the Rift

[OPEN] Is this Goodbye?

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.

Harmony

I walked through my favorite land. Watching as the wilting grass danced in the slight breeze. With each step, mud was sent up, only to latch onto my beautifully white fur. I shivered as it penetrated my thick winter fur, the moon providing my little warmth. Oh, how much I wished for the sun to return. How much I wanted so many things, most of them, I will most likely never receive.

It was time to talk to Antheia about my moving. About leaving her. Why couldn't she just come with. This is tearing my heart in every which way. At night, thinking about it sent stabs of pain to penetrate my heart. Why me? Why now? Why did I have to meet Tonka? Why did I have to make such a strong bond with my dear Antheia. So many questions. So many doubts. Clearing my throat, I whipped my cranium, forcing my long locks to dance their way away from my pools and behind my right hark, most of them listened. Sighing, I forced a amplified whinny;

" Antheiaaaaaaa! "

What if she didn't approve? What if she crushed my dreams? Oh, how hard this is. Never have I felt this torn before. Mostly because I wasn't used to loving, and being loved. It felt great to know that someone loved me out there, but still. Why did there have to be a brick wall standing between them. It's either one or the other. But... Gosh. It's just. So hard. Antheia is my mother, I love her so much. She is the best thing I have encountered. But, then there's Tonka....

The life ahead can only be glorious if you
learn to live in total harmony with the Lord..

@[Antheia]

Antheia Posts: 129
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 4
Clo.
My poor coat, it felt so nasty and ugly. I was suppose to be pretty! And this sickness was doing me no good. I wasn't suppose to turn into some hideous looking fool, I am made to be pretty, girly, and cute! But damn it, sweat was all I could feel rolling off my coat at the moment. I was so sick, and could barely see, it was like I as turning blind, slowly. It was so blurry outside my pearls, and it seemed endless.

My leg was beginning to swell up, which would make me look fat! I am not suppose to look fat! I've always looked so slender and glimery, and then.. this happened! Gosh, by the time the sun rises I will look like a fuckin' troll! Oh gawd Antheia, stop it. No, I will not stop it! And who the hell are you inside my head anyway? Grr, must focus on Harmony.

"Antheiaaaaaaa!"

Harmony! Oh, that Tonka boy better had not hurt her! Hell, I had just talked to him the other day, and he had hurt her already?! Yup, I'm gonna have problems with him, that's a positive. Certainly. If he isn't going to care for her, I might as well keep her at my side with me. We'll live happily ever after! Without him.

I took off, I had no time to think about that old fucker. He only seemed to cause trouble between me and my foal. I needed my sweet princess. She better have no scars, thorns, scratches, thistles, or anything in that pretty little coat off hers! Or I'll make sure to tear his little ass up. I wasn't in the mood to play games and jokes with him. I'll make him learn one way or another that he'd better respect mares, no matter how big or small.

I slid to a stop at her side, nuzzling her fuzzy white coat with my soft maw. I didn't see a thing wrong with my little princess, causing a smile to cross paths with my muzzle. "Yes, baby girl?" I know she isn't really mine and I never actually gave birth to her, but she felt like she had been mine since those cute little blue orbs looked across the sky.

Maybe I couldn't be the mother she dreamed of, but I would always love her, no matter what.

Deceased
Wild.
When I saw her approach, my hopes and dreams plummeted. I stepped back in horror. Who was this? This isn't my mother. This isn't my dear Antheia. My amazing, beautiful Antheia. Her coat, so wretched. Her beautiful blue pools where hardly visible under a opaque covering of white over her cornea. And, oh goodness. That leg. I couldn't bring up something so touchy with my mother looking like this, feeling like this. Something was seriously wrong. Yes, she could die. It was quite possible. Mommy chimed in, her quiet but strong voice guiding my thoughts.

She has come down with a serious infection. Get her to a cold creek. Force her to stand in it for at least 10 minutes. After that, have her drink. Find a pine tree, have her eat the needles. This should help.

I nodded, thankful for my real mother's soul guiding me in this hard time.

" Mother, dear mother. Your going to die. You need healing. "

My words where choked in my throat. My voice shuddering. Tears streamed down my cheeks. She really could die. This wasn't funny.... Oh no, can I handle this? I took a step forward, I am now almost as tall as her now. With a frown, I wrapped my neck around her, in my form of a hug. Then, I took a step back. She needed healing. But really, she needed magic . Why where we so unfortunate? It was so hard to see her like this. It just tore away at my heart. Turning my cranium away from her, I forced to look away. A sob escaped my kissers, my flanks heaving with it. Another, after another escaped. Until I was a bawling mess. Gosh. Sometimes I wonder why I am here, and why am I so unfortunate. This sucks.

Deceased
Clo.
Oh, damn it Antheia, you made her cry! Shit, this isn't good. And this was why I wanted to wait until I was older to ever get a foal, because of this. I seemed to never be good enough, it seemed to be impossible. I was so confused when it came to being a mother and I never had known the responsibilities of it. Yeah, I thought it would be fun at first, but then I realized that I could barely take care of myself!

Thus, leading to Tonka. Though, I think I should've picked a different, one that I knew of that would take care of her. But Tonka offered. The big old mutt was tougher than I was and probably knew more about fending a family than I did.

Yet, I would come back, and I would take my sweet little filly back. Once I learned how to care for a family. Most of all, she would be mine again and I would have no worries in the world but to care about her. I would love her to death and give her all that she wanted.

"Mother, dear mother. Your going to die. You need healing."

She does care for me! I never thought that she had cared for the worst mother of all time! But it's true, I am lovable and cute. I could even have the wolves huddling around me because of my cuteness. Though, they might eat me afterwards if I'm in this kind of condition.

Woah, enough of that. "Oh, but Harmony baby, I'm just fine and dandy!" Lie, all lies. I feel so weak, and of course sick as a ugly pony looking thing. "Erm, Apollo and I are working on the sick part. I'll be better in no time!" Hopefully.

Deceased
Wild.
The scent of sickness was thick in the moonlit air, filling my nostrils with the ugly smell. I flinched. This could be life or death for my mother. Why, she was so different now. Why so.... Hm. It is hard to explain, you see. I just get this horrible feeling. Something has changed her, possibly this sickness. Most likely.

My velvet harks flew forward as she began to speak. That weakness in her voice, the way she composed herself. She looked like she was fighting herself. All the signs pointed to a serious illness. I can't lose her, she's my everything.

"Oh, but Harmony baby, I'm just fine and dandy!" "Oh, but Harmony baby, I'm just fine and dandy!" Lie, all lies. I feel so weak, and of course sick as a ugly pony looking thing. "Erm, Apollo and I are working on the sick part. I'll be better in no time!"

Lies. How dare she. Really? Thinking I will just look past this and move on? No. That's not the way I worked. I didn't like this fake act she was putting on. This wasn't my Mother. This isn't the Antheia that I know and love. She needs to get her hoof out of her ass and realize her life is at threat.

" Bullshit. Really? Do you think I would fucking move on? Are you serious? Your funny. Just stop. I want the old Antheia back. "

Shit, he had won me over again. But, at least I gained control towards the end. Ugh, how fierce he was. I quietly scolded him, told him to leave me. The tears once again rolled down my cheeks. I cast my pools to the ground, noticing how harsh my words where.

" I am sorry. He took over. I wasn't expecting it. But, really. I know your not okay. But, my real mother is guiding me. She knows a lot of medicine and healing, though I cannot do magic, as you know. I can do what I can though. Anything for you. Anything. I would give you my body if I could, for you to be healthy again."

My words where full of truth. Oh, how much I loved Antheia. How much the sight of her like this pained me.

Deceased
Clo.
"Bullshit. Really? Do you think I would fucking move on? Are you serious? Your funny. Just stop. I want the old Antheia back."

Oh, but Harmony babe, this is the real me, the new me. It seemed so... fitting towards me. It made me look so much older and not like a child. Maybe my friends wouldn't like it, but they would have to deal with it, if not, they can go fuck themselves. It's my life, my choices. Harmony would have to make her own decisions, and I wasn't going to get in her way. We all know that. Everyone has their own life to live and make the best out of it.

And this was my way.

Harmony, she was going to grow up and have to think this over too. Everyone should be ready for a change, weather they like it or not. I don't understand why everyone dislikes a change. I was rather in love with this new me! Maybe I would become a great fighter with this new attitude of mine, but I would certainly not become a ruthless killer, especially in front of ones I loved.

I still had an old part of me inside my body. I was still caring and loving. But, I was certainly stronger. It seemed as if I was meant to become sick, to see who the real me was, but I had never noticed it until now. Though my own little princess had seen it all happen in front of her, I couldn't help but show it.

I toughened up, my frame becoming larger along side with my muscles. My stomach heaved and the sweat began to pour more, but I raised my dome higher. My height seemed to become higher, only by a little bit but I felt so much more stronger.

So this is what power feels like? I don't think I've ever felt something so magnificent.

"I am sorry. He took over. I wasn't expecting it. But, really. I know your not okay. But, my real mother is guiding me. She knows a lot of medicine and healing, though I cannot do magic, as you know. I can do what I can though. Anything for you. Anything. I would give you my body if I could, for you to be healthy again."

Oh, I loved how much she loved me. It just seemed to make me laugh. "Baby, it's alright. I'll be fine! All I need is that sun to rise over me!" I spoke in a delightful voice towards my filly. She just seemed to push on and on, when would she ever give up? I didn't need any help, it would heal over time, and if I did die, so be it. I had lived happily. Hell, I'd met her, Apollo, and Kahlua! What more could I ask for?

But this must not be what she had brought me here for, there had to be another reason. "Princess, why have you brought me here on this beautiful night?" I asked in a soft whisper, my eyes flickering.

Deceased
Wild.
Her sudden burst of power. It frightened me. Oh, she had changed so much. I miss the old times. I will never be able to look at her the same. It will be easier to say goodbye now, her feelings have obviously dwindled for me, so I shall pretend that mine did also. But, did she understand, I didn't like this? No. She must not. I shrank back, and refused to meet eyes with her. My harks where flattened against my dome. A frown upon my kissers and a tear upon my cheek.

" Stop that, or I will leave. Stop it, now. "

I pushed my feelings away, and regained my strength. Oh, how I would miss her. Standing straight again, I seemed to loom over her, my sudden growth spurt had set me ahead. My long legs and beauty where something you wouldn't see on an average filly. My muscles tensed and I looked down upon her. Curling my neck, I bared my teeth for a brief moment. I then locked my pools with hers. I held them tight as I spoke, my voice strong and harsh.

" Well, Antheia. I was going to purpose to you my leaving. But, I must not need that now, noticing you longer wish to have me. "

I flicked my forelock away from my pools. Anger making them illuminate. Did she really want to play this game? With one as murderous and heartless as I? I hope not. It will just not end well for this little mare standing before me. Within a year I will most definitely loom over her, be much stronger, and have much more skill. So I hope to the Gods she watches herself, cause I never know when he wants to come out and play.

Deceased
Clo.
I eyed my filly with a smirk, my deep dark blue staring at her. If she was going to escape this demon inside of her, she was going to need some help from someone that cared too much for her to let her go free with it inside her.

"Oh but baby, your taking it all the wrong wayy!"

I trotted around the painted princess, nipping hard at her heels and rump, grabbing soft fur as I go. "I'm going to make you fight him one way or another little girl!" I started nipping at her harder, but trying to resist the fact that I might be hurting her.

If I didn't love her, I wouldn't be facing the pain I was right now to get rid of this evil little bitch inside of her. But, as usual, she'd probably take it the wrong direction.

What are you doing?! For Gods sake, she's your daughter! And who the hell are you inside my head?! The voice, it sounded so familiar, but I couldn't seem to figure out who exactly it was. It was indeed a she, but that's all I could make out.

My body began to sweat more, dripping more frequently now as I moved along side of the filly's body. My front left seemed to give out but I wasn't going to stop right then.

"Keep in mind Harmony, I'm doing this all for you! And you don't want to kill your mother that loves you now would you?!"

Deceased
Wild.
Her words where drowned out by the sound of hot blood running through my harks. The tips where steaming, it wasn't all him this time. I was sick of her. Me and him, for once we started to work together, once her teeth met my flesh and I felt it rip, I whipped around. I braced my muscles and stood up on my back legs, I moved swiftly to the left and crashed down. Turning my head to the left, I aimed a chomp at her flank. Then, I quickly trotted to her other side. Flicking my tail, I used it's length to hopefully momentarily blind her. At just below my tail head, the rest of my tail was draped over her forehead, shielding her orbs. I used this to my advantage, I turned, aiming a hard blow with my hind clefts toward her neck. I then turned quickly and aimed another nip, not as hard, to her right nostril.

It pained me to do this. But I had to defend myself. I had to put up with the demon. I couldn't get rid of him, it was the cold hard truth. Yes, he could ebb away, but he would always be there, laying low and waiting.

Never did I become distracted, never did I let down my guard. I was a splendid fighter, no one could deny that.

" You don't know what your in for. "

I shouted through my bared teeth. Flicking my tail, it dropped off her forehead, and there I was. The first thing she saw. Her filly. Looming over her with a shard of skin hanging from my ass, blood soaking into my white coat.

Deceased
Clo.
She slammed me against the ground, and I was all in for it. She wouldn't kill me, I knew her weaknesses. She would regret everything that she was doing to me, just like I regretted nipping at her. She was taller and stronger than me, yes I knew that, but I wasn't afraid at all.

"You don't know what your in for."

But I do, Harmony. I laid there, on the ground, my eyes closed, and I stopped my breathing. If she wasn't going to fight him, then she was going to learn to hate him. I was like a ugly fucking bloody possum, laying down, playing dead in the middle of the road with the cars passing by overhead.

She hadn't done enough damage for it to actually affect me, but she certainly did get my front left a pretty hard slam across the cold ground. Blood rolled around in my fur in certain spots but not enough to actually kill me.

Yes, she would hate me once she found out I was faking, but she would know I was doing it for a reason. Because I loved her and I wanted her to know what it was going to be like out there without me.

I loved her like there was no tomorrow, and I never wanted her to leave, but I knew it would be the best for her. She growing up and she will have to learn how to fend for herself. I wouldn't always be there by her side for every step of the way, but I would be waiting to be there for her when she needed it the most.

Deceased
Wild.
After I unshielded her orbs, I quickly turned away. I flinched as I heard her body thump to the ground, I took a few more cautious steps forward. I stopped. Listening, I -

Good job young one. Another one down. You killed her! Congrats! I'm so proud of my little girl! How does her blood taste in your mouth, how does the stench of it in the air smell? Amazing eh?

Wait, what? I whipped around. My face that was twisted with anger just moments ago, softened with concern. Before I went any farther my velvet harks perked up. I was listening, desperately searching for the sound of her rasping breaths, hoping that he was wrong. I quickly shut my eyes. Noticing there was no breath to listen for. There was no more Antheia. In my anger I had finished her off. Why? Oh why father did you do this? This was the one thing that I loved and you had to take it from me. WHY?!

Oh, my sweet killer. Everything and everyone dies. It was time for that pain in the ass to go.

No father, it wasn't by any means. I loved her.

I stepped forward, reaching my muzzle down to bury it in her fur for a brief moment. My head started spinning. I can't live with myself. It's going to be time for me to go now to. I don't want my hooves upon this earth any longer. Tears rolled down my cheeks, landing softly in her mother's beautiful fur. I ripped my dome away. I forced myself to jog off. I stopped beside a tall pine tree. Purple and white flowers starting to bloom beneath it. Slowly, I plucked them off one by one. Once I had a mouthful, I trotted back. Gently, I laid them over the bleeding bite on her flank.

Laying down, I cried. I sobbed. Moans of grief escaping my lips every few seconds, my body heaving, being pulled every which way with every passing moment.

Deceased
Clo.
But she wasn't going to find out that I had faked dying.

I took in a deep breath, acting like I had just back from the dead, pearls wide and open. I stood up, flowers falling from my body along with droplets of sweat. Oh, so she did care for me? No matter how much I change, would she always love me? If I tried to help her for being harsh, would she still love me? Because hell, I would love her even if she told me to fuck off.

I smirked and nudged my foal, hanging my neck over her back. "No matter how much I change Harmony, I will still have a part of me that will always love you." I couldn't help but smile then send a tear or two rolling down my face and then falling to the Earth. Oh how I loved my sweet little filly.

She would become a warrior one. A kick ass warrior. She was so strong and courageous, she had so much... so much life inside her. It seemed as if she never gave up on hope. I was glad that I had found such a thing in a lonely place looking for someone to care and love her. Though, I could care and love her, but I could never give her all that she deserves.

I grinned and nipped her soft coat, but only with my lips this time, no teeth required. "If this is goodbye Harmony baby, I just want you to know that." I smiled and put my soft maw against her bloody one. Oh, she didn't have any idea in the world that compared to how much I love her.

Deceased
Wild.
She breathed.

My mind swirled. How could this happen? Why did this happen? Oh, this was all so confusing. All so hard to bear, so hard to understand. How I missed the old Antheia. My loving mother who was always there. Now, she had become careless. Maybe it was good I was leaving. It hurt too much to see her change, to see her once, old Antheia, and to come back a few days later, and she's changed. It tugged my heart strings. My dome dropped, my nose almost touching the ground. My harks where flattened against my cranium, nostrils flaring. I am so scared, so stunned.... I don't even know what to do with myself. One moment we are in a heated battle, the next she lays there dead, but then, she comes back to life? It all seems so unreal. SO un-life-like. This is like something from the stories my mother used to tell me, before that horrid day. My feelings where a jumpled mess, I didn't know if I should cry, chuckle, or simply run away from all this nonsense, and all this pain. Does she understand how much pain it's causing me, just to look her in the eye, and say I love you? No. She musn't. I want the old Antheia. I need the old Antheia. But thing is, I know I will never get her back. The day we meant a little more than a moon ago, will always rest in my heart as a treasured memory. The adventures we took, the games we played. Our simple chats.... Oh. But mother, I have already said goodbye. I did the moment I laid eyes on you, just about an hour ago. The old Antheia will never return. Replaced by this mongrel of a Unicorn...

Her words where meant to be comforting, but oh, how they stung my harks. I simply stood there. In awe and shock of what had just happened. I killed my mother and she came back to life. There was something wrong here. There's no magic.... The God's are gone. So, how did she come back? It was impossible. I thought for sure she was actually gone. I was a mess. But, now that she is back, I don't know what to do with myself.

" I have already said goodbye to you, Antheia. I-I thought I had killed you. Did you r-re-really die? Tell me n-now. "

Her voice shook with anger, with joy, with sadness. Oh dear. This was all so confusing.

Deceased
Clo.
"I have already said goodbye to you, Antheia. I-I thought I had killed you. Did you r-re-really die? Tell me n-now."

Fine then little girl, have it your own way and I'll just leave you. "That is for me to know, and for you to find out. Since you've you've already said your goodbye, then I shall be off with that." I turned around, walking away from my only foal, but after this, would she still be mine? I thought of it as a no, for she would go home with Tonka and never wish to see me again.

But don't worry, I will still be there, watching her as if I was a hawk. And I would make sure to watch that stallion also, making sure he doesn't put his pity little hooves on my darling, or else.

This had been fun, but this had to end. We had been the most happiest couple in all of Helovia, but that must end also. I wasn't exactly just right for her, and she deserved everything she desired, but me, I could not gift her that. So, it was about time I go and let her do what her little self did.

We had to come to a end.

I had no time for this and I had stuff to do, stuff to finish. I had business to take care of. I smirked, looking back at the painted foal once more before disappearing into the fog.

[ This thread can come to a end. ^.^ @[Harmony] ]

Deceased
Wild.
Her harsh words echoed off the slim tree trunks, ringing throughout the land, and returning to me, stinging my harks. I flinched, my pools still locked with hers. My scenters where flaring, my pools wide enough so you could see white. I wanted to beg her, to plead her not to leave me... But I couldn't. She doesn't want me anymore, she no longer accepts me... Who I am. The way her blue diamonds rest upon my frame sends shivers throughout my body, from tail head to poll.

A tear rolled down my dainty dome, leaving a visible trail of wet behind it. Those ugly tears, one by one they made a soft patter to the ground, hardly audible. They wouldn't stop. No matter how hard I tried... There was a deep pain in my heart. The feeling of emptiness slowly engulfing the strong beats, making them fast and weak. It seemed as if my heart was in my throat. A small moan escaped my maw as my frame shook. Falling to my knees I attempting to return my breathing to normal, but my body resisted. It sped up, causing great pain. A small shriek escaped my maw, drool dripping from my kissers as I did so.

Is this what happens when you lose someone you truly loved? Your body convulses, and causes you great pain? This...this made me wish to die. To be somewhere where I didn't have to worry of pain, of abandonment. Where I could have my Antheia... Where we could live together in Harmony .

The question that previously lingered in the tense night air was now answered. This was goodbye... She no longer cared for me. I was now alone until I could be with Tonka. Oh, I had never thought she would abandon me like this, leave me begging at her clefts for her to take me back only to see her turn away without any connection, without love, without a piece of her convincing herself to take me back. No. This was it. This was the last of Antheia.

Oh, how I love you Antheia. How my time with you was a great one. Our memories, I will cherish and remember them every waking moment. No matter how cruel you have turned, I will always return to you and love you. Never will I forget you, the one who took me in and loved me. You where the first to actually love me...

Bye Antheia.
I love you...

{ I cried so hard writing the last part, this is some sad stuff Clo ): }
@[Antheia]