the Rift

this one's a fighter

Aiyana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The sun rose high and unforgiving in the sky, draining the life out of the ground below and turning the trees into matches and the underbrush into nothing more then kindle ready to take flame. One small spark was all it would take for the forest to catch fire. Aiyana gracefully entered the shade of the trees, swaying footfalls taking her deeper into the mysterious woods. The shade provided slight relief from the sun still, Aiyana's golden coat shinned with a thin layer of sweat. Her endless, golden legs carried her confidently across the uneven ground; her pale, spiral horn raised high towards the sun. Her deep havel eyes shone like fire, as the forest opened up to a burnt section, a whole new landscape unfolding around her. The area wasn't very large, only a few yards across, but maybe a mile in lengh.

Like a tiger, Aiyana's golden coat shined with the warmth of direct sun against the grey background as she stepped into the burnt clearing. Her hoolves carefully stepping onto the ash covered ground, carrying her across towards the other side of the shaded forest. The air here was tainted with the scent of ash and smoke, hot and dry, suffocating. Though burnt, this land hinted to what had been florishing. Vegatation of the likes which she had not seen, far more then what had been in her homeland even on the day she was born. This is what she left to find, this is what her parents had failed to find. If only she could find the heart of this land, where the light may not hit so harshly. This land still had life intact and that was all she needed to know to countinue farther.

Her eyes burned with determination as she made her way to the other side of the clearing. There sat a pond, dusty and dry except for a small puddle of water that gathered at the bottom. She bent her golden neck down and bathed her mouth in the life giving liquid, her mane like the rays of the sun falling towards the ground as she drank. She raised her head, but did not countinue into the dark woods, instead she stood there, resting for a moment just within the shade of the woods. Her golden coat speckled with light as it escaped through the dieing leaves of the trees above.

A I Y A N A

then they'll say to me
say to me
there goes a fighter

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
And he was back again, under another too-hot sun, sweat drenching his alabaster coat, darkening it to gray. Long legs carried the elegant soldier through the dry, thirsty forest, the stale air whispering dryly with a faint breeze. Only warmth fanned against him, grasses crunching under the weight of his hooves. The world was dying, and when it died, the mortals would die, too. The Moon and Earth had promised that their power would grow when the shadows lengthened and the nights grew colder - when autumn came in all its fiery glory, heralding the turning of seasons... foreshadowing the dark, cold days when snow lay glittering across the world and the sharp wind bit you, chilling you to the bone. It was easy to dream of those winter days when in the midst of summer, but duty would not do itself. Mauja leaned aside from the tree he'd been resting against, and began to pace through the forest again, back in the hot reality he so despised. A usual summer was bad enough - but an enchanted one, made by a vindictive God? He was fed up with it.

The scent of a foreigner teased his mind, and intrigued he slipped closer, passing destruction: wilted flowers, browned grasses, the aftermath of a few wildfires... the aftermath of the fire that crazy equine mare had set when he'd come traipsing in here some time ago. Mauja shook his head, continuing on. A sense of urgency had begun to tick in him: he needed to strengthen his numbers, train his warriors, and prepare for war. Either he'd lead it, a hoard of screaming unicorns, or he'd defend against it. He didn't trust Gossamer and Kri - well, perhaps he could Gossamer to be stupid enough not to go against her word and invade, but Kri..? He'd sooner sleep with a snake than trust her.

By a dried-out pond she stood, golden in hue and with darker mane and tail. A horn rose from her brow, marking her as of pure blood, pearlescent but laced with veins of brown shades. She was striking, if a bit short, with muscles evident under her sun-colored skin. Tall and regal, the FrostHeart slid out from the trees, not bothering to mask his approach in the slightest. Why should he creep on one of his own blood? "Welcome to Helovia," was his greeting, voice smooth, warm despite his glacial appearance. Curious eyes of wintery blue sought her hazel gaze, and he paused a respectful distance away, watching her with a slight tilt of his head. "I am Mauja. Who are you?" What is your story? his eyes asked, but he would take it one question at the time, not wanting to scare her off with an interrogation - yet afraid to lose her should one of another herd come by and whisk her away. So close to the surface that wish lay, that she shared in his views of the world, that she shared his passionate love for his own kind, and the desire to see them rise above all else.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Aiyana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

She heard him first.

The footsteps were only increased in volume with the crunch of the leaves, loud and decreasing in distance. Someone was coming along to disrupt her walk, but what could she expect. A new land under a new sun. It was only a matter of time before she gained the curiousity of the locals. She only thought it would be later then this. She raised her sun like head towards the direaction of the approuching disruption. A musky, masculine scent brushed across her nose tainted by the smell of the ashy surface around her and the heat of the sun. Still, it was easy to tell that it was a stallion, masculine in scent. Another male coming to court her into his arms. She could only hope otherwise. He crept out of the trees, his pure white coat glowing brillantly in the sun as he approched. He was handsome in his own right, with stricking blue eyes shinning against his white body. Though he was spotted with deep black spots, they only played into his contrasting appearence. He was tall compared to her short appearence, a trait she had recived from her father and one that she was constantly aware of. The proved one of her breed, a icy horn appearing on his forehead.

He welcomed her warmly into the land, which he refered to as Helovia. He watched her curiously, tilting his head. Her eyes held his searching for a hint a nervousness as she would expect to find from a unexperenced stallion, but she found none. He must be that of athority. However, He seemed nice enough, giving her his name and asking for her own in return. Nothing out of the normal. Just what one would suspect from a meeting such as theres. "They call me Aiyana." She replyed back, doing her best to mimick his warm voice, succeding in the most part. "I am pleased to come across you Mauja." Her words taking on their pattern from her homeland hinting with an accent in which her family carried. "If you might, is the whole land burnt and destoryed as this place or are there places florishing still?" She asked the question warmly, unaware of the fact that her accent proved her different.

A I Y A N A

then they'll say to me
say to me
there goes a fighter

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Well, so far so good - she was neither trying to eat his face off, or seduce him. Definitely an improvement from his latest Threshold ventures, and a change that made him exhale a sigh of relief. The danger wasn't past yet, but it looked a great deal better than it had. A warm, yet somewhat shy, smile appeared on his face. Mauja was a stallion that smiled a lot, sometimes with genuine joy, sometimes from pure, icily cold malice; often he smiled when what he wanted to do was just stab someone through the neck. This time, however, he smiled because he wanted to - because he was relieved, because she was a unicorn mare, but he didn't want to overwhelm her by starting to grin randomly like a giddy colt. Instead he bobbed his head, drinking in her name: Aiyana. Both elegant and strong. He tried it in his head, and found it to his liking. Easy to say, easy to remember. Her voice had a strange quality to it, an accent he'd never heard before, so much more noticeable than any other he'd come across - patchy warmth decorated it, and he very nearly forgot to take in her words, too engrossed with the simple sound of it.

"'They'?" he asked with a raised 'brow, a small, good-natured grin upon his maw. "What do you call yourself, then?" But he didn't really expect an answer - more like something like a you're weird stare. Oh, well... The next subject was one of less mirth; Mauja's face took on a sad cast, something mournful lurking in the depths of his pale blue eyes. With a sigh he took half a step backwards, turning to face the direction from which he had come - west. The direction of the sunset. A faint, woeful smile played upon his face when he spoke, wistfulness in his quiet voice. "The Sun God is upset, and is taking out his wrath on the land. Normally no part of Helovia is like this, and as far as I know, only two remain untouched: the Deep Forest to the south of here, and the tundra to the north. My own home, World's Edge, suffered his wrath directly. This is simply the result of drought and sunlight, but he came to the Edge.. the Sun himself... And set much of my forest on fire. Most of it still stands, though." The FrostHeart sighed again, and peered at her curiously. "I'm sorry that you had to arrive here at such a bad time, Aiyana. I've had it from the lips of the Earth and Moon themselves that when fall properly arrives, they will act to help us. If you'd like to stay in Helovia despite our current hardships, I'd love to shelter you in my herd." No sense beating about the bush...
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here