasn't really my decision to make, so I stayed out of it. It wasn't part of my business to buck right into their lives, everyone would call me right up rude, and I didn't want that at all. I was suppose to be the happy and generous one around here, since it seemed everyone was down by this darkness. But not me! I was probably the happiest horse in all of Helovia! The winds were perfect and got me right up in the mood, and with no sun, I didn't shed a sweat off of my pretty little coat.
I do wish the sun would return though. I needed some more happy friends besides Kahlua and Harmony. Yes, I did love them, especially Harmony, they were my friends, how could I not? But I wanted more! Two was never enough for me, I loved having friends to talk to and I wanted to become more known in the wondrous place. I wanted to be the queen! Speaking of queen, I needed to go see Mirage sometime. There was so many good compliments about her, and I had yet to meet this mysterious DrangonHeart, or so they called her. Though, I wanted to explore the places of Helovia first, there must be so many adventures out there waiting for me to finish them off! But my first task was to finish what I started, repaying the Edge with so many new arrivals. I could never get enough of them, and now I was out here walking blind in the darkness looking for another.
I never once ran into a tree, I had been in this forest too many times, I knew the whole terrain. The moon also led me through the black scene, guiding my way towards this creature I was looking for. Crows squawked and all I could think was 'so annoying'. If I had yelled at them to beat it, I might've scared away what I was trying to come to me. I wanted to turn around and go home, I had been walking for an hour. Or two? Oh gods, here we go again. Or maybe it was three? I didn't really know, but I did know I was tired. But how could that be true? I wasn't suppose to get tired, I was suppose to stay hyper and happy. Maybe it was just Harmony? She was a real handful, I could tell you that right now. But I have to say, it was fun taking care of such a precious little thing.
I kept on walking, looking around at my surroundings. I soon saw a shadow cross in front of me. It seemed to be a frame of a equine but as I sneaked closer, I noticed it was a Unicorn mare. She was so very beautiful and she didn't seem to be much older than me. From the clues she gave me, it looked like she was around four or five years young. I replied to he whinny with a soft little nicker. My clefts trotted after her, coming a long and bumping into her white shoulder. "Hello!" I shouted softly at him with a smile. "I'm Antheia, one of many that call the World's Edge their home, including myself. Is there anyway I could help you?" I chuckled and let a soft nicker escape my kissers.
Was it bad that I was always happy? For surely not. At least one happy soul wandered these lands. Well, Kahlua and Harmony also. I didn't like long lost souls, I liked the happy ones, all the little happy hearts running around with energy. I loved that scene, with a bunch of little ponies running around crazy with their small heads heads held high. I just wished I could see that view at this moment with the darkness hovering over Helovia. Now that would be a site to see. But, now to focus on this little cute baby girl here. She needs to hurry up with his answer so I can head home with her darling self and check on little Harmony.
I, really, was in no rush at all, there was nothing to do in a sheet of darkness. There was no butterflies or dragonflies to chase around, no warm ponds to swim around in, and I had no wings so I couldn't soar through the sky like a bird, though I wish I could.. All I could do was go and recruit others, but it was actually not that bad, I got to meet many others and make new friends. So I guess you could say I was actually really busy in a fun way. I guess? It didn't bother me if anyone said I was crazy just because I just went after everybody in such a happy tone.

tag; @[Artemis] & Open
word count; 1,015
occ; hehe, hyper Antheia! <3

Hidden Account
Sei
Where was the sun? The mare longed for the familiar warmth and for the perks it brought with it; glittering seas and newly blossoming flowers, bird song and butterflies dancing in the wind. With the night came the terrors and the shadows, which hid all manner is creatures. Artemis was not a cowardly beast at all, yet the dimness did not only hide monsters, but it vanquished all hopes the mare had for companionship. It hardly mattered. What creatur would care for her? She glanced at her own back, muddied and filthy, with dark brown smears covering her flanks and legs and her tail matted. Grass stains marked under her belly, though it was masked by the gloom, and strands of grass poked out from the thick clay that coated her. She scowled with a sigh. Maybe she ought to take better care of herself? She looked a state. She shook, flicking her tail in an attempt to rid herself of the mess, but it was useless. She needed a bath; she hated those.

Grimacing, she turned back and stared blankly ahead, thinking to herself. She had to perk up. She couldn't let the darkness affect her like this! She was Artemis, a proud warrior with the blood red markings of her mother and the strength of her estranged father. She raised her neck, arching it in an attempt to at least look a little better, and to show off her muscular frame. It made her look slightly more feminine, somehow, which was an added perk. "Now, perk up, or yo'll be doomed to wander alone forever! She told herself. As she did so, a butterfly fluttered out of the gloom and landed on a nearby tree. The white bark contrasted its crimson wings nicely and the mare moved slowly forward reach out her nose. The butterfly lifted off, hopping to her muzzle and perching upon her greyed maw. Cross eyed, she stared at the little insect with the hint of a smile. So creatures do live despite this gloom. Fly away, little one, and live. The sun will be here soon, she thought as the butterfly, as if hearing her minds words, took off and fluttered back into the shadows. The tiny gesture of the insect improved her mood greatly as she began to trot with her head held high.

As she paraded her frame, feeling a little higher in spirits, she heard a nicker. Her stride took an immediate halt as she startled slightly, tail flicking over her legs. The black and white unicorn pranced from the shadows, from where the butterfly had left. She was smaller in frame than Artemis, her dainty body moving swiftly through the darkness and bumping against the grey in what the loner assumed was a friendly gesture. Her shoulder twitched from the slight touch and she backed up a step. Artemis had not touched another horse beside her mother, having grown in relative solitude. She quickly discovered her dislike for people invading her personal boundaries. Throwing back her mane, the plait bumping against her shoulder, she gazed with caution at the filly.

She seemed friendly enough, and perky too. She was high in spirirts, and introduced herself as Antheia. She hesitated, unsure of how to address her. She was not sure wether this young creature was of status, or if there were any formalities about introductions. Her ears lowered slightly, and her eyes screamed of her self doubt. "Artemis," she said bluntly. "My name is Artemis." The filly asked wether she could help the stranger and the mare tilted her head to the side. How could she help? Artemis thought for a moment; she had come for something though she had been unsure what. She lowered her head slightly, turning away as if embarrassed. "I don't think you can help. I don't know why I am here. I have no home, but the aspect of a herd is unfamiliar to me." She admitted after a moments hesitation.

DevArt

Deceased
Clo.

A n t h e i a
from caring comes courage..

I smiled at the mare and then turned to look at the sky. My blue orbs scanned the night scene between the high branches. Oh how beautiful it was. Even if the sun wouldn't rise, the moon took all the beauty that the sun could never have. Although, the sun, you could say was handsome. It was like the queen and the king. The moon and the sun. They would make a greet couple, such a sweet like that could make anyone be so happy.
My gaze went back to reality and I caught myself looking into the mare's chocolate eyes. I chuckled and nudged her muddy shoulder. "A home?" My harks perked and a smirk invaded my muzzle. "I can certainly provide that!" I danced around her and then came to a stop a few paces in front of her, giving her some space. "If you want, you can join me in my home at the World's Edge? You can make tons of friends there!" I spoke in a perky tone towards the grey mare.
I would bring her home and she would live happily ever after. Well, if she makes the best out of it like I try to do. I love to make new friends and I hoped that she would like to become my friend. Kahlua, Harmony, Apollo, Midas, and Sikeax were all my friends, but a lot was not enough for me. I wanted to become known to this world! I wanted for the creatures of Helovia to be able to come straight to me when they needed help. I wanted everyone to know that I would be there for them no matter what.
But that would probably never happen. Yes, I did want it, but I also knew that there would be risks for me to take on. Heck, I didn't even know how to fight yet! How would I know what to do if something or someone came after me? I would probably be dead by the time someone found me.
I shook my dome and smiled at the mare. No time to think about that Antheia. A voice lingered in the back of my head, trying to push the thoughts away.

tag; @[Artemis] & Open
wc; 369
occ; Short post. o.e

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
A P O L L O

And how can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
"Good Antheia, I'm pleased to see that your bright spirit hasn't diminished in these dark times."

There had been no mistaking Antheia's familiar voice when he had moved through the Threshold, his pace leisurely, almost as if he had been strolling through his very own home. He had come across the two mares completly by chance, lost in his own thoughts about how the Threshold had practically become a second home to him. Despite the darkness, Apollo was discovering that he was growing more familiar with the thick forests as the days passed, and how very often he found himself wandering through these trees. Even before his promotion as Chief of the Foothills, the painted stallion had frequented these woods, searching for lost souls who yearned for homes or a place to belong.

Their voices are what had attracted him, snapping him out of his silent reverie and drawing him closer to where the two mares had met one another. For a few moments he had stood in the darkness of the trees, watching and waiting for a good time to make himself known. While waiting, Apollo had surveyed the newcomer to the land, a unicorn like himself and pale like a blanket of newly fallen snow. She was bold and broad, and he wondered briefly if she was a fighter.

Stepping free of the treeline is when Apollo had spoken, regarding Antheia first. She was a friend, despite living in different herds and lands... He had been the one to find her in the Threshold, and he had lead her to the World's Edge, a herd that suited her well, by the look of things.

"Pardon my intrusion, ladies," he apologized, dipping his head towards the pale mare in a formal sort of greeting before turning to look at Antheia. "I hope you are well, sister, and that things in the Edge are well-met." Turning back to Artemis, his smile grew, but it was gentle. When he spoke to her, his words were soft, welcoming. "And a true pleasure to meet you, good Artemis. Are you well? My name is Apollo, and I hail from the Grey. I hope neither of you mind my eavesdropping; sounds carry like no other during these uncertain seasons."

"Allow me to welcome you to Helovia. Like good Antheia here, also allow me to extend to you an invitation to join me and my family." As he spoke, Apollo's head lifted higher, a sense of pride overtaking his vocals. Yes, whenever he spoke about his family, the Grey, pride did take hold. And why shouldn't it? The group was resiliant, steadfast in their ways. They relied upon one another, bled for one another... A family unit, through and through, brothers and sisters on and off the battlefield.

"I hail from a northern group in the herdland of the Windtossed Foothills, and serve a military group called the Grey. I serve them as one of their leaders, alongside a veteran mare named Ktulu. If it is a home, or at least a land of respite that you're searching for... I would be honored if you should so decide to accompany me back home."

Apollo gave a smile and continued speaking. "Some who join the Grey have previous knowledge of the fighting lifestyle and battles... But not everyone, like myself. When I joined, I wasn't certain what I wished to do with myself to help those who took me in... I served as a spy, and then a medic before being promoted to Chief, but I learned. The Grey will teach you all that you need to know."

[ooc: Sorry for the... Not very good post. XD]

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
 Levi</style>

The grullo brute flickered his silver orbs towards the honey coated voice of a stranger. There were many different voices, but Levi just happened to listen in and realized there may be a new horse to recruit. The voices indeed were unrecognizable so it had to be the case. He usually made monthly trips to the Threshold and succeeded in recruiting new members. It was the best feeling to give someone who is unknown a home, a family, protection, and loyalty. This was why the Throat was a great home because it could offer all of those things and more. To some it might not be the prettiest looking place, but it was indeed a great home. Levi shifted his warrior body towards the sounds and quietly walked over. The brute softly looked to see who was there, taking a deep breath he didn’t know what to expect. It looked like an adorable painted filly who said she had come from the World’s Edge, a trustworthy Paint Overo who was the leader of the foothills, and finally a single broad and muscular dappled grey unicorn mare who seemed to be the one the other herds were trying to promote for a home. She looked very innocent in the sense that she didn’t know about Helovia. She also seemed to be nice just like everyone else. Two sisters and a brother.

Before he spoke he frowned slightly when he noticed something suddenly. He was the only Pegasus there… he hoped that the others were not racist like the Basin. He sighed and continued with his duty.

"“Excuse me sisters and Brother I do not mean any intrusion, but I could help overhearing your conversation.”." He spoke in a kind tone. He paused with a friendly grin and looked at each face while he talked. Keeping a brief gaze, the silver brute dipped his head politely with a slight bow. "“My name is Levi I come from the Dragon’s Throat. I provide my services to them with my life, and they give me my life in return. We are located near Heovia’s heart. We live in a beautiful desert area with water supplies passing through. It is a family in all and we all support one another. It is a very comfortable place since everyone is welcoming. We also have many ranks and jobs for whoever would like to help and provide a service to their home.” He paused and again searched through the faces. "“I know that it’s definitely going to be a tough decision since there are many lovely herd representatives here like Apollo, leader of the Foothills,” He looked at Apollo with a smile and dipped his head once more. "“And Antheia from the World’s Edge.” He smiled and dipped her head gently towards her. "“But I would be very glad and honored if you would want to come to my home, the Throat, Artemis.” He looked at each individual as he spoke with a kind presence. "“It is truly a pleasure to meet everyone!” The brute kept distance between each being in respect, but he was glad to be there.

"blah blah blah."

Hidden Account
Sei

Artemis eyed the peppy filly with the hint of a smile. She had never met such a positive equine and the youngster's attitude rubbed off on the slightly older mare. He smile was indeed infectious and Artemis gave in to the grin twitching at the corners of her maw. Still, despite her incredibly friendly exterior - or maybe because of it - she felt nervous as the unicorn danced around her. She shifted uncomfortably, smiling lightly yet feeling a little taken aback. Should she dance like that too? Was it normal to be so jolly? She lowered her ears slightly, bewildered. Maybe it was too soon to join a herd if she was expected to be so joyous. The mare doubted she new how to act in such a way, stoic as she was. She opened her mouth but no words came out to her suggestion. What could she say?

Luckily for her, another voice was emitted from the dim lit forest. it made her jump slightly, and although she did not move an inch, her surprise was given away by the twitching of her shoulder. Her heavy head turned to face the strange, who made his way from the shadows to greet them. How long had he been there, exactly? She tilted her head slightly, giving a slight nod to his introduction. "I am well, thank you, she replied. The stallion was friendly enough, and thankfully not as excitable as the filly. It made her feel a little more at ease. The stag had a strong body and handsome features; a true leader, some would say if such could be judged from appearances alone. Something about him radiated confidence and the mare felt infinitely better for his presence, somehow. Her head raised, ears pricking forwards. As he spoke of the 'Grey', whoever that might be, he seemed to arch his head proudly. Yes, Artemis decided. She would accept this stallion as a leader.

It was funny. Her whole life, her mother had warned her of stallions and of herds, that they were cruel and selfish creatures who loved only themselves. By the scars on her mothers face, she had believed her, yet maybe it was not so. Artemis did not find herself in the least frightened of this male.

He described the 'Grey' as a military herd and she nodded slowly. Her mind was made, it seemed, yet before she could answer she was interrupted yet again. No matter, she was in no rush. The mare was no big talker like these others appeared to be. Maybe she would become more like them in due time, but for now she was content in her relative silence.

Another dark form emerged, though he seemed slightly hesitant at first. Artemis did not understand why, yet as he saw the faces of horses he seemed to recognize, he lost the apprehension. Maybe she was looking into it too deeply, maybe he was not hesitant at all, yet she could have sworn she saw him linger uneasily. She stepped toward him slightly as his body moved through the trees, her eyes meeting his face first, then an alien sight; wings. Artemis had heard tales of the pagasai, yet had never met one in person. She took another awkward step, eyeing his wings with curiosity.

She stared for a moment too long before jerking her head back. Darn, how stupid must she look!? Gawping at a pegasus like a damned foal. She turned away slightly. "I apologize for my staring. I have never met someone like you before." She excused herself. If she could have, she would have blushed. At least he kept a respectable distance from her. She wasn't keen on people invading her personal bubble.

Clearing her throat with a grunt, she stepped back to observe the trio of horses; the filly unicorn with the infectious grin; the silver tinted pegasus with glorious wings; and Apollo of the Grey. She smiled. "I thank you all for your kind words. I myself am not a big talker so i will make this quick. If it would please you, Apollo, I would be honored to join the ranks of the Grey." She arched her head proudly. "I know little, but I do know how to fight. I will not disappoint you, lord."

DevArt

Deceased
Clo.

A n t h e i a

I turned, watching as more friends came along, I couldn't help but smile. Yeah, I didn't know all the buddies that called Helovia their home, but I did know that no matter what, all of them were my friends. Equines, Pegasus, Unicorns-- all of them are my friends. No one was perfect, even if they thought so their selves.
I dipped my dome towards the two stallions as they offered their own home. "Apollo." I big grin formed on my face as I nudged my best buddy. Then there was the Pegasus. I had never seen him before, but he called me his sister, and so I accepted. "Hello Levi." I spoke towards him in a soft friendly tone.
Turning back to the mare, I listened to her pick the Grey to call home. My harks perked up and I smiled. Good choice my friend. I knew she would be happy there with Apollo. She seemed to be the perfect warrior to keep the Foothills at their justice. There was a very good chance, that she would make amazing memories there.
Recruiting was hard work. I never thought that it would be so difficult to win over a creature and then bring it home. But, I guess you couldn't win every time. I wouldn't give up though, I had to keep moving, there had to be another arrival looking for a place to call home sweet home.
I backed up, catching the frames of all three. "I hope to see you all again, brothers and sister. For I must go and look for more that might be in need of some comfort." I smiled and dipped my dome towards them all, winking at the mare. Yes, I would see her again soon, for she seemed very interesting.

"blah blah blah."
wc - 297 words
ooc - short post is short. o.e
tag - @[Artemis] & @[Apollo] & @[Levi]

DevArt