the Rift

The Newcomer

Celeste Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
My tall white frame stood at the edge of the dark forest, gazing into the shadows. The moon casted spells through the holes in the tree limbs, shining purple rays against the muddy ground. Plants grew along the borders of the forest, but they seemed to like as if dying right after they had sprouted. Didn’t the sun rise at all? Or was it an endless night within the forest territory?

But I wouldn’t let the poor things die though. I sucked in the air, filling my lungs with cool wind. I slowly let the air pour out of my maw, but it never seemed to go through the border between the meadow and forest, as if something was in the way blocking it. What?! My magic never does that! My dome tilted to a the right a bit as I retried to revive the plants, but again, nothing happened.

This is a little too weird for me. I thought to myself and stepped into the deep forest. As I walked a little closer to what I thought was the middle of the endless forest terrain, a deer jumped over a log and ran away, scarring me half to death. ”Hello? Anyone around?” I called out, my voice bouncing off the trees as it echoed through the forest.

My legs collapse out from under me, my frame falling against the nasty ground, mud squirting everywhere. I was weak and tired, I didn't know how much longer my little, but long, legs could take me. Hopefully someone would find me in this darkness, for my shinning coat stood out against the moonlight that covered my soft body.