the Rift

A long shadow in a dark dooryard

Skywalker Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

His face is upturned and the pale lamplight glow of the moon trickles softly down the length of his back. The milky light tumbles down his slanting shoulders and casts a shadow from the crest of his roman nose. Skywalker walks slowly through the dark and as he does so the dew-laden grass ruffles the feathering of his hooves and leaves his slender legs slick with cold moisture. His ears swivel softly atop his haughtily held head, complacently, the stallion listens to the dark and the things that hide therein. Being used to nocturnal travels, he willingly lets the gloom encompass him: his heart beats steadily, his footfall is sure and slow and for a short while he is completely relaxed. Nevermind the queer sylvan lights that line this, for him, un-trodden path. Skywalker has learned that his affinity to the dark is a quaint thing; it has made him the anomaly, sadly, because the night is the only place that keeps his fairly young heart at peace. The moonlight silvers him, turning his black skin into a statue of quicksilver and as it hits his icy blue eyes he becomes a quiet wraith, stepping down another unknown path. Skywalker does not concern himself with how his coming unto them (because yes, he can smell horses on the wind – horses and some timeworn, strange magic) will be received. Either they will have him or they will not, and that is all that is the case. The stallion considers things but puts little value into that consideration, some would say that he has some difficulty with nuances – at times he is as blunt as his inelegant face.

Instead, he leaves himself to the thick, cloud-like dark, his mind completely quiet and something unearthly glittering in his eyes. Infinity, perhaps.

S K Y W A L K E R

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.

H a r m o n y

Until you are in Harmony with yourself, you are not complete.

I walked and walked. My clefts beginning to drag as I entered the Threshold. It was once again time for me to recruit. No, not for the World's Edge, but for the Assassins. My new, lovely home. Somewhere where I could make myself known, respected, and loved. Oh, how my future is bright. It is the light that guides me through the dark nights, nights much like this one. The moonlight shone upon me, making my white spots glow. My locks lay perfectly, tail trailing behind, mane tickling my right leg, forelock tucked behind my left ear. I bet I look beautiful. Don't I always?

My dome slightly bobbed as I pushed my way through the wilting undergrowth. How sad it was to see all the forest animals slowly starving, having to eat off this shit. When really, I am eating it too. When will the sun return? The darkness at nipped at my maw for much too long. It was time for me to lay in the sun, have it heat my tall frame. But, the sun was lacking. It should be back soon though... The Gods, everything.... We are all hoping.

A small breeze caressed my long locks, sending shivers from my tail head to my poll. Oh, how I loved that feeling. Lifting my cranium, I focused on letting the scents flow into my scenters', seeking any life. A smirk danced upon my kissers as the faint scent of a being was recognized. I jogged toward the scent, making no attempt to be light upon my clefts, for the there was no point to do so. As the scent became stronger, I forced a polite smile on my maw. When the being was in sight, I recognized the silhouette of an equine. The smile that was previously forced, was now natural. He was very handsome, his silvery-black coat shining in the moonlight. His nose, it was so different. But beautiful. He was not ugly, by any means.

I cautiously approached him, stopping a few horse lengths away. I dipped my head in greeting and spoke.

" Hello newcomer. Welcome to Helovia. I am Harmony. What is your name?"

Table by @[Harmony] - SarhaharaS1@DA

Unregistered

His ears flicker this way and that, turning into the direction of an unfamiliar, female voice. Albeit his comfort spends its time in vaults of claustrophobic, sylvan dark, Skywalker admits that he is no more than a horse and much in the manner of the horse suffers from poor night-vision. Skywalker narrows his eyes and feels her on a cool gust of wind that passes him by. He hears her long before he sees her and readies himself for a tumble in the weeds of cordiality – a neutral, dry smile tugs at the corners of his mouth, softening his unkempt appearance, if only slightly.

For a long while he is quiet, considering the coincidence of her eyes, that they too are as blue as his. Not quite as icy, perhaps, but blue nonetheless. This is a meeting as any other and he can count a myriad of them under his black skin, his veins run thick with memories of strangers and reunions and welcomes and goodbyes. But Skywalker, in his own, restrained way, treats this as something pristine, newfangled. Precious, even. She is young, he thinks. “Skywalker,” he answers simply, softly and his voice seems strangely aglow as it presses itself through the dark. There is no need for him to thank her for her welcome, he decides, and lets the silence flow into the crater his name has left, proceeding instead to let his eyes wander over her.

Skywalker is drawing conclusions and formulating judgments in the quiet of his mind. The stallion is hopelessly enamored with this game of his, ever calculating, ever drawing parallel lines: he is constantly toying with unfinished pictures of the creatures he comes across. He steps a little closer, ignoring the possibility of the filly’s ‘personal space’ and letting the quiet and the dark swirl like tendrils of smoke between them. His own expression he keeps adamantly in check, a diligent master of his own moves, harnessing his voice, every word that bedews his lips – reading without being read. He touches her, strokes his sooty muzzle against her withers, unmindful of what retribution it may or may not befall him. “So, show me this place,” he shrugs and moves his head in a sweeping, indefinite manner. A slow, curious gleam somewhere in his eye, the flick of an ear and something mild, humble buried at the nadir of his wish. He touches her again, this time blowing his warm breath down the length of her neck, “I’ll owe you a favor.”

S K Y W A L K E R.

Deceased
Wild.

H a r m o n y

His response was bland, simply his name... But his next actions surprised me. He took a step closer. I smiled wider. He then touched me with his muzzle, sending satisfying shivers down my spine, I lightly swiped my muzzle down his shoulder, a smirk appearing upon my kissers. My long locks quivered as his hot breath caressed my sleek coat, sending a new set of shivers to creep below my skin and engulf my whole frame.

This time, I simply touched my muzzle to him, my smirk fading and being replaced with a friendly smile. When he spoke again, my velvet harks flicked forward. I nodded, understanding his words, then locking my blue diamonds with his. I seemed to drown in the beauty of them, yes, they where much like mine, but something about them. Something about him. I was drawn toward him, there was no urge to step away and not let him touch me. It seemed as if my body was anxious for more, hungry to see what would happen next. I took a small step towards him, closing the small space that was previously noticeable.

I slowly buried my muzzle in his mane, nuzzling his neck. Drawing my maw away, I then locked eyes with his once again. My smile involuntarily deepened. There was a tension between us.... Like there was something that was meant to be? I don't know... But, I just can't resist his touch.

" I shall show you this land dear Skywalker, no need to re-pay me. "

My maw touched his whither, my hot breath making a small white cloud in the tense night air, and dancing down his sleek back.

"blah blah blah."

@[Skywalker]

Unregistered

She smiles and it runs off him like water.

Perhaps it is her tender age that cajoles her into what he weaves: a deranged, sticky web of insincerity and lies. Perhaps she is so disposed to accept his brazen gestures simply by a gregarious nature that he does not understand. It makes no difference. Skywalker knows how to play it, how to mold that precious innocence in his cupped palms – careful as if it were a drop of water – into something as ugly as the prominent curve of his nose. And though he holds a feverish aversion to intimacy he suffers it nonetheless, clenching his teeth when she buries her soft muzzle in his mane. Her touch is like a bolt of electricity that crashes through his skin and sends him, if only for a second, whirling out of the long shadow of his restraint. Unexpected.

He moves away from her touch.

Holding her gaze he notices how her pupils dilate and for a moment he considers how bravely the young mare meets his own, cold eyes. A shiver of satisfaction attaches itself to him and he allows for it to cling to him for the briefest of moments before he shakes it into the ground; the vulpine grin that slowly crawls across his lips is a thespian one. Harmony has been slung into a dangerous game, or has she slung herself willingly into the ruthless diversions that Skywalker entertains himself with? Moving sideways he gestures for her to lead the way through the dark. “But you see,” his voice is perilously intoxicating, like absinthe, “I always repay the favors done to me.”

A pause and a thin little smile, “I’m sure you’ll think of something, in due time.”

Only, Skywalker has a strange way of repaying that which is owed.

S K Y W A L K E R.

Word count: 301
OOC: Sky is going to join the asylum, but I figure he can be sneaky and not tell her and just tag along too see what she's all about?

Harmony

Deceased
Wild.

H a r m o n y

Yes, there was something inside me that drew me to this suspicious Stallion. But, there was also something that drew me away. Told me that there was something wrong here. Never have I met one of this... this kindness at first meeting. Yes, I believe there is something wrong... By why run? Why not stay and see what's to come? What he has to say, what he's all about? Eh, this is wrong. But you know what, fuck wrong. It's time for me to live on the wild side. Stop being such a fucking goody goody. Oh goodness... What am I getting my self into?

His words sent my velvet harks flying forward. Eager to let his voice roll off his tongue to reach my harks, echo off the tree trunks, for everyone to hear when it is carried upon the slight breeze that caressed our manes.

No, I do not wish for anything to happen between us, if you must ask. It is much too soon to even bother bringing up the subject. But my thoughts? Well, it's in the God's hands. I don't give a hell who they chose for me. Really, I don't even care if I do end up with a soul mate before I rasp my last breath. My goal in life is much larger than falling in love. I have much better things that I can accomplish, dreams that must become true, wishes that need to be granted. This is my life. I can do with it what I please. You shouldn't give two shits about what I do, so don't even try.

My response was a bland, but stern one. Although, my voice was soft, like a small bird flying from the next for the first time. It rolled off my tongue and went with the breeze. Quiet enough only for his harks to engulf.

" Oh, dear Skywalker, I am not like all these other bitches who think they own everyone. I am not needy. I am thankful. "

When I finished speaking, I dipped my dome in his direction. When I lifted it, I locked my blue pools with his. Holding them tight. One thing he must know is that he shall not take advantage of me. That was one thing that I despised. Most likely, my clefts would lead to his death, if he even tried.

{ Yeah, that's fine (: Maybe she can change his mind or something? Who knows. PM me and we can maybe make plans about what should happen? (: }

@[Skywalker]

Unregistered

“I didn’t think you were,” a honeyed murmur slips past his lips and into the dark. Skywalker speaks as if he were something else, something gregarious and easy instead of that dangerous gleam in his eyes. A gust of wind caresses him and gently lifts his mane so that it mingles with and melts into the gloom – despite the uncomely curve of his nose he possesses a strange allure, crude and unlikely. She still smells of adolescence and, relative to him, carries the rosy scent of innocence; these are things that intrigue him, things that he craves. And so, callous purpose settles on his slanting shoulders, perched there together with the shadows that seem to belong to him.

“That is irrelevant, precious friend. Whomever it concerns I always repay my debts,” now his mouth is by her ear and he whispers, employing a voice light as whipped cream. Regardless of what wariness he might have instilled in the young mare, there is no need for him to doubt his ability in this game as his hot breath curls up against her again. Patience, someone had taught him long ago, and with this little tender thing he intends to be patient – she is so young! Remembering his own youth and the grand schemes and lavish dreams – long since dead and buried – that he filled his head with, Skywalker imagines the brightness of her dreams and ambitions. He imagines them and savors the thought, taking great pleasure in planning how he would best turn them to ash. The wraithlike stallion intends, simply, to make her his own, in a most disturbing manner. “I insist,” he tugs gently at her ear and it is believable, an admirable display of mischievousness. The way she holds his avalanche-gaze amuses him, that childish boldness quickens his appetite, “we all need something, there must be a thing or two I could do for you.” He steps close again, the light-starved, wilting grass bends willingly for him – as she too will do, in due time. With a sudden, dreamy expression nestled among the cusps and crevices of his proud face he slowly slips his muzzle down the soft curve of her neck, to her withers where he gives her a gentle nudge. A boyish, unpredictable smile spreads on his lips but his eyes do not glitter, they remain cold and aloof. “Shall we?”

S K Y W A L K E R.

WC: 395
OOC: Or we just play it out and see what happens?
Harmony