the Rift

[OPEN] These days

Luneia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Death.

It was an overrated subject. Why those that fretted over the subject at hand, did was another question. Everyone was set for that same future. Some just chose to panic over it, while others happily awaited it.

Fear.

Everyone had something they were scared of and for some that was Death. There was only so much one person could take.

Tears streamed down a white bald face, the fae just walked as she sniffled to try and stop her nose from running. Walked due South. She'd run from her fear's before and that's exactly what she was doing again. Splosh. Her hoove slipped into a puddle, waking her from the trance she had become so engrossed in. Taking a deep breath, blue and one mixed orb fell to the floor. No, it wasn't a puddle, it was too deep. it was some kind of wetlands, the slight sign of regrowth peeked through the murky surface, bringing a gentle twitch to her lips. If anything, nature made her happy, especially since the Sun had been long gone, to see the growth of new life, made a part of her warm. However small that may have been.

Luneia trudged through the marsh, getting stuck in odd places, where the mud was thick, a suctioning sound, echoed as she pulled her long limbs free. Her once white legs were now stained a pale brown, almost that of which matched the color of her coat. The further out she went, the more thicker the mud came, slowing her right down, sometimes becoming stuck for a few moments before managing to pull free, only to become stuck yet again. That didn't stop her, nor did she turn around, it was far to late for that. The tears still rolled freely down her face, but why they did was beyond her.

The sodden Earth quickly turned and the Fae found herself in deep water. What she was doing or where she was headed was still unbeknownst to her. All she knew was to keep going, through the thick and thin. Kicking out with sturdy limbs, propelling her frame forward through the clouded water, orbs flicked around the area like a telescope used in submarines. Finding, what looked like a small island, her body turned and made for the place. The ground here was more solid, not like that of near the edge. Water cascaded of from her torso as she rose from the marsh, shaking out her mane from sticking to her neck. The Fae took a deep breath and just stood there for a while, head low as she took in her surroundings somewhat, mostly just catching her breath.

When Luneia was having one of her depressive days, she would seek refuge in a far of place from others. Hide for a few days and never move, unless found. What had brought it on this time, was totally random and mostly unknown. She hid by a fallen, hollowed out log, curled up as low to the ground and against it as possible, if she could, she would have gotten inside of it. But this felt as good as deserted as she wished. So she lay there, shivering in the lack of warmth the sun brought, hiding from all her problems.
"speak".

DevArt

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

Flies zipped and darted around my body, each landing on my thick skin randomly, seeking the little warmth that I produced every waking second. Ivory tail lashed back and forth, snapping at my hide, leaving my mostly clean coat dirtied with thin lines of mud; as you see, as long as my tail is, it likes to drag in all of this god forsaken fucking mud and gather all the leaves around me like a broom to a dustpan. I fucking hate this place. Clown face, we need to get out of here, quickly.

My neat hooves fell easily over the slightly muddy earth, the solid path that winds through the dead trees has itself imprinted into my brain; I wouldn't be able to lose it if I tried. Though, it sounds like some one has lost the trail? The grotesque suction on the bland, deep bog mud echoed off of the rotting trunks of a few trees to my right. Dark ears rotated toward the direction, my long face rolling toward the annoying noise as well. Large nostrils flare, drawing in deep breaths to attempt to drag the scent of the other from the air. None of us would wander through this shit. We're not that dumb... except for Arlo. A grin snuck across my dark mug at the thought of the burly gray stallion. I need to meet with him again.

No familiar scent was caught from the cold air -no scent at all really- it all blended in too well. I froze in my steps, leaving my front left hoof cocked on it's end, balancing my weight onto my right side. Another fly landed on my right nostril, causing me to snort and shake my head violently. The white sheet of hair that dripped down my neck waved through the air like a surrender flag, dropping back to my long neck lifelessly once my fit was over.

The sound stopped, leaving me curious. Though I'm not sure where it stopped, I do know this bog, and that gives me an upper hand if this is an intruder. Not that I would mind giving this place up for another home. My back haunches tightened and I brought my front half into the air, twisting on a neat dime to turn completely around; as soon as my front hooves returned to the ground, I pushed my body into a quick trot toward the source of the sound. The path became a little more muddy as I ventured into the trail less taken, eventually devouring the entirety of each hoof. This caused me to slow down to a careful walk.

Around a short bend, the ground gave out, turning into the shallows of the swamp. The water lapped happily at my legs as my motion sent little waves scattering about. Every movement in this glass like water made my stomach tighten and knot; you never could know what exactly it is that may be lurking beneath the mirror like top. A little island sat out in the swamp, accompanied by a rotten, hollowed out log that had.. a pair of ears? "I found you." I whispered beneath my breath.

It is nice not having a foggy brain any more, now I can actually control my body properly as well. The uncertainty of who is plopped in the middle of my home like a hobo beneath a bridge stirred up my never satisfied curiosity. This water is so deep, I can't go through this! But, if there may be a threat and Seele or Eris heard that I took no action on it, I would not be in a good position later on. My jaw dropped just enough for me to take in a large breath, and before I knew it, I had thrown myself into the still waters. Turns out the water only came knee high; still high enough for some one to grab you from beneath.

I hurried through the bog, ripping my hooves from the mud as quickly as they hit the bottom in order to not get stuck. My body thrashed through the water wildly in order to get to the miniature island; and it all happened within less than twenty seconds. No booby traps or lifeless fingers grabbed at me. Even though I had reached the shore once more, I was still leery of the waters; I found myself glancing behind me every once in a while.

Behind the log laid an intricately marked mare, her legs fowled with the bog mud. My ears laid back on my neck, purple eyes staring down at her in disgust. As if this mare is actually offending me by being here, I dropped my antlered face to a little higher above her own face. "Who are you, and why are you here?" I growled, blowing hot air into her face as I spoke.

"Speak." Thinking Walk walk
Tagged: @[Luneia]
AgronA
There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship's smoke on the horizon

image credits
table by whit

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
I was finally beginning to feel like myself again. That feeling of wanting to shed blood was stronger than before. I had missed that blood thirsty portion of myself that so willing killed the random wolf or rabbit - even begged to go out and cut up someone's side just to watch them bleed and cry out. But, for some reason today did not seem to be too prosperous on that turf.

There was the feeling that someone else was there. Which would be a correct assumption mein puppe... purred Schwere as I put myself on alert. Glass hooves sliding through the mud as I inched forward and closer to where the sound of traveling hooves being suctioned up by the marsh mud was coming from.

It seemed as though I hadn't gotten there first. The antlered mare, Agrona, was already there, surveying the threat. But, what amused me most was the fact that she was in her face, towering over the mare who had curled up behind a hollowed out log. Ears poking out above it but nothing else noticeable to my eyes. Agrona was growling at the creature and I couldn't help but to let out a dainty laugh into the air around me.

Why are they in the marsh? Innerste questioned. They must have a death wish... Unheil responded. And so, I ventured in even closer to the pair, letting out another tiny giggle into the air. "Recke seems to have stumbled across the kleine." I mused, a wicked grin on my face. "Please. Do tell. What are you doing in the sections of the marsh that wish death upon others..."

Hopefully, I would receive an interesting reply. I was not in the mood to be bored...

302 words
... Seele post wasn't as creepy/long as the other

translation
recke - warrior
kleine - poor baby
mein puppe - my puppet
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Luneia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The sound of others, perked her satellites. Great. Others, Just what she wanted... She hadn't just stumbled in here; well maybe she had But the Fae had good reasons to do so. She wanted peace, to not be bothered by the drone of the other equines and such. All she had wanted was a little peace and quiet, Alas. That was never going to happen.

She barely even flinched when a face encroached upon her personal space. Perhaps if she lay still enough they would leave her be. But when the other growl at her, she couldn't help but life her cranium. "Nothing to you, Now jog on and leave me alone" She spat with a bitter tone, like poison on the end of her tongue. The sound of a rather sinister giggle, pricked at her ears. Now feeling suddenly surrounded, the intricately marked Fae got to her hooves. The dark mare whom once had just towered over her now stood at equal height. Her hind end swung round as she backed up, making the two equines come into sight without having to strain herself more than necessary. The other Mare, with the white and oddly marked face spoke oddly. using words which she did not understand. "What does it matter to you why I'm here. Cant you see all i wanted was to be left alone" She backed up again, a hoove slipped into the water, making herself jump. Something had changed about the atmosphere in that short time. The waters seemed darker. A mist began to roll in, hovering low over the land. What once was, now eerie. Even the temperature of the water seemed to have dropped suddenly.

@[Agrona] @[Seele]
"speak".

DevArt