the Rift

[OPEN] Beck'n Call [REQUEST TO JOIN]

Apache Renoen Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The pegasus snorted, pawing the loose sand that threatened to swallow his hooves. He was unused to the desert and its shifting, changing ground. One minute it was solid rocky earth, treacherous to the unsure-of-foot, the next it was soft sand that threatened to suddenly sink into a hole and break a horse's leg. With a flap that disturbed the air sending dusting rolling away from him, Apache opened his wings. With a strong downward thrust he sent himself shooting into the sky, an explosion of dust erupting beneath him as the sand was disturbed by his launch.

With two thrusts of his wings the stallion maneuvered himself backward, onto firmer ground next to a glowing tree just on the border of the herd's territory. He had been walking along the Dragon's Throat's borders for some time now, seeking a herd member to request admittance. He had been alone for long enough, now was the time to seek a home, a family. With that thought he had remembered Midas and Apollo, the two kind stallions who had offered him a place within their own respected herds.

Acting upon the kind welcome Apache had ventured toward the Throat, feeling drain to the desert despite its treacherous ground and over whelming heat. He was a horse built to withstand the freezing cold, yet he sought a life within a scorching desert, the comedy was not lost on him. Perhaps in time he would grow accustom to the heat that would ravage the land in the summer months, he at least wouldn't have any problem with the freezing cold nights. Stamping the hard ground Apache scanned the moonlit desert for any sign of life. Finding none he let out a long low whicker, calling to any equine who lived within these lands, asking them to meet him at their border. Then, all grew quiet as the waiting began.

Ace Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Ace quietly made his way around the perimeter of his homeland, on patrol. Ever since he had been made a soldier he had been taking his new position very seriously, and tried to take patrols and watch the borders as much as he could. Though the golden sun still remained absent from the sky, Dragon’s Throat was feeling particularly warm today, especially considering that there was no wind. As he continued on his tour of duty, he had noticed that with the Earth God now present once again in Helovia, everything in their predominantly barren home seemed to grow a little taller, the Dragon’s Blood tree looked healthier and even the moon flowers had begun to bloom more brightly.

Feeling a little too hot for his liking, Ace spread his dark wings and launched himself into the sky, deciding to walk along a part of the Dragon’s Throat Wall that was actually finished to see if he could catch a breeze. It felt good to have the wind run through his mane when he was flying to the top, as the heat was starting to make his hair stick to his neck with sweat. When he reached the wall though, he found no such relief. What breeze there was on the great wall barely swayed his tail. The stallion sighed and flew down to the dusty floor again, and was about to continue on when he heard a lengthy nicker coming from up ahead. The soldier couldn't help but feel a twinge of fear, last time a horse entered their borders it had been to signal an invasion that they just managed to win. Hesitantly, he whinnied back and trotted towards the creator of the sound.

As he neared, Ace could see this equine was a Pegasus like him, which put him a little more at ease. This stallion though was much taller than him, and had the most peculiar coat colour Ace had ever seen. The new Pegasus had the coat colour of metal that had been left out in the rain too long and so was rusting, except the rust was broken up by lighter dapples, the same colour as his mane and tail. Remembering his manners, the soldier bowed his head at the newcomer “My name is Ace of Dragon’s Throat, may I be of assistance to you in anyway?”

Apache Renoen Posts: N/A
Unregistered
An answering call reached the stallion's ears shortly after his own whinny had faded into the darkness. Ears perked forward Apache stomped a hoof in anticipation, shaking his head to move his forelock out of his eye. When the other Pegasus appeared he offered a whicker in greetings, happy to see another of his own kind. Tail flicking Apache bobbed his head to the other's words. "Greetings, I am Apache Renoen." He answered, his voice smooth and friendly. "A time ago I was told of your home, I hope to join your ranks, if you'll have me." he was yet uncertain if he would be accepted into the family. Of course he was uncertain if this herd was what he was looking for, their standards could have changed since he had spoken to Midas.

He felt nervous despite of himself, but he held himself with a quiet dignity, never once letting on that he was having doubts. Unsure of Ace's rank within this herd Apache was not entirely sure how to react with him, sticking with his normal respectful demeanor he cocked his head. "It has been some time since I have met another of my kind." he commented, feeling as if he was grasping at straws. He was at a loss for words, finding it far easier to speak to woman then men. Wasn't that how things were supposed to work, Stallions preferring to be with mares? Perhaps that wasn't the case for some, but for him he preferred to be around mares, to see them smile. Of course he didn't mind talking to other stallions or geldings, so long as the conversation was good. Right now it was barely even started and he felt rather rusty.

@[Ace]