the Rift

[PRIVATE] Misted journeys

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

War had come to my land.

And not just in the form of warriors knocking on our borders, demanding that we flee while they take the lands for themselves. I am not one to fight intruders - if they deserved the lands, they would win whether I fought them or not. It seemed that these intruders, some who had previously been ejected from these very misty trees, were to be denied once again. I watched over them all, observing them like the very lands observed the battles. I felt each blow that pounded into the earth, each droplet of blood that spattered into the misty air, each sway of the trees as they bowed and bended in the wind, curving over their victors and shunning their enemies. I accepted the lands' judgement on these intruders, trusting that my beloved Goddess would illuminate for us, the ideal path.

The presence of my Goddess had never been stronger. Her return to the skies above us had been a comfort, though I felt the monsters that then broke into the wilds. I embraced the sensation of the mists permeating through me, feeling myself become that which I read the future in. Once I was no longer whole, but a mere misty, hazy outline, I moved, dancing amongst the trees, using the breeze to guide my motion. It took me high, above my home, over the cliff's edge that rimmed us. Salty air tried to break me apart, but I remained the outline of a dainty unicorn as I surfed the thermals along the coast. I was drawn towards the rocky outcropping that was the Veins. Very few times I had visited here, always finding the deepest confines of my misty home to connect me more directly to my Goddess then their broken shrines every could.

On my journey, I happen across a strange avian creature, one I have seen a handful of times before. Gryphon, the thought cascades through my misty crown like a wispy breeze dancing through trees. My foggy bodice disperses and reforms, my elegant chassis carving a misty path around the avianic feline. I look to the rocky path that leads to the broken shrines, I see the blood that has been spilt in the moonlight. As my bodice descends from its windy heights, I see the obscured body of one who is bleeding, her body ripped and torn, her spirit battered and bruised. I hope to land before her, an outline, a memory of an elegant and refined unicorn. Then I relinquish my hold upon this gift of misty mystery, and become a pewter, silver statue of a unicorn. Though I was no creation of stone, but a living, breathing monument, a bearded and pure representation of my species.

"I am Hellena, of the World's Edge. Come, follow me home." My words were simple, soothing, welcoming, but honed with an edge of a command. I mean to help this poor creature, if she would allow me.

[ @[Hespera] ]

Hespera Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Hespera & Otienu
Her hooves slipped on the slick, craggy surface of the blood-stained rocks, her head bobbing with each step as she placed her weight on a particularly sore leg. Dust and grime cloaked crimson and scarlet sharp against the night shadow of her bodice, yet the ruin of her body was little against the fluttering sting of her soul, wincing at the bond slowly icing over between the griffon and horse, the layer of frozen snow cracking and straining under the weight of their hot anger, a fire burning to melt the river. It seemed a shadow hankered between them, a little ghost of death, waiting for the inevitable. How could they break the bond, split their souls? What would Roshanna say? No, she would not utter a word, the daughter of the sun and goddess of dawn, born from circumstances stunning similar to Hespera's. Her tears would fall silently, sparkling diamonds glistening with the light of her passionate soul of beautiful things, and her voice would shake with a deep rage and fury for their mistakes. For they had both drove splinters into their hands, so neither of them could touch one another without a pain that would bite. Despair settled in Hespera's heart, a cold, numbing sensation that obliterated all other feelings twisting her gut, even lessening the ache of her horrific wounds. Her ears, caked in the cinnamon rust of drying blood, shredded and notched, flicked hesitantly, catching a sound in the night.

A twinge of unease drove into her heart as the gentlest klink of stone announced the presence of someone- or something. Still the stubbornly conceited mare, despite the tragedy of this night, was unafraid, her thick head unwilling to admit to the pathetic whim of mortal emotion. This is what Daermaethor had told her; do not stray from the path set for her. The tie of illeid emotion was only rocks tied to the back of a horse not knowing how to swim thrown in an ocean. He taught her how to move her legs, move through the foaming waters, but he had not taught her- nor warned her- how easy it was to slip into the actions of mere mortals. Something cool ruffles her mane, and the blinded mare leaking of her life recoils, ears slanting back in a warning.

The voice that follows is both imperious and kind, wise beyond years of counting and compels her to follow, dares her to trust the hand of friendship extended to her ruined form.

Skittish but focused, the ruin of a unicorn moves forward even more clumsily, wishing Otienu was here to help guide her with a chirp and squawk with her eyesight stolen from her. Then again, if not for Otienu she would not be in this devastating mess at all. For a moment Hespera wondered what would happen if... never mind. She shook off the thoughts bearing down on her, splintered horn wagging closely to Hellena's face without her knowledge, and then she halts abruptly, a strange coldness seeming to chill the air around the unknown and unseen mare. But desperate times call for desperate measures, as the saying goes, and she swallows the rising wariness, forcing it back down. Where is the companion who blinded her now? Had he fled, flown away in the grip of the wind, to disappear into the night sky forever? The bond between them, a frayed rope, was stretching farther and farther, his emotions becoming dimmer, the connection leaving her feeling vastly empty. Then, pulled back in, she lets free an audible sigh. "I have sinned, my lady," she murmurs, so softly it is almost out of the range of hearing. "But... thank you. Thank you." Her words strengthen, more confident.

She sends a final prayer to the gods- do not hurt Otienu.

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

It was only as the mare hobbled her way closer to me that I realised the full extent of her injuries. It was not tears of saline that dripped from her façade, but tears of crimson, thick blood. Her bodice is ragged and torn, ruined and broken - it pains me just to see it. Sympathy creases my brow, though the mare could not see that, her eyes were blinded - she needed aid, aid that I could not give on my own. I watch her reaction to my words, her obedient advancement towards me is welcomed. Though she is clumsy in her blindness, I easily avoid the dangers of her horn, extending my muzzle to her, so that she might feel me, know me.

I wondered whether the gryphon I had danced with earlier had any relation to this mistress. It was not a true wild gryphon, like the resident one in the Edge, Merakerr, this much I knew for certain. I have sinned, my lady, her voice whispers, as subtle as the mists that linger around the elongated extension of my tail. I breathe a deep sigh, as if I am absorbing these sins she speaks of, and with a long, slow exhalation, I release them. Thank you, she murmurs, stronger this time, as if a burden was slowly lifting from her shoulders. "All sins can be repented." I say in return, my voice soft and gentle, but telling no lies that such a task could be monumental.

What were the sins she spoke of? The curiosity with me was palpable, though I did not voice it, not yet. I simply whicker a low song, encouraging her to follow my steps, as I slowly make my way down the path. The journey to the Edge is far, too far for this injured belle, but we were close to allies. Those of the Edge embraced a gift to travel across the lands as mists, as I have done, and I wondered - if I were to gain this mare's loyalty and love, would she be blessed immediately with the same gift, and be able to travel as I do? "What were you seeking at the broken shrines of the Gods?" There are many questions I long to ask, but I ask the one that would hopefully lead to my discovering the most about this poor, broken mare. I was not one to offer redemption to just any - those in my herd would know that much of me. I wished to know if she was truly worthy of my attentions, and the gift of a home that I could offer to her.

[ @[Hespera] ]