the Rift

[OPEN] Pestilence, Meet Death [Seele || FINISHED]

Catillatio Posts: 65
Banned atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon
Photobucket

Actions | "Speech" | Thought

Tio was burning. His insides were alive with fury, with a drive, with the rage of being stuck in his crippled state whilst the world ran away without him. All his dreams of conquest, all his threats, all his plans... all dashed against the sands of time. This quest had taken much longer than he had planned, and the joint lock on his knee was still there, the splint that caused him such pain and infuriated him so. He wanted the world to burn alive in his all-consuming fury, but he could do little more than hobble from where he had made a nest for him to lay down on, to the pool of water which quenched his thirst and gave life to the grass.

He could live without the sun, in all honesty. The darkness suited him just fine, even when the moon was not rising and falling to express the return of his quest giver. The goddess of the moon had proven herself to be wise, albeit shrewd. He was forced to live as an old nag with nothing to show for it but for fools to lay claim to his life. He had been captured and carried off to the foothills, only for them to scorn at him and his weakened state. Thoroughly humiliated, he had slunk off to hide the moment they had released him. What stung the most about that experience, was that Phaedra, the mare he had chosen to trust, had been the one to collect him, had brought him into the open where he could be gawked at and scorned by her fellow herd mates.

He snorted, the memory of waking up to her face still burned in his skull. He had limped away from that place with his head hanging low for the first time since he'd arrived in this place. He shook his head to clear it of the memory and told himself he would take great pleasure in torturing her once he had risen to power...

Dusted auds pricked at the sound of rustling undergrowth. He stood stock still until his form vanished and remained so as his eyes searched the surrounding landscape. He wished he could move and remain hidden in this way- seeking out the noise would be a lot more comforting than standing still and waiting for the intruder to bump into his invisible, yet solid, form. He flattened his ears and the movement was enough to break the spell of invisibility. The rustling stopped only to start up again somewhere else. He turned his head, his expression fierce.

"Who's there?" He snorted, sharply. "Show yourself!" The order was barked with such force that it reverberated off the surrounding tree trunks. He had no intention of being taken away from his hiding spot a second time and thus, tensed in preparation for a fight he knew he had no chance of winning.

Seele, played by abba
Tio/Seele OTP<3

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
It was a good break from the Threshold, if I do say so myself. After all, it was right near it, and it was hidden in the deep forest. No marshes to get my glass hooves dirty in. After all, I needed to keep my appearances up if I wanted to gain potential members. Who would want to join someone who couldn't even take care of themselves?

It was then which I allowed my memories to start to fumble back in and out. A memory of Tio rang nice and clear, though. My first group in these lands. The one that had fallen apart so quickly it sickened me. I wouldn't allow my group to do that. I never got to have any blood shed from that. I didn't like that at all. So, as I started to shuffle my way through the trees when I caught sight of a familiar tan pelt I stopped in my tracks.

Tan. White. Black. Tio. I was so amused right now. I had found him again. Time to see just what he had been up to. I circled around, watching his every movement as he stood still, flicking his audits around to point out the place. It made me want to laugh. He wasn't even trying to move. But, the movements I had seen earlier seemed a little labored. Something was different...

He's injured. The brute injured himself... Schwere sneered in annoyance. The one who wanted to lead a strike couldn't even protect himself.... Oh. This was going to be lovely. Tio's voice rang out in the tree's sharply. Every inch of it reverberating off of the trees around him. He was annoyed. But he couldn't fight even though he so wished to.

I let out a laugh. A loud one. One with a sickening sound of evil and hatred burning in it. I stayed in the shadows for a few more moments before I pulled out and stood about five feet in front of him. "Well. Don't you look wretched?" I muse, a smirk lining my face. "Can you not survive without me there to protect you? Poor kleine..." I tease, letting out another laugh and then I flick my forelock out of my yellow eyes. "Long time no see, Tio..."

393 words
Definitely OTP < 33
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Loon
Photobucket

Seele...

The name struck him just as she began to laugh and he watched her saunter into view, a smirk twisting her features. She was, without a doubt, one of the most beautiful creatures he had ever met before in his life, even surpassing that of Phaedra. What was more, she didn't flaunt her looks like a cat that was in heat 24/7. She was the most down to earth and realistically minded mare that he had ever met, fashioned after his own mind. It was... a breath of fresh-air to a man drowning in narcissism.

True, the fact that she was the most sane, stand-alone horse that he had even met was saying a lot about the company he kept- she was no where near completely grounded, and there were times when her talking to herself set him on edge. Her flaws notwithstanding, he was actually able to tolerate her presence which is not something he had been able to honestly do since he'd left Gabrielle.

Her scorn rankled against his nerves, however, and he snorted, tensing as though he were about to strike her. Usually, he would have, but he couldn't for the pain in his leg. He looked away broodingly, and muttered something under his breath mutinously before he lifted his head higher and glared at her with those unnerving green eyes of his. Green met yellow and the two had what was known as a Mexican stand-off for several tense seconds.

"This has nothing to do with whether or not I'm able to take care of myself without you around," he began, shattering the silence. "I've been cursed by the moon goddess. I am on a quest to regain some of my powers. However, it is going... slowly. I can not walk like I'm used to doing, and so I can not do what I need to do without help. I am actually glad you managed to find me. because you are just the mare I need to help me out. That is, if you would like." And there was the charm that slithered back into his tone.

He relaxed and leaned against the tree trunk tiredly. "I am crippled as you can clearly see. The magic I will gain for this will cripple the airborne enemies that I seek to challenge. I suppose the goddess thinks having me crippled for the quest she set me will make me experience what I intend to do to those I wish to conquer."

He sighed. Usually, he would not dare show such weakness in front of another horse, but seeing as it was Seele, he was hoping she would not judge him too harshly for this weakness. It was all a part of the bigger picture- an obstacle he had to overcome on the road to power. "I need to return to her with a feather belonging to a pegasus whom is sympathetic to my cause."

Huffing, he pushed himself upright off the tree and stood on all-fours once more. "It is unwise to laugh. The truly ambitious do whatever they can to obtain power... Even if it means taking a few steps backwards." he nickered, darkly.

Seele, played by abba

Abba
He snorted. He wanted to strike out at me. That was completely and totally adorable. The poor hobbling one wanting to strike out at me? That was definitely adorable. And, when he realized he couldn't strike out he simply looked away like a brooding mare. Someone was definitely having their time of month. When he finally met her gaze, he was definitely pissed off.

Has nothing to do with how well he takes care of himself without her around. "I don't know, Tio. Maybe you wouldn't be covered in mud and look all scraggly. I mean. I could have at least help you keep up your appearances." A smirk crosses my face. "Have you even looked in a river lately. You look like death itself - and trust me Todesengel makes that very hard to accomplish" He continues on, talking about the moon goddess and a quest. Going slowly, everything else that he blabbed on about. I was just the mare he needed. Help. If I would like. "I don't know. It's kind of amusing seeing you inheriting the look of death. And adorable that you still have the fight in you - even if you can't fight." I smirked, flicking my forelock out of my eyes before he continued on again.

He relaxed and leaned up against the tree trunk before saying that he needs a feather from a pegasus sympathetic to his cause. A sigh had left his mouth and then he stood back up, saying that it was unwise to laugh. "My darling, darling Tio. It is unwise to claim I don't know what is wise and what is not. I can pull the soul from any living creature I wish. And I do have those around me who are of the winged variety. But, I will not be bringing them to you." I said, pausing, glancing over toward a rabbit. Perhaps I would prove that magic later, if he didn't believe me. "If you wish to speak with her, you will have to hobble your way back with me." I said, a smirk on my face.

Quietly, I moved in closer. Gently, I bumped my maw right behind his shoulder, where his heart was. "At least you still have a heart that beats, Tio."' she muttered, waiting for his speech to fill the air as she stood at his side. No matter what the situation, she still had some form of respect for the stag who had once been a leader...

436 words
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Loon
Photobucket

He knew immediately by her expression that she had lost all fear for him. This was not good. yes, she had every right not to be afraid, for the moment. He was not in the best of situations. He did not want to scare her away, or insult her, however. Her's was the first friendly face he had seen in quite a long time, and if she was offering him help, he was not about to turn his nose up at the idea that he might be out of this predicament soon.

So, she had a pegasus that she could persuade to lend him a feather? His ears pricked in interest, choosing to flatly ignore her other comments, lest he spark an argument and she leave him in a huff. Still, it was irritating that she felt the need to rub it in that she had magic and he did not... yet. He shook out his clumped mane he had to admit that he was quite tired of being so dirty.

"If you have the patience to put up with the slow-going, then I will accompany you to meet this pegasus you claim to know. However, first I wish to wash. I can not bare the thought of more than ONE horse seeing me in such a state." With that, he limped out of the shadows passed her and towards where he knew a stream cut a silver path through the trees. He limped into the waters until the coldness was up to his fetlocks and sank onto one knee. His other refusing to bend made it difficult to do more than fall onto his side with a splash.

Rolling, he scrubbed a weeks worth of dust and grime from his coat, struggling to his hooves again only when he had rolled onto either side of his body at least twice. Water streamed from his side, his bronze coat now a dull brown, however against this darkness, the white streaks on his barrel gleamed twice as bright. He shook the excess water from his pelt and turned to rejoin Seele. He looked silly, being soaked through as he was, but at least he was clean and his body would dry soon enough.

He waited for her to lead the way, as she knew the way and he did not. He had a burning desire to ask what she had been up to since the last they had spoken. He did not want to give her more reasons not to respect him, however, so he said nothing.

Seele, played by abba
-Loves the girl, does not want to be seen as anything less than a monster to be feared, says nothing about true feelings.- xD

Abba
I was not amused. He was definitely in bad shape. And, unfortunately for me, Innerste would not stop chittering on about how I should be sorry for him. Going on about how I should be so torn apart and sad. Going on about how I wasn't adequate enough to ever be cared about. How I wanted to prove her wrong. But, I honestly didn't care if anyone was worried for me. I was someone who wanted death and destruction. I wanted souls yanked from vessels so that they could cry and haunt the souls that had not tried to save them.

I was evil. That was all that mattered. But, still, I could not leave him in this state. It was almost too much to bear. The fact that he must be in pain. It really did bother her. Patience. Did she have the patience. Well, she would find the patience. He needed to get better. There was no other way around that. And then, he said he needed to wash and began to hobble off to go do so. "I will deal with the slowness. Perhaps it will give me a chance to clear my head." I spoke before following him toward the stream that he began to roll in.

I watched him carefully, afraid he might get pulled under or taken downstream by a current and be unable to help himself. But, alas, he proved to be fine and gleaming by the time he had reappeared at her side. "If you touch a hair on her head without her permission you will understand the depths of my magic." I warned, a protective tone in my voice as I began to head down to the southwest. "We must go to the Marsh." I explained, swishing my tail before looking back at him and waiting for him to set the pace.

It was time that he started to return to normal...

327 words
it sucks ._.
done after your post? and new thread?

SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Loon
Photobucket

His ears pricked as he caught her words. They were starting a long journey, then- they'd have to cross passed the heart, and further west than he had been since he first awoke on the salt-soaked sands of the Endless Blue. He limped after her anyways, shrugging off the daunting figure of how long it would take them to get where they were going, especially since he could barely move an inch without pain.

The pain filled him with determination, and with that came another thought- if he stayed in the marsh, he would be a lot closer to the veins and the travel there wouldn't seem as daunting a task. Especially since he planned on doing it by himself. It wasn't that he had anything against receiving help if it was from Seele, but meeting the gods was something he felt he had to do on his own.

Admittedly, he had had no idea how he was going to fulfill his quest before she had come along. He was shocked and slightly surprised with himself to find how much he relied on her- shocked because he had made a point of never relying upon anyone before in the past, surprised because he had not expected her loyalty to come so fast. The effect was immediate although Tio would deny it had ever occurred later to any who asked.

When he caught up to her, he leaned against her shoulder, letting her take some of the weight off his crippled leg. It was a relief to have someone there with him, to help him, old as he may be, to return to power. He was beginning to change. The ruthless killer he had once been seemed ages away now as he leaned and limped and hopped on three legs through the trees. He was glad, then, that only one would see him like this and was determined to keep it that way.

As he traveled, he thought- his mind whirring as the cogs moved and he felt a raging mix of emotions about his predicament. Most prominent was shame that she would see him this way, but there was also frustration at himself for being so weak and letting it fester for so long. He also conceded a sense of gratitude that she was willing to help him, even after all this time. When he rose, she would be rewarded most generously.

Speaking of which, he would need to muster up his strength to do what he intended soon. He felt a stab of rage that burned brighter than the heartfire of helovia at the thought of her flirting around with another stallion. He had felt the sensation only twice in his life, so he knew what it meant. He was a stubborn lover, however, and would not openly admit his interest. Most mistakenly assumed that he simply could not love, but this was not true. If he was being honest, he knew the truth was that he had fallen for the blood-stained mare now walking alongside him.

Finding the words to say this was impossible, however, and being nice is really hard. Neither of these things had ever been among the stud's strong points, and so he did not bother to display them openly... ever. He often maintained a watchful, silent presence, although he admitted that sometimes he would lose his temper with the ones he had invested in, because he did not understand love. The feeling was not something he felt on a regular basis- he was not easy to please, and even when he was, he did not always recognize his feelings as love, more often they are just "annoying feelings that this horse is important, and i hate how weak it makes me feel."

The reaction love got from the already unstable mind of the dun stag, was often violent. For the first time in his life however, Tio felt a bolt of fear course through him. For once in his life, he knew fear- and not just and fear. It was the fear of well-being for another horse. He was afraid that his often-violent temper would unleash on Seele, and she would grow to avoid him, curse him, even hate him. Memories of a black and white mare who's leg he had broken flashed through his head and all the while he kept this emotional hurricane contained within the mask of stoic indifference and cold fury on his face.

Lust's hatred of him had been his fault all along, and he was old and wise enough now to realize his mistakes. He glanced at Seele, wondering if he would unknowingly make the same mistakes and if her opinion of him would change should he accidentally hurt her. There was a difference between being evil and believing yourself to be a monster worthy of nothing but hatred- and Tio knew he was both.

@[Seele], played by abba
probably the crappiest Tio reply I've ever made, but here. D: