the Rift

Detox

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
You walk, huge footprint after huge footprint following behind you. The moon is up. The sun should have been up hours ago. You don't know why it's not and you're a little concerned. Well, a lot concerned. But you don't have time to worry about it. Right now, you've got more important things on your mind. You've just been nosing through the bag you wear over your right shoulder. You ate one of the plants you keep there about an hour ago. There are only two or three vines left. That's what you're worried about. You don't need the vines. Well, at least there's nothing physical tying you to them. There are no signs of detox when you don't take them, but not every need is physical.

The more you walk, the more dense the trees become. You've been walking slowly and methodically- the plants always make your steps a little uncertain. Suddenly a twig cracks. You throw your head up, wild eyes turning to the sound. Your ears stay surprisingly neutral, though. You're not afraid of the noise- you've just got a flair for the dramatic. In flailing your head about, your forget to look where you're going. Your huge hoof catches on a root that is rising above the ground and you stumble ungracefully forward. You don't fall, but that doesn't mean you're not pissed. Your left hind hoof strikes out viciously, massive hoof striking the base of the tree that dare have roots. The hit reverberates up your leg but the feeling doesn't mean much to you right now.

You're volatile. You've always had an attitude problem. The addiction hasn't helped it at all. Seeing the bottom of your tan satchel bag because there are few plants there is making it worse. You don't even know when or how the addiction started. You just started to realize you need the creeping vine in your life. You became more erratic and unsocial. Your herd ignored you at first, thinking it would go away. It didn't. The stronger the hold the vine took on you, the more your herd shunned you. Until one day you were told to leave and never return. There was no ceremony, no goodbyes. They just told you to leave and so you started walking... and walking... and walking. That's how you got here, searching in the moonlight to find locoweed.

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I wasn't hitting the Threshold like it was an addiction. I just liked meeting new people, getting to see people that came in. I mean, someone of the people I met here are interesting. Most of those from herds are natural jerks, and I don't take too much to them. I want to make friends, to bring home members so that Mom and I aren't so lonely. It's nice to be out when the warm air is out and about, when the Moon makes sure I'm safe.
I live literally in the moment here. That there is a big thing for me, but I love it. It puts a lightning bolt through my veins, awaking me as if I've been asleep for the longest of times.
My head was lowered. my mouth enclosing around grass. Mom's milk isn't always getting me somewhere, and I don't care much. Grass needs to be eaten, and everyone though it's got a funny taste, I guess I might be able to like it. Something moves in the trees, causing me to be surprised. No, I'm not frightened. Nothing is scaring me as I wander through these tall trees. Who could scare me now?
Curiousity was dragging me forward, and gladly I went with a skip in my step. A soft tune hummed about in my mouth, the glow from my horn illumiating the world around me. In my happy state, I stepped on a twig, the sharp 'SNAP' breaking silence. A chill goes down my spine as a loud thump shakes the earth, almost knocking me off my small hooves. The pale blue eyes my mother adorned me with caught the sight of something big.
Really, this thing I'm seeing right is huge. I always thought of Mom as something pretty big, but as I stared, almost in complete awe, at this horse. He had to be as tall as some of the trees here, and the thought of if he'd see me when I walked up to him bothered me. If there was another incident like when Uncle Tonka rolled over on top of me and squished me, there was no way I was ever going to be normal again. I would be a Sikeax pancake.
Starlight twinkled over his large body, and from my veiwing point, I watched him go into a bag on his shoulder. What was in there? Would it be rude of me to ask? I just, well, sort of want to know. He might be running low, and maybe I could help him find some more. It couldn't exactly be that difficult, could it? It's worth a shot.
My height compared to his would make this awkward for the both of us, but to get his attention for us, I squeaked. I wasn't angry, it was just a squeak to get his attention. Sometimes that little noise that has followed me from birth is useful, and secretly, I like it. Tonka laughed at me when I used it at him, only because he had squished me. If my squeak didn't get his attention, then maybe my voice would. Or my glowing horn. The pale blue light was enough for me to see his leg, where I stood. He was soooooo much taller than me, and if he didn't see me, then I'll probably be heartbroken.
Please, no more jerks. Please.
"Excuse me, uhm, hi! I'm Sikeax, Doctor of the outcast group called the Assassins. Please don't judge us by our name, we're actually a group set on making sure others shall receive justice when they cannot get it themselves. Do you need some help, and can I have your name? Maybe.... I could help you refill your bag if you would like. Also, please don't step on me. I'm small."
The voice that came from me was soft and sweet, a young smile on my face. What if he does squish me just because I was short? Well, I never seem to get the best of life, so I wouldn't be too surprised.

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

As you're nosing through your bag you're interrupted. Something squeaks and you stamp your forefoot loudly. Your tail swishes erratically as you swing your head quickly (or as quickly as something as massive as you are can) towards the sound. You look down instead of forward. You're used to it. Your parents were big, of course, but not everyone in your old herd was as tall as you. What you see below you makes you toss your head back. A little filly, muddy champagne, with an annoying blue light shining of her horn. The plants have all kinds of side effects. Some of them are visual. Right now, the filly's blue horn is bothering your eyes. After all, you've been wandering in relative darkness until now. A stomp of your forefoot into the muddy ground lets the world know how you're feeling. Yeah... you're real good at first impressions.

You hear the little one's small voice and flick ears toward her, lowering your head to see better. Your neck is dipped below your withers as you more or less put your eyes at your level. At least your eyes are below her horn now. It helps a little. Anyways, it's a good thing there is a foot or two of space between you two. Otherwise you'd look like a real creep right now. You hear her call herself a doctor and a low rumble builds up in your throat. You're laughing because you're not sure one so small is worthy of practicing medicine. Your laughter fades away as the little one keeps talking. You'd open your mouth to answer but she won't stock her yapping.

“Do I look like a dolt?” Your voice is a rumbling, gravely sound. You're talking at a reasonable volume, you've just got a deep voice. You mean to say that you won't step on her but your question probably isn't phrased the best. After all, you do look like a real mess. Your socks are muddy as all hell- if anyone can even tell you have socks anymore. Your coat is caked in mud too, and bushes and brambles and anything else you might have walked through. Your mane and tail are knotted and uneven. Even your paired horns have plant leaves pierced and stuck there. Yeah... you probably do look like a dolt.

You swing your nose up and around, shoving it into your bag suddenly. You more or less ignore anything else the filly said, your mind suddenly returning to the emptiness of the satchel on your shoulder. You dig out one of the few vines that are left in there and drop it on the ground, stepping on the very end of the plant protectively and lowering your head back to her level. “Have you seen this plant?” Your voice is demanding, louder now. Something in your eyes has changed. Your look is a little more wild, a little scarier perhaps. “Anywhere, anywhere at all. Have you seen this plant!” You don't care about her group. You care about you. You care about getting the fix you need. You care about finding somewhere you can harvest locoweed and have everyone leave you the fuck alone.

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I blinked, eyes disappeared momentarly and then returning. He was a huge horse, very much. If he did step on me, I'm going to die. And what would Mom say about me dying? Let's not think about that, she scares me enough when she is grumpy. Normally, any foal would of been scared when a large creature like them was even in their sight, but for me, I'm going to stay fearless. He doesn't bother me, and though his current state is not the best with mud and what not over all over him, I know he looks better than this. Maybe after I help him find the stuff in his bag, we could go to the blue and swim. Everyone needs a swimming buddy, and it would help clean him off and look more presentable if anything.
His stomping hoof shook the earth, causing a mini 'earthquake', whatever that happens to me. My frail body shook and I stumbled backwards a bit with the sudden change of the earth, but never fell. There is always a chance he would fall on me. The glow from my horn was still pretty bright in the darkness, and I could barely see his eyes be affected by the light. Opps...... "Sorry about my horn. The glow doesn't turn off, I was born with it." His massive head came down to view me, and this close to him, I smiled. As a child, I must keep my carefree attitude going, regardless of anything that goes on.
In the mists of nightly silence, he laughs. To me, it doesn't sound much like a laugh, but it catches my attention a little bit. If he had said some sort of joke while lowering his head, I didn't hear it. To save myself from being insultive to him, I let out a nervous giggle. Its breaks to the world masked under his deep partial roar (that is to me), clearly delayed. When he opens his mouth, a fearful squeak comes inside my throat, not released to the world, but inside my body where it is loud enough for him to hear.
Please, please don't eat me.
"Do I look like a dolt?"
Dolt? What is a dolt? Did he say colt, and I didn't hear him correctly? The words seemed to ryhme with one another, but his tone of manner brings an awkward feeling to my body. It's a shockwave down my spine that makes me want to drop my fearless attitude and head home. Stubborn attitude and willfulness keeps me there. I'm not going anywhere up until I can get this pretty cool guy to join the Assassins. Whatever the word 'dolt' means, I don't think it fits him. "Sorry Sir, but I don't know what 'dolt' means, though I think you're a really handsome guy who can play a large part in a group when needed."
I could slap in a deal breaker right about now, say that he could join the Assassins and then we could look for his 'stuff', but I still didn't know his name. Whenever he catches the real offer that I gave him, he responds in a way I wasn't expecting. The sudden actions cause me to step back in a hurried way, scared now that he might really step on me. Accidents like that tend to happen, and I wouldn't be surprised. Whenever his head drives into the bag, I watch in curiousity. What he pulls out, is nothing more than a simple plant. He asks me if I've seen it when he drops it to the ground. My eyes lock onto it for a few seconds, trying to figure out what it is exactly. Lighting bad, I lean my head down to use the light of my horn to study it better. Yes, I've seen this plant.
My head is pulled back and I smile to him. Yes, I've seen this plant. I have about five back home with me, but I've been meaning to go to the Deep Forest in search of more. The Deep Forest was closer than the Arch back home, so maybe it would be easier for the both of us just to go there and get some while we're neighboring it. "Yes, I've seen it many of times. I have some back home with me, but home is a bit of a journey from here, and woulld take us almost eight hours to get there. Not to mention am I running low on them. There's a place right beside here called the Deep Forest that they grow at. Spring just started, so there might be more there than during winter. They're difficult to find, but I know the places to find them."
My small gaze is upon his eyes, looking at him with fear of him running me down. These plants meant a lot to him, and it wouldn't hurt to help him find them. I would be killing two birds with one stone, and not to mention with the arrival of Birdsong, I could easily find more herbs while helping him get his, and he might be kind enough to help me carry the herbs I found back home. I hope, it's always a task, and I'm not so sure as of if Mom would like to help me or not. Her wounds say no automatically.
"Before you go looking, can we make a deal? First off, can I please have your name? It makes things easier. Second, I'll get you as many of those plants as you need whenever you need them, if you'll go with me to the Forest, and then help me carry home the other herbs I gathered? Maybe after that, would you like to join our group? I could asure you a supply constantly."
Clearly, this deal would work out of the best of us. He got the plants he needed, I got my herbs home and maybe a new member for the Assassins. How could this go wrong?

OOC: If you need a table for him, feel free to ask! I can gladly make one for him.
If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

My head is spinning in circles, the massive length of each evergreen and the tiny stature of growing saplings seem to crunch around me, my mind bending along with the swirling surroundings. Birdsong is here, and how gentle nature has carried it along back to us. The snow is finally gone, yet the bitter nip of never ending night still lingers, making itself very known. I remember the first time I was here, I was so unimpressed with what I was seeing at first; my bland mind comparing everything to the destructive beauty of my previous home.. or, homes. Then from the darkness emerged a pink haired mermaid named Eris.. little did I know that the bitch would become of my only friends that I could actually acquire from this black void of rock.

Muffled voices hit my unaware ears, causing them to flick forward, my heart began to race in anticipation. The slow walk that I had been wandering at lurched into a high sprung trot, my stomachs bubbling awkwardly at the sudden movement. The ground stirred and gave beneath unsteady feet, causing a random step here and there to stumble or shift incorrectly and slip. Eventually, each purple eye fell on the withered body of a massive male compared to me, spotting a baby before him. Her small body looked much healthier than the male's, yet the amount of height that towered over her made the filly look miniscule.

The filly was finishing what seemed to be the end of her inviting the black beast to her home. I think not baby girl my consiounce spoke. "Whaaaat is this?" My raspy voice rang from my throat in a near yell, though to me it sounded like a scream that echoed through my boggled skull. "Baby girl, where's your mommy? Adults should be dealing with such," I paused, clearing my throat as if I were about to sing "high priorities." Finally I paused at striking distance away from the left side of the dark coated, disheveled stallion. "Who are you, big boy?"

My antlered cranium twisted from left to right, eyeballing each oh-so-different character on either side of my body. My gaze stopped on the small female, looking but not registering what she looks like or who she may be; my brain is far too lost for that at this point of illness. "Run along brat. Mother dearest should be looking for you by now." Both ears flicked around lazily, listening to nothing in particular. The white sheet of forelock hung loosely around my right antler, drooping around the nearest ear as well.

"Speak." Walk walk
@[Oxy] & @[Sikeax]
AgronA
There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship's smoke on the horizon

image credits
table by whit

OOC| Thanks Katie, I'm OK for now. I've got an idea, I just haven't had time to sit down and make the table images ^-^ Finally made them, lol. Yay! Not exactly how I envisioned it, but I'm no good at the photo-editing stuff! @[Sikeax]

You watch the child smile as you put your face down in front of hers, amused that she is not frightened. Her apology for her horn had not gone unheard, but you don't care about apologies. You don't care much about anything. You really do need to work on that attitude problem. It's no wonder you got 'asked' to leave your previous home. Who wants to be around a grumpy giant all day long. Now she laughs and you almost roll your eyes- but not yet. Why is she laughing, anyway? You're not sure. Maybe she's finally figured out that such a little one calling herself doctor is humorous. Regardless, you keep on watching. Little things are almost interesting to you because they're so insignificant. Were you ever this small, you can't remember?

As she answers your question you blow a loud puff of air from your nostrils and sway slightly, spreading your hind limbs to keep you balanced. It's the vines working their magic, no doubt. “Dolt. It means stupid, idiot, moron, simpleton.” You choose not to respond to the rest of her words because you've got nothing nice to say. You're quite certain she knows nothing about you- claiming you handsome. The mud is hiding many of your scars right now, but you're far from handsome. As for being a useful member of a group... you don't know. The plants have been a part of your life so long that you've never had time to try and be useful to the group. You're out for yourself, for the most part.

As she reaches down towards your plant to look at it, you grow nervous. You're grinding your teeth. She wants it, you know she wants it. You almost dare her to take it, an itch in your bones urging you to smash one of your massive hooves into her throat. Still, you're no killer. You just like to take your aggression out on others. She disappoints you, though. She doesn't reach for it. She pulls back and smiles. You pull your lips into a frown. Your frown quickly returns to a neutral look as she claims to know of the plant. She has some... you're all ears now. She goes on and on, asks for your name again. Then gives you deal. She helps you find the plants, you carry her herbs home in your bag. You think about it. You're about to answer, then your ears pick up the sounds of someone else.

Your head flails up and you throw your nose out, a rough whinny grumbling forth from your mouth. You flick your tail up wildly, lifting a hind foot and threatening to attack to poor tree again. You calm down before you lash out this time, though. It's just a mare- a wobbly one at that. Her raspy voice catches your ears and you turn toward her, ears falling down on your head slightly as she almost shouts at you. Is she on the plants too? As she insults the little one, you think about laughing. Your forget to, though. Your thoughts have fallen back to the nearly-empty bag you carry and the plant that you're holding in place under your hoof. “Name's Oxy,” you finally grumble to both of them, annoyed that you have to give it at all. Seems like no one will leave you alone until you do, though.

With another face here you can choose to be a little more discriminating. Besides, the little one has made you wary. She claims to keep these plants in her stores. She's competition to you. You don't like competition. Also, she promises an indefinite supply. You like the idea but wonder if it's a promise she can keep. It would be unwise to accept an offer to join her herd without knowing if she speaks the truth. “You, mare, have you seen these?” You dip your nose toward the plant under your hoof for a moment before raising your head back to her level. You're only about half a foot taller than her, it's easier to look into her eyes than the filly's. “I need them. She says they're in the Deep Forest. Can you confirm this?” Your brown eyes bore into her own violet orbs. She better speak quick- you're not interested in waiting much longer.

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

My eyes rolled around in their sockets; searching over the filly for a tad bit longer than I would have liked, then back to the mass of the edgy stallion that stood before me. His massive hoof lifted from the ground, his rough voice seeming so far in the distance, even though it was closer to me than what was usually comfortable. Oxy my brain repeated a few times, attempting to allow the name to fumble over my lips, but they never reached. "You, mare-" The words lingered in the dark air for a moment, each hitting me like the rythmatic crawl of ocean waves; my purple eyes focused on his long face just long enough to register that it was indeed the male speaking.

His voice continued coming at me, my eyes drooping to the ground, stopping at the strange looking plant that the brute presented like a scared tween during their first speech. My lips twitched into a coy smile, the muscles trying to pull up harder in order to create a real grin. I have never seen one of these before.. though, I have never looked for one either. Hm. "No, big boy, I haven't seen it before.. but we should go find you some more." My brain was ticking slowly. What was it that this stallion wanted from these plants? His shriveled body told me that -obviously- he was not up to health; perhaps these made him feel better?

I took a careful step back: careful as in to not topple over sideways if I don't pay attention to where my feet actually land. Ears rotated around, my brain grabbing at the silence of no voices between conversation. We're not the only ones out here, there's no way. We're never alone, no matter how silent it may be. My thick, bright tail flicked around nervously as my thoughts ran away from me once more, lashing at the backside of both legs; wrapping around my left hock at one point. "We can go to the Forest right now! On the way, I'll show you my home." Ears flicked back forward, incoherent eyes searching for the dark face.

"Speak." Walk walk
Tagged: @[Oxy] & @[Sikeax]
Ooc: Sorry for skipping over Sik! I thought I should probably reply before I poof again. o_x
AgronA
There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship's smoke on the horizon

image credits
table by whit

You're antsy, ready to go. You want to get out of here and find some more of the locoweed vines. Your nearly empty satchel is making you more and more concerned. And the two females in front of you are just pissing you off, taking their dear, sweet old time when this is a life or death matter. At least, you think it is. We should go find you some more. 'Well no shit,' you want to say, your ears falling back onto your head and staying there. Of course, you should have expected this, waltzing into some unknown country and happening upon two random strangers. You don't even know why you're surprised.

We can go to the forest right now. Her voice breaks the silence and reaches your ears. You look down to the filly to see if she has anything to add. She's been strangely silent since the mare got here. Suddenly, you're being erratic again. You swing your head down to where your plant is laying on the ground and snatch it from under your hoof, chewing on it greedily. The sweet juices fall over your tongue and you almost smile at the taste. You know that you'll soon be feeling the effects of the plant and you can't wait.

“Well what are we waiting for, then?” Your gravely voice permeates the air and you suddenly begin walking. You march right between where the two mares had been standing and begin crashing through underbrush and tree branches alike. If the females had wondered before why you're such a mess, they'll certainly know now. In all honesty, you're lucky you've got so much mud and dirt on you. Without it, you'd probably be accruing injuries left and right from the way the sticks and branches are scraping against your sides. You turn back momentarily to see if anyone is following then resume your stomping and plodding deeper into the woods. “Let's go,” you grumble. You'll be happier soon. Maybe.

@[Agrona], @[Sikeax]