the Rift

[OPEN] There's nothing left for you.

Biru Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Biru was in a state of massive confusion. After his mother, the mysterious flaming mare with the dragon, disappeared, he was utterly and completely alone. Time was even dragging together. He couldn’t comprehend his age, and without the sun, all seemed to go to waste.

For some reason, this dark forest, which he still knew not the name of, had become a permanent home. The dark trees seemed to understand him, and the loss that ate away at him from the inside. There was an odd, eerie feel to these whispering pines that made him feel like he wasn’t alone.

Moving through the thick underbrush, the colt tripped along the floor until he found himself back at “his” spot. As the undergrowth started to thin out, Biru could make out the red gleam of the Red Pool, the pool that was so cleverly named. As he broke into the clearing, he paused a moment, before his thickening body rippled, dispelling of the dirt, leaves and mud that had hitched a ride of him during his travels. Moving closer to the pool, he walked along to the side that sloped gently into the water. Folding his golden hooves beneath him, he lowered the front half of his body into the water, his bum still on the sandy “beach”. As if in a trance, Biru stared at the stones. They were like day and night to Biru. He was a deep black and blue, and these stones were a stark contrast of red against him. The trees that were near by began to sway with the gentle breeze, groaning with each tiny gust. A sigh was emitted, and Biru laid his head along his body, in the shallow water. The waves very weak, tiny waves sometimes wandered to the shallow side, and caused a minor splash along his face. Yet, the trees still groaned. It was as if they were laughing at him. Who knows, for all Biru knew, they could be. He’d seen strange things in this forest before, and it wouldn’t be a surprise if these pines were alive. However mocking they were though, they were still better company than being alone.

Soon the lulling pool had put him into a trance. His eyelids drooped over his red eyes, putting him into a light sleep. On a good day, one might wake him up. Otherwise, it was a routine of, feed, nap, feed, sleep, and repeat. It would be a welcome awakening, for anything, even if evil. It would at least give him something to do.

Loki Posts: 73
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 4
teeroo
After the time he had spent after his adventure with Adele, a lot had happened since the birth of her son and her disappearance. The night had fallen and hung over head like a storm cloud. Many had used this advantage to try to gain land, making war through the four kingdoms. Loki, being an outcast, was very unawares of this, and it wasn't like he cared much anyways. He had yet to delve much further into this land as was needed, considering his mate has just given birth to twins. The caverns were their home for now, and so they would stay. He was traveling for food, for with just the two of them and four mouths to feed, he needed to do something to keep his family alive in the darkness.

The season had changed from winter to spring, and now the grass would grow, but how would he transport such a large amount? Angora needed to eat, for she needed the energy to produce milk for the foals, and there was hardly enough time for him to get her so much food. For now, he would eat a little, then take more to his mate. The grass was rich beyond the forest, and he traveled down the paths of the dark Deep Forest, trying to make his way to the meadows beyond. Though, he heard something. Stopping and listening to the sound, it was of something familiar. Should he follow? What if it was something, or someone, dangerous? It was not that he was afraid of himself getting hurt, but he didn't want to waste time on something if he didn't have to. Against his better judgement, he walked toward the sound, big black ears risen so he could hear the direction. It was water, sloshing around. He found the Red Pool, and with it, a sleeping babe.

The small body was covered with blue and black, and had a horn that was oddly shaped made of gold and red. It was an interesting design to see, and quite the contrast of the red around it. He looked to be sleeping, and the male gently touched nuzzles with the sleeping figure. Why was a child out here in the forest all alone?
Loki
Demolition,self-destruction
What to annihilate, the age-old contradiction
Credits
I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on Valentine's account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Loki and Angora, lines by tamme, colored by paddeh <3

Biru Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The sleeping colt couldn’t have heard or been prepared for another presence to approach. In fact, he was in deep dreams now, of white flashes, blue and red bodies, and flames, all coming and going as quickly as ever. This dream had been repetitive, occurring almost every time the colt fell into a deep sleep. It sent little tremors through him.

He was quickly pulled from this restless nap as a soft muzzle brushed against his. A little snort of fright was given as the horned head shot into the air, bringing himself face to face with a winged, and horned, stallion. His head tilted, and a soft whinny of curiosity as he escaped his lungs. Finding his feet, the colt tottered towards him, and stopped momentarily. He gave a quick shake to rid himself of the sticky sand and dirt mixture before moving the last few steps towards the large stallion.

A little tilt of his head was given, and moments of silence passed. It was quite a sight to see, this little, stocky (or fat) colt, face to fact with a large, black stallion. Scratch that, a towering stallion. The little colt though, was a little to big for his britches, and reared up, flashing his horn in the most menacing fashion a tiny colt could manage, before landing back down. ”I am the might Biru. Fear me. These are my lands, and you may not cross into my magic pool!” He said ferociously, or should I say, with a high, squeaky girl voice. The colt gave another territorial huff before raising his head with air of royalty.

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator
Image Credits