the Rift

keep it caged [ophelia]

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
KTULU
it's getting harder and harder to breathe

Ktulu left the Foothills after seeing the God of the Earth and being told that she would be blessed later in life and just wandered, thinking about what he meant. Her wandering had brought her to Thistle Meadow, more specifically the tree that she and Ophelia had slept under when they had been refugees. Orphans. One of her ears tilted back and she sighed as she approached it. The black dun girl shoved her nose against the ground and inhaled. It was faint, but it was still there. Ophelia's scent. Her tail slapped against her flanks and she lifted her head, turning it to look around the meadow.

Memories of nights she pretended to sleep when in actuality she stood guard over Ophelia flooded back to her her. It had been lonely, at first, living alone, just the two of them. Over time it had become comfortable, felt free. Now she and Phi lived in the Dragon's Throat and, while she did like it there, it just wasn't the same. Herd life wasn't as comfortable to her as it had been when she'd been a foal. Her heart longed for the freedom she'd felt when she'd lived on her own with Phi, but she wouldn't force her sister out of a home and she wouldn't make her choose. Ktulu loved her sister too much to do that to her.

Rather than turn and begin her journey back to the Dragon's Throat, however, Ktulu lowered herself and laid in the shade under the tree, her crimson gaze sweeping over the meadow. Just a few hours or maybe a day or two of this would put her at ease, she thought. Then she'd go back to the Throat and pretend like she didn't miss being a nomad.

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia had been exploring Helovia like she had explored Isilme before, but memories brought her back to the meadow. She smiled as she looked out on its beautiful grasses, comforted by the summer cicadas chirping their songs. While she enjoyed the Throat and feeling a part of something, she could not deny the fact that it all felt like a false front - something to occupy her mind while she waited for her true calling.

Perhaps she was just selfish, thinking that she was meant for something more. Something stirred in the distance, and she narrowed her dual colored eyes, thinking she spied white stockings in the distance. Ktulu? Her smile turned into a grin, and she picked up a brisk, flashy trot. Happily, she turned her tail over her back and snorted proudly, ears perked forward. "Ktulu?" she called.

Moments later, she nearly stumbled over her sister and stopped, looking down at her with her head turned to the side. They were old enough now to be called mares, and Ophelia grinned excitedly and practically threw her body down on the ground next to Ktulu. She propped her chest up by curling her pale, slender legs beneath her and looking into her sister's lovely red eyes. "Are you all right"? she asked.

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

KTULU

As she lay there, her mind wandered and she found herself beginning to miss her sister. Their tree was lonely without her there to talk to and lean against and just find comfort in. She sighed and closed her eyes only for them to snap open when she heard her name being called. It was hard to miss her sister's white and red body from across the meadow. The sun made her pristine coat shine like a pearl.

"Ophelia!" She called back to the white mare, her smiled growing with each step that brought Phi closer. It was as if the Earth God smiled on her and brought her sister to her the moment she started to miss her most. If that was the blessing that the Earth God had spoken of then she would be happy for the rest of her life.

Ktulu shifted her body as Ophelia plopped onto the ground next to her. "I'm fine." She assured her sister before reaching over to bump her dark muzzle against Ophelia's pale one. She then nuzzle Ophelia's ears and began to nibble gently on her forelock. "I was just thinking that I missed this place. Do you?"

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia felt similarly as Ktulu, only she felt blessed by the sun god. As she sank into the grass beneath the warm and gentle rays, she felt at home. When her sister told her that she missed this place, Phi smiled in response and nuzzled Ktulu. The pale and crimson mare lowered her face to the grass, closing her eyes and enjoying the sensation of Ktulu's lips rubbing on her forehead.

"Hhhmmm," she hummed contentedly. "I do miss this place. I miss home though, but I am starting to understand this land. Finally, I am starting to learn every tree, and I am finding it to be more of a home than the Tides ever was. There are more good memories here." She explained softly.

"Kri is kind and I love how sunny the Throat is, but I am a wanderer at heart, Ktulu. Perhaps this is terrible of me, but I grow so easily bored with the happenings of a herd life. I need excitement, exploration." Ophelia lifted her head and rubbed her cheek against her sister's. "What about you?"

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

KTULU

Relief flooded Ktulu's heart as Ophelia expressed her need for a life of excitement and exploration. Ktulu felt the same way, herself, but had settled in the Throat because she wanted to give Ophelia stability and security. She wanted to keep her beloved sister safe but the last thing she wanted to do was suffocate her. If Ophelia wanted a life of freedom then Ktulu wouldn't stand in her way. She'd stand by her side and they would take on the world together.

"I feel the same." She admitted to her sister. "I miss our independence." She continued to nibble Ophelia's forelock for a few moments before sighing. "I like the Throat. I like Kri and Azzuen, but my heart longs for the freedom we had before." She wondered if they would hate her for deciding to leave, but then shrugged it off. The whole world could hate her, but as long as her sister loved her she would have all the love she would ever need.

"What do you want to do?" She would leave the decision up to Ophelia, whether or not they stay or go.

Icon by Tay