the Rift

Can't hold back

Felix Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

can't hold back

though you know I wish I could

The world here was a strange place. The twins had been travelling for too long. So long, in fact, that the days seemed to ave stopped completely; the nights appeared to have merged into one endless cycle where the starts dominated the sky and the moon overlooked the earth with its new placed crown. How odd; Felix could have sworn it had been at least three days walking, yet the sun refused to rise no matter how many grains fell through the sandglass. If he had been alone, it might have scared the stallion, but as it was, he was never alone. Or not always, anyway. He glanced toward the reflection beside him; the near perfect replica. Had it not been for the jagged scar upon his forehead and the cropped short mane, Felix would have thought he was peering through a looking-glass. He smiled quietly, but his brother appeared lost in thought - his eyes stared out blankly, unfocused.

"Brother?" Murmured the slightly older Pegasus, twisting his head slightly to the side. Long tendrils of white gold hair fell over his blue eye, leaving only a brown oval watching his twin. He waited for a long moment, the silence broken only by their hoof beats on the sodden earth. He cleared his throat. "Tess, what's bothering you?" He asked gently. His brother glanced up, head jerking to attention, his mind forced from its stupor. "What? Oh, nothing. The night, its endless. Have you noticed?" The cropped haired stag mumbled, jarred from his thoughts. Felix raised his brow - of course he had noticed, but he didn't patronize the scarred stallion. He simply nodded. "Hopefully we can find someone to enlighten us, soom. Get it? 'Cause its dark!" He replied in a singsong voice. His twin did not answer, however - he had fallen back into his daydreaming. Felix sighed, slowing to a stop and watching his brother move near silently alone ahead of him.

That was when he heard a twig snap. Ruffling his wings and tightening the grip they had to his barrel, he turned around anxiously. "Is anyone there?" He asked, quietly.

Felix speech speech speech speech speech
Alistair speech

Credits

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

Kahlua trotted happily through the forest, the moon letting it's reflection down upon her and causing a plum colored stone to twinkle around her neck. She was proud of the amulet she had found and held her head high so that it was that much more visible to any she might happen across. What she didn't like was the foot long strike across her left thigh. Thinking of it, Kahlua turned her head to look at it and sighed. It was a battle mark she should not have earned. She had stumbled into the war of the Edge quite on accident and had managed to stupid her way through a few attacks before the other had run off. Not before he had slashed her viciously with his horn, though. She had hoped it would heal properly as her body was not one meant for scars. Unfortunately, luck was not her friend. That said, the wound was probably more detrimental to her pride than her good looks.

Turning her head back to front, Kahlua was surprised to find several tree branches in her path, which she had no time to avoid before crashing through them ungracefully. Their snapping echoed through the forest and Kahlua slowed to a walk. Though the amulet gave her hope the gods were watching over her, she still feared the dark and the monsters it bore. Shaking her body free of any stick debris that had lodged itself there, she looked about suspiciously for any signs of evil. Finding none, she settled slightly and continued to preen in an effort to maintain her looks- one of the few things going for her. Is anyone there? A voice broke through the shadows and Kahlua nickered, a hint of nerves still in her call.

Moving to where she thought she heard the voices, Kahlua was surprised to find not one, but two, winged stallions before her. Shaking her head as she stopped, Kahlua wondered for a moment if she was seeing double. When head shaking did not not help, a deep breath in did. Though very similar, the scents had just a hint of difference. This was reality. “Hello friends, I'm Kahlua. Welcome to Helovia.” She smiled kindly, a nod given to each of them in turn. “What can I call you?” As she waited for a response she looked over each of them in turn, trying to find a difference. The only she could see were the strangely opposite, but well matched, manes and tails.

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
</style>

Ash and dust
I'm waking up.

Magic came back to this land. I felt him, my Lord. The metal around my neck came alive with his power—Earth. It vibrated warmly like a heartbeat. Birdsong no longer merely maintained its pitiful existence, it was…thriving again. Leaves sprang from trees and flowers opened their petals. Falling forward willingly, until knees hit ground and muzzle kissed dirt. I whispered a quiet prayer in his honor, knowing that those ears would be able to hear. Those eyes would see the son which prayed unto his glory. “Welcome home,” I uttered. Spools of golden magic churned within me like the song of a wolf, earth swirled around me. Unbroken, unhindered. I laughed, for the first time in ages as the sand beneath me feet glided before me. Swirling, dancing, and changing into something new. It glimmered gold by the patched moonlight that spread between dense timber canopy.

This new warmth soothed my mortal concerns, the feel of his armor caressing my skin even in its contained form. No higher joy could be mustered from this moment—it was as if a piece of my flesh had suddenly been restored. Something muttered inaudibly in the distance, a breeze warned that my presence wasn’t the only source of energy in the forest tonight. Swirling sand licked up my legs as I rose and walked toward said sound. "Is anyone there?" He uttered nervously, leaving me to call back. “Hail friend!” Pushing ahead with a new spring in my step and sand still trailing behind, I approached what appeared to be a pair of stallions. Brothers, foreigners by the smell and look of them. A mare stepped in a moment before me, already welcoming them and exchanging names. I regarded her for a moment, scenting that she was of our allying herd. The Edge. “Indeed, welcome to Helovia." my smile widens kindly and voice holds friendly hues.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Unregistered

Through the gloom, his mismatched eyes squinted, trying to make out the silhouettes of whoever - or whatever - was out there. He took a slow, anxious step forwards as his eyes caught sight of movement. It was hard to see - pitch black shifting over somehow darker coal. He swallowed, reversing the step and nickering to his broher. The hoof beats stopped as the twin noticed he was alone. he turned back, moving back to felix's side. "What is it?" He asked, his voice a hushed whisper that was audible only to his mirrors image. Felix shrugged his slender shoulders. He felt nervous, yet not afraid. Still, the stallion was protective of his brother. If worst came to worst, he would have to fight to protect the scarred stag - Tess was not fit for battle. Not with his condition.

Yet the worry quickly waned - the shadow shifted, the leaves rustling as the body of a patchwork mare pushed through the undergrowth. Surprised to see anyone in this dismal forest in the dead of night, yet not displeased, he nickered. The mare was a beauty, no doubt about it, with ebony and milk markings and eyes so blue they seemed to resonate out through the darkness. He smiled, but before he could open his mouth he received a sharp wing nudge from his twin (telling him not to flirt, no doubt) and the greeting from another stag.

He was a handsome stallion, with the same stark white on black yet smaller than the lady and himself. Felix flickered his short tail, raising it proudly as his Arabian mother often did, though with his short strands it did not radiate the same beauty. Alistair, on the other hoof, shrank back, backing up beside his more confident sibling. His ears pushed back over his crown and his head lowered. The stag did not speak much, beside to his twin. "And hello to you two, my lady, my lord." He nodded to each in turn, raising his head proudly. Suddenly th gloom did not seem so dark, and his anxiousness had all but vanished. "Helovia, you say? Its a very dark place, isn't it?" He commented with a lopsided grin. "Call me Felix. And this here is my brother, Alistair." He informed the pair, motioning toward the silent stag.

Felix wasn't sure how to go about this; surely they were from a herd. Could he simply ask to join? They needed safety, which a herd could provide, yet this land was foreign and new. What if it was the same as his homeland? Where unicorns had slaughtered his people? He glanced between the two; a Pegasus and an equine. He sighed inwardly. He wasn't eager to meet any unicorns, for the time being. He had nothing against the race, but the memories were all too recent in his mind to deal with it.

Felix speech
Alistair speech

Credits

And there he was. The nightmare she knew existed in the shadowy darkness of the Threshold. The poor, stupid mare could get no rest in this world meant for horses much stalwart than herself. For a moment she tried to convince herself that it was not the stallion she had met at the Heart those many weeks back. It did not work. How could it? With his armor displayed so prominently across his chest, there was no mistaking the stallion. What his armor did not confirm his pupil-less eyes did. She shuddered and shrank back visibly, though something kept her from running. His tone. It was not the same, and so she was confused. “Sir,” was all she could bring herself to say to him. It had appeased him before. Perhaps he would remain cheery if she could appease him a second time.

While fear and confusion waged their war in her head, the less cowardly twin spoke for the both of them. Had Kahlua had time to take the two in at this moment, she would not have judged Alistair. Here she stood, almost exactly the same as him, save she had no twin beside her to hide behind. As it was, she did not have the time, her gaze glued to the armored pegasus for fear he would try something strange. It is a very dark place, isn't it? She could not find the heart to giggle at his fun, though at any other moment she would have.

Felix and Alistair. She repeated the names to herself, trying to give herself something to focus on and keep herself in the present. Nothing was worse than zoning in fear the way she had in the face of the lizard monster. “Not.. not all is dark. My home, the World's Edge, has fires that burn eternally. A gift of our leader... Mirage.” She spoke the words slowly, fear weighting them as she continued to cower. Though the amulet had given her some hope the moon goddess was watching over her, she could find no peace while she feared retribution from the painted stallion. Stupid as she was, she did not remember it would be unwise to give him the address to her front porch. Thinking never had been her strong suit.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
</style>

Ash and dust
I'm waking up.

One brother…possibly the eldest, was dubbed by silent ruling to be the ‘spokesperson.’ He regarded both advocates respectfully and give their titles. The quiet one retained his silent steely self, seeming neither displeased nor pleased by their situation. I grinned and dipped my head in a sort of nod, “A pleasure to meet you both; I am Midas, of Dragon’s Throat.” The painted woman stiffened at my approach and even seemed to shrink from me. Battle trained eyes never missed their beat when meeting with new company. It didn’t go unnoticed how she glanced at me swiftly and distrusting; a thing that I couldn’t warrant reason for. “Sir,” the girl said in mumbling sort of way. Then altogether looked aside as if not able to stand the sight of me. Currently her sea blue pools had found elsewhere to regard. I turned my attention to her curiously. Naturally I guessed the invasion had set her on edge.

Trying to set any stray nerves at ease I wished the girl well, “Ma ’Lady, I pray your clan is doing well.” The fray had ended only a week or so ago—both sides were still recovering, “Our warriors came back from the battle with songs of victory on their tongue.” “It’s a dark place, isn’t it?” My smile didn’t falter as it might have a few moments prior to what had just happened. Faith had been restored, the Gods hadn’t abandoned us after all. They were returning! My magic started to thrive again. Surely our home wouldn’t be dark for much longer? Kahlua answered first, politely I waited till she finished speaking, “Aye brothers, it has been dark....Dare to hope though, the Gods are making their way back into Helovia.” The corners of my lips widen, this joyful news should be shared with the whole territory, “Should you find need for rest, please know that Dragon’s Throat would welcome you.”

Unregistered

Something had occurred between the pair, Felix presumed from the nervous look upon the mares face and the words spoken not unkindly by the Pegasus, yet just what that was the blonde stag did not know. He had half a mind to ask, parting his lips only to receive a disapproving glare from his brother. Even in silence, Tess could easily give his brother direction. Though Felix was the louder of the two, he was by no means the smartest. His mouth could often lead him into trouble. Luckily he shut up long enough for the mare to explain of the eternal fire that brightened her world. he nodded with a grin. It sounded pretty. He decided he would like to see this mare lit up by firelight and out of sight of the Pegasus male. She seemed to have taken a negative turn in his presence and Felix did not like it, not at all. It did not make him nervous, but it made him feel somehow as if his presence was to blame - as if somehow he had forced her to socialize with a male she clearly did not like.

No matter, he tried to ignore it. The stallion seemed nice enough to the twins, anyway. A good distraction came with the invitation of a home. His ears perked up, as did Tess'. Glancing between the two, then toward his twin, he eyes the slightly younger stag questioningly. Felix was in two minds; ask to join the attractive, yet nervous mare and cosy up beside this grand fire of hers, or accept the invitation of the polite stallion. Alistair stepped out from behind his brother, nervous yet determined not to allow his brother to take advantage of the nervous female. He had a tendency to do just that and Alistair certainly did not approve his his brothers whoring. "We would be pleased to accept your offer, Midas." He spoke, his voice soft as a whisper, his eyes focused on the ground before the proud Pegasus before him. Felix shrugged. A home was a home. If they would be safe, it was fine. There would no doubt be mares in the Throat, anyway. Plus, the name sounded quite bad ass. Felix of Dragon's Throat. He had a ring to it. He nodded at his brothers words. "Well, looks like it is decided. Sorry M'lady, though I do hope we meet again soon, yes?" He suggested with a coy grin and another irritated wing bump from his brother. He laughed, swishing his tail. "Relax, I'm being friendly!" He excused himself, turning to follow Midas toward their new home and playfully batting his brother in return.

Felix speech
Alistair speech

Credits

I pray your clan is doing well. He was kind and she was ever so confused. Knowing not what to make of him she came out of her cowering just slightly, though her position did not make her seem any less fearful. As he mentioned the Gods' return, she could not help but let a corner of her mouth lift. Yes, the gods were breathing life into the land once again and she was happy as anyone else about it. As the quiet brother finally spoke, she let her eyes fall to him, a nervous ear still keeping watch on Midas. We would be pleased to accept your offer, Midas. She nodded just slightly. She only hoped they would not meet this stallion's bad side. I do hope we meet again. She nodded more obviously this time, the corner of her mouth coming up once again into a nervous smirk. “Of course. I cannot call you family, but I can call you ally. Those of the Dragon's Throat are always welcome at the World's Edge.” Thoughts of Onni allowing her to visit the southern desert gave her some happiness, though she remembered with a sigh that she still had not thanked Onni for saving her life. She did not relish the idea of returning to the land where she now knew the armored devil resided. Then quickly, before Midas could change his mind about his kindness, she disappeared into the woods, trotting off to some safer location.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

Midas
</style>

Ash and dust
I'm waking up.

I wasn’t sure what the problem was, and had there not been company I would have broached the subject. Surely her face wasn’t familiar me, thus was the first time I’d witnessed it. Still, she gazed at me as if wrongly mounted by grievance. My well-intended words fell upon deaf ears— it would seem nothing could pierce them when coming from my lips. Ktulu fell to the front of my mind again; her image left me sampling the notion that the girl had somehow been mistreated. Now she blamed the steed that mated with her leader? It sounded ridiculous, and I quickly pushed the idea aside. The dark temptress had never abused her ranks before, more likely this was a coincidence.

When she turned to leave I forced another smile and dipped my head out of respect, “Fair travels.” The brothers didn’t appear overly bothered by what transpired silently enough. Though the one that spoke first seemed mildly interested in our female company, his eyes lingered as she trailed off. Their spirits were as light as their feathers; it wasn’t often I found recruits that bore any semblance of manners or promise to be fruitful if tended to.

Turning to regard both with a grin, I motioned with my snout to show them a nearby clearing that had a loose canopy. Both were taller than me, and might need more of a kick to get into heaven. “Aye, away we go then.” Battle hardened limbs shifted my bulk to the starlit opening, ears notched back with hopes of hearing the steps of those that would be following. Said space was wide enough for a full grown Pegasus to stretch his/her wings without hitting bark or shrubbery. Sun dipped feathers extended to their full length and the moon slipped an eerie glow across my shoulders. Painted quarters bunched up while dual appendages flapped hard once, twice. Hindfeet brushed dirt in a farewell kiss before the ground fell away altogether—small trails of sand slipped from my legs and returned to their maker.

OOC: I’ll make you an intro to the Throat in a few <3.