the Rift

[OPEN] F-@-|-|_

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy

The flower-girl came back from the wedding with news of a divorce.

Having the fled the gritty sand and dust of the Throat, I made my way home, the familiar place I had grown up for for much of my young life, except for a brief time where I had roamed in a sketchy, dark forest that I had little love for. Even in the memories, I still shudder to remember the slimy green algae blossoming on stagnant ponds and the paths full of briars and thorns that tug and tore at my fragile, almost-pearl golden skin. I had the slightest of notches in my right nostril from a particularly stubborn branch that had gotten itself caught in my nose- luckily, the tiny nick was nigh-impossible to see. For once, I don't think Ru had been with me during the time I had romped off looking for a non-existent Prince Charming. I wonder if she would've laughed. Right now, I didn't feel like I knew her anymore. Scratch that- I didn't. She had just abandoned me, and it stung.

I didn't move the fastest on the way back, I'm sorry to say, but I didn't see any point in rushing when the mercenaries that were my family were probably moving slowly to the mountains from the Edge, covered in wounds and cuts and bloody injuries. Ugh, war. Mother had fought in it- I thought it was particularly daring of her; after all, she might have scarred her pretty coat.

Secretly, I was glad that I was too young to participate in the invasion, even if it meant I might not be as valuable. I wouldn't want to ruin my beautiful looks at only ten months.

At long last, I crested the last hill before the familiar, vaguely primitive smell of stone and cold mountains washed over me. For a moment I hovered there uncertainly, glancing at my tail self-consciously and wishing I had a moment to clean myself up a bit (a few burrs had snagged on my coat here and there, and there were some prominent mud stains of my fetlocks that I hadn't time to wash off). Still, it was probably more important to get the news (since when had I became a messenger? I don't know what I'm doing anymore. Although I suppose spies sort of are messengers.) to hard-faced Ktulu, who always looks like she has something stuck up her ass. And yet... she protected the herd, and was a leader since before I was born. "KTULLUUUU." I shout, flicking my lush, full tail and careening down the slope in a swift, ground-eating canter.

I slow, sweat still glistening on my neck and haunches from my run the last few kilometers, making me shine like sun on morning dew (despite being a little smelly).

I wonder if it would be too dramatic to shout out the news to the mountaintops.

Yeah, I should probably just wait.

Image Credits

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu</style>
when the sky turns gray and everything is screaming
i will reach inside just to find my heart is beating
</style>

"KTULLUUUU!"

Her dark head raised, ears flicking forward at the shout of her name in the darkness. As always, all it took was the subtle tilt of her head and a flick of her ear and Eytan set off into the darkness with Ktulu and young Ranjiri trailing behind him. "Shadow." The single word echoed in her head and visions of creamy gold and white followed. It did not take a genius to figure out who it was that had been calling for her. Phaedra's only child that had stayed in the Foothills, the one that had wanted to follow in her mother's hoofsteps and be a spy. Why was she not calling on Apollo? He was the one who was the head of her branch.

She crested a hill and looked down, seeing Raeden down in the ravine and Eytan's hulking form lurking around her in the moonlight. Ktulu set forward at a trot with Ranjiri at her side. There were all sorts of possibilities that ran through her head as to why Raeden could have been calling for her. First and foremost was news of the invasion and if the Basin had been successful in taking the Edge. News on if her warriors were making their way back. Any movement from the Assassins or the Asylum.

The dark mare's pace slowed until she was at a walk then she halted and stood facing the golden girl's daughter. "You have news?" The Constrictor asked, deciding to get straight to the point of the meeting. Beside her Ranjiri walked forward, her small wings ruffling as she looked at the filly who wasn't much older than herself and was allowed to go off on her own without any sort of consequence.

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy

The Constrictor's arrival was first announced by the huff of a bear's breath, the scrape of his claws against the earth, and then he appeared, short and stout, wrinkled wet nose and black lips, small beady eyes and shaggy fur. I didn't flinch at Eytan; he was a well-known presence around the Foothills, being the companion of our military leader. Speaking of Ktulu, I did wonder why she hadn't gone to war herself. Ah... she did have Ranjiri. What would it be like being raised by our most kind, generous Chieftess' hip?

"Ktulu, I came from the Dragon's Throat. The Aurora Basin attempted to invade the Tuuli; they have failed. I didn't see the outcome of the World's Edge battle or how your soldiers fared." Seeing the simplicity of her words, I return the favor. There isn't any use in wasting extra words on something so basic. The Throat won. The Basin lost. I could have wasted time wondering outloud if the Aurora Basin might launch a single attack the next time, and how stupid they might be, and perhaps our healers could tend to them and further indebt the herd to us; but I didn't waste my breath. That was her problem to figure out with Apollo.

I shift my weight, resting a hoof, my breathing a little short. Shaking my head firmly, I adjusted the way my slightly wavey mane rested on my neck, and curled my neck a touch. It was very important to always look your best.

Image Credits