the Rift

nothing but a traitor

Nox Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I stumbled across the rocks, sweat slicking my mane against my skin. I shivered, shaking my head.

Me? I wasn't made for this. This hellish heat. It was, I mused, the breath of a fire-giant to his lover. Scorching. Acid. Passionate.

I was, unfortunately, stuck right in between their lips. I twisted my mouth cynically. How fabulous.

To be truthful, I wasn't entirely sure how I ended up here. For one second, there was a flash. A flash of light in the fire and mayhem and madness and blood.
So much blood.

But that flash, it streaked across everything, bathing the world for one nanosecond, with a light so bright and pure that I felt myself falling.

And I landed in a forest. Trees swaying overhead gently. A breeze.

Life.

And I'd just come from hell.

And now I'm just wandering, my skin itching underneath the weight of either the heat, or what I remember from those last seconds.

Over and over I went over what could have happened with that flash. Maybe i had died, and I was now somewhere else. Not heaven. God knows. Hell would be so much more my standard. Yet, I doubted that as well. it was much too pleasant. More like...a fairytale.

It was simply revolting. I found myself intrigued.

And then I wandered, as I was prone to do on oft occasions, and I found myself here. Here, I wasn't quite sure, was a different sort of place. Unlike the cool forest, this was impossibly hot. Unbearably so, were a weaker sort of creature. Fortunately for me, I was not.

I was more than proud of me. I was strong. I was a fighter. I was handsome. Who could resist? Then, on top of it all, I was more than intelligent.

I was a king.

screams. around me. in the air, burning my ears with their hate and agony.

I failed. I failed them all. How dare I? I fed them to the wolves.

what did
I do?

I was on my knees, my head resting against the lava-like ground. My heartrate, speeding, beating, so slow. Nothing made sense. My mind, it shifted, churned.

Then I was in the forest, the green, the sweet air.
The desert, fire. Burns. Agony. A being writhing along the ground. Me? I couldn't tell. All I knew all I could understand was IT. That impossible, unbearable agony.
Green.

My world, it stilled. Pain receded, easily, like water. I felt a tingling awareness of it, before it was gone.

Slowly, I opened my eyes, and stared around me. I was once again in the green forest. Beautiful. Crystilline water lay in a gentle pond before me, fish lazily swiming about. Trees whispered to each other above my head, their branches touching, swaying, dancing.
And I? I was like a chard of glass on a stage. Bound to me stepped on. Bound to bring pain.

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Time had passed, the invasion was over and scars were beginning to form. Kahlua looked to her own healing wound, a foot long laceration on her left thigh. The horn of some terrible, monstrous unicorn had ripped open her flesh. She shuddered just thinking about it. For a moment she stopped, swinging her head around to touch the wound, and sighed. She couldn't believe it. She had gone in thinking she was going to watch a tournament of knights. She left as a wounded warrior, bloodied scared. She had won, somehow. Her stupidity had saved her. Removing her nose from her injury, she looked over herself quickly and shook her head. All traces of blood were gone from her hide, but the injury would likely scar. She was not meant for such marks, she was meant to be a beauty queen.

Regardless of her own feelings on the matter, the herd had come out victorious. For that, the crafter was glad. She loved the Qian and their home in the Edge more than she ever thought she would. It was home with her family; however, family can sometimes be suffocating. She had left the Edge with purpose today- to delve into the Threshold and do one of the few activities that constantly brought her joy. She was on the search to bring home some lost soul looking for a home.

Today, she was in luck. Walking with her head down, she came to a pond of crystal clarity with small fish swimming about. She laughed at their antics, touching her nose to the water to send them rushing off. As she lifted her head to look about her, she was suddenly struck with the image of a stallion. He stood not twenty feet off from her around the pond. Nickering kindly, Kahlua trotted over to him and dipped her head. “Welcome, my friend. I am Kahlua, a crafter of the World's Edge.” She paused momentarily to inspect his waxen horn and strange tail. She was not fazed, though, and if he had an ugly look she did not notice. She was too busy being happy in her own, stupid world. “What should I call you?”

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Eris_ Posts: 97
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Frostie
ERIS
Just give me a reason,
Just a little bit's enough,
Just a second we're not broken, just bent.
Their support unit for the throat had been pathetic, they needed more members. So Eris, the ever faithful leader was wondering the threshold looking for more members. Of course the red haired mare was only looking for a certain type of horse. The rarely accepted those with a normal mind among their ranks. Oh no. They liked that ones that other's pushed aside, her little family was full of those who were crazy, abnormal. Those who you would go out of your way to avoid. Her blue eyes searched the land around her, it was a beautiful day to be out looking for new members. They never struggled to settle in with the rest of the group. Ahead she heard a voice, she paused and listened. She could not actually decipher what words were being said, but she could tell that a female was speaking. Setting a steady pace, the abnormal mare wondered into the gathering.

Polite to put on a good show, the mare studied the black and white mare. A gentle breeze told her that this mare was representing the world's edge. A slightly coy smile danced along Eris' lips and she studied her, it was possible for The Edge and The Asylum to be alliance now that The Asylum had fought for The Throat. Respectfully Eris bowed her head to the mare, a show of good sportsman ship. This mare would not be harmed under Eris' eye. Next the mare studied the stallion before her, he didn't seem to be in this meeting wholeheartedly. Eris also ofered him a tilt of her head before her gentle tones stroked the air. "Friends, my name is Eris." Looking at the stallion she waited for him to introduced himself as well. The Queen knew that he was fresh meat, a possibility for her family to gain another member and hence, more strength.

[[OOC: SO SO SORRY.]]

Unregistered

NOX
nothing but a traitor

My lip curled, I viewed this creature before me. She was...simply arrayed. Nothing ravishing. A quiet...attractiveness. Her glossy black and white coat alternately sucked in the light, reflected it. It was dizzying.

I turned my head, a subtle dismissal. I'd thought she got it, but apparently not, as the female asked my name. I huffed quietly; glanced up at her through my eyelashes, false modesty.

Gaiety had no place for me. Her...sheer joy. It rankled.

"Nuit." A lie. But like many of the small things I remembered from the world before, names are powerful. I refused to give mine to a stranger. especially a happy stranger.

A breeze drifted by, filling my sense with a scent most...unexpected. I turned his head, eyes half-mast. Another female stood before him, tendrils of her hair moving in the wind. She had a more...interesting look. Her hair shone a burnt-cherry color, her coat a myriad of different dots and shades.
She was...different. I arched his neck, my gaze narrowing in on this new character. Eris. Goddess of Chaos.

A slow smile stretched my mouth. I could work with that.

I was on fire. Acid? no. The world was ablaze, my blood spilling across the ground. I...I did...where was Etoiles? Panic clawed up my throat. I pushed myself up, a defeated position. The screams...no. nonononono...She had to be okay.
I swore.

I was...wet? I shook my head, disoriented and wasted. My surroundings still blurred, a mosaic. Disjointed, fractured snippets registered in my mind. A flash of water, beneath me? A worried pair of blue, blue eyes. Green? Grass...
Then everything sharpened, switched. Changed. I jumped up out of the water, shook out my mane. Kicked the residual water off of my hooves. Proudly, I lifted my head. I refused, refused to take pity from them. Whether or not they dished it out...was their prerogative.

I braced myself for the questions; I kept my expression blank. How was I to answer, when I wasn't even sure what was happening myself?

[OOC: haha no worries frostie <3]

Nuit. Kahlua repeated the name several times in her head, as was her habit. She had met so many horses in her short time here, she needed to. Still, though she may not be smart about many things, she was good at being social and names fell easily into that category. Before she had time to even think to respond, another showed her face. Eris. Kahlua accepted her name with a nod. Friends. She did not know why she was friends with this mare, knowing nothing of the Throat's battle that had occurred at the same time as her own, let alone that the Asylum would have fought with them. Even if she did, she had no reason to associate Eris with the strange and unsettling mare Seele that she had met here on a different trip.

A splash interrupted her thoughts (or lack-there-of) and she whirled her head around to look at the pond. She had not seen how he had gotten there, but whether she had seen it or not Nuit was in the water. A cock of her head was all the motion she made, not immediately understanding that he was ill. By the time she did realize it, it did not matter. The stallion was rising again and shaking himself clean. A hoof lifted from the ground to take herself toward him but the proud lift of his head was one thing that she could understand. He did not want her help, and so she placed her hoof back to the ground.

Taking a moment to look to Eris, Kahlua wondered if the mare had any more experience with these matters than herself. Even if answers were written on Eris' face, Kahlua did not find them. She was not very adept at reading the subtle hints and traces of emotion and meaning that were so often displayed in the faces of horses. “We have healers,” she said with something of a question in her voice as she turned to look to Nuit again. She was more confused about whether he needed them or not than if he wanted them or not. “They are well versed in their trade. I'm sure they could help... if you need it. Otherwise she remained quiet, confused about the situation.

@[Nox], @[Eris]
OOC| Check your code, PK. I'm thinking you forgot to close a tag since your table is continuing beyond your post. I didn't check the code myself, though. Put this at the end of your post:
Code:
</font></font></div></td></tr></table></center>

Eris_ Posts: 97
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Frostie
ERIS
Just give me a reason,
Just a little bit's enough,
Just a second we're not broken, just bent.
She watched him, move about the water. Unfortunately Eris had never been one to announce her plans or intent. Instead the bright eyed mare watched his proud movements as he removed himself from the water. It was as if he didn't want their help, the other mare looked at Eris, their gazes caught for a second. Did she read concern on the other mares face? Had this representative from The Edge never met a crazy horse before? Insanity practically ran in Eris' family, every day the friendship with insanity grew more and more friendly. Slowly she moved a little closer to the stallion, inspecting him, wondering if he had what it took to became apart of their family. "I lead a group called The Asylum." Glancing at the other mare, Eris wondered if her next words would scare her...her leaders already knew of their existence, that didn't mean that they liked it though. "We are a group of outcasts, we are all mostly, insane...although a few of our healers are ordinary." She chuckled. Nuit. What an odd name.

Knowing you had the resources to help someone...well it was an odd feeling. Today Eris was on her best behaviour. So her words weren't twisted or evil. They were normal, however her true intent on being here today was still hidden. You see, she wanted this stallion to join them. This golden mare was going to do anything to make that possible. Her family was growing quickly, however they needed more. Eris always wanted more. Quite honestly nothing was ever enough for this evil dame.

Sweet words still had to be spoken however. "You would be welcome among us...you could even build you way up the ranks and be respected." That was a big thing to say. Respect was hard to come by when your mind was as confused and twisted as a rushing stream. Doing her best to not force her help upon him, Eris waited for his response. A coy smile sat on her lips, her blue eyes stared, never leaving their target.

[[OOC:
Code:
</div></table>
Should also work. ^-^]
@[Nox] @[Kahlua]

Unregistered
NOX nothing but a traitor

I eyed the two females. They showed no pity, which was good. Because honestly, what did they have to pity me for?. I was nothing less than perfect...except for that...one... No. I shove it out of my mind, and instead focus on what Kahlua was speaking. I tilted my head to the side, my mouth twisting.

"Healers won't fix something that's not broken." I said, even as I lie to myself. I know something isn't quite clicking in my head. Maybe something fried in that random flash of light. All I know? No one, will get to tell me I'm damaged. I won't accept that. I've always been one step ahead of perfect.
Always.

I won't stop now. Not in a land I've never even heard of before, not by creatures I know so little about. I admit to myself that perhaps her offer isn't completely ludicrous. I know nothing about this strange land. My brain is...well.... And, surely I could always leave if I needed to. But the prospect doesn't draw me in. Nor does the idea of abandoning creatures who help my once I need their help before. I frown slightly. When did I start caring about things like that? Never before did I. I watch closely as Eris glances at Kahula.

I brace myself for her next words. What would she say? And when she does speak, something inside me springs to life. To be in a place where people won't--cannot--judge me? Where they won't sit judgement on every move I make? Not that I ever slip up. But even still... I stared at Eris as her words filled the air. I could feel...an agenda. Something there. I squint, knowing that i should get it. I'm perceptive, always have been.

But she eludes me. It's aggravating. then her offer comes, and I look at her for a moment longer, before I straighten up. I look at this strange yet...interesting female, and pick my words carefully. Respect. The prospect rolls around in my mind like a fine wine. Even as a prince, I didn't earn respect. Nor in what came...after. Always fear. but to be able to earn something like that? How...fabulously absurd. And...fascinating. I look at her a moment longer, before I break eye contact and look just over her shoulder. "I would very much enjoy ... trying out your group." I keep my voice level. I don't want to lay forth any form of excitement or interest. Not until I know for sure I could stay in this place without sacrificing a part of me.

"<3333"

The Asylum. Kahlua's ears flickered and she almost cocked her head, although she made little other motion. Her leaders knew of the group, but she herself did not. We are all mostly, insane. Her eyes narrowed just a bit as she looked at this other, still not connecting her with Seele. If she was smarter, she may have; as it was, she was only a simple being. After all, Seele had practically touted mental handicap as a glorious thing. Kahlua blew a soft puff of air from her nose as the other mare went on speaking. It did catch her ears that rank and respect could be earned among them. The two things were high on Kahlua's list of needs. She was working her way up through the Edge, of course, but it was slow going and she still was not pleased with herself. Nevertheless, the respect of a herd meant more to Kahlua than the respect of an unknown outcast group. She was not tempted the way some others may be, the way this stallion surely would be.

Though the stallion claimed to be not broken, Kahlua was not so sure. She could not recall a time she had seen a horse thrash about in the water as he had. Of course, there were plenty of things she had not seen. She was not at all versed in matters such as these. Clearly, Eris was. Her sweet words had drawn in the stallion with ease and Kahlua cursed the heavens again. Her recent trips here had not been fruitful at all and she was beginning to get frustrated. The emotion showed on her face for a moment, though a half-smile remained on her lips. “Good luck,” she said quietly, blue eyes watching the stallion. “My offer still stands, should you change your mind.” And with that she dipped her head and walked away, leaving the two to their peace.

@[Nox], @[Eris]