the Rift

[OPEN] Calling all units. Attend. (Leads, Open)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

They had come, first as rumors from the north of an attack, then a summons. Like a dark wave they went slipping through the night—evil smirks rearing to turn into full out beams of distaste. Midas, was called into battle. Still no sign of that winged one he called Sultana, he called her Kri. She was gone, I didn’t know where and why would I?
An orange raptor flies through the starlit heaven, her wings absent flame-- yet the beauty of this bird is as unmistakable in the slim features of her battle talons and beak; as is the high Goddess moon. She soars with ever unbending speed toward a single purpose. Her bonded had given clear instruction before heading toward the cries of war.

His voice and image are what stirs, “Sound the alarm!” he screamed, “Call upon those that gave their word!”

Below the world is faintly aglow, a distant blot of misfortune her destiny and perhaps the Deserts saving grace. Loudly she calls, screeching to all who would hear. Sounding out as loud as she might; something shimmers, catching the moonlight. If one would look close enough they might see that this rare bird is clutching a single golden feather. His feather. His summons. To war! She cries, though it is with the voice of avian and not horse. Would they hear? Would they understand?

Unmistakably loud this lone creature searches for the ones that Midas had said find. It was to them she would give this feather.

OOC: This is for the leads of Asylum. Dragon's Throat is calling your aid.

GOVERN</style>
He who is a good ruler must first have been ruled.</style>

image by aigle_dore @ flickr.com
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Eris_ Posts: 97
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Frostie
ERIS
Just give me a reason,
Just a little bit's enough,
Just a second we're not broken, just bent.
What was real and what was the poison playing tricks on her mind? Stumbling blindly through the Marsh, the red haired leader had finally come home. She was finally here, back with her family. She had left because of the poison and her moods, she had not abandoned them though, she had simply left until her mind could remember who was friend and who was foe. What good was a leader that attacked her own members in a blood thirsty rage? Giggling as the wind played with her hair, the golden dame called out softly. "Seeeeelllllleeeeeeee?" A sigh when only silence answered her. Why did that white faced bitch pissed her off so much? Surely her sister had noticed her absence? A screech was sent through the marsh and the mare froze with fear. What that her mind again? Or was there something really around? Calling her towards it? Slowly Eris stumbled blindly towards the call.

It took her a while to find the bird, it's body being licked by...flames? Should she get some water to put the bird out or should she just watch it burn? After a moment Eris realised that the bird was not bursting, combusting or even burning. It was quite fine. Tilting her head to the side, the golden dame studied the bizarre sight before her. How did it not burn? Where could Eris learn to do that? A roll of nausea rocketed through the mare. Closing her eyes Eris took a moment to gather herself. Her stomach slowly settled again, 'damn this poison.' However for a moment, the mare had a clear head. Opening her eyes to the world again, Eris realised that this bird was not a hallucination. It was here to see her..oh and she supposed Seele as well.

"Answering the summons of a bird!" Giggled the insane mare. Her bright blue eyes watched the bird expectantly. She wanted to know why such a petty creature was bothering her and her family at such a bad time. Who would willing send this creature into a nest of poisoned crazies?
Someone truly desperate? Or someone as insane as they were.

[[OOC: Please note, everyone in The Asylum was cursed/poisoned by RE, they are more insane that usual xD]]

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
I was moving with a little bit different uncertainty. My graceful steps seemed wrong. It was as if they were almost just a little unevenly placed. But, still, my steps were strong and my muscles weren't weak. That was a good sign. Have you heard the birds sing? Schwere inquired, his voice slurring just a little. Birds sing? Say what? Okay, ever since those lights had descended upon us everyone had been acting weird - including these voices.

And then, I was simply moving through the marsh. I had been doing a few things and shuffling around watching the members of the Asylum to ensure as much safety as possible. Of course, such things were truly impossible out here, but I could only try. So, when I stumbled upon Eris a few fits of rage managed to flood through my system. "Eris." I hissed, striding closer to her as she slurred my name with a giggle. "Where have you be-" I grumbled before being interrupted by a screech that could only come from a bird.

Instantly, my head shot up, moving toward the call that Eris was stumbling toward. A bird. That seemed to be on fire. With a feather. What the heck? Pretty birdie! Unheil chortled. It's important. It has to be. Perhaps you can fight! Innerste slurred, her voice beginning to take on a bit more of a blood-thirsty tone to it than before. "What's going on?" I muttered under my breath, having to spread my legs out a little farther in order to balance my frame that was a little strange from the poison.

279 words
Yep. Everyone's a little insane-er
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

I saw the pair of them and wondered if these were the warriors my bonded had told me to get. They had taken notice of me. Watching me with eager eyes, hungry eyes…curious no doubt. My talons locked around a nearby tree limb-- its body was covered in gangly white vine and moss. Sick without the sun. Sick without light. Sick. Aqua blue orbs gauged the company that approached, I recognized them both from Midas’s mind. Yet, I remained aloft, unwilling to trust them just yet.

Her wings open, shimmering in the scattered hues of moonlight. Those unbending predator eyes narrow, finding their target with the same quickness that served hunters. A dark colored lady had emerged after the red haired woman, she had a curious marking across her mug—this was the one Midas had remembered from the alliance meeting. The orange phoenix took to the air again, flying slow now until she was levitating with careful beats only a few feet away from the pair. That golden feather falls, likely to the feet of said woman.

Fina stared at the unusual woman for a moment longer before rising quickly, beating strong toward the South. She turns back and cries out again, urging them to follow. Had Fina been an equine or even a little older she might have noticed the glint in their eyes. A sickness that the plants had, a poison. Alas, she was not. Merely a soldier as her bonded, this brave lass was following orders.

GOVERN</style>
He who is a good ruler must first have been ruled.</style>

image by aigle_dore @ flickr.com
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
The bird had locked onto a tree. It was a strange bird. It shimmered in the moonlight. It held the air of confidence and intelligence. A companion, I supposed. I highly doubted a creature could look like that and not be bonded. The bird seemed to sit there, waiting and watching as the pair emerged from the band of trees surrounding them and then inspecting them. Looking at them as if sizing them up. What did the bird want?

I had to admit, it was strange being called in my own home by a bird. But, something about it looked familiar - even if I couldn't completely place it at the moment. Shinyyyyy Schwere purred, sounding as if he wanted to reach out and brush it's glowing, shimmering feathers. At that moment the bird opened it's wings which were once again shimmering. She waited a few seconds before taking to the air again and gracefully coming closer to Eris and I. Now, I could get a closer look at this feather that was clutched in it's talons. The bird was only a few feet from my face, but for some reason I wasn't worried about getting my yellow orbs scratched out. No. I was simply fascinated by the creature, my mind just barely able to function and concentrate on the souls pulling at my mind.

And then, the feather falls. Cautiously, I reach down and grasp the golden feather. The Throat. This had been one of the general's feathers. I had seen the golden tips. Could it be? The winged creature was taking to the sky again, beating quickly and heading toward the South - heading toward the Throat. Stabbing the feather into the braid of my tail I hear her cry and instantly my voice rings out through the marsh. "The Throat needs our help! Able fighters come now!" I wait about three seconds before kicking up my heels and beginning to take off after the bird. It was time we started to prove that we could be of assistance.

Posted to keep it moving, since Eris/Seele would basically be doing the exact same thing and people should have some time to make the defense post
Fighters - @[Arlo] && @[Agrona]
if possible, also - @[Confutatis] && @[Zaron]
Please post, at least recognizing Seele's call and with them heading out. All defense posts need to be put into the Throat by the 22nd
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Arlo Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16hh :: 6 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Stephy

Arlo
For all is not always fair in both love and war..

I had merely been minding my own business, winding my way through the density of the forest whilst it was drenched in the pearlescent moonlight when I heard the cry. Damn it Seele. All I wanted was to prey upon an innocent, weave a nightmare and laugh at the destruction that it caused. Nothing would please me more right now than to leave somebody’s dreams in tatters. That masculine brutessa was nothing but a cockblock. It was as if she knew when I was about to have any amount of fun, letting out her harsh, jagged tones through the air like a disgruntled bear. I was beginning to regret my choice to join her in the Aslyum. We had done nothing of note in the time I had been a recruit. And, to top it all off, she wanted me to instruct the group of degenerates to fight. There wasn’t one amongst them that could fight their way past a rabbit, let alone some of the foes I had been up against. My temper was running so short I was basically frothing at maw, I wasn’t built for this form of grunt work.

All of a sudden, a haze came over me, leaving me slightly unsteady on my pillars. I blinked, trying to regain focus as the world swam slightly before me. I huffed in frustration; the poison was clearly still lingering in my bloodstream. I was starting to get pissed off at the chink it was leaving in my otherwise basically impenetrable armour. It was enabling the good in me to start to fight back. Only last night I had woken up with a start as a wave of guilt washed over me at my actions in the last couple of weeks. This had to stop; it made me nauseous that all my hard work could be undone due to the poison attack. That was yet another thing I could blame the Asylum for.

As my vision steadied and returned, I pushed on forward towards the bitches’ cry. I had to regain my strength just on the off chance she actually had something interesting to impart, something that I might actually get to do. She had made all those promises after all.

As I reached the scene, it was just as Seele had taken off after a bird, her tail bobbing in the breeze. I picked up the feminine notes that she had left behind, a juxtaposition on the manly persona she put on to the world. A smirk slowly spread across my maw as I realised something was clearly finally happening, perhaps even some innocent blood to spill. I picked up my speed to catch up with the femme, looking forward to our destination..

"Talk talk talk."
Think Think Think
Fugue State
Tagged: @[Seele]
Count:456
OOC: My muse returned!!

Image Credits