the Rift

[JUDGED] Time to go. [Challenge, Faelene]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute</style>
    My friends, I am only flesh and bone, but I won't let you die alone.</style>

They were leaving.

My eyes peer through the trees that my captor had hidden me behind, telling me to stay out of sight. However, with a growing worry, I noted that the muscular and the strong were all piling out of the single pass from the land, my heart sinking in my chest. Either my home or that of the Dragonheart were likely their destination. A quiver in my soul, knowing that fires could burn the Edge once more. This time it would be in defense of those who lived there.
And I would be unable to be at their side.

Snorting in frustration, I begin to make my way through the precarious trees, down toward the path of the Basin. I had no interest in remaining here, having had no contact with my supposed herdmate, having not the time to waste now. I needed to go, leave, quickly, and rejoin my comrades in the battle over a home that was mine. Whether it be the Throat or the Edge, my heart resides there in the spirits of its residents. I could not be trapped here while the war raged.

I had to do something. Calling out with a shrill beacon in my voice to the one who was keeping me here. Either she would allow me to leave, or I would force my way out. She may have caught me off guard once, but I would be damned if I was taken down as easily this time. "Your soldiers are moving," I say, toward the open air where her shadowy figure may be lurking. "As such, I am going with them."

Let's see how well a thief can manage in a fair fight.

[ Challenging for Kri's freedom.
Magic/Companion restrictions are defined by the SWP. ]

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

FAELENE

the price is always different

The red maned knew this was coming, the only surprise was it hadn't been sooner. Though the sun was gone the moon, and stars moved across the sky in their usual cycle, helping keep track of hours passed. They had went back and forth some nights now while she had tried to keep Kri from knowing the bigger reason she was here. Since "Ari" couldn't be found it seemed Kri was more restless, and probably thought this was even more a ruse. Faelene was bothered a bit by that fact, but didn't know how to amend it or if it mattered. Should she really care what the weathered soldier thought? She must already have her list of assumptions, and the red maned told herself she only had one purpose. Keep Kri here as long as she could in any way possible.

The truth was Faelene might not like Kri, but she didn't hate her. While they were on opposite forces, opposing sides. Faelene found herself respecting the leader who remained on her thrown while many had come and gone by her side. How often she thought it was too bad that Dragonheart wasn't one of them. Or they had merely decided to rule the same land. This point it made a lot more sense they should stand together, instead of worlds apart.

Internally she sighed, thinking this might be the last moment before her body would again feel the aches, and pains of battles. Gritting her teeth in silence, Faelene had wanted to avoid her even realizing anyone was going any where. Kri being a hard prisoner to guard was an understatement. If it had been possible she would have requested Ulrik make some wicked contraption to keep her earth bound. Faelene always wanted a Pegasus unable to use its wings in a fight, see if they were a fighter without them. Tonight, she wasn't going to find out. Instead Faelene was going to find out how determined they each were for the outcome they wanted.

In the shadow was where she stood like a marbled stature of charcoal, and blood...watching. It was easy to pretend her ears were made of stone. Pretend she had left with the other soldiers and once Kri figured that out she could leave. A fair fight wasn't her intentions, no she would use every advantage just as her opponent would and had before her. There was this nasty piece of her that wanted Kri to feel useless, powerless.

Fading clips of unicorn hooves rattled off the stoney stairs in the distance, and the Thief began to take her time, inching her way toward the back of the commander. The damp earth cushioned the motion, the moon to her right tucked away by tree tops. All the way the lady calculated her strategy. If Kri was going to be kept here, she would have to be away from open ground. The smothering presence of the evergreens would hopefully make it hard for Kri to open her wings, and the fact she didn't know where the clearings were. If she herself hurt her extra appendages she must know how the odds lessened. What else would help retain her? The red maned was taller in stature, but attitude and mass would make up for the leader's shortness. Faelene may not be a seasoned fighter, but she knew underestimating an opponent was a terrible idea. The Thief knew quite well what Pegasi could do with those feathers close quarters or not. Maybe, she shouldn't be thinking to much about this. Either way wouldn't she need an insanely amount of luck for this to mildly pan out?

Faelene didn't have luck. She had flesh, bones, and broken magic. But, she also had one thing Kri didn't, a silver weapon. With the outline of curved rump, and a blond tail as her guide, it was with a lowered head, cheeks tucked to her neck, Faelene began to pick up her limbs. One, two, one two, Kri's only warning someone was coming quick toward her right side. The red maned continued driving herself, the tip of her curved horn toward her opponent's right flank with a purposeful force to meet flesh. Yes, Faelene was going to poke the "bear".

[Word Count:709 Attack 1/4 Magic Use:0]

edenlore1234
[Image: faeleneicon.png]

Hidden Account
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute</style>

My breath was like a smog in the air, warm and drifting in the light of the moon freckled by shadows of the small, budding leaves on short, stubby trees. The altitude of the Basin was high, the air thin, the cold, unwelcoming teeth of the cold sinking in to my weathered flesh. I felt my lungs exhale the pine and the snow, warmed by the spirit of my beating heart, soothing and steady in my chest and mind.

Unfamiliar territory, unknown passes. Short trees and locked air. This was no terrain that was suitable to me. I am reminded of my battle with Vikram in the World's Edge, but at least he had chosen an area near to a cliff-face. Here, I may as well be in a cage. If not for this cell of trees, however, the hoof beats of my captor may have been lost. Her approach, as well, may have taken me by surprise. It is her haste that ultimately betrays her, for the plodding of her hooves echoes against the bark of the near by shrubbery and trunks, the sound of wardrums increasing their pace with measured, viciously intended time.

Ears flicker backward, and I begin to move, my own body jetting forward from a standstill and waking my screaming, cold muscles in the still air, trying to buy enough time to glance behind me and catch her silhouette in the darkness, seeing her mane gleam in ethereal light as she dances toward my right, a dangerous curve downward and a knife to my back.
I could almost laugh. These fucking people, always trying to shove their words between my shoulders.

With excitement rushing through my veins, I cease to feel the cold surrounding me. The time for action is now; the time for weakness will come after I am dead. I push off my legs toward the left, sinking on the opposite end of a tree, my right wing brushing up against it uncomfortably, a small feather tugging out into the bark, while putting the thick wall of wood between my flank and her horn. With any luck, she would stab herself stuck. Serves the bitch right. If I had been looking for a fair fight, I should have known better than to trust and underling of Psyche and a thief. Knowing that I will not be safe from advances behind for long, I continue to race forward, hoping she was slowed by my tree-tactics long enough to put suitable space between us.

I skid to a rough, abrupt halt, allowing my weight to shift downward into my sturdy back legs, agilely throwing my front end around, putting myself toward the direction from which the shadow had emerged. In the dull light of the moon, despite all of the adjustments my eyes have made in this god forsaken night, shadows are still hard to pull apart from the trees and shrubs, let alone the elegant body of my attacker. I continue to rush forward, attempting to find her in the night.

Uncertain if the flash of crimson is just my wishful thinking or the actual mane of Faelene, I position myself around a particularly unicorn-looking shadow, trying to keep a distance between myself and the sword on her head. I attempt to attack this would-be right side of Faelene by rushing past, aiming to keep a good half-wings length away from what I thought her barrel, before diving my right shoulder toward the shaded figure of a flank in the dark. She may be larger in size, but my tank-like build would not feel good crushing upon her, no matter how large a difference. At the same time, my neck curves down, estimating upon this taller mare where the back of her hock and gaskin would be, teeth seeking flesh to latch down upon, my head shaking about violently like a dog with its kill.

Whatever intentions I had to play fair were gone.
I needed to get out of here, whether that meant crippling my foe or not, for those who had entrusted me their hearts were waiting.

[ WC: 689; 1/4; MC: 0/2; Kri is using buffs SWIFT and NUMB. ]

Hidden Account
Sica

FAELENE

Flecks of damp earth broken from the ground, brush across her haunches, and all other sounds are swallowed in the rush of her charge. The heat of shifting muscles, the necessity of their movement keeps her steady on direction, and her thought, her intentions clear. Delay the commander.

Since Faelene didn't expect Kri to stand still, giving her well enough warning, the red maned didn't have much difficulty pulling out of her first attempt. When there is energy rippling in the dusted hide in the form of dark creases of folds of skin, it's enough for Faelene to tilt her cranium, brace her knees, and slide between the trunks of trees, missing her target but well avoiding any complication. This was her element, the ground, the maze of trees, and the cold grip of the Basin. No, wide wings to catch on things. While Kri seemed swift in her movement, getting a head start, Faelene continued her pursuit. How often did she and Sielu make a game of chase through this place, through this scattered mess of nature. Now, without as much snow, it was a different world, but even more easy to navigate for the Basiner. The red maned wasn't brain dead, she was cautious in her jog, watching for the thick headed, and thick bodied Pegasus to unleash her own ideas. There would be bits of blond to reveal her, the flutter of feathers should she attempt to use them.

Run, she thought. Run, until you are tired and lost. Even if Kri escaped the thief, the commander would have to choose to help her allies or her own home. Something she would find out too late.

Ears hear the scuff of dirt, Faelene freezes her own movement, pulling her breath in if she is a dying corpse. Because like one she doesn't move, but listens, silver eyes titling in the light, trying to see the shape of the stocky mare. Faelene certainty hears her, aware she is making her own running assault. As appealing as it was to meet her head on, that strategy just wouldn't work. While another unicorn couldn't gain air, the red maned was certain Kri could or at least she would try. Coming up short again, would put her in a frustarted mood, one that could make her purpose blur. The seconds tick down, she prepares herself to be struck, because close quarters meant she had an equal chance of wounding. The dark lady forced herself to stand there, to keep taking in oxygen steadily. Then, there's the mass of the Pegasus, and the Unicorn decides to take a step back. Giving away her position, this was just the beginning.

Dark chocolate figure zones in on her, instead of bolting away Faelene takes the opportunity to stretch her front limbs, pulling herself toward the left side of Kri's running body. Every intention of getting close, she tilts her head, letting her horn threaten to scratch, while pulling her flank out of reach. Yet, she wasn't free of suffering. The hit she was waiting for happened. The blunt weight strikes against the crescent shape of the low part of her right hip, and teeth bear into the curve of her right hock where there is a little flesh covering the bone. Without thinking of anything, but getting rid of the pain she forcefully kicks her right leg back, and upward if stung by one nasty bee, the left following in a similar, but half delayed motion. The locks of her tail flick and twist like an angry whip. It always seemed her hind limbs took a beating, and she hoped Kri's face took one for this. A bitter, low scream rips from her throat, and she attempts to wheel her front around, letting her horn jut out.

[Word Count:633 Attack 2/4 Magic Use:0]

edenlore1234

Hidden Account
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute</style>

Not often do I take delight in injuring another being, but right now, as my ears settle down against my neck in determination, I feel the joy rising. For too long had I let the scum of the Basin take from my home, my allies, my heart. Was it not this pecky little crimson-maned bitch that came with the bay to plead for neutrality? I remember her now, looking so disdainfully down on me as I accused her kin of being the instigators. If I had any vindication, it would be now. The Basin if filled with nothing but liars, thieves, murderers, and whores. I am no longer frightened, just pissed off. Sugar coated words be damned. Even if I am too late, Psyche and her little play things would pay for their crimes. I will start with this girl who dares to stand in my way. She will be paying for ill-placed loyalty. I almost pity her.
Almost.

My shoulder connects, body short and stocky, even in length, when compared to my captor's. My body jars as it comes to a sudden halt against her body, but I am plenty thick and sturdy to weather such forces. Her step toward me does little to hinder my attack, and her horn captures little but a small portion on my right flank. The blade cuts into my flesh, but I do not feel the pain in the midst of my attacks, my fury. The blood spills onto a bay coat in the dark, but I do not feel it. I only feel the flesh that is grasped between my teeth as I grin viciously around her leg, attempting to hold on even as she kicks up, allowing my neck to be craned upward, feeling the painful rattle in my skull and spine as she does so. Her limb flails uncomfortably but ineffectively against my neck and upper chest. I sneer.
Yes, little girl, tear your legs away from me. Tear your precious ligaments and muscles and break your bones.
Render yourself useless. Please do.

Dark eyes snap shut as a tail reaches out for my face, not attempting to fight as the stain of crimson slaps me heavily. It is a terrible sting, to be slapped in the face by a tail, so I attempt to return the favor, blond tail reaching upward after the fleeing horn she had pressed into my flank. A bitch slap for a bitch slap. Nothing that would stop my opponent, but if I managed to destroy her back leg, that would not matter much anyway, now would it? As Faelene's hooves come down from her kick, I loosen my jaw's clamp, regardless of whether or not flesh still lingered there, but if it had come with me, it would be kept prisoner no longer.

I move forward, my hooves flashing out toward the dark right side, a cowkick as I move, hoping to hit her behind the shoulder, onto the sensitive portion of her ribs, our height difference likely bringing them closer toward her underbelly. If not able to crack her ribs, perhaps I could at least knock the breath out of her chest and render her useless for a few moments. Racing to my left, I attempt to clear myself of the range of her hooves, uncertain of the real damage done to her back leg, but my own ass starts to sting in the chill air. I curse under my breath, finally realizing the wound on my rump. I shoulder this pain, though, knowing that it is but a flesh wound - nothing to give in over.

Pivoting on swift limbs, I crane back around toward her, my body rustling as the wind catches through the trees, following me in quiet companionship. I begin to rush with it, forward toward the area she stood prior, hoping her injured leg keeps her from straying too far. I lift my upper end when I would come in range, my front legs extended toward the same area my cowkick had been aimed for, the sensitive area of lower ribs on the right side. Furious winds wrap around the area as well, tightening the pressure of the air around her throat and skull, hopefully choking her enough to still any movement. With any luck, this would be dual to the hit of my forehooves to her chest, pushing the air from both ends, over-expanding her lungs or larynx.

I am aware this could kill, but those who would threaten my family deserve death.
You should have chosen your loyalties more carefully; never trust a snake.

[ WC: 767; 2/4; MC: 1/2; Kri is using buffs SWIFT and NUMB. ]

Hidden Account
Sica

FAELENE

Being self-righteous was a disease. How often did she question if she was doing the right thing? This whole place was tormented with you're wrong, and I'm right. You started it! Like toddlers on the playground not seeing pass their own noses. How many times did she receive a wary glance for merely what she had been born as? Here, that hadn't changed.

Still, Faelene had never believed herself better than an anyone. She had never believed anyone deserved to die for what they were. It didn't take much for her to hate the Qian and Throat. Appointing themselves as the moral judges,rulers of Helovia, casting their own noses down upon a group of Unicorns at the time had done no harm. While she may very well know the dark intentions of the Plague now, it was perturbing,discouraging how the war had began long before blood shed. Without cause they rallied against them, as if they didn't deserve a home, unless they would fall beneath those who had seconds before written their death warrants over land. What a warped justice. In a short length of time it didn't take much to see no one would see pass a silver horn. So it became trading one snake for another, and she would stick with the less poisonous. Psyche didn't piss on her foot and tell her it was raining. In the end the Qian and Throat could believe all they wanted they were moral, justified. Faelene knew their kingdoms could burn down, and they would always plea ignorance of their own crimes, waging battles of pain and suffering for what they saw fit. All of this was set her blood like ice, and steel.

Yet, the Thief takes no satisfaction in her weapon finding skin. Another drop in the bucket is all it is. And in turn she is met with wiry blond strips, briefly slapping across her cheek, and she shields her own gaze at the prickle of pain. This wasn't a cat fight, but apparently all claws had come out. This is probably the only reasoning Kri was ever taught, and a snort loosened in the darkness.

The thrusts of her kicks appeared to have hit the hard wall of Pegasus, and her hinds limbs soon enough fall to the ground free of teeth. The right one is not unscathed. It severely feels like a burning fire, hot blood streaming down its length with the cold air intensifying it. Since her own limbs are of solid thickness, for the moment, only blood loss with a piece of skin, and hint of flesh is taken. Swelling would come later. Standing isn't impossible, but a point is taken not to draw hard upon it. In the next few seconds it's hard not too. A kick is aimed at her right shoulder.. How nice it would have been to have her armor to suffer these blows. It was gone, and the red maned shoves her front limbs from the earth to the left, spinning her hindquarters even further left. Simply not quick enough, dark hooves strike the lower part of her right breast, making her choke back one breath, shake her head in disgruntlement.

Standing, facing the enemy, the Thief holds her ground. Come at my face, I dare you. So, with the intensity of the wind the silver bay seems to charge forward, answering the silent challenge. The red maned guards her back, letting Kri make her lunge toward her right. At the same time Faelene cranes her neck, stabbing her horn to the right in a downward and sideways motion while lifting up both forelegs in an attempt to attack Kri's right shoulder, or better let her hooves crash atop her withers because of her short height. Almost like the time Deimos gives her taste of his magic, her breath was getting stolen, and the world wanted to go dark. The wind. It made sense Kri's powers would align with the moon. So did death matter by her magic or another? No, it didn't. Willing herself to hold against the ache in her heart, the heavier one in the side of her chest now twice struck, she pulled in a struggling wisp, and shut her eyes, imagining a quiet morning with a perfect lavender face, and the air calm. If she was going to die, she might as well remember the best reason she lived. It was there she found the spark. Touching her broken magic, she felt it forming into something solid, but this time it was very cold, and it didn't close around and protect her, it felt like it was shocking her veins while shoving the structure of itself away.

[Word Count:785 Attack 3/4 Magic Use:1/3]
I'm leaving it up to you Boom. I figure it could form around Kri instead (as that seems like an "opposite" or shove/somewhat strike against her. Either temporary of coarse. :| eep)

edenlore1234

Hidden Account
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute</style>

There are moments in life that you remember with perfect clarity. Today is one of those days. The throb of my heart in my ears, the slap of my hooves upon solid, frozen terrain, the whine of wind through my hair, the taste of iron in my mouth, the scent of pine and ice in my nares, and the vision of a certain dark colored mare in the night.
I do not know if it is some trick of the realm of Time locking in this memory so vividly, or just the intensity of my spirit in this day. However, I will never forget my battle with this shadow mare.
Regardless of the outcome, then, perhaps it is her victory to live on in my mind.
I do not like losing.

My legs smack upon her body, but if I make my mark or not is unclear. I do hear the gasp of a breath caught in her chest. I smile with murderous intent. All of my honor, my loyalty, and my strength, it rests upon the edge of a blade thrust by the Basin. If I cannot aid my allies, what use am I to them? If I cannot protect my herd, what good am I as their Commander? At the very least, this girl will understand my rage, my frustration. Stand in my way, and I will crush you. Surely, she understands.

I charge, watching the curve of her neck as she prepares her sword to slice my flesh. So be it. I do not hesitate, I do not falter, I continue my rush forward, the wind's whine growing to a dull roar as it races in front of me, breaking upon the tree trunks like a wave upon the shore.

Her horn skewers my right shoulder, I feel the bristling of pain upon my body. I feel the blood beginning to pull forward, unleashed, as her horn drags up with her body. She raises, though not far enough to be out of my reach, horn dragging up and out of my body, leaving behind a sizable gash drawing the pattern of her lift. I do not stop, nor falter, nor show any hint of the fact that I felt anything. Let her peel her face in agony; the most she will get from me is tacit acceptance of injury. I rise, ignoring the feeling of hooves displaced to the midsection of my barrel, my own forehooves plummeting forward. A feeling of flames on my back, a solid bruise on the muscles over my ribs later. A rocky expression, torn with determination and fire in my eyes, pushes through such distractions. The wind showing all of my ferocity, my anger, my frustration. My hooves hitting their mark. A small breath escaping her lips, my own curving upward in fiendish delight. Then, I feel it.

A pulse, radiating from her body, my hooves curving back down to the earth. I feel it shaking forward, the same barrier which had knocked me cold on the floor. The same, nattering sound of pure energy - spark. I am prepared this time, however, flaring my wings at last minute, possibly hitting her right barrel in the process, allowing myself to be blown backward, only having two hooves planted. I skid, unable to find traction on the permafrost, my wings barely able to keep me from toppling over as a wall of energy shoves me hard toward the left, leaving my body with an odd tingling sensation from head to hoof.

My forehooves land, my back end continues to slide until I am curved back to face toward the right side of Faelene, my eyes glinting with menacing fire. "The same trick will not work twice," I say, my tones gruff like a stallion, the winds racing back to follow me, rustling my mane in gentle reassurance. I quiver, either from the chill of the night or excitement, I am uncertain. "You would do better to get out of my way." Honesty. Did this girl really think she would stop me? Did she really think her loyalty would overcome my hatred in this moment?

Without waiting for her answer, I turn my body and race toward her right hind, hiding the pain of each step, unwilling to give in. I prepare my left shoulder to bulldoze into her flank, saving my injured shoulder the pain. I may be shorter, but I am but a tank of muscle. Years and years of fighting, training, and building upon myself. Whatever natural strength this girl had would simply not overcome my hard work. I would not allow it.
She would get out of my way or give in to me a bloodied mess. Her call.

[ WC: 789; 3/4; MC: 1/2; Kri is using buffs SWIFT and NUMB. ]

Hidden Account
Sica

FAELENE

A real victory would be the end of all the madness, and hate. When the sun would rise above the mountains and light up the world below with a new start. All Faelene could worry about was enjoying a day where time, race, and rank didn't matter. A part of her believed this was the way the Gods were damning them all. In this darkness, without guidance, and their own rules and moral codes. The ache in her chest, a sudden hindrance to her lungs, was all this worth it? Was it a step toward progress? The red maned had no idea how the efforts of the Basin were going. If they failed they would only be hated more, maybe obliterated for it all.
One by one, in small battles like this.

The wind brings to rip against ears, and tug at tendrils of crimson, making eyes start to water from its building strength. An invisible companion of the determined commander no longer seems the friend of the red maned. When the silver bay doesn't falter with the oncoming threat, Faelene is not surprised. Kri was set in her convictions, in doing what she must or she would not be the Resolute. Something she could admire, and hate her for. Was she herself that certain? Was this what she should do? How to make a change?

Again, another turn of the violet ballet begins and she feels her silver horn connect with skin and flesh, ripping its coarse upward. Nostrils fill with the rustic aroma of blood, and despite the swirling vortex beginning its crush she can't rid of that scent. It has always been overpowering ever since she came into this world, it was ironic how it followed her. Suddenly, the thump of silver hooves strong on a bay back seemed distance when being overwhelmed with the violet wind, the painful strike that had the rest of her chest feeling like she was submerged in a wave of hot rocks. Her brows set deeper against her eyes, lips in a stubborn line, trying to see through the intensify of the air, when her legs dropped to the tilting earth. She is trying to hold her fight, trying to hold on. Then dark face becomes a wince, and widened look without clarity because of the power.

Dying, she swiftly decided should be much easier then this. When her lungs were empty, when the shadows had began to blur she waited for the pain to be over. It continued to silently scream through each cell, because Faelene couldn't do anything but feel the electric sensation she had called upon, while her hooves dug through the dead grass into the damp ground, holding her up. With veins lit up like an over done Christmas tree,like the first time she had been given her magic, it was almost instant her silver eyes began to come in focus on the delicate cut outs of the trees. She caught the glimpse of feathers, and turned her head away, as the appendage struck her in the side of the top of her right shoulder, before being pushed away. New found strength in receiving breath, she focuses on the magic, turning her head to see the target, and continues to give the power life. The concentration knits her brows in deep furrow, watching it place Kri away. "I know," She only agrees, feeling it begin to fade and the taste of the broken power began to leave her vessels. While her chest was rather bruised from the force of hooves, Faelene doesn't crumble. The hind limb that had been bitten began to shake, but she faced her opponent with a steady look.

Hardly, her words left lips when the bull in Pegasus form charges. The direction leaves little doubt of the Throat leader's want to cripple her captor. Spinning her haunches to the right, she tries to leave Kri with nothing to hit. There is weakness in her joint, and Kri's pace rapid. Now, magic is not an option. Kri's shoulder rams into her right flank, and all the bones through her frame tingle and sear with pain. Faelene is shoved, stepping clumsily with blood squirting from her torn hock, hooves fighting against the slick moisture not to fall. Managing to force her weight into her front limbs in a short scramble, teeth grinding she continues to finish her circle. Then lowers her head, snaking her neck outward, aiming her horn to the right in a swift stabbing motion, hoping to hit the already wounded neck, or leave a mark in the chest, or possible shoulder should the commander still be near her right side. Such a hit needed an answer, and while she could force her body forward she would.

[Word Count:795 Attack 4/4 Magic Use:1/3]

edenlore1234

Hidden Account
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute</style>

The brush of feathers against a silken black coat, I feel it before the violent shove. Halting upon my limbs after the energy dissipates, I look forward with dark eyes, noting the stupid stubborn resolve on her face. She offers what sounds a half-hearted answer, despite staying to be my target for anger, revenge, vehemence. I am the Resolute, so I should understand. I try to place myself back, back before my time at the helm of Helovia. I remember facing the Steadfast in our invasion of the Cliffs. I remember losing. I remember my stupid hope to win. I understand.
Still, now I understand the perspective of one I simply could not before - Adalwulf. How he must have thought me a skull full of feathers in that situation.
I understand, but I still cannot relent.

My breath begins to feel heavy in my chest as I run, the adrenaline or my anger finally beginning to wane. Perhaps understanding the bitch was the last thing I needed. I smile quietly to myself, but I do not slow. I race forward, the pain of my injuries pounding with my hooves, my shoulder diving into her flank, feeling her give way like a sapling. I feel no victory anymore. I feel as though I am fighting the shadow of my former self, with all of my conviction and belief poured into the pegasus of Isilme. How stupid I had been, but had I not been right? My kin were strong, despite the opinion of others at the time. I could not doubt that Faelene and her kin were strong, for was that not why I was pushing so hard to aid my companions?
I was scared of what they might do, but she would never know that. Not if I had a say, anyway.

Because of the little resistance offered from her limbs, I feel no shaking recoil, only the force of the sudden impact on my shoulder before she fell away. My speed is not slowed, not until I see the barb of a horn stretched out before me, wings flaring up and out, knees locking and hind end dropping. I call upon the wind to propel backwards, filling the sails of my feathers with opposing force which slows, but not fast enough. The stab is missed, saving me from a deep painful stick, undoubtedly, but instead my slide continues because of the poor tract of the frosty grounds, upper left shoulder brushing against the blade, a gash tearing forth in the muscle, a matching scar upon both sides. The pain joins that caused by the rattling of my limbs and legs, feeling my force done unto myself. Retribution for Faelene, I suppose.

I snort, surprised by her sudden tactics, though I am uncertain why it caught me off guard. Has she not been trying to stick me like a bug this whole fight? Angrily, my teeth snap after her horn, her face, hoping to grab hold of something before I throw my head down to tear flesh, break keratin, or look ridiculous, depending on my catch. Releasing my possible grasp upon a horn, I then shift my weight fully onto my hind, curving in a smooth pivot toward the right, kicking out with my back legs once my forehooves meet the ground once more. I do not know what the aim would be, likely a her right shoulder or neck.

Those feelings I have tried to ignore for the better part of this battle come to life with sinking clarity. The gash upon my shoulders, the bruises upon my body, the soreness of limbs, and the aching caused by the cold air. I close my eyes and try to scurry away from her side, hoping that when I turn back around she will no longer be standing.
Denial can only carry you so far.

[ WC: 645; 4/4; MC: 1/2; Kri is using buffs SWIFT and NUMB. ]

Hidden Account
Sica

FAELENE

The cold air was beginning to feel like shards of ice in her throat, cutting in the edges of her lungs that burned for more air she couldn't quite give them enough of. With no injury the rush of her body would have made it hurt too, but the recent trauma of temporary suffocation made it more terrible. A wheeze began to squeeze out behind her teeth. It was only the lack of wind that assured her Kri wasn't trying to kill her...again. Least not in the same fashion. Yet, the sweat on her neck, dripping down the front of her chest was becoming frost itself. How long could she keep the Resolute from obtaining freedom?

Catching pneumonia and dying later was a very stupid price when success on the other end of the spectrum wasn't a guarantee. She knew this was more than an act of loyalty. It was a testament to herself to see what she was made of, and about past conflict she needed to let go or embrace full heartedly. Now was the battle she had known was coming, spilling blood with the Commander herself. Was it crazy this single battle could change her for the worse or better? Faelene felt the idea as a fuzzy thing, trying to hide in the shadows of her mind in denial with the fog that was her tired head. She knew it was true. She was searching for an omen, good or bad for purpose and truth. From the day the Throat,Foothills, and Qian had attacked them there had begun a quiet rage, resentment, and spite. She wanted them to have things taken from them, their world crushed. Other prisoners added fuel, new sets of ambushes leading her to her own action. Still, she struck her hooves hard into the dead ground, doing her best not to fall from the strike, and she couldn't help but think what was she accomplishing? Only time for the Basin warriors? A partially surprised, disoriented herd without a leader? One less Pegasus to fall upon them? Win or lose would this change the big picture?

Unknowing of Kri's full stamina it was Faelene's belief the silver bay will plow her to the ground if she could. The edge of her horn does its job, protecting her from more force, more pain. Cutting like a knife against a brown coat, but she wouldn't see the ugly mark. Silver eyes see hints of a storm sky in Kri's face, the glimmer of white teeth flashing above her eyes. Instincts screaming, she tries to snap her face away. The Thief isn't as quick as the seasoned warrior, and feels the slightest grip upon her horn, just below the tip. It gives Kri leverage to force the dark lady's head downward, leaving light ridges of the Commander's teeth in the weapon, and a headache from hell pulsing to the middle of a forehead beneath white tipped bangs. Faelene doesn't fight it at first. When thinking how easily the Pegasus could use her weight to crush it from her skull it puts her in a mode of desperation, and she begins to concentrate, feeling the invisible pulse. To her surprise the throb isn't gone, but the force is released. Looking through curtain of crimson mane, there is blur of chocolate, a streak of tinged white. Knowing that can mean only one thing, Faelene makes a feeble lunge to the left, trying to escape it, but the tips of hooves clip into the right part of her lower neck. She can feel her muscles contract, ready for another blow. There is none, and compared to the other hits, this one will probably be the most temporary throb.

So carefully, she tips her head, seeing the winged warrior start to rush the other way,and Faelene lets her for now. There is no more want to chase, and crippling her wounded leg wasn't worth it. Whether Kri got away or not, Faelene had tried to do her part for her General and Lady. She had faced Kri not as a snake in the grass, but a visible force of her own hellbent ways. Even if she felt her tired eyes ready to drop, her body still trembling from the heavy pain that nestled uncomfortably in her chest, shoulder, neck, and newly carved leg, she would live at least for now.

[Word Count:732, Closing Defense, Magic Use:1/3 ]

edenlore1234

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official

KRI | FAELENE
- - - - -
By my verdict KRI is the winner.

FAELENE -- post 1 (attack only)

[Realism]
+ 1| Attack: Horn to Kri's right flank.

[Prose]
+ 1| Easy Read.
+ 1| Flow.
+ 1| Emotion.

KRI -- post 1

[Realism]
+ 1| Past Experience: Vikram Spar - terrain comparison.
+ 1| Defense: Dodging around the tree
+ 1| Attack: Kri's right shoulder into Faelene's right flank
+ 1| Attack: Bite to Faelene's right hock-area

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion: I could almost laugh. These fucking people, always trying to shove their words between my shoulders.
+ 1| Flow:
+ 1| Easy read:

FAELENE -- post 2

[Realism]
+ 1| Injury: Avoiding Kri's tree defense.
0| Injury: Bite to the hock - there is no mention of whether this breaks the skin, or how much pain it causes - only that Faelene wants to get rid of the pain as quickly as possible. Also, if Faelene were to move to Kri's left side - since Kri is coming head on with the intent for her right shoulder to hit Faelene's right side, I don't see how Kri could have hit Faelene's RIGHT hip - it be her left.
+ 1| Attack: Bucking out towards Kri's face
0| Attack: Horn Jab? I couldn't tell if this was an attack, since Faelene just 'wheels around' - there's no mention if this is supposed to be an offensive or defensive maneuver.
+ 1| Attack: Tail whipping towards Kri's face.

[Prose]
0| Flow: This was difficult for me to get through - I had to re-read your defense/attack section a few times to visualize what was going on.
0| Emotion: Lots of Faelene reacting to Kri - which is great! But not as much emotion - try to find a balance! :)
- 1| Easy Read: A lot of your sentences were choppy with some grammatical errors- which threw off the lovely prose of this. pulling her breath in if she is a dying corpse..or would put her in a frustarted mood

KRI -- post 2

[Realism]
+ 1| Injury. Horn to her right flank - good use of Numb here.
- 1| Dropped attack: Faelene kicks with both hooves - but you only mention one Her limb flails uncomfortably but ineffectively against my neck and upper chest.
+ 1| Defense: BITCH SLAP FOR A BITCH SLAP. xD - returned tail whip.
+ 1| Attack: Cowkick to Faelene's right shoulder.
+ 1| Attack: Front hooves to right shoulder
+ 1| Attack: Wind attack.

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion: ...it is but a flesh wound I lol'd
+ 1| Easy Read:
+ 1| Flow

FAELENE -- post 3

[Realism]
+ 1| Injury: Tail whip to the face.
0| Defense: Spinning to the left - kick to the right part of her chest. Again, no mention of pain or bruising/breaking the skin, etc.
+ 1| Attack: Slashing her horn and rearing to try and hit Kri's shoulder.
- 1| Dropped Attack: No mentioned of Kri's attack hitting (I don't know if this was supposed to be it: the heavier one in the side of her chest now twice struck ?)
+ 1| Injury: Wind attack, cutting off her air supply
+ 1| Previous Experience: Deimos showing his magic.
+ 1| Attack: Broken Magic Sheild

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Flow:
+ 1| Easy Read:

KRI -- post 3

[Realism]
+ 1| Injury: Horn to the right shoulder
+ 1| Injury: Hooves to Kri's barrel
+ 1| Attack: Wing flail towards Faelene's right side
+ 1| Injury: Broken magic sheild pushing Kri away
+ 1| Attack: Left shoulder into Faelene's right hind

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Easy Read.
+ 1| Flow.

FAELENE -- post 4

[Realism]
0| Injury: Kri's wing to Faelene's right shoulder - no mention of pain again! Especially since Faelene's right shoulder area has been attacked multiple times this fight, I would think even a wing brushing against it would be really irritating.
- 1| Defense: Faelene's hind end moving right to "give Kri nothing to hit". I didn't understand this tactic at all. If Kri's left shoulder is aiming for Faelene's right hind quarter, spinning to the right wouldn't eliminate a target, and it would, all things being equal, cause Kri to hit someone on Faelene's left side - but you take the damage further up on her right?
+ 1| Attack: Continuing the circle and trying to stab Kri.

[Prose]
- 1| Flow: Kri's magic can only last 20 seconds, so I found it distorting to see how dramatic you made the effects.
- 1| Easy Read: I had to stop a number of times to re-read sections here.
+ 1| Emotion.

KRI -- post 4

[Realism]
+ 1| Previous experience: losing in Isilme. D:
+ 1| Defense: Using the wind to slow Kri - injury to her left shoulder.
+ 1| Attack: Biting at whatever is in reach.
+ 1| Attack: Pivoting and kicking towards her right shoulder/side

[Prose]
+ 2| Emotion: ALL THE FEELS!! Perhaps understanding the bitch was the last thing I needed.
+ 1| Easy Read.
+ 1| Flow

FAELENE -- post 5 (defense only)

[Realism]
+ 1| Injury: Kri grabbing Faelene's horn and forcing her head down.
+ 1| Defense: Rolling left to try and avoid Kri's kick - getting on on her neck.

KRI

[Bonus]
+ 2| Breed Comparison: The differences in body mass as well as height, were well used this fight.
+ 2| Surroundings: I like how you let them play to both Kri's strengths and weaknesses.

[Injuries]
+ 1| Least Injured

[Creativity]
+1 Battle for the Cliffs.

Comments: ALL THE FEELS WHEN KRI WAS TALKING ABOUT THE CLIFFS. I remember losing. I remember my stupid hope to win. I understand AHHHH.

FAELENE

[Bonus]
+ 1| Breed Comparison.
+ 2| Surroundings: Great work using the Basin to Faelene's advantage!

[Injuries]

[Creativity]
+ 1| Nice use of broken magic!

Comments: I would recommend reading your posts - possibly outloud even, after you write them. Some of your sentences came across really choppy and disjointed when I was reading them. However, if I stopped myself and tried to read them more...poetically/with emphasis, I understood more of the flow you were trying to achieve ( I think) - but none the less that makes the fight as a whole, harder to read.

TOTAL
Kri - 86
Faelene- 68

image credit to Paulo Brandão