the Rift

[OPEN] X Amount of Words [Spies/Shadows Meeting]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
A P O L L O

And how can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
Apollo knew that he needed to act. Ktulu had named him Chief of the Foothills, thinking him worthy enough to lead beside her and cultivate the fundamentals of the Grey, but there were times when he wondered if she had made the right choice. The overo wasn't aggressive, assertive, or pushy. He wasn't stern, nor could he glare holes through the back of skulls like Ktulu could... He wondered if he even had the respect of his herdmates, and especially the respect of his spies.

Leading material was definitely something that he lacked, and Apollo knew that he needed to change.

Apollo knew, since day one, that he would never be able to fill the void that Ophelia had left during her departure. And he never wanted to. Taking the Forsaken's place had never been on his mind. The stallion never wanted to replace Ophelia, but simply... Carry on where she had left off. And yet, there was still a void within the Foothills since the pale lady had left. Hopefully they would hold their own without her.

Coming to a stop atop the waterfall that crested through the Foothills, Apollo's eyes lingered upon the star-filled sky for a few moments before he sucked in a deep breath. Head poised high, he called out for those that he needed. "Spies, shadows! Please, hear my words. There are things that we need to discuss." Apollo's words were demanding, steadfast... Things needed to happen, to change, less they possibly lose the home that they had worked so hard to gain. Progress needed to be made.

Letting out a soft breath, the black and white stallion stood and waited, a breeze stirring the strands of his mane. Soon he would find out the answer to his worries.

[ooc: This is a meeting for the ranks of Spies/Shadows of the Foothills, so Raeden, Phaedra, and Mesec, and Ktulu if she wishes. If you would like to join this thread, or possibly change your rank to Spy, PM me please.]

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
A STORY FOREVER TOLD, BUT NEVER OLD.
A WARM ARRIVAL NEVER LEFT SO COLD.
</style>

Silence. It enveloped her now, rattling her caged mind and distracting her from all that she felt was so blatantly wrong with the Grey. Thoughts of leaving constantly scattered and blew through her thoughts, like so many autumn leaves. Beautiful to look at, but comprised of death, once inspected closer.

She couldn't leave them. She would not be like Ophelia...There was a time, in her heart, she knew that if the white mare had asked, she would have followed. She would have forsaken them all, to follow her teacher. But Ophelia had not asked, and Phaedra had not left.

Instead, she had been thrown into battle.

Battle.

Bruises battered her chest from where that damned pansy-assed mare had thrown sticks at her. Sticks! Like a child! Phaedra's sooty breast was still an ugly purple where the largest of the sticks had struck her, and yet still she moved with poise and grace. Her long and lean legs carrying her easily, and silently through the foliage. Her magic did nothing for her in her battle, but at least it comforted her now, to know that even though her teacher was gone, replaced by a medic that she might have loved at one point, she was still something.

Wasn't she?

The tree's parted as if with a sigh, allowing the golden girl to emerge soundlessly from their grasp. Her sea green gaze washed over the black and white stallion, she had stolen from the Threshold so long ago. For a moment she said nothing, her laughing eyes revealing little of the internal trauma to her soul. But the silence did not last; as she released the grip on that which made her silent, her body began to slowly glimmer and sparkle, like a star in the middle of the eternal night.

"You called, sugar?" She asked quietly, her head dipping low in greeting, as her wings rose at her sides, neatly pushing the branches of trees from her lithe form.

Image Credits
 HP: 45.5

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
 Have you ever noticed how every hurricane gets its name from a girl like this?
You're gonna wish you had a storm warning; you're gonna wish you had a sign.
</style>

Even in Birdsong, the eternal night carried on.

I missed the sun.

Ophelia was gone. I thought about it, not as frequently as the older members of the herd, who had joined long ago under her and Ktulu's banner. It wasn't right to Ophelia to leave us, to leave my mother. The Forsaken had been... she had been part of what had brought the Gray together, forged us into a cohesive unit rather than a bunch of rag-tag horses with no purpose. Ktulu had helped glue us together, certainly, but wasn't the silver-red mare what truly ignited our desire and passions? How could one not admire her, not like her? I'm too young for these heavy thoughts about what's right and wrong. My world isn't divided into black or white- there are only choices, no bad ones, only better ones. Pick your poison. Ophelia had left. Why should I- who hardly knew her- dwell on the thoughts any longer? All I needed to know was Apollo had some mighty big hoofprints to fill, and I was confident he could do it.

I flipped my mane over my crest, letting it settle in creamy waves, tipping my muzzle side to side until my long, pearl forelock was centered on my forehead. Lifting my sleek, shining tail, arching my neck, elevating my haunches, I made my way to the voice that had pulled me away from my dreaming, my steps deceptively light and carefree. Inwardly, I was practically sweating from the dreaded thought of tripping on the way up to my leader and my mother. I had to make Phaedra proud, and have her love me now, before I was maybe, one day, more beautiful and more strong and more sexually appealing than her (which might make her jealous since I would be young and pretty when she was getting old and wrinkly, though hopefully nothing would happen).

My mother was sparkling in the dark trees away, shining with an inner light, and adoration glowed in my heart. She was so breath-takingly beautiful, even scarred and battered. I didn't know how any stallion could stand to take their eyes off her- she was almost an angel on earth, especially when she turned on her sparkling, alluring magic.

"Mother, Apollo," I greet them formally, slowing to a walk as I neared the two, even as I let a cheeky sort of bright-eyed young smile liven up my face. My eyes, just a shade darker than Phaedra's, lift to meet Apollo's, a shine of curiosity giving them a bit of a rougish sparkle to them (I hoped). It was a look I had rehearsed over and over by the calm waters of pools left by heavy rains; a look I designed to attempt to be trustworthy and have a sort of... aura to me that was charming and innocent, one that some horses might take for dumb. If I was posing to look a little blonde, that was okay by me. They would see my outer kitten, not my inner vixen, the one that would carefully record every bit of information they told the foolish horse whom they did not expect to remember anything.

Image Credits

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

mesec</style>

The words pierced the night sky, calling for those committed to backing the Foothills with valuable information. Spies, shadows, intelligence; different names for the same thing, but I knew that for once, I was included in this group. That realization caused my heart to swell with pride, my sullen mood momentarily forgotten. Allowing the darkness to consume me completely, wrapping about my limbs until even the lighted sections of my body were gone, I willed myself to form near the top of the waterfall of the Foothills near the land's newest leader, Apollo.

My feelings towards the overo were generally good ones, for I'd never been given a reason to dislike the horned stallion. He had been nothing but kind to me, showing me his own trust when the darkness had first fallen over the lands. But as good as he had been to me, I found it difficult to try and forge a closer relationship to the new Chief and call him friend. I had already been let down so many times in my young life, and I wasn't sure that my soul could handle yet another heartbreak. It was Ophelia that should have been standing there before me, but she had left, and I wouldn't dare hold that against Apollo. It was not he who had dealt me a terrible hand in this game of life.

Lifting my pale eyes to Apollo's blue, I flashed the older male a gentle smile and offered him the slightest dip of my head. I had questions, but I wouldn't voice them until the overo had been given the chance to explain this all himself. What was needed of the shadows? Who would train those new to the ranks, such as myself? Worry blossomed in my chest at the thought of failing this rank altogether, but with a steady inhale, I managed to keep myself calm, mind clear and ready to take whatever orders I received.

Two others had come forth to offer their services, one I could recall as Phaedra, and the other whose name I was unaware of, but knew instantly by her words that Phaedra was her mother. Both were offered a cheerful look, though I had to squint against the light given off by the mare. They were to become my comrades, and I could not wait to be sent into action by our new Chief.

"talk talk talk"
  one morning breaks, one night will end
  break from this world and live again
breathless-dk, EveLivesey, and Burtn @ deviantart.com
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times