the Rift

[OPEN] Oh God, I Think I'm Dying

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I didn't like the world now. Mom isn't doing what is needed now, attempting a rebellion. I know this too well, and my soul drifts away from home further than I would like. I find myself searching out Amara, maybe even Tonka. I wanted to find someone to listen to the my lost cries, to take in my worries and listen to me. Even at this young age, I debate my leaving. The desert sands do not bother me, and as I stood near the cave that night, listening to their voices and hating every single one of them, it broke. The bond between the Assassins and myself shattered like a poorly made piece of glass. After the winged mare who rescued me stepped in, I ran through the mush, heading ever south, following the path of the Unicorns. I wanted Tonka, I wanted my Uncle with every bit of my soul. I need to apologize for these mistakes, because I secretly know they're my fault. One way or another, they are. The guilt inside me surges like storm waves, and as I run, I search for a single soul I'm sure I'm never going to him again.
Daddy.
Sand gathered in my hooves as I ran, heading into the desert where the night was almost as cold as at the Arch. My mind can no longer process what the Arch is and where it is, all I can remember of home being the cold air that constantly plagued it. One stride forward and I stumble, falling into the dust of the ground below. Sharp pains overtake my skin as I attempt to regain balance, to head even further south. South is where life seems to lack the cruelty I face now. Whenever I passed the Edge, the fighting I could even through the mists reminded of me of mistakes. Mistakes everyone makes, and the one I am sure not making at this time.
My hooves work with me finally as I regain my balance and return to the galloping across the sand, though now it isn't galloping, it's cantering. Slowly it becomes a trot, and then a walk, and soon, I'm dragging myself through the darkness in a place that seems to never end. A light that reminds of me of a fire burns miles away in the distance, reaching up into the sky. My eyes can only see the faintest shimmer of that light, it barely even bringing me in. It's miles away, at least a good fifty miles away from me. If I ran for hours, I might reach a bit light of it, but no, my body isn't prepared for that idea yet. Ahead of me stands a dead tree with grasses growing thin around it, though water is clearly lacked. A drink would be nice, though when I wasn't able to find any water at home, I ate snow. There was nothing more I could do than just fall before that tree and rest.
Inside my stomach, there is a rumble. 'Mommy's milk, please.' is what it seems to ask me. Others ate grass, and I knew already there was no chance of finding any milk near by, definately Mom's. The idea of her made me want to eat the grasses near me even more. I lowered my mouth towards it, mouth open and teeth prepared as I took one nibble. The taste clearly wasn't acceptable for me as I almost couldn't swallow it down. Hunger was a bitch, and I needed food. There wasn't a chance that I could get home now, I was just too far.
This was about the time the tears began rolling from my blue eyes, the pale light from my horn bringing light to the area. My sobs couldn't be contained, and as I cried, there was just a single word inside my sobs.
"Daddy......" .

OOC: She's north of the Throat, but only close enough to see a dim glow from the fire.
Open to anyone to come in, though I would like it if @[Roy] and @[Amara] came in as well.

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark
Amara
Walking along, far from home, Sameira at my side, I feel a warm breeze. Despite the sun having vanished, magic was at work here. The warm wave melted away the icy cold snow, revealing the lovely plants beneath. So I marched around, my legs being tickled by the grass as I walk along, Sameira tagging along behind me, her pink tongue lolled out. I reach a nice point, close to a desert that gives off a faint light. Although it was a little far off, I could tell it was a desert due to the barren red landscape that was faintly visible. The Heart was behind me, a faint warm glow on my chestnut body. Sameira started barking, hints of desperation in her bark. Looking at her, I watched as she bolted forward, approaching an odd shady figure that stuck out of the grassy landscape. She raced towards it, barely allowing me to register what was happening. Launching myself forward, I could see a small shape. But I didn't know if it was real or not, a hallucination or something real. Until I got closer that is.

It was Sia all right, looking thin and hungry. I frowned, watching her eat grass, her expression showing displeasure. She clearly wasn't used to eating the grass like I was. I had forced myself to eat grass after I left the pirates, even if I wasn't supposed to at the time. Sure, it made me a little sick every once and a while, but my body had gotten used to it. I looked at Sia, letting her munch on the coarse grass for another moment, walking to her side. She muttered something as I did. "It didn't look like you're enjoying that much..." I smiled a little, looking at her. "I swear it gets better, you just have to find the tasty grass. This stuff is just a little coarse... it's dry and not super tasty." I pointed out, trying to help her out. It was then I saw the sparkle of crystalline tears, my smile fading. "Sia? What's wrong? Why are you crying?" I moved in closer, worry slithering into my gaze. In a friendly gesture, I leaned over to catch her falling tears from her cheek. Worry engulfed me, swallowing me whole. "Why are you crying Sia? Please.. please don't cry." I muttered, drawing away my nose. I kept my eyes on her, Sameira whimpered at my feet. She approached Sia, sniffing her and nudging her, hoping to soothe her.

I wished to know why my dear friend was crying, why she was so down. Was it something her mother had said? Her father? Or was it just life itself, playing evil, devilish tricks on my dear friend? Certainly the gods would not allow it! Why, if I could, I would storm up there to the heavens, and ask them why they've done this. Why they've allowed fate to be so cruel. Why they've let it hurt my companion so. I looked at Sia, moving myself closer to her, trying to comfort her in any way I can.
@[Roy] & @[Sikeax] < / 3

Roy Posts: 22
Dragon's Throat Stallion atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4 [ages in frostfall] HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon

Actions | "Speech" | Thought

"Daddy..."

The hiccuped word tore at the stallions eardrums. Maybe he had not been in plain sight, but he had been in the vicinity to see her running as fast as her legs could carry her. He had recognized her as she ran blindly passed him and had raced after her at a gallop, following behind her so that she wouldn't see him immediately. When she stopped, so did he, and he remained a good 20 yards away, watching her graze on grass and before he could step forwards and make his presence known, another horse had come. A mare not much older than his own daughter, a dog running at her side.

"Sia..." he nickered to get her attention. "Don't cry little one. Daddy's here." He approached her slowly and nuzzled her back with his muzzle. She had grown into a bright young filly since last he had seen her- a budding beauty that he felt the strongest desire to protect. Whatever had caused the tears to stream down her cheekbones, would meet his wrath by the days end. For now, he tried his best to comfort her, his ears flickering at the sound of the other filly talking. So they were friends. That was good. Sia needed friends.

He looked over the strange filly more closely. The first thing he noticed was that she was a pegasus. He gave a mental shrug, some horses would cringe at the racial crossover, but he didn't really care, in all honesty. He straightened and looked down at the two fillies. "Where's your mother? Why are you out here alone?" Again. He added the word mentally, but didn't voice his agitation.

Sikeax, played by Katie
Amara, played by Dark
<3

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

In the dark, I might as well as be a wonderful guiding light. It's known that I can keep a good, happy-go-lucky spirit in my days with Amara and Uncle Tonka, but now, its about time that things fall down. Adrixaura isn't my mother anymore, there isn't much might in my young soul to notice that she wasn't very good at the task. Now, there was souls coming to me, someone that I always wanted around, and the other someone who was always their for me when I needed them.
The tears in my eyes were blinked out as Amara and Sameira came towards me, Ara seeming her usual self. When the grass pooled in my stomach, the annoyance it brought seemed to fade lightly, and I went back for more. Adrixaura's milk was useless to me by this time, having no intentions of ever calling her that word anymore. She wasn't worthy of that name when she resulted in my pains.
A paw brushed against me, soothing and relaxing. Instantly, I knew it was Sameira's. The Hellhound swept out the pain for mere seconds, my friend's voice bringing reassurance to me. Did she ever know of her? Had I even spoken of anyone of my family other than Tonka? Daddy never seemed to come up in our conversations as much as he came into my mind, therefore I doubted she knew of him. She spoke again, worry tinting her voice. Had I caused an unneeded burden to my best friend? If so, she had no reason to carry it whatsoever. "I feel as if I have every reason to..... Adrixaura, my mother-" The word seemed foreign to my voice now, as if my body didn't even want to say that word anymore. "She left, and came back with wounds. We were reunited only for her to bring a golden stallion to me, as if I was to consider him my father. Then, she tried to take over the Assassins. I don't want her anymore. I don't want to live there anymore."
My voice was lifeless, the sobs choked and pushed down into my throat where they formed into a large knot. Breathing seemed so difficult, having pressure added to my windpipe. I felt crushed, as if death was going to come to me at this young age. The distant light in the distance seemed so far away now, and when I could catch glimpses of it, the glow reminding me of my horn, of Daddy.
As life wanted to send me a reminder of things, there was feeling of a different flesh on my back. The first reaction that came to me that it was Amara, trying to comfort me, yet the silver glow that now basked upon her told me it wasn't her, or me. What really brought me back that night with my tears drowned me in an ocean, was a voice.
That voice was one I wanted to hear everyday, one that when there was trouble would be able to run it away. The word that rode that voice with a strong vengence was 'Daddy, and by that time I knew who it was exactly.
Daddy.
He had come as if my soft spoken word was summoning him. Later on, I could try it on more often, just to see if it would work. I could never accept the idea that he came out of nowhere, but just the fact that he was there, oh, that was a miracle. His first thing to do was to complain over Adrixaura, apparently not taking too much notice to Amara and Sameira. "Daddy....? Is it you? Adrixaura, she messed up everything. She came back with wounds and a weird golden stallion who acted as if he wanted me to have him as my dad. I don't want him to be you! I want you to stay my Daddy! Please don't make me go back there!"
Suddenly, I might of been pretty rude to Amara as of not introducing her to Daddy, but they would probably figure each other out at some point. Tears had returned to my face now, and lucky for us, we remained the only ones in the darkness, the pair of faint glows coming Daddy and I's horns illumiating us in this cold. Somehow, I know I'm going to end up going back home, the exact place I don't need to be.

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark
Amara
Poor, poor Sia.

She was obviously suffering emotionally. I had no way to help her, to heal her. I could only offer her morale support, for I couldn't get inside to sew up the horrible wounds. I brushed my dark muzzle across her shoulder, showing her that I was there, hoping to reassure her. She spoke of her mother, speaking as though that word... that name was a foreigner to her tongue. I frowned, looking at her. "At least you actually have a mother, Sia. I'm stuck without one, and it's my fault she died. You're lucky to have a mother in the flesh and blood, a mother whose warm touch you can actually feel. My mother... I can only-" I cut myself off, not wanting to tell Sia about my mental issues. I was afraid she might think of me as a freak show if I did, afraid she might reject me if I tell her.

In the next few moments Sia told me her mother had returned with wounds and a golden stallion, wishing to take over the Assassins. Frowning, I snorted. I didn't respond to her, for I had no reason to, no words to say. Sameira stood at our hooves, whimpering. She pressed her wet little nose towards Sia's leg, gazing up at her.

There was a shadow that loomed over me, and at first Sameira growled, unsure of the stranger. She moved under Sia, yapping like mad. I looked up at the stallion, flattening my ears. I remained that way, afraid the stallion was here to harm us. But when Sia said daddy, I froze. This... was her father? I looked him up and down, backing up briefly. Sameira backed up into me, still unsure about the stranger. Sia said the exact same thing to her father, begging not to go back there. Her father asked where her mother was. But he looked at me at the same time. I didn't talk though, my lips sealed tight.

Roy Posts: 22
Dragon's Throat Stallion atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4 [ages in frostfall] HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon

Actions | "Speech" | Thought

Roy kept a perfect poker face, however, his insides were boiling. Adrix had tried to do WHAT?! His eyes narrowed a tiny bit and he looked away from Amara, so that she did not feel as though he were glaring at her. Making his mind up within seconds, Roy decided to do the thing he should have done when he met up with Sia in the darkness. With any luck, she would never see her mother again, but by her attitude, that sounded like exactly what she wanted.

"Sia, don't worry. I'm not going to take you back to her. instead, I'm going to take you with me. You'll have to learn to eat grass, but I believe it'll be a fair exchange. Would you like that?" He asked, trying to keep his inner rage out of his voice with moderate success. Adrix had ruined his daughters life by doing as she pleased without thinking of how her daughter felt about it. Worse still, she had attempted to replace him with some other stallion as if that would have worked. Clearly it hadn't if Sia was running away from home. He didn't intend to let her run away by herself. The earth and the moon gods were back, but the world was still seeped in darkness- despite the moon and the return of life to Helovia, it still was not quite safe enough for her to move about by herself.

Thus, if she agreed, and e had a sneaking suspicion she would, he would take her away from this place and raise her just as his father had raised him. She would learn to carry a beat and rap, and she'd be taught to defend herself as well as any stallion when she was old enough. There was so much he wanted to teach her, to show her, about his life and about her future in general. And with these thoughts rose all the reasons why he had stayed away thus far. He was terrified that, when she got to know him, she would see how far short of perfect he fell, and she would no longer look up to him or love him like she seemed to now. He was afraid that he would fail her as a father, and it was this insecurity that had driven him away.

It was something he would need to get over if she was to be following after him from now on. He raised his head to look at Amara once more and his ears pricked as he noticed she had backed up warily. He couldn't blame her for being cautious. He was an adult, and he was a stranger. His mask broke as he smiled at her. "Hello, there. I'm Roy, Who are you, are you a friend of my daughter's?" He asked, not unkindly.

Sikeax, played by Katie
Amara, played by Dark