the Rift

Clean Slate [Throat & Valkyrie]

Farasha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Farasha
Dance Like A Butterfly, Sting Like A Bee

My hooves pounded into the soil. I was tired of flying, and even though I was sure it was day time it was almost completely dark here. It's like the night had descended upon the land with no warning at all. Sure the moon and a few stars lightened the darkness, but coming from a desert like I had.... Well it was a shock to be in such darkness. Then again, given why I ran and my situation and past, the skies seemed to match my emotions. I would forever hate him, that bastard. He took away my family, my heritage... Sure I was a long shot Queen.... But I was happy just being a princess. I would of been happy holding that title forever. Instead he had turned my mother sister and I into nothing but tools for him to have heirs... I am grateful I was not of age... I do not want to have a child with his blood..

But that is neither here nor there. What matters now is that I am somewhere new and it is dark. My wings tucked tightly against my body the farther into the woods I ran. I was not ready to stop running just yet. I feared for my mother and sister, what would he do if it was found out that they helped me escape? After all, he wanted me for a brood. Said I'd make some fine heirs for him. But ha! Jokes on him. I'm free! But now I need a home... A place to clean up from the long journey... A place to process the last few months... I wonder if my brother and grand dams are even still alive... Surely they had made it.. Either way, I was going to start over here. This was a clean slate... Who knows, maybe I would be someone's princess again.

"blah blah blah."

Muriel Posts: 54
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 6 Years 4 Months
Brit

image by pinksherbet @ flickr.com</style>

The night was young!

Well, the night was always young in this silent world of darkness, only permeated by the periodic, ritualistic rising of the silver orb in the sky. It was far better than the sightlessness they'd been plunged into at the beginning of this episode, but truly, what right did she have to complain? She could fly at last, participate in the activity she cherished as if worshiping of it like a deity. At times, she longed, ached for Janet. She missed the land of the angels, missed feeling as if she belonged. She was even beginning to miss Shamsiel! But of all those who had disappeared without a trace, her beloved Leliel was at the top of the list. Emotions ran rampant in her mind at the thought of him. If he were to appear at that very moment, she would not know whether to scream, cry, or shout in exaltation. Somewhere inside, she knew he did not love her as she did, but she could hope, couldn't she?

Oops, where was her mind goi-?!

Her ribbon-laced leg caught a branch from where she'd drifted too far down, and she yelped and went tumbling down awkwardly through the trees, dual wings shifting and easily snapping the twigs she encountered on the way down. Like a parachute, she snapped them open as soon as she could once she had enough room, stumbling as her pale pink hooves hit the earth in the darkened realm of the shifting shadows below the canopy of leaves that began to bud desperately despite the lack of sun.

Shrugging her shoulders lightly, she decided it wouldn't hurt to roam the Threshold. After all, who knew what she'd find? It wasn't as if she had anywhere to be, anything to do, or anyone to meet. Life as an outcast was lonely. Maybe she could help somebody else who was lost and wandering?

After a few mindless minutes of roaming, her wish was granted. Pounding hooves were heard in the distance, and Muriel stopped and perked her ears, nostrils flaring curiously. It moved closer. Closer. Turning to face what she believed was the same way as the approaching faceless wanderer, she watched with prim purple irises as a chocolate hued form burst from the foliage and raced past her. Starting, Muriel chased after the youth, curiosity sinking its claws into her like the evil little feline it was. "Hey, wait! Slow down! Is everything alright?" she called in her soft, chipper voice, though worry strained and coated her vocals audibly.

MURIEL</style>
 whether or not you believe in fairytales, every girl is a princess to somebody.</style>

Unregistered

Farasha

"Hey, wait! Slow down! Is everything alright?" My ears twisted around to catch not only the words but the hoof beats as someone with a female voice gave chase. Without thinking my pace slowed. Female, meant she was safe right? After all it had only been a male unicorn that had ever hurt my family or me... One day I would return and I would kill him. I would be strong and show him and free my family... But that is not here and now. Now is the mare that is beginning to draw closer to me.

My golden eyes search out her form in the darkness. Why was it so dark here? Was it night time? Had the pattern of the sun changed from one strange land to another? I do not get it. I stop, listening for the one who was giving chase. In this darkness, with no light but what moonlight filtered through the trees it would be hard to see. "Who are you?" I wished she was my blood family, but I doubt I will see my brother or granddams again, let alone my mother and sister. I squint into the darkness, looking for someone. I wondered if she had wings like me, or a horn like that bastard did. If she held a horn I might be tempted to take flight again, but I would give her a chance at least. "Where am I?" That was the next question to fall from my lips. After all, it would be hard to find a place to live if I did not know where I was.

"blah blah blah."

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily
-friendly nudge- (I'd like to get her going to the throat soon)

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Deceased
Brit

Oh, yay! She slowed down! Muriel pricked her ears happily when the newcomer halted her blind sprinting, accelerating her own in order to catch up to the other wanderer. As she moves closer, she steps into a patch of quicksilver moonlight, a happy warm smile upon her pale coral features, showing the younger fae that she was no threat and in fact a friend. Aureate accents glitter upon her skin, four roseates lifting from her shoulders as her plum eyes shine happily at having happened upon someone who could become a friend. As she danced closer on her nimble fuchsia hooves a voice rang out from the fae, asking who she was. Giggling lightly, Muriel called back in her sweet, airy soprano tones. "I'm Muriel! What's your name?" Blinking her big doe eyes at the other female, smile still serene and sincere upon her features, she shuffled her quad wings and slowed to a stop as she came close enough.

Ah, the stereotypical query over habitat and placement. Where am I? Muriel's voice was honeysuckle and sugar as she responded oh so sweetly with, "You're in Helovia! Sorry for it being so dark, the Gods that rule this place ah...sort of...disappeared temporarily. But no worries! They left us with some light until they return!" Chirping happily she sashayed closer, a bubble of golden sparkles and shimmering ribbons of light, happy and innocent. That was completely Muriel, all she was and every would be.

Just don't think about Leliel, and how he cast you aside, and the betrayal inside your heart. Don't think at all.

--
Notes: Sorry, was writing this as you posted that, so I didn't see it ^^; and my s key is sticky so any missing letters, that's why

MURIEL</style>
 whether or not you believe in fairytales, every girl is a princess to somebody.</style>

Unregistered

Farasha

Of course it was going to be name for a name. Softly I sighed "Farasha." I was not going to say it was nice to meet her.. After all if I was meeting her under better terms it would not be here in a strange land far from my own home. Speaking of strange lands this one was called Helovia. She went on to say that the Gods had left the land and that was why it was like night time here. My golden eyes just could not leave her double set of wings... Were all the pegasus here like her? If so I was going to be way out of place. I tucked my wings up tighter to my slender frame. My chestnut tail flicked at my rear slightly.

Well, might as well find a home.. It wasn't exactly that safe to be out in the dark on my own. Not at my age at least. "So what about the herds in this place? What can you tell me about them?" How grown up I sounded... Wow, I almost sounded like my mother. I hope she would be proud of the way I was handling myself. I just needed time to heal, time to grow up... Then I would show that unicorn bastard just how strong I was. Not just how strong, but that my family was not a bunch of push overs. We were all strong, we were all fighters... Even the baby of the family... I just had to learn..

"blah blah blah."

Deceased
Brit

Pale rose ears were perked eagerly upon her cranium, awaiting an answer from the young maiden. It was custom to offer a name before requesting one, right? Yet the newcomer seemed reluctant to offer hers, even upset, before she finally softly murmured an answer. "Farasha." Muriel made a soft sound of awe in her throat, plum jewels alight with the new discovery that she truly hadn't made since Farasha had gifted it to her as with any other verbally presented piece of knowledge. A rather quiet one, this fae, but Muriel had always been one to make up for the silence with her own joy of simply talking and meeting new people. "Farasha? How pretty! Nice to meet you, Farasha!" Eagerly she tried the new name upon her tongue, finding it to roll pleasantly and suit her ears rather happily.

Then again Muriel was rather innocent and her simplistic joyousness often led to her being deceived by those of bad blood and moral. So candidly, Farasha could have been the most demonic and bloodthirsty of all souls thriving, and Muriel would have been pleasantly oblivious to it all.

Avian aureates kept lingering upon her wings, and Muriel giggled sheepishly, turning her cranium in a demure manner. "S-Sorry, I know they're a little weird. Where I came from, having four wings was normal, but in Helovia...well the only others I know of came from my homeland too," she offered shyly, laughing softly. She'd gotten used to the stares, they truly didn't bother her very much. After all, she would probably stare too if she were them! It was like having two extra legs sticking out of your breast, just waving around like it was the most natural thing in the world. Muriel giggled aloud at the mental image.

Oh, crud, herds. Muriel tilted her crown towards the heavens, pondering with a soft hum. "We~ll...my friend Onni lives in the Dragon's Throat, our species usually populates that place, though they're all very friendly! It's very warm there too, being a desert, but I haven't visited much." Inwardly she noted to herself that she should visit Onni as soon as she could, she missed the other optimistic doe.

"Then there's the World's Edge, they're the sister herd of the Dragon's Throat, and support equality and have really strong herd members from what I heard. The Basin...well you wouldn't be accepted there, from what I know, so I would stay away from there. Plus it's really cold!" A shiver danced across her skin as if in sympathy of those who dwelled in the frozen climate.

"The Windtossed Foothills is ruled by a mercenary group, that's all I really know about them. But I can take you to any of them if you'd like!" Muriel danced around on her fuchsia hooves, exhilarated by the idea of helping out the young newcomer.

How lucky she was to have fallen out of the sky today!

MURIEL</style>