the Rift

[OPEN] the world is waiting [open]

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

Its been seven months since I was born, at least that's what Momma said. Its been kind of hard to know how many days, weeks, seasons have gone by since the world became shrouded in darkness. I know one thing for sure, though. I'm growing up! Slowly but surely, I'm growing up. I'm starting to get all muscley, my wings feel like they're getting stronger every day, and my hair is growing longer and longer. I can't wait until my hair is as long at Momma's. Right now its in that awkward stage between being long and silky and fuzzy like a newborn foal's. Not exactly a look I like, but Momma and Auntie Kota both say I'm pretty even with fuzzy (sometimes) hair.

Momma's been really busy with her leader stuff and I've been missing my dad and big brother Cera so I decided to go and see them myself because I am a big girl now. And it's not like it's completely dark at night anymore, the moon and the stars are back and there are still those weird lantern trees that light up paths. I am not scared of the dark. Nope. Not I. Those strange sounds that are all around me don't scare me either. I'm only running because I can't wait to see my daddy again.

"Daddy!" I yell when my cloven toes cross the border into his dusty home. "Daaaaaaaaaad!" I yell for him again and begin to gradually slow down from the fast pace I had been going at for most of the trip. I feel it now, how hot I am. My sides are probably lathered with sweat and the dust will probably stick to me and make me look brown instead of black and gold. I shuffle my wings and look around, ears pricked forward as I listen for him. In my excitement to see dad I can say that I lost my patience and showed more of my mother in me than I normally do. I snort and stamp a golden hoof into the dirt. "Cera! Where are you? Dad?"

Momma always said not to go too far into the Throat without daddy or Cera with me, but I don't want to wait out here on the border, and it's not because I still hear those weird noises. The decision was easy to make and I strolled boldly into the Throat still calling for my dad and Cera

"."

Image Credits

@[Midas]
@[Cera]
and open to anyone else who wants to post c:

aud pixel!
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
I always thought about them. When asleep, when awake. It was there, like a permanent drug upon the mind. My beautiful family, split by fate and choice. Split because neither hardheaded parent would yield to the side of the other; yet, we continued to love. A strong tether held our souls, that harness was a daughter….

Beautiful, sweet Ranjiri. She had grown like Cera and with each new inch I felt my heart tug upon freshly mended seams. I couldn’t be around for each growing stage, the weight of such a choice was heavy. Despite the purest of intentions, I was living a double life. One filled with the wide eyes of children, and my beloved mistress. The other, a herd, the heartbeat of this desert. Neither could be ignored, and neither would. I visited often, though, lately it had become harder and harder to slip away. Kri had gone missing and a dozen other distresses were slowly befalling our clan. Fina flew with me, her comforting chirps often the only thing that kept me from screaming in rage at heaven. That simple orange creature, alongside Cera--had helped maintain some semblance of sanity.

Quietly we flew along the empty starlit sky in a comfortable silence. Every so often our eyes would spot something amiss, a shadow here and there. Nothing out of the ordinary. Finally, I broke the silence and whispered to the only one that was close enough to hear, “I miss them…” Fina, being the brasher of us two, wheezed shrilly and said, “See them!”

Rims twisted from their sternly held line into a distasteful frown, “You know it’s not that easy,” I murmur with mixed disappointment and regret. She cooed mockingly and said again, “See them!” It was then that Fina finally revealed something she could see ahead of us, far off in the distance. The eyes of a Pegasus would never match the gaze of a raptor in this mythical darkness.

A voice whispered on the wind, both ears rose to catch the sound with perked eagerness. Hope. "Daaaaaaaaaad!" For a moment her voice didn’t register, it bounced in my head for a moment. Dumbfounded I shifted one eye to stare at a rather amused firebird. “Ranjiri!” I mouthed and Fina dipped her head, a birdlike version of what we would call a nod.

Her voice came again, insisting. Lips parted and a rich trumpet emerged, a response to her cries. Dual sunkissed appendages pushed harder, speeding my body across the sandy dunes and over to the border she was likely stuck at. Soon a shape came into sight, Fina veered off, circling higher to give us a moment of privacy. I tilted toward earth, pressing forelimbs out to meet the ground. Wings shifted into a hard backpedal at the very last moment, this gave a smooth landing. Ranjiri looked tired and dirty, she must have run awhile.

I was breathing harder now, though to say it was from extra exercise would be false, “Ranjiri,” I breathed, a combination of being relieved to see her yet also worried of her intentions, “Are you well? Is your Ma well?”It was hard to hide the unspoken fear that fluttered in my breast like a caged bird.

Bottomless gaze did a complete check of all physical marks upon her flesh, searching for signs of abuse or malnourishment—signs of trouble. Gaze flicked to her face after a moment, I pulled my muzzle closer to run down her lean neck and growing spine. Her little horn had begun to sprout and already fight feathers were coming in, soon even the baby smell would vanish.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

"Daaaaaaaad!" Where was he? I scuffed one of my weird cloven hooves in the dirt, eyeing the two gouges my toes left as I waited for him to answer. It wasn't like him to keep me waiting for so long. It sucked a little bit, I'll admit. I was starting to get impatient, which is something I guess I got from my Momma. She has very little patience. No, scratch that, she has absolutely no patience. It shows in her eyes more than anything when she's getting angry. I wonder if it shows on my face, but I've never gotten angry before. At least not that I can remember.

A rush of air from above me scared the bejeesus out of me, but when I looked up I saw my dad swooping down and his companion circling in the dark sky above me. I smiled as I watched him. Someday I would be able to fly and instead of running all the way to the Dragon's Throat instead of running all the way. "Daddy!" I said after he said my name. I moved quickly toward him and rubbed my cheek on his shoulder.

"Are you well? Is your Ma well?"

"I'm fine and Momma's fine. I just missed you and wanted to come and visit." Daddy worries more than my Momma does over if I've got any cuts or bruises. Momma says little bumps and cuts and scrapes aren't life threatening and nothing to cry over. They're all part of growing up. I pressed my muzzle against Daddy's cheek and nudged his head away from inspecting me. "I'm fine, dad." I said again and gave him a bright smile. "I promise."

Image Credits

@[Midas]
and open to anyone else who wants to post c:

aud pixel!
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
Fina remained airborn, her fireless wings knitting tight circles up high. Watching for danger while I occupied myself with the golden heart that stood before me. Ranjiri didn’t appear wounded, or even tired. I smiled as she pushed me away from my inspections and denied being injured or otherwise in trouble. Relaxing visibly when she smiled I nodded and gave up the hunt. Still though, I couldn’t stop staring at her rare beauty only found in one other being on this planet. A mirror of both parents, a mirror of the loved we shared for a single moment.

Precious. A gem worthy of a crown made in the purest of gold.

There would be young boys after her heart and soon she would be grown.

“I’ve missed you little wings,” gently I kissed her forehead and pulled away. She was so young, too young to be traveling the distance between Foothills and Throat, “Since you’re here let’s get you something to eat and perhaps find Cera?” Ktulu wouldn’t be happy to find her babe transporting herself across the valley—without a chaperon. I didn’t know how long Ranjiri was going to visit, but I was happy to have her here. Fina came forward in my mind, whispering, “Is she alright?” I smiled and said through our bond, “Aye, she is fine.” My companion was usually very hardnosed about the relationship I had with Ktulu, but she always had a very special spot in her heart for children. Especially mine. She didn’t say it aloud but I could feel her anxiety toward the love of my mate and myself. The pain to come.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]