baby i've been praying hard;

Kai Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Kai
</style>

you're my head
you're my heart

the celestial, glowing body that hung in the sky as a lamp lit the earth beneath her delicate hooves in a milky bath. there was a warmth in this place, but not unpleasantly so, and the towering trees above cast dark shadows beneath the sheltering limbs. the faint warmth was comforting, in its way, for a bitter chill nipped at her elegant bodice and cut through her coat, in a vain attempt to reach the bone's underneath the speckled grey apparel. it was smooth and pale in the silvery light.

sun-baked yellow orbs caught the milky light of the moon above, glowing with a dull light in its reflection. wings were held close to her flesh, trembling softly with tension- and fear of the unknown. her neck held high, her ears flicking in concern at the merest whisper from the shadows that would not be penetrated by the crisp light of the moon. nostrils quivered, the scents of this realm filling her lungs, and being expelled out in warm wisps.
she was not one to feel secure, to feel safe and happy in a flock of many, but in this enveloping darkness the mere prospect of company made her trembling increase with want and need.
but, she refused a shudder at the idea that this company might come from a stallion, although the strength of a stronger gender would ease her fears, it would also harbor them. and with the darkness shrouding the land, her chest felt tight with the thought of meeting a brute at this time.

her hooves scuffed up the dirt beneath her softly, and she paused to steady herself, to relax her tight muscles. she breathed in, then out, then in again, in a rhythm. word's formed silently on the back of her tongue, until she found enough strength to push them forward into the open as a soft exhale.
"h-hello?"
can anyone hear me?

image credit to aeolle

Antheia Posts: 129
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 4
Clo.

I came running, fast as my legs could take me. Yes, I was hurt and I didn’t feel well at all, but if I was going to stay in shape once this illness was over, I would have to run my heart out. My front left leg was swollen as big as I thought it could for it looked like it would burst very soon. Though, that was not on my worried list of today, I was out to recruit today. I would try my hardest to get all the damn creatures that wander out here, come to my home. We needed the help with the invasion, or else we could lose our beloved home.

Harmony on the other hand, did not give a shit about the home I had offered her. She had turned her back on us and now was off to Tonka’s little gang of wanderers. I gave him permission to take her, but he was going to lose those baby-makers of his if he didn’t take care of my baby girl. She was my only child, and she was my world, but I wouldn’t be able to give her all the things she deserved. Yet, Tonka could. He had owned foals before, and now he had upcoming ones also, so he knew what it was like to have children, I didn’t.

And with that, I changed my attitude. She would learn to hate me and move away, but she would never hate me too much to stop loving me. That’s the only way I knew how to put it. I didn’t want to see her go, though, I knew it was for the best, for us both. She didn’t deserve someone like me, a high spirited mother that didn’t know what she was doing. And until I knew what to do, I was going to take on responsibilities and act stronger. There was no more of that old Antheia that was crazy hyper all the time, there was no more of that old Antheia that always let her guard down. There was no more of that, I had important stuff to do and I would finish it off no matter what.

I walked on, keeping my head held high and my nostrils flaring. My orbs caught a glimpse of a Pegasus mare. Perfect. Pegasus’s were good luck. They were usually great at fighting, for their wings were very powerful indeed. ”H-hello?” Her soft voice made my harks flatten. She’d better be good for something with that soft voice of hers. I grumbled as I walked out, standing in front of her. I forced a smile upon my maw and then tried to talk in a sweet little voice. ”Hello there.” Smirking as the whispering words escaped my throat.

Credits

@[Kai]

Unregistered

Kai
</style>

you're my head
you're my heart

her neck jerked back, ears straight as a soft thud of hoof-beats reached them. her very bones seemed to tremor, and she suppressed the urge to wheel around, spread her wings and disappear into the shadows of the night. she would stand strong, this was, after all, what she had wanted, was it not? yet a nagging fear still etched its way into her mind, that perhaps this was not friend but foe coming to steal her in the darkness the night provided.
nostrils flared, quivering, soft snuffles of breath escaping into the silence. wide yellow orbs darted around, finally settling on a figure that emerged into the light provided by the moon far above. her muscles tensed once move, before relaxing with a internal sigh of relief at the sight that this was a mare, a mare, and not a brute.

tail went slack, ears pricked with minor anxiety and curiosity; orbs significantly dropping in width then before the image came to her.
the mare in question was quite beautiful, if the pale moonlight was to be trusted. her coat dark, her face that of snow, or the white clouds that would shine in the light of the sun if you could merely catch them at the right time. the smooth white was complimented by the blue orbs, but what caught her attention the most was the sharp, gleaming horn that sprouted from her forehead.
white rings mixed with ebony curls, and she was hypnotized by its deadly, yet lovely appearance. for she had never really seen a unicorn before, she was often surrounded by the wings of her flock, and nothing more. it made her feel immensely less significant, with her speckled grey apparel and yellow orbs.
she had her wings, but even these heaven sent matched her grey bodice in perfect coordination.
but even with her admiration of the other, her orbs were drawn down to her left leg, significantly more swollen then it's companion.

concern for the other creation coursed through her veins, she was injured, was she not? a injury to the leg could be fatal for a equine, all knew this, for a weight cannot be balanced equally if one pillar is broken- or worse!
tentatively she reached her head forwards in greeting, snuffling softly at the other mare.

"hello there," the words fell from the others maw, and she was jerked back into reality with the interruption of sound in the almost dead silence of the forest.
her hooves skittered uncertainly beneath her on the dirt, scuffing it up.
"t-thank you for finding me, miss, i believe i am lost here- in this seemingly endless forest.." her words fade into silence as she considered if she should mention the others' leg- "i beg your pardon, miss, but are you alright? your leg.." she was concerned for the other's health, what if she suddenly dropped dead in front of her? kai was no expert with wounds and the like! surely it would be her fault as well if she didn't bother to mention it, and the mare did really do just that.
should she introduce herself, as well? it seemed like centuries since she had last spoke civil conversation with another equine.

image credit to aeolle

Deceased
Clo.

"T-thank you for finding me, miss, I believe I am lost here- in this seemingly endless forest.”

Lost is homeless. Good, she’s homeless. Makes me feel better that I’m actually improving on this whole recruiting thing. I’ve lost two arrivals, one two the Foothills and the other to the Basin. I was glad this one is a Pegasus, or else if a unicorn I would be doomed if one of the Basin members showed up, it seems as if they get them all. At least if I caught a Pegasus or an equine, they wouldn’t show up. But I would still have to keep an eye out for the Foothills or the Throat.

"If you are indeed in need of a home, I have the World’s Edge to offer." Another smirk crossed my maw and my orbs just glared at her. It was fairly hard to keep my dewy eyes open, for her coat shined way too much. I didn’t understand why she wanted it that glittery; it could blind anyone that came into vision. But maybe that was the point, to catch the eyes of any stallion that came along side of her? Ugh, the thought of that creeps me, I wouldn’t want some stallion stalking me like a damn hawk.

"I beg your pardon, miss, but are you alright? Your leg.”

Eh, another one that thinks she cares about me. I don’t give a flying fuck about my damn condition, why does everyone think they know me when they don’t?! I feel great! It’s not like I’m winning and crying! I’m strong and I had my doubts, but this was not one of them. "I’m fine. Now, do you want a home or not?" I snarled at her, turning around and heading towards my home. Even if it was the one place I didn’t want to be with the damn invasion going on.

Credits

@[Kai]

Unregistered

Kai
</style>

you're my head
you're my heart

a nest, a flock to rest her head with! oh, but that sounded so, so good, and so frightening at the same time.
she knew she would have to deal with stallions, she knew that she would have to get used to being around brutes; and she also knew she had absolutely nothing to teach- nothing to offer, she would surely be a nuisance to a flock. for her former roost had taught her nothing, and besides the.. incident, she had never had to try and fight!
she knew nothing of healing, she would yet be the lame leg of a well-trained flock, the ugly duckling, so to speak.
and what in the name of all that was holy was a world's edge?

but she had no time to consider, for the lady stopped glaring daggers towards her and instead wheeled around,
"I’m fine. now, do you want a home or not?"
her word's biting into her sensitive ear's, and she flinched, pressing her wings ever closer to her flesh as they trembled with uncertainty and fear;
what had she done to offend the nice lady? she was sorry! she didn't mean to, whatever it was she had said, surely!
was it a insult to ask another's health in this land? she didn't know- perhaps.. it was something similar to calling them weak.
her orb's widen however with the prospect of being left to fend for herself again, and with a startled choke she gathered herself to move into gear.

hurriedly she presses her hind hoof into the hard earth and pushes forward with her haunches in a tiny lunge forwards after the lady, feeling the shock of the sudden movement through her spine.
extending her wings the slightest bit for lift as her front hoof touches the earth again, then the next as she continues forward.
her legs move in unison as she breaks into a easy-going trot after they have all touched the earth again.
ears perked, she brings herself up along the lady.

"I- I didn't mean to be rude!" the frantic words fall from her tongue and a worried frown graces her maw.
"I'm sorry if I offended you, miss! but please don't leave.."
her yellow orbs flick to the shadows as she presses on quickly with her words.
"grateful, as I am for your invitation, I know nothing of this.. world's edge, I am clueless to this land and I may not be able to offer much in return
for joining your ranks. I.. as much, as I would like to assure you that I would be useful in your flock, I know nothing- not of fighting nor of healing.."

should she have said the truth? the lady may take back her kind invitation if she knew how absolutely useless she was. "I digress, however, for I have not yet introduced myself. please, excuse my rude initial behaviour- I am Kai, and you are, miss?"

image credit to aeolle
@[Antheia]

Adalaide Posts: N/A
Unregistered
[Image: postcopy_zpsa680ad86.png]
You see, there's this storm brewing
and it ain't stopping.

It's funny how time seems to run ever so slowly without the help of the rotating sun to judge what time it was of the day. It was like the world had just stopped turning and we got stuck on the side where the moon and stars were only visible. It's crazy how not too long ago, where we had only the glowing trees for light, I was thinking the same thing.

Conversation sparked my interest and I made my way further into the moonlit Threshold, maybe to even enlarge our small yet still growing family. The poor new comer sounded awfully scared, to a point where I wanted to give her a blanket and a cup of hot chocolate.

She expressed care for the other mare whom offered her a home in the Edge and yet the mare was quite sharp and defensive about it. My word, it was just a damn question! Was it really called for to react in such a fashion? I didn't quite deem it so. And it would not be on my watch that such company be treated in a way if they were simply being kind. To act like that was quite ridiculous, yes?

My rather tall and stocky, contrasting frame walked onto the scene with my icy blue eyes shifting slowly from the two of them. They finally rested on the new mare whom addressed herself as Kai and with a nod, my warm and velvety, welcoming voice poured into the air and was absorbed much like a dry and cracking sponge would do with water.

"That is a beautiful name, Kai. And welcome to Helovia. You see, these darkened skies aren't normal and an eternal night has befallen us for some time. We all are awaiting the return of the sun, I would think. I am Adalaide."

My fiery eyes then turned to the black and white mare who's name I had not caught and then back to Kai. "Fret not, friend. I'm not going to stand here and sugar coat it, however. We're both here to recruit members to a herd or group. I am an outcast, a traveling Gypsy if you will. However, I am the leader of a rising group called the Storm Strike. We fight for righteousness and justice. Equality as well. I can offer a ranking within my own growing group. Though we do not exactly have a place to call our own. Why, afterall? We migrate through the seasons, heading south when the cold days approach so we don't freeze ourselves and then we head north to escape the ridiculous ray of the sun during the winter."

[[Hope you don't mind me popping in! :3]]

Deceased
Clo.

She wanted to know what the World's Edge was and so I would tell her. My body slammed around facing the mare with sharp eyes. "My home. My family. My love. World's Edge is a mighty place ran by Mirage the Dragonheart. We are very strong in many ways, but our strongest is the dragon captive in our land, aiding us during our hardest battles." Then where the hell is it during this damn invasion?! My thoughts piercing at me inside my skull. I knew I had been rude at first, but I didn't mean it, I just don't like when the others think they care about me when they don't. They barely even know me!

"I digress, however, for I have not yet introduced myself. Please, excuse my rude initial behavior- I am Kai, and you are, miss?"

"I'm Antheia. But don't worry. You don't have to do anything if you don't like, Miss Mirage won't make you." I smiled and dipped my dome towards the white mare. Then a dark figure came up, glaring at me and then turning to Kai, introducing herself. Why you bit--!! I didn't finish my thought before I stopped and the mare started to talk about her own home of creatures.

She's trying to steal my recruit!! Really?! I snarled at the thought and pinned my harks back faster than a cheetah could run it's little legs. I didn't want to go home empty handed during the invasion, and I wouldn't either.

Credits

@[Kai] & @[Adalaide]

Unregistered

Kai
</style>

you're my head
you're my heart

the mistress faced her with sharp orbs, pale and blue as the morning sky. when was the last time she'd seen morning?
it was getting hard to remember. but she did not flinch, standing to gaze back with uncertain defiance, unsure if this was
the correct response to the calculating stare, but not wanting to bow with her tail between her legs like a fearful canine,
either. she must have been rewarded for her actions, for the lady replied to her inquiry.
"..we are very strong in many ways, but our strongest is the dragon captive in our land, aiding us during our hardest battles."
a dragon, a dragon! was the mare jesting her? did such majestic creatures exist? surely,
the equines of world's edge must be fierce if they had such a creature as a ally.

the mistress introduced herself as antheia, dipping her dome towards her as she did so.
but surely the mistress did not understand, for kai would want to defend her future
settling, if it proved to be satisfactory. if she did not have to escape from a brute.
she was soft-spoken, shy, fearful even, but that did not mean the speckled pegasus
would wish to watch as her home were to wade into war, to watch others
die, and sit back comfortably.
she just didn't know how.
it was a desperate line of thoughts. as she began to tentatively accept the invitation,
another mare came forth from the shadows, and her bright yellow orbs flashed to the leopard-spotted coat.
she was tall, stocky, with muscles rippling just under her shimmering coat.
but whilst she was indeed bulky, she was elegant, and easily distinguishable from a brute.
her orbs were the shade of ice, crystalline and clear.

her voice was that of a flame, warm, comforting in the darkness.
the new mistress was kind, she told her she had a lovely name,
and kai's wings fluttered with light embarrassment.
"thank you, mistress, although i fear you are too kind. it is a simple title."

adelaide, she said, and then mentioned the endless night.
the storm strike.
she fought for righteousness, justice, equality.
no- they fought.
the words filled her mind, and confusion settled in it's wake.
what would she choose? she knew she mustn't leave this place as an wanderer,
without a herd, for she would not make it long on her own in this land.
helovia, adelaide had said.

a set territory, or a wandering herd, surely more freedom
would lay with the latter, but could she really call it a home?
she knew she would with the first.

she noticed antheia's hark's flatten,
felt a tinge of fear in her chest at the prospect of a fight
occuring due to her.

and so with brimming uncertainty she glanced
between the two. what would she choose?
they were waiting, and she did not know.

image credit to aeolle

Adalaide Posts: N/A
Unregistered
[Image: postcopy_zpsa680ad86.png]
You see, there's this storm brewing
and it ain't stopping.

Walking through here to recruit could indeed fire up a fight. Whether it be to the death, over respect, over discipline or more. However, none of that mattered to Adalaide. None. And if someone wanted to fight her, to challenge her, over something like a member, Adalaide wasn't afraid to let it roll. Another pest to crush if it called for it.

She was warm and understanding but it was also her pride on the line. Yes, she did indeed possess her own pride but to the point where some would jump into fire for it, she would stop. If someone wanted to fight for something, she wasn't one to back down. It was a challenge, Adalaide liked challenges figuratively and physically if so be it. It was a boggle for her mind and a learning experience for her body.

Her ears flickered at the black and white mare but otherwise, her emotions didn't change in the slightest with the supposed reaction from the mare, Antheia. Her warm and friendly posture, expression, and smile remained on her face with prose.

"It is a simple yet elegant title, my friend. But anyways, afterall, why stay put when you can call the entire world your home, if you will? Anyways, we're looking to build onto our growing family. Care to join us? We're currently docking in the southern part of Helovia for the slight warmth that this eternal night has forgotten to apparently give us. We're already devising plans and routes for our rankings and such. We've got some stuff to do, yes, but it is indeed going to get done quickly."

Adalaide shifted her weight, halting her velvety voice of satin and settling it down with a soft touch of a feather. The black feathering surrounding her right hoof had caught a twig and she easily bent her tall head down to grasp it with her teeth and gently set it on the ground beside her.

"We're aiming to become a very close family with a very strong force behind it and we're willing to help provide training to get that strong force into full force."

Her sky blue eyes rested on Kai, providing warmth and comfort within them.

"blah blah blah."

Deceased
Clo.
[ooc ; Dropping out of this since Antheia is trying to join the Basin. xD]

Unregistered

Kai
</style>

you're my head
you're my heart

her conflicted orbs eased at the tall mare's words, her voice was still soft, low, above all, it put her mind at ease.
adalaide was kind, the kindest soul she had met in a very long time, and she had almost forgotten that there was still goodness
in the world, that not all were seeking your death or your demise, seeking to harm and destroy and nothing else.
she wished she could answer her now, she wished her heart wasn't so torn and confused at what she should do,
she wished she could not only for her sake, but for the mare's herd, she wished she could say she would join their midst the very
instant she had invited her amongst them. for adalaide offered only good things, she offered her a traveling home,
she offered her training and most of all, she offered her the companionship of a family. a family.
she was willing to refer to her as family.

tears threatened to prick at her bright, sad eyes, and she smiled a little wobbly at the kind mistress.
she would consider the mare's words, but as much as her heart sunk, she knew she could not
make a decision right now, she would have to leave alone, she would have to leave despite
the knowledge that the world was unsafe, scary, it preyed on those who couldn't yet defend themselves
with tooth and metaphoric claw, and she was in no condition to do so.
she wasn't taught, she wasn't trained.
but she could not yet promise the mare she would join them, she could not force
the words past her maw. and so with a trembling, gentle voice she responded to the lady.
"i cannot express my gratitude for your lovely offer, yet I likewise cannot say if I would join your midst, for my heart is conflicted, and I wish to be true with those who i swear loyalty to. i would not betray your offer, and so I will consider it in solitude. If I find my heart belongs with your herd, I will find you soon, and extend my full loyalty to your family. let it be known that i neither shall forget your kindness. thank you, mistress adalaide."
she lowered her neck and dome in a small bow, allowing her wings to spread ever so slightly in respect.

she raised her head, giving the mare a small smile of farewell,
before moving forwards in her journey. she would hopefully survive long enough to fill-out the promise she had made.
but for now, she would allow her mind to rest-easy and think.
the sky was swirling with stars.

and the world was open with possibilities.

[ooc: thread can be closed unless ghost wishes to post again with adalaide as a closing reply! otherwise, finished!
Kai has chosen to become an Outcast.
]

image credit to aeolle
@[Adalaide]