the Rift

[OPEN] Shall we dance? [Invasion Defense]

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks

Rishima</style>
the frenzied pace of the mind inside the cell.</style>

The news leaves me livid, but not surprised. It was inevitable, this outcome. We stirred a pool of villains, and they have reacted with violence and force. Invaders lie in ready at our doorstep, the nest of serpents roused from slumber. They have wound their way from lofty heights, hideously morphed versions of once beautiful minds encased forever within equine form, senselessly vengeful and maliciously intent. What toxins have they met with, what poisoned whispers have they heard, that turned them from innocents towards a path of corrupted ideals and fiendish wrath? I wonder this as my daughter runs, an incandescent blaze in the springtime mists. I have made a harbinger of her, a herald of the danger that lurks skulks beneath our woods; and now I too must perform a duty, play a role I desire not.

Nostrils flare against the breeze; the frigid burn invigorates my lungs. Black eyes close against the noise of the world, and I listen. I hear the beating of blood against my veins, the shift of sinew against my bone; I feel my soul; I taste vacancy. Not often in the past three years have I felt so alone, so exposed, but at this moment I have nobody. Kali is gone with my child of flame; I can feel her tug at the tendrils of my soul, yet the pull is weak and distracted. I am alone beneath the flickering mist, standing in silence and inhaling salt and pine and the soft, moist earth. Trees circle the clearing, but do not invade; nay, it is shrubs, small obstacles, and the sinking earth that mark the treachery of this place. Close to the edge of the world but not close enough to see it, I wait.

The ball has begun, and it is time for me to find a dance partner.

[ 0/4, 0/2 magic/companion uses. Rishima awaits an opponent ]

image by tambako @ flickr.com</style>

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
72 hours have passed. Rishima wins by default.
Rishima earns one point for the Edge defense.