the Rift

[PRIVATE] under the starry sky.

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark
Amara
I was still sick, that disease... it was horrible.

I felt dizzy and nauseous at times. My mind was weak, open for all. I had tried so hard to keep the screaming voices of the Marsh out of my head, but with this disease they all came in through the open doors. Mommy had been lost in the wave of voices, her gentle, sweet voice no longer audible. It scared me, knowing I couldn't hear mommy anymore. I didn't like the silence, at least, from her. The spirits who had managed to come in were wailing, screaming, crying, neighing, all in my head. It gave me a headache, and I was often too tired to push them out, force them to leave. I had tried to push a few of them earlier, and that was a success. But there were still a few wailing spirits trapped behind closed doors.

Laying there, curled up, my head throbbing, I opened my amber eyes, blinking. Sameira was still curled up beside me, her sides expanding and contracting slowly, she was still sleeping. I looked up, seeing the leaves of a tree... what kind? I didn't know. Behind the leaves were the stars, all pretty and sparkling. Yawning, I stood up, Sameira whimpering as her head tumbled onto the grass. She looked up at me, her ears back. "I'm sorry I awoke you." I looked down at her, my voice calm. I took a few steps, looking back to make sure Sameira was getting up to tag along. She was, her little black body bounding towards me. I smiled, walking forward towards the little stream that ran through the Meadow, splitting it. When we got close enough, Sameira bolted right into the water, pulling herself to the other side. I looked hesitantly at the water, my reflection shimmering, staring back at me. I backed up a few strides, launching myself towards the river. I opened my wings, soaring above the water by a few feet. I landed on the other side, but my hind hooves took a dip. I squeaked as the cold water hit my skin, instantly pulling my legs up. I stopped for a moment, looking back at the moon and its vibrant glow.
@[Seele] <33 and excuse the bad title... xD NOTE: this thread happens before the invasion as requested by abba :3

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
The sickness was plaguing everyone. And it bothered me that Amara was one of those who had to deal with such things. She had been right in the middle, and on top of getting stuck with the sickness she had also toppled into the marsh. I had tried to make sure she was okay, but it seemed she didn't want to be near everyone else.

I wasn't insane, though. Or. At least not when it came to understanding that a foal on her own was bad news. So I had been following her for the past few days. My dizzy and unsure steps were still quiet, thank God. So, I continued to move forward. Amara had lay down in the middle of the field and had fallen asleep. She seemed more tormented than usual. And, really, it broke my heart.

She shouldn't have to go through this Innerste complained, and I couldn't help but to agree with that. Since she was sleeping, I stayed off to the side and watched her until she began to move. The young one standing back up before she leaped across the river. Oh Amara... I thought before moving forward and trudging through the river as well, shaking off the cold water on the other side before pulling out of the shadows. "Amara. Are you doing okay?" I asked, tilting my head to the side. "How's the poison doing on your system?" I inquired, lowering my head. A sadness lurked in my eyes.

It was my fault. If I'd told them to run maybe we wouldn't all be sick right now...

273 words
@[Amara]
Seele being emotional = sucks
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Amara
I felt my head throbbing yet again, ear splitting screams ringing out in my head. I grunted, squeezing my eyes shut. Stop ittttt! I screamed at them, opening my mouth and screeching a little. I flicked my ears back, stumbling backwards at the response I got. The spirits just screamed back, louder than before.

In my moment of pain, there she was.

Seele, her voice splitting through the silence of the night. Her voice silenced the wails briefly, the spirits pausing to listen. She tilted her head, talking to me. She asked me how I was. I could tell Seele how I was, I could tell her about all the spirits in my head, all the intense screaming. All the pain they were causing me, how I was always nauseous and dizzy. How I missed my mommy, how I missed my daddy. I wanted to tell her all that, but instead, in my moment of fear and sadness, I threw myself at her. "Seele!" I wailed, tears in my eyes. I pushed myself towards her, hoping she would accept me with open arms.

I whimpered, the tears streaming down my cheeks, leaving dark lines. "Seele! It... it... i... it hur... hurts... so... much." My words were unbalanced, wobbling off my lips. I tried to bury my face in her chest, my tears dripping onto the ground. Sameira was at my feet, pawing at Seele, showing unease. She appeared concerned for me, and Sameira pawed at Seele hoping Seele knew what was wrong with me. "My... m... my head. They... they're... hurt... ing it!" I screeched as the spirits began biting back at my words, causing me intense pains. I plastered my ears to the back of my skull, trying to push away the screaming souls. They had attached themselves to the walls, stubborn bastards they were. I pushed and pushed, but they would not budge.

She asked me how the poison was doing inside of me, if it was causing me problems. It was, of course it was. It was the source of this eternal pain. I whimpered, my lower lips quivering. "T... they... g... got in... be... because of.... disease..." I stuttered. I looked up at Seele, a frown on my lips. I wish she could help me somehow.
@[Seele] <3

Abba
A screech left her mouth and instantly I pulled forward, my voice attempting to break the wall of spirits that were pounding in my skull, but I had started to learn how to block out so well. The poison made it harder. It took down the defenses that had been built up naturally. It must have broken down her wall that she was born with, because with her screech the spirits seemed to laugh and scream back at her - taunting her.

It hurt. I could feel my heart being squeezed and choked as the young winged-one ran toward me in a panic. Her head burrowing into my chest as she cried out my name. The souls stopped for a few seconds at the sound of my name, as if they knew the power that radiated in my bones to heed their call and allow them to be heard. Amara was sobbing, and it took all of my energy not to break down as well. "Shhhhh. Shhhh. It's okay..." I whispered as she whimpered, wrapping my neck around her own and attempting to hold her in a protective hug. She would not allow Amara to witness too many of the horrors the world had to provide. No. Not when she seemed to be hearing the souls as well.

They were hurting her! How dare they? The young hellhound was pawing at my hooves, trying to get my attention. It was obvious it was concerned for amara's well being. They are hurting her. And with each complaint of the souls voices they screamed back. They fought against her. They would not leave until they had been hurt. I asked about the poison, checking to see if anything else had been affected by the poison that now lurked in all our systems. It was only the souls. A low hiss escaped my mouth as I heard each of their voices and could feel their clawing as they tried to leech on Amara's form. "Stop!" I grumbled out to the souls, and for a few minutes they were quiet. "They want to be heard. They want to tell you something, Amara. I can try and channel them - I have been gifted with a magic that lets me talk to the dead, but I can't promise how strong the connection will be with the magic weak with no Gods. It might stop them. But it might make it worse..." I explained, pulling back and lowering my head so that my yellow orbs lined up with hers. "Which one is calling to you the most? I'll try and channel that one..." I offered, a sadness radiating in my orbs. Again, I wrapped my neck around hers and gave her a tight hug. "I'm so sorry, mein kleine. I wish you didn't have to go through this..." I whispered, my voice breaking a little.

I wasn't as strong as I used to be...

505 words
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Amara
She responded by wrapping her neck around me, accepting me. Her words cradled me, and I slowly relaxed. Just the sound of her voice soothed me, the way a mother will soothe her child. I felt them pounding against my head, screaming at me, calling to me. Taunting me. I could feel them, like claws being dragged down my skull. The sharp nails digging into my brain. Their voices pierced my mind, impaling it with their sharp words. I bit my lower lip, trying to force myself not to scream. I wanted to try to be strong, now that Seele was here. I was biting down so hard, my poor lower lip began to bleed, the blood slipping down my chin. It was a salty, bronze taste. I shivered, the taste making my stomach flip.

She shouted aloud, scaring me a little. I jumped as her voice boomed out, flattening the silence. The spirits stopped for a moment, listening to what Seele had to say. "T... tell me... something?" I whimpered, looking up at Seele, my amber gaze meeting hers. She explained to me that she had a special gift from the gods, an ability. She told me she could channel the spirits. My eyes brighten, desperation taking hold. "Please! I... I want t... them... out!" I gasp for air, the tears forcing me to. I inhaled, looking at Seele with desperation in my eyes.

She wished for me to tell her which one is calling to me the most. I paused, trying to figure that out. I swam through the sea of souls, shutting my eyes tight. Their faces dragged across my vision, some of them had hollowed out eyes, some of them were bloody, some of them appeared normal. I hunted down the loudest of them, another child, their right eye missing. I opened my eyes, frowning. "It... it's a little colt... got.... he... no eye." I muttered, the taunting screams increasing. They all wished me to notice them, all of them wanted so desperately to leave. But the little colt, he stuck out the most. He was wailing for his mother, his screams louder than the rest. I looked at Seele, wondering if that was all she needed. A name would be difficult to get from the wailing spirit. She wrapped her neck around mine, an embrace.
@[Seele] <3

Abba
She was biting her lip. That pained me even more. The souls needed to stop. They were too much for her poor brain. She couldn't figure out how to channel it all. It wasn't her fault, though! And the souls all bombarding her angered me beyond anything else ever had. You're learning to channel your emotions... Innerste praised and I simply yelled at the air for the souls to stop. It caused Amara to jump and my sad eyes peered down to the filly before explaining what was happening.

"Yes. They have a message they need to get across. That they want heard. The souls you hear, they are stuck in limbo, not allowed to go to Heaven or Hell - not until it's been heard. Some might stick around afterwards, if they have a reason too. The one that's calling out for you, you can help that one. And, they might stay and help you too." I explain and she asks for me to channel them. She's gasping for air. She's so desperate. The sadness and guilt never leave mine.

It's my fault she's like this. It's my fault Amara has to feel this pain. As she searched for the specific soul she squeezed her eyes shut until she found it. The voices were all vying for more attention. One was the loudest in voice but the weakest in words - much like Amara herself. She frowned. A colt. Missing an eye. I nodded my head. I couldn't see the souls, just feel and hear them. But, it was enough to go by. "Okay. This may take a second, and I may sound strange..." I said, struggling to grab onto the one that was almost sobbing. He was clinging to me even more than the others, begging to be accepted. And that was when he whispered her name. Amara. Let me talk to Amara...

I embrace her one last time before pulling back. Each of my steps are labored and painful as I back up. My eyes go dark, the right pupil dilating so much to match the colt's missing eye. The rest of the souls fell silent, dejected, and most of their claws seemed to stop. The light is so bright, and the sun isn't even out. I wince and stumble back a few more steps until the vision in that eye goes back and the searing pain has stopped. "We were sick. My mum said she'd follow me in death. A horned one - mum said she hated me - tore up my wing-" my left shoulder flinched, as if to flap a non-existant wing before the childish voice continued to pool out into the air. "-poked my eye out-" My right eye closed and then opened again, as if the blackness of it wasn't enough to prove the blind point and again the voice came out. "I'm alone now. And I don't want to be alone... Amara will you let me stay? The light scares me..." I was still wincing in pain. My muscles tensing and loosening randomly. It was becoming difficult to continue to channel him, and since he wasn't speaking my jaw was clenching tightly. My breathing was getting labored. It was all because of the lack of the Gods' entire presence. They were making it so much more difficult to pass messages along.

I could feel my heart constricting and my lungs not allowing as much air in as they had before. But, I would hold on a little longer to continue the conversation for Amara. For her to respond and the colt to find it's peace. I just hoped that she wouldn't become afraid by how much pain I was obviously in and the way my muscles were twitching - like I was possessed by a deamon...

651 words
I'd say one more response from Seele and she'll be in too much pain to continue channeling it all.
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Amara
She spoke, telling me about the spirits, and that I could help them. I could? But how would I help the dead? She spoke of Heaven and Hell, making me freeze up. Heaven... or Hell? Those were places that the souls go... so mommy had to be there somewhere. But was she in Heaven, or was she in Hell? Hell was for the bad horses, the ones that were mean. Heaven was for the kinder horses, the caring. Mommy was caring, at least, she seemed like it. So she was probably there, with all the other good horses.

Her words crawled into my ears, and I looked up at her. I nodded my head, waiting. She briefly embraced me, withdrawing. She had said she might sounds strange, so I prepared myself for whatever may happen. But not for this. I watched as her right eye faded to black, disturbing me. My stomach itched, my eyes widening. A small gasp escaped my lips as I looked at Seele. It was scary to see her eye like that, resembling a void of black. She opened her lips, speaking to me. But her voice was not the same, it was an eerie voice, that of a child. A little colt's words replaced Seele's, explaining to me what happened. She... or... he, told me about how his mother had not accepted him, tore him apart. I noticed Seele's left shoulder flinch as though she was waving something at me. I looked at my left wing briefly, thinking that maybe the spirit was also a pegasus. The spirits mother had abused it, tearing apart its wing and gouging out its eye. I gasped, shocked to hear that a mother would do something like this to her child. The little colt spoke through Seele again, asking to stay with me. Smiling, I opened my lips. "I would love to help you. I would love to let you stay. Tell me, what is your name?" I asked, realized it was costing Seele in order for me to talk to the colt. I frowned, looking at her. Worry sparked within me, and I waited for the little colt's voice to slide back from Seele's lips.

But I stopped, and then opened my lips. "Actually, do not speak your name just yet. Come back to me, allow Seele to return to normal. We can talk farther once you have left her." I smiled, looking into the eyes of Seele, wondering if the spirit boy could see me through her eyes. I had only done that because I worried for Seele, it looked like it was causing her pain. I didn't want to cause her pain, I couldn't do that to her. I waited to embrace the little colt spirit, waited for him to come join the ranks beside my mommy.