the Rift

[PRIVATE] Down With The Vermin

Chemical Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
You see, I wasn't exactly one all for games and using my own damn family to rush into a battle we didn't particularly know if we wanted to fight in just yet. We weren't ready and we needed our damn priorities straight before doing something big and potentially meaning death to us all. You see, I had just recently been freed and oh, I can assure you, I just wasn't going back. Not today, not tomorrow, not for as far as I could see. That much I could assure you.

You see, I would be changing things up. I would be watching my every damn step, and I would be pinpointing every snake along my path. Especially the ones who were about to strike. When they struck, I would be quick to stomp their heads into the ground about a million times and then put their severed heads on a pike to display to the world.

We were Assassins, my love. Not daisies; haha, no. Just, absolutely, no. Though we may be acting like it right now, it would all be changing very soon; coming to a theater oh so near you. Yes, these child games of hopscotch and tag were to stop. Now. Let the chess pieces move, the die roll, and the poker chips be counted.

What brought me to the Heavenly Fields right now? Probably because it was closer to the Foothills. I had a confirmation on our alliance now; we were not enemies. With that in mind, I could focus on other things now knowing that we did have someone backing us. We weren't no longer alone. We might have a chance at this losing battle.

I stalked through the fields cautiously with my arched neck curving in such a way that carried a certain regal look to it. My black wings were folded neatly beside my body, held out slightly to feel the breeze underneath them as I galloped at a speed where Speirling could catch up. I left her and Kilchii within my sights in the night so I could see them all the time while I approached for this meeting. I had heard things hadn't gone down so... smoothly with one of our other members. I turned around, facing my children.

They weren't too far off. The meadow was indeed to a point where though it was misty, I could still see from the moon above. My ears were appointed in different directions; one to my side and one to my rear to listen for any presence. The way this grass crunched when a small hoof fell on it was no place where someone could sneak up on me.

This rendezvous point was where I was supposed to meet this filly; Harmony, I believe her name was.

@[Harmony]

[PM if you wish to join.]
image credits

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.

H a r m o n y

Until you are in Harmony with yourself, you are not complete.

I walked through my favorite land, my clefts disturbing the ever so still stems of wilting grass and wheat. There was an eerie light covering the land, a thick blanket of mist engulfed it all. The sky was scattered with small fluffy clouds. Tonight is a night that I would imagine the killers to roam. Only the sneakiest of them all, though. There was a silence that made us all stiffen. It made it easy for even the smallest mouse to run across the ground, and your ear drums would eagerily eat the noise, letting you configure what the creature was.

If I had a battle to be fought, I would want it to be fought on a night like this one. The spray of my enemies blood would not be carried by the wind, it would simply stay in one place, so I could bask in the satisfying scent of death and writhing pain. He lingered at my thoughts, and poisoned them with his dark words. I now have more control now that I have matured. He can no longer control my actions and force me to do things. The only time he demands me to do things is when I wish for him to do so. My mind now feels so lonely without his deathly thoughts, his dark words. It's bittersweet I must say... I do somewhat miss him, but, I don't wish for him to be back like he used to. If only he could still talk to me... I feel so lonely now without it, without my blood-thirsty friend controlling my actions.

I came over a small rise, only to let my pools rest upon the frame of a mare. I squinted, noticing two smaller figures near by. A smile appeared upon my kissers. Why, it was Chemical! Oh, how I couldn't wait to meet her! I must tell Tonka when we have finished talking. I could tell him all about it, to keep my mind off other things, that is.

I trotted forward, my dainty hooves making a not so necessary noise as I trotted up. I faced her, slowly slipping by her foals, so she would know I do not pose a threat. I smiled politely, dipping my dome as I did so.

" Dear Chemical! How I have heard so many kind words of you. I am Harmony. Tonka and I have formed a great friendship during his time at the Edge, and now, I wish to return to the Assassins with him, and call it my new home! "

I lowered my dome, letting all my muscles relax. I then chuckled a bit, my blue pools meeting Chemical's eyes. My polite smile deepened. This was amazing. My new life, right before my clefts. This beautiful mare standing before me would chose my future.

@[Chemical]
Table by @[Harmony] - SarhaharaS1@DA

Chemical Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I heard hoof beats nearing me and my child both. One of my ears swiveled forward and my arching neck flexed as I looked into the distance. She went by my children and my body tensed as I prepared to spring full force into action, wings coming undone and everything. However, it was apparent she meant no harm; her body language wreaked of it.

She quickly announced her title and my head rose from it's tense state. It carried a regal appearance now and spoke of authority. My midnight black body dipped a nod at her as she approached and when she did she carried quite a message that rung my ears.

"Of course. A pleasure to meet you as well. You must be Harmony. I apologize for the rather ridiculous meeting with another one of us. Things are changing now. For the better, this time.

I lowered my head, crimson eyes boring into hers observantly.

Now, you said you wished to join the Assassins, yes? And are currently part of the World's Edge. Now, I do not mean this in a rude way, but please do explain, how exactly do we have your word and how exactly can we trust you?

In other words, how do we know that you won't return to the Edge with our own information?"

image credits