the Rift

[OPEN] Darling Victory, my gratitude

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the MOON

Moon god like quote here~

Mists herald her coming, thickening between the trees like a white blanket, guarding them in obscurity. The soft glow of the mood seemed to make the mist grow, moving softly, seeking one. Like long fingers on an ethereal hand, the mists sought Mirage, pulling her toward the center of the land where the trees grew tall and old. The goddess stood, looking tired, average. Most of the radiance and power that emanated from her was diminished in this blight of darkness.

Exhaustion plagued her, making her stunning, strange eyes look tired. While her siblings were in the abyss, the land was hers to care for alone, and the job was not an easy one. However, this gift, a gift to Mirage, would help her and hopefully be an honor onto the moon-loving leader. The invasion had to go without her blessing, but she had been confident in the Dragon Heart, and her confidence had been well founded.

A few talented fighters from the north against the might and passion of the dragon army was no assurance of victory. The loyalty she felt here would not go unrewarded. So she stood, waiting for the one who lead them, who lead her Hellena, to arrive. The goddess stood patiently, resting her hind legs and closing her eyes and she inhaled the scents of her forest. She smiled softly. "Mirage," she whispered, the sound seemed to murmur from every tree, racing through the forests as an eerie wind rustled the leaves of the trees.

[[Take your time, hun!]]

@[Mirage]

CREDITS

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

Mirage the DragonHeart

Victory.

It had been the plan all along. To lure them, to taunt them, to tickle them, irritate them, annoy them and snag their attention. To gain a reaction from them, a reaction that they could control to their will. To face the fiends on the icy shelves of the North would have been foolish, it was best to lure them down, on grounds that they had once lived but did not know so well, and crush them in defeat. Crush indeed they had, with the majority of her warriors coming out unmet in battle or otherwise victorious. There were certainly some wounds to attend to, though Mirage's own bruised bodice would heal in its own time. Akaith murmured from her aerial view above her beloved, as they walked, alone but together, in the wake of the battle. Vikram had gone South to see the safe return of the youth of the Edge. Vaguely mirage became aware of the lack of prisoners that walked her woods - she figured they must have used what shred of intelligence they had left and fled the lands in the distraction of the failed invasion. Truly, it did not bother her.

Had they not proven their strength? Surely those who would oppose them would think twice now. The Edge had risen victorious despite the Basin having taken measures to ensure they had extra warriors hailing from the Foothills to aid them. And still, the Qian won. She knew she would have to leave her home soon, and deal with the leaders of the Grey - she was as yet unaware of the recent shuffle in leadership there. The mercenaries did not scare her, they were not successful in their previous attempts to steal her members and nor were they successful here. She had some small token of respect for Ophelia, for the pale maiden had taken the time to at least speak to Mirage, but actions spoke louder than mere words, and the Grey's actions had been foolish to say the least.

In this world of eternal moonlight, Mirage walked, breathing her surrounds, the home she had earned the right to call her own at least twice now. As always, her eyes are drawn to the celestial body that has reined supreme in the skies for an uncountable amount of days recently. But the Moon has reined supreme in the heart of the mare since her night of birth, and though Mirage mourned her absence, she was the first to return to the lands, to bless them all with her ethereal, muted light once more. Did that make her the strongest, the greatest? No, but perhaps the most cunning. Mirage respected all of the Gods for what they were, but she truly loved, adored and gave thanks to the Goddess of the Moon, the celestial Lady Luna.

A vibration seemed to travel over and through the lands, the very mists seemed to grow excited, the shadows around her began to dance and swirl with a life of the own. The golden dragon flew down from her heights above to land upon the tender back of the WeyrLeader, crooning softly as the very trees seemed to whisper her name. With some semblance of fluid grace that was stiffened by her recent clash with Donovan, the shadowy mare went where her heart pulled her, finding her way not with her eyes and ears, but with the melody that sung to the very fibres of her being. It was comparable to the bond that was between her and her golden dragon, deep and indescribable, but without a doubt, present, true and strong. Mirage lived for her family, for her mate, her daughters, her siblings. But Mirage existed for the Moon Goddess. Everyone in this herd put their faith in her, and she her best to be true to them, to earn that faith and trust. She in turn put that adoration to the Moon Goddess.

The violet outline of her Goddess became clear, the mists seemed to pour from her very bodice, the shadows seemed to rejoice in her presence. Happiness and relief flared up in the mare, for to see her Goddess always brought her joy, and to see her alive despite everything she had heard occurred with their battle over a rift, brought her relief. "My Lady," Mirage's silky tones delivered the words with much reverence, as if to breathe in her presence was an honour in itself. Nape curled as her tiara lowered down, even Akaith upon her withers bowed her draconic crown down to the Goddess. "The Edge rejoices your return."
image credits
table by whit

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.

H a r m o n y

Until you are in Harmony with yourself, you are not complete.

My dainty clefts sunk into the moist soil as I walked on through my homeland, wishing to meet one of importance to converse about my leave. I slunk to the shadows, waiting patiently for one to arrive or possibly just pass through. I was hoping to speak to my leader, Mirage, but it was a slight chance. I walked on the edge of a small clearing. My battered body and stained coat camouflage me.

The feeling of failure is not one I am used to. I did not fail in a fight against beings, a failed in a fight against nature. It was my juvenile mind that urged me to look over the cliff, only to stumble and take a long, hard tumble. With no help, I have not been healing. I have been looking, wandering, asking, but no one is here for me, no one is willing. Maybe it is truly time for me to leave the Edge, and call the Assassin's land mine. Being with my new father, Tonka, is something that I have dreamed of. Being with a family that actually cares, oh... How sweet it sounds.

I stop, the breeze that caresses my long locks is tinted with the smell of a being. I raise my dome, lifting my maw and flaring my scenters to establish what it is that is floating on the breeze. I close my blue pools, focusing. The faint smell of a Unicorn and an Equine are noticed. A smile floats across my kissers. With another deep breath, my large frame heaves, and I restrain from the shadows. Letting the moonlight cloak my painted coat only makes me feel more powerful, more joyous, although, why do I feel so mighty? Here, I am of no importance. I am simply a friendly filly with a dark side.

My clefts bring me few steps closer to the little meeting, but suddenly, I am taken aback by the feeling of importance that smacks me across the dome. I dart my eyes from one to another, noticing that the dark one is none-the-less, Mirage. Is that the importance? My orbs linger across the frame of the unusually colored Unicorn and I gasp. Antheia has mentioned what the Moon God looks like, she said she had heard it from many tales. Standing before me was my leader, and The God of The Moon. I had no business here, but oh, this was so intriguing.

I stepped forward, my long limbs sturdy under my shoulders. I come to a halt, dipping my dome in a way of respect to the two. When I raise my cranium, a polite smile is displayed on my kissers, my voice is soft and quiet.

" Hello. I am Harmony, one of the World's Edge. I apologize for intruding on your, important, meeting. "

{I hope you guys don't mind if Harmony jumps in (:}

@[Mirage]
Table by @[Harmony] - SarhaharaS1@DA

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the MOON

The goddess awaited the response of the war-victor, standing calm and poised, at home in her forest. Not only had the Qian won the war for her land, but they had proven themselves worthy of keeping it, worthy of residing in her misty halls. By the sweat of their brow and the work of their hooves, the modest band persevered, even without the aid of brother sun's allies. Without comrades from the south and against the might of the Basin and the sell swords of the Foothills, the World's Edge stood, proudly. How could the Goddess not swell with pride? Smile with dignity? For her herd was strong. They were powerful and many. No other god could boast of such talent - at least not in her oh, so humble opinion.

A cry of gold alerted her to Mirage's presence, though the mare's signature of life was easily written anywhere she walked. The dark one and her golden companion bowed, and the goddess felt fulfilled. However, the battle-weary leader was the one who deserved to be rewarded today. The goddess drew a hoof back and bent her own, elegant neck in respect to Mirage, lifting it once again with pride and a beaming smile.

"I expected to return to shambles across the world, but you have... exceeded my every expectation," she praised. The goddess' wings were tucked to her side so that they were almost entirely invisible. She sighed a breath of relaxation. "My return is only a small addition to your glorious victory. Even in my absence, you have proven yourselves - your skills. But, the notice is appreciated nonetheless."

The goddess hummed in thought. "I have been meaning to give you a reward, Mirage, but what gift could I grant to suit you?" She wondered aloud. "The thought has been most perplexing, but I finally believe that I have something apt." The purple mare smiled before the sound of another caught her ear. She smiled softly, but her eyes were stern.

She nodded to the addition to the conversation. "I am simply rewarding your leader for her time and dedication to this victorious herd." The goddess then turned her attention back to the object of her attention, the recipient of her gifts.

"To you, Mirage, I grant the night."

[[OOC:

Congratulations! Due to your continued activity and Mirage's dedication, she has earned one of the two options. The admin couldn't decide which one you would want or would fit her better.

- The passive magic that makes everywhere she goes appear to be night time with an alternating lunar cycle depending on her mood. (cant be turned off)

- A special amulet/totem/gem that brings night wherever she walks. This can be removed, given away, taken, but allows her the ability to choose when she wants night to follow her or not.

You can choose in your response!

]]

CREDITS

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

Mirage the DragonHeart

Did Mirage truly understand what it was she led? The Qian were strong, of that she had never doubted, for it was built upon foundations of truth, of love, of honour and of a vow to protect one another. They had protected their home this day, they had proved once again that they were where the power lies in this world. They had triumphed, time and time again, and they would only continue to grow as new blood was born, or joined their ranks. The Dragon's Throat, their allies and comrades, had not come to their aid - but Mirage did not think negative of them, rather, she wondered just what might have caught their attention. The thought of their mutual enemy having attempted to thwart both herds at once had occurred to her - that was half the reason why her brother had ventured south with the youth, to ensure their safe passage. The Qian had survived regardless, and she trusted that the Tuuli would as well.

The bowing of the Goddess' elegant tiara was received with surprise, swiftly followed by a humble delight. The time since the Lunar Lady's warning to trust only in those they knew had been tumultuous - how many threats had the herd dealt with, and triumphed, since? The Assassins' original founder was found rotting in their prison cell after she had declared intentions against their home. Since then, numerous others had tried to make off with assorted members of the Edge, and then when challenged directly, fell to the Qian's might. Mirage maintained that she had acted only when provoked - they had made the first insult, and they paid for it dearly. Now, in the wake of the war, they had all left her lands, and she was glad for it. She only hoped that they learned their lesson this time, and would not attempt to steal the lands the Qian so obviously deserved.

Another arrived, her words were quiet. Mirage's attention shifted to the newcomer, a face she did not recognise, and for that, she felt a pang of regret. Always she was busy with the affairs of running a herd, ensuring the masses were safe, and often sacrificing time she would have otherwise spent building a more solid relationship with those who followed her lead. Mirage tilted her tiara to the youthful girl, acknowledging her words with a whisper of a wuffle, before politely redirecting her focus back to the ethereal presence of the Lunar Lady before them.

A gift?

Had the Goddess not given her enough already? To Mirage, the Moon had guided her entire life. She was born beneath it, raised beneath it, and forevermore, she longed to find herself a home that allowed her to feel near it, always. When Mirage thought of the Moon Goddess, she felt gratitude, for if not for her, this land would not exist. If not for her, she would not be allowed to rule here, to live here, to reside, to survive, to thrive. And she wanted to bestow upon Mirage a gift?

The night?

The night?

"My Lady," she began, barely able to articulate the flood of emotions rolling through her. It was at this time, when her emotions were close to getting the better of her, that the mare composed herself - mostly for the other equine that was present. She knew, that no matter what, the Goddess could read all that went on in the very depths of her shadowy, devious mind, and so the mare smiled a small, knowing smile at her Goddess. The sculpted crown that held her brain gave a small nod, as the mare expressed all that she could not verbally communicate directly to the Lunar Lady through her thoughts alone. Outwardly she was impassive, a façade of stony indifference, but inside, she whirled with gratitude, with honour, with awe. "You honour me, and my kin," was all her voice sung with its smooth, honey-lyric tones, knowing that the Goddess would understand the true depth of gratitude and worship she felt for her.

[[ ooc :: I would like it to be an item, please. If possible, something like this, with could be wrapped either around the dock of her tail or the cannon bone of one of her forelegs - up to you ultimately, however :3

Thank you so much <3333 ]]
image credits
table by whit

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.

H a r m o n y

Until you are in Harmony with yourself, you are not complete.

The importance of this chat was beautiful, I am happy to be a part of it, and to hear what happens. When Mirage, my leader, acknowledges me, I simply flash her a polite smile and dip my dome.

I decide to walk to Mirage, and stand by her side. With careful steps, I approach the duo. I slip to stand beside Mirage, the side of my bodice brushing hers. I stifle a nervous chuckle, and focus on the Moon God. She is magnificent, I must say. Very beautiful. When her and Mirage finish speaking, I decide it is okay for me to speak also.

" I really hope you two don't mind. It is great to be in your presence. Miss Moon, when you are finished here with Mirage, I would love to converse with you."

I dip my dome once again and restrain from the two, stepping backwards then to my left. I stand a few horse lengths away, but still in sight and in hearing range. My curiosity probably makes me come off rude. I hope not though. I only wish to ask her a few questions, I hope she understands that I wish not to take away from her precious time here.

I wish to ask her of a quest. Although, my gut tells me that this is not the time. It is intruding. But I must ask. I have so many questions and that is but one of them. I have been wishing to speak to one as mighty and powerful as this one, and I take this as the moment it is granted, if she wants to speak to me that is. To her I must look like a useless filly who is of no importance. I hope she notices that I may not be special, but oh do I have some serious potential.

@[Mirage]
Table by Wild. - SarhaharaS1@DA

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.</style>
But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.</style>

I sought my sister, following the voice which called her home, the echo in the trees as familiar to me as my heartbeat. Mother, mentor, goddess and friend, the Moon is as much my family as anyone else, a single constant in tumultuous ventures and the wandering beat of troubled hooves; she has taught me and guided me, acting as a beacon since my eyes first opened upon this world. It is for her, for her land, that we have fought, for her that we hold so tight- her and Mirage, our golden dragon, my little shade. War comes upon us, the crashing wave of a serpent's wrath, and for them we stand tall and hold ourselves against the storm, weather the fools and curse the demons.

I stood in a war and fought no foe, yet felt a heaviness grow within my heart. How long must we fight against the cruelty of ignorance, the self-indulgence of the blind? How long can I carry on putting on a face for a cause I don't believe in, a family I do not love? I would fight for Mirage, for my brothers... my lovers... I fought for the child we have brought into this bitter world. I would fight for the fillies who call me aunt- but who else, really, in this herd I claim as mine? Torasin is dead, Solstice dead... Vikram fails to hold my esteem, and I have not seen Smoke for some unreasonably long amount of time. Paladin, Kaj- are there even others I can name, faces I could pull from an endless crowd? Sage, a sister, but still so far... Is the fault in them for their youth, their cockeyed ways, or does it rest in the bowels of my bitter old soul?

Too lost and too lonely, that has always been me. I needed to ground myself, and so I sought Mirage.

The absence of the sun was a blessing, really. Forced to stare my troubles face-to-face in the light of day, I have to wonder if I would have simply fled. Could I flee? In a land where I felt connections to few, the strings that hold me are surprisingly numerous, bonds wrapped around golden limbs. Rank, responsibility, and now a child – all things I had never asked for, but found myself wielding with a tumultuous mixture of loathing and joy. With the weight of the world so heavy on my shoulders (to use a poor metaphor- the only weight upon my shoulders was Kali, and while she might think she made up the entire world, well...) I stepped slowly through the mist and trees, in no great haste to interrupt the meeting between my sister and our God. I could feel their souls pulling at mine, the warm gold of Mirage's a perfect fit into my mind. Since the twin's delivery I had felt the weight of my sister's being, a constant thing I was happy to hold; the fear I had once held of investigating souls had disappeared after Tandavi's birth. The Goddess rippled with violet and shade, a powerful thing I dared not investigate too closely, yet felt irrepressibly tempted to explore- what vast chasms of knowledge must lie within, what violent power and brilliant love? Ugn, no. I clenched my eyes against the desire, instead letting myself fall into the soft embrace of Kali's gentle coos. Little brat, she could make me smile in the worst of times.

A smudge of black on the blissful calm. Dark eyes sprung open, peering back into the night. They were not alone, my sister and the Moon; someone else was with them. Someone whose soul warped beneath the heat of a flawed and burning heart. What the hell? Kali stiffened at my disquiet, kneading uneasily as I picked up my speed. Already moody, I had not the patience to deal with whoever the fuck had decided to intrude on a moment meant for my sister, for family and loved ones and those who deserved.

“I advise you leave, child; now is not your time to make demands.”

There was a line of stone in my voice, a promise of authority I would not hesitate to use. Harmony had grown since I saw her last; so recently a filly, she nearly rivaled me for height, a painted thing with a side of decay. What had happened to corrupt the child I knew not; but I could feel ambition radiating off of her, tempered with cruelty and the scattered remnants of an innocent heart. I stepped around her in a fluid motion, Kali raising slightly to ease the release of her throaty growl- Oh, brat, we don't want to scare her. I did not want her to run before I could uncover the nature of the sallow face, but neither did I want her here. Onyx eyes shifted to Miri and the Moon, a bow for the Lady and a smile for my kin; I stepped away from the filly with another glance, stern and warning that she ought to obey the angry gryphon, and came to stand alongside my sister, body pressed against hers in a gesture of protection and possession. "My Lady," I murmured to my mentor, gazing calmly into the pupilless eyes, "You do my sister a well-deserved honor; and bring a lightness to my own heart with your return." There was no dishonesty in my voice, for here, surrounded by my most beloved, I felt the strain of isolation ease.

Now if only that filly would hurry up and leave.

[ ooc || Don't mind Rishi, she's being selfish and grumpy :3 ]
Stock Providers: Horse, Background.

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the MOON

The goddess smiled kindly, though she knew her time here had to be shorter than she would have liked. Darkness had such a poor connotation to it; she was always seen as lesser, as the one who brought wickedness. Moon believed that she was merely set in her ways and confident in her abilities. Evil was not something she desired, but it was a balance. The world needs both to survive, and unlike her foolish siblings, she understood this fact of life. Still, the moments when the victorious, beautiful souls who followed her won were moments that made this world worth creating - worth her efforts to ensure its survival.

She had promised Mirage the night, and she would deliver. An internal force called the mists toward her until they densely converged just in front of her delicate face. Carefully, she wove the mists until they hardened into a substance that looked similar to gold, but it was far from being an earthen metal. Upon close inspection, the material itself would seem to move within its shape, but it would never break, melt or distort - for this was her own element.

The goddess moulded it carefully, ornately, into a slender band that would easily sit on either her foreleg or tail, but for now, she chose to accentuate the sturdy pillars on which Mirage walked. Once the piece was affixed on Mirage's person, the goddess smiled softly. "Now, the night will follow you, child of mine," she said softly. "With this trinket, you bring the moonlight and the stars, even during the peak of day. May it serve you well, my dear."

When the other one spoke, the deity smiled patiently. "Had I the time to stay and chat longer, I would," she said quietly. "But there is much to do in my brothers' absence, and I need to focus my efforts on returning them back safely." The goddess then noticed the sister of Mirage approach, and she bowed her head to her as well. Rishima seemed to have gained some insight into the other mare's mind - insight that the goddess had overlooked.

The mood god stared at the child, her eyes narrowing ever so slightly. "When I have the time and effort do devote to granting wants, child, I will make myself open. Now is not your moment. Today is in honor of Mirage, her victory and her sacrifice." Moon smiled at Rishima then. "My return has been a blessing even for myself. I am not sure what is going on with my brother of time and his disasters, but when I am needed, I will protect you, my followers." The goddess patiently stood, though it was obvious now that she had matters to attend to. Even the moon above seemed to be growing dim. She sighed heavily. "When the world is out of balance, everything in nature needs a constant push," she murmured.

"I shall return, my followers. Your efforts will never be overlooked."

Slowly, the goddess started to turn transparent, her body becoming nearly the same shade as the mist.

[[I made it a gold leg band in the post, but if you wanted a different color, you can pick!]]

CREDITS