the Rift

[OPEN] Will the lost souls be forgot?

Myrddin Posts: 115
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: Old
Aud
From futher than hope, comes death - And life asks nothing more of it than more life - as if wanting were an emptiness that could be filled.
</style>

Look and listen very closely - for while Myrddin is quite tall, he moves with an eerie silence. It is almost as though the grasses and trees know that death lingers in his footsteps, and do not want to be wrongly plucked from life, when death does come to collect. For now however, Myrddin is quite alive, and with the return of the Moon, his sight has equally been returned.

He moves with a slow grace of an elephant, or some equally prehistoric and cumbersome creature. His coat is marred now by scratches and wounds which have begun to heal - likely from when the night was pitch, and his sight was completely removed. He had wandered far in that time, seeking answers to unspoken questions, such as Why have they forsake us? and Will it ever stop?. He had found answers to a few lesser questions - such as the extend of the darkness (endless) and its implications (sightless)...However, when the Goddess of the Moon returned without word or trumpet, Myrddin knew he had gone the wrong way. The answers were surely back in Helovia - not in the vast expanses of uncharted territory. And so, with his life-force seeing eyes restored, Myrddin had walked back.

Let us not make it more complicated than that - he will tell you what happened to him during that time I suppose, if you were to ask.

And now look - here he comes, as I said. Slowly. With the effort of age. Has he come back to the Basin? Will he take up residence in his cave once again?

Image Credits

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

Trudging solo through the Basin, hair streaming in the cold wind, the fae huffed. Hot breath rolled through, cutting through the cold. She exhaled, nostrils flaring. As she wandered aimlessly through the Basin, she spotted a pale figure, barely visible against the snow. The horn of the figure was protruding from the center of the brow, resembling that of a deer's antler. It was a single antler, alone atop the pale horses' brow. Approaching them cautiously, the fae outstretched her neck, squinting at the figure.

Gasping, the roan realized who the mysterious horse was. It was Myrddin, the sight-less stallion the fae had met in her earlier years. Her jaw was left open, unable to think. She had not seen him in a long time, for the last she had seen him was when Mauja the king had been released from Myrddin's mirror. That was the last time she had seen him, when he became a wandering soul, one she never spotted in the Basin. She had closed her mouth by now, replacing it with a smile. She approached Myrddin cautiously, opening her lips to speak. "Myrddin?" She muttered, the name slid off her lips, rolling off her tongue. "Myrddin, I don't know if you'll recognize me... er... my... uh... voice." Her sweet words stopped abruptly as she realized he wouldn't be able to recognize her looks. She swallowed, frowning. "Apologies. I had almost forgotten you are missing your sight." She murmured, apology laced within her words.

Swallowing, she pushed that passed her and opened her lips again. "On another note, I'm Frost Fyre. We met long ago, when I was much younger." She smiled, realizing the smile was for unseeing eyes. She kept her smile despite that. The roan decided to try to spark up conversation, someway or another. But she was hesitant, deciding to wait a bit. Maybe Myrddin would bring something up? So the fae kept herself facing Myrddin, emerald gems scanning over his old frame.
"Speech."
[ -shrugs- idk how i feel about this :I ]

FROST FYRE
Second chances they don't ever matter, people never change.

image credits
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Myrddin Posts: 115
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: Old
Aud
From futher than hope, comes death - And life asks nothing more of it than more life - as if wanting were an emptiness that could be filled.
</style>

At the sound of movement, Myrddin's ghostly gaze searched forth, spying the creature nimbly moving towards him quite quickly. In a land such as the basin, where so much is rock and ice, the life force of others pulses with a light unhindered by the baron surroundings. Her light pulsed strongly in her horn, and eyes, trickling through her body and creating the rough outline of her shape. Flaring his nostrils and drawing in her scent, Myrddin's enormous mind scoured its depths for where he knew it from. "I see you now, young one. In my own way." In his cave...her mother, Leyra wasn't it? Hadn't she met the mare while bathing? He thought so - but what truly intrigued him, would her undoubted knowledge of Mauja.

Gruffly he moved towards her with the pains of age, yet for all of his wrinkles and ghostly eyes, his face appeared kind as he looked down upon her. "We met in a cave I think...A cave I used to call my own, on the day Mauja returned. Tell me child - Frost Fyre , where is the Frostking?"

Myrddin's nearly translucent tail flicked idly behind his tall boney frame, as he regarded the young one carefully. He could only make out strong emotions, and had not yet mastered interpreting expressions. Alas, he was only slightly less blind then he used to be.

Image Credits

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

So he can see? Tilting her head, the fae wondered if he had received his sight using magic. She smiled, lips spreading to show a warm smile at Myrddin. Nodding head head, she spoke. "It's great to know you're able to see. But, may I ask as to how you're able to see?" She questioned, emerald eyes showing curiosity, tail swaying behind her. She scanned over the pristine white stallion, his body looking frail compared to the roan's.

He moved closer, and the fae swore she could hear the grinding of brittle bones as he moved forward. She watched him, watching his lips form a question. He wished to know where the Frost Heart had gone. The fae hesitated, not knowing how to answer. The King? He was gone... wasn't he? She hadn't seen him floating around the Basin as of late, so he must be off somewhere. She opened her lips, hesitant. "Yes, that was the day we met. When Mauja rose from your mirror in the cave. As to where Mauja is..." The fae paused, glancing to the side. "I have not seen him as of late, he has vanished from the Basin, as far as I can tell." She informs the pearl stallion, tone darkening in her last words. She looked at Myrddin, the smile having faded off her face. Her tail had dropped now, sitting in the snow.

She thought back to the day she had met Myrddin, she was younger, an energetic little foal. She had wandered to the cave of the Haruspex, where other horses had gathered. She watched as their king Mauja rose from the mirror, and the horses who had gathered were surprised and relieved to see him. The fae felt indifferent about his return, for she had never known the King before that incident. She still felt indifferent about him, for she had never directly spoken to him.
"Speech."

FROST FYRE
Second chances they don't ever matter, people never change.

image credits
Dawn is coming
open your eyes