the Rift

[OPEN] My heart is your shield;

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

dreaming my dreams with you . . . </style>

The battles had ended, though Onni was not certain who the real victors were. The unicorns of the Basin were dropping like flies, almost as though they had no real intent to fight. Here she was, pouring her life's effort into her own battle, sliced by cruel horns, nearly gutted, and for what? A half-hearted, sorry attempt to take everything the shaman had cared for in her life. Her mother's home, her mentor's grave, her beloved home, and her gift of sunlight - they wished to take it, but more like a child fights over a toy and then becomes tired, uninterested.
Insulting, is what it was, and the victory roaring throughout the crimson sands did not alight her heart. Instead, it remained lifeless. No stirring of her heartstrings, no rush of delight, no smiles. Just more tears.
She injured her opponent, but for what cause? If they were to all give in at the end, why had she hurt another?

Drying crimson blood, the brushing of sand upon her legs, the ash burned flesh from her other recent battle, and the dewy kiss of tears upon her cheeks - the shaman finally wretched out an awful sigh before disappearing in the night.
Her kin would not need her skills to heal such minor wounds. There was no sun to call upon for mystical healing, anyway. There was no sun.
He had left them long ago.

With all purposeful speed, the mare soars over the expanse of the oceans surrounding the twin peninsulas, searching for the glowing blue lava of the Veins. Her eyes catch upon the faint glimmer in the distance and she heaves herself toward it, feeling the sorrowful whistle of wind in her ears. Onni could not be consoled by the wind; she was not her mother, just her child. The light she needed to rid these shadows from her heart was absent, as he always seemed to be. He promised he would see her again, yet how long had it been since his glowing face met her own?

A sorry replacement for her mentor, the shaman thinks, but perhaps that is just what she deserved. If this were a test of her strength, she is failing, failing miserably.

Sore, battere legs land upon the warm, pulsating terrain of the Veins, her vision blurred from tears, but her hooves knew the way. Standing before the burned and broken shrine that had housed the mighty spirit of the sun before, Onni lowers her face to gently rest against the blackened surface. The rains had cleaned the majority of the ash and soot from it, yet the burns from before raged across the surface, as if it had been yesterday the monument was destroyed. Illuminated from beneath in ethereal blue light, the shaman stands perfectly still, skull rested against the last tangible pillar of her deity to be touched.

There are no words, nothing to be said that would quell the tremor of her heart. Instead, the mare just quietly cries to herself, tear leaking from her eyes unbidden and unnoticed, for how long there is no say.
Time ceased to exist in this god forsaken night.

[ Onni being feely~ open for anyone ]

ONNI</style> image by ejpphoto @ flickr.com</style>

Antheia Posts: 129
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 4
Clo.

a n t h e i a

I could smell the blood, oh the sweet, sweet blood. It seemed to attract me to anything lately, as if it was leading me to something new. But nothing was here, in these ruins. I skipped over the lava, making sure to not burn myself. I could see it in the distance, the Pegasus, flying overhead in the wind, the one that must have the blood spilled on it, for who else would be here.

The winged rodent is who I would follow for now, until she gave out at least and then I would take over, using my abilities to their best. My clefts carried my heavy frame, staying behind just enough for me to keep my eyes on the mare but stay where she could not see me. I was dark, which helped a little, but the glowing lava glistened against my cloak, making it hard to be unseen.

My stride was powerful as I followed the painted creature, glaring at her bay and white coat carefully. I smirked, a grin combined along with it. I would dance tonight, for it is all games and fun when you’re playing with a winged idiot. I looked to the sky, seeing she was still there, but much closer to the ground this time.

She landed, her hooves touching the Earth. I picked up my pace, but also laid far enough back just in case she decided to turn on me. But I doubted it, we were surrounded by lava for heaven’s sake. One wrong move and you’re a goner, for a while at least. I stopped, her frame standing still. I kept my distance, watching her closely.

[ I was wondering if you could maybe have Onni talk to her and make her become unracist? Because I have no muse for racist Antheia. xD @[Onni] ]

Credits

Hidden Account

Silence pooled itself around Onni's mind, feeling the vibration of power still residual within these ancient lands. The lava pulsating with the life of Helovia, the magic of the Gods buried somewhere deep underneath. The return of the stars had brought her hope, yet now, in the wake of the invasion, the painted girl did not look upon the night sky with anything other than melancholy. She saw absence, not the glow from the twinkling constellations. Absence of the one star she wished for every passing minute - the sun.

Unfeeling, unmoved, the shaman is unaware of the approach of another. Hell, the healer does not even feel the tiny body clinging to her wings still, small crimson eyes stying alert while she mourned. Onni had not suffered a loss, yet somewhere in her soul, the mare felt as though she had. Night after night, the shaman had guarded and protected her image of the Sun God, his brilliant features of burnished gold, and believed desperately that he would return to her side soon. However, the onslaught and merciless spilling of crimson blood upon her beloved home had not been enough to draw him to return.
What could draw him home, if not the threat to his home, his beloved children?

-ni.... Onni! the bird's urgent voice finally breaks through her thoughts, and the mare slowly lifts her crown from the cold embrace of the monument of light. Her eyes still blurred, unable to capture the fine details of the night, but her senses kicking in. The scent, the scent of another, one who recently visited the North, from the sting of pine in her nostrils matching that of her recent opponent. Raising her head further, Onni's eyes narrow, the last splashes of tears falling toward her hooves. Indignation, anger, and something a little like swollen anger raises its head with her.

Sky eyes glance with malice around, catching upon the ghostly white face illuminated in blue light. "Have your kin not done enough already?" Her voice normally soft and airy croaking from her throat clamped tight with emotion, her anger lifting to her face, making it warm. "Where must I go to find peace from the likes of you?"

Muriel Posts: 54
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 6 Years 4 Months
Brit

image by pinksherbet @ flickr.com</style>

Skinned knees, wet face, crystal tears that splashed and darkened the warm rocks of the earth below her. Crumpled wings, flightless, scared. Shrunken pupils as she was left in the all consuming darkness that followed the absence of the gods. Crying out, shrieking, sobbing desperately for her beloved. He had not come. When had he ever come, she had thought with a golden crystal heart shattering inside her ivory ribcage. It had never been he who had spent night and day scouring the edges of the earth for the flicker of a soul that meant more to him than any other living thing. It had never been him to turn and extend his hand to her, kiss away her tears and place his lips upon her scrapes and bruises tenderly, leading her into the light from the darkness she was secretly enveloped in as well. Always, it had been her. She was forever abandoned by his gypsy soul, his wandering heart disloyal and uncaring. Her own had been the trail behind his aimless walkers, trodden and used only as a means to a goal. She had given him her heart, in all its innocence and sincerity, and he had carelessly let it fall from her shaking hands to shatter upon the ground of his stoic lack of emotions. Everything, she had given him. And everything, he had taken. There was nothing left of her to give, and nobody left to give it to had she had anything left. He'd taken her heart the last time she'd seen him, angry and bitter as her presence disturbed him, and used it to cushion his feet from the shards he had drug her through, free from the guilt that illogically she felt heavy upon her own soul.

So it was to here she returned, time and again. Where she first had realized that she was not worthy of love, of recognition. That she would always be the one aching for the love of another, only to have her pure intentions stained and ripped, tainted, by the evil actions and choices of others. Was it her thoughtlessness? Her simple way of thought? Was she somehow...impossibly...too kind? Was it a bother to those who did not approve of it? Was it somehow, in their eyes, a weakness? One that therefore reflected upon her nature, made her seem weak and unwanted in return?

Soft click of her fuchsia hooves upon stone brought her back, wondering idly why she was so melancholic on this day. Was it that her mind was weary of waiting for someone who would never return? Was it worth it, to give up all friends she could possibly make, for someone who had never wanted her in the first place? How far could someone take loyalty?

Birdsong only amplified the warmth of the sapphire lava that melted slow and saplike through the deep ebony rocks. It washed away the chill from her flight, the calm electric glow soothing her somehow. She served no God, had never met them, and yet the celestial presence was obvious, and it made her feel loved, protected.

Her calm was shattered by the soft sound of muffled, but clearly tense, voices. One held a twinge of something familiar, and an uncharacteristic frown stretched her roseate lips as she quietly advanced towards the sound, curious. And who was to meet her eyes, but the kindly mare who had been so innocent when Muriel had stupidly staked her worthless claim upon Leliel. Onni was her friend, in her mind, even if the painted doll did not think the same. She deserved to not like Muriel after what the pink doe had done to her, but her anger and diamond tears was cause for concern. Then, her mulberry eyes flickered over to the other party, a unicorn, nameless and faceless to her, but someone who Onni clearly did not like. Odd, considering Onni was the kindest soul she had ever been blessed to encounter.

Instantly she is at Onni's side, though she gives her space, for there is no contest in who she will support. Twisting her crown she offers her muzzle hesitantly towards the kindly mare, wishing to brush muzzles or wipe a tear from her cheek should she not turn to face Muriel. "It's okay, Onni," she murmured softly, a quiet look in her plum eyes that told the painted doe that she had Muriel's full support, that she was there, and it would all be okay. Those eyes, normally so full of spirit and genuine happiness and geniality, became shards of amethyst as she pinned her harks dangerously against her cranium, taking a step ahead of Onni, her closer two wings extending as if to shroud her from view, become a shield. A very clear statement: you want her, you have to get past me. Muriel had always been one to give loyalty quickly, and hold it forever. "You are upsetting my friend, stranger. Speak your business or leave." It is so different from her normal voice, cold and sharp like the blade of a knife dipped into dry ice. Ready to burn in the oxymoron of heat in the form of cold. In the blue glow, she is a flame of intimidating size, gold and rose decorations inlaid within her skin, amethyst gaze hawklike upon the one who had so disturbed and upset the kindly mare at her side.

::
Hope I'm not intruding~ have Muriel muse <3

MURIEL</style>
 trust is like a piece of paper- once it is crumpled it can no longer be perfect.</style>

Deceased
Clo.

a n t h e i a

Something inside of me broke, I could feel the sadness burst open inside me. Feelings, something I hadn't felt in a long time. Tears started streaming down my face like they were racing each other to see who could soak into the ground first. My white face started to turn a light pink and I fell on my knees in front of the pegasi.

"I'm so very sorry if I scared you. I didn't mean to cause any trouble! I-- I actually don't know why I was here. I need help, I don't know who I am! I can't pretend to be the devil I'm not! But I can't gain any respect from any of the good deeds I've done. Please, help me."

The tears fell faster from my dark watery orbs. Why was this happening to me? All those things I had said to my friends, I had never meant it! I don't know what got into me. I don't know what made me ever come up with the idea to be such a ruthless creature. I eyed both mares carefully, pleading for mercy. I laid there, surrounded by azule ashes, and two pegasi.

My mind circled with sorrow. Slowly it started ticking away, like it was giving up, but I wouldn't do that. I had so many apologies to tell my friends-- and especially Harmony. What had I done? I had ripped us apart, that's what I had done. And I hoped that she would forgive me for what I had done in my mistakes, but was it possible? I mean, after all the pain I caused her, would she forgive me?

[ OOC ; Short post before school. x.x @[Onni] & @[Muriel] ]

Credits

Hidden Account

The face of an angel appears in the night, but another tear wrestles itself out of Onni's pale eyes anyway. The face is distant, a memory that fogs over in the heat of her soul, tearing itself apart with such violent force. The only thing registering in Onni's slicked back ears is the pounding of her own heart, the shudders of a soul fighting against its nature. She had been injured, stabbed, beaten - her home had nearly be usurped from her family. The malicious features of this other horned mare tore deeper into the wounds on her heart, severing the ties with what Onni would normally be.

A kind, gentle soul.
A caring soul.
A warm soul.
A pure soul.

Instead, she felt angry, heedless, and most of all offended. Here, in the throne of the Gods, the Illuminant should have peace. However, one thing in Helovia stands true - you rarely find peace when you desperately need it.

The warmth of touch upon her battered face is finally felt, and Onni's chest lets out a shuddering breath. Her eyes turn to look upon the mare, so beautiful and ethereal. Beauty that was not natural to the world, as though the Sun God himself had crafted her as one of his personal angels. However, it was a face she knew, somewhere in her mind, and the whispering of Onni's name only emphasized that thought.

"Muriel," the painted mare whispers finally, remembering her encounter with Leliel and the daringly bold girl proclaiming her love so blatantly for him. The brilliant sheen of the mare moves, speckled feathers raising defensively before the tobiano, as if to shield her from the view of the unicorn. Onni takes shaking steps forward on limbs hurt, torn, bleeding, leaning her face to rest upon a pale coat, finding strength in the word friend. Warmth floods her body, like a breath of life returned to her soul, shaking loose the feelings harbored dark in her heart.

Friendship. Were they friends? Onni hoped so.

The sound of a teary eyed mare and sordid words fill the air, but the shaman cannot fix the heart of another when her own is strewn across the floor. Instead, she just sighs, feeling lost on how to help this girl. On how to help herself. Looking up toward the starlit sky, Onni prays.
She prays for sunlight.

Muriel Posts: 54
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 6 Years 4 Months
Brit

image by pinksherbet @ flickr.com</style>

Marionette, marionette, where did your player disappear to? For she crumples like a used doll, no longer porcelain beauty on the outside, but shattering in spiderweb patterns to reveal the cobwebs and darkness that had stained her soul inside. Down, down to the earth she falls, shattering like a crystal ball angrily smashed by a clairvoyant who had viewed the darkness that would consume their own heart in the future they so craved to clarify. Muriel does not move to comfort her, aid in her climb to her feet, metaphorical or literal. Instead her warmth is cast to the side of the one who she feels truly warrants such, and a cheek is pressed to her hide.

Arching her neck she brushes her muzzle like a wistful paintbrush over the beautiful artwork of her friend in return, reassuring her that she may come even closer if she wanted, that Muriel would hold her up for as long as she could not weather the weight of the world. That was true friendship. You had to be willing to take your own troubles and agonies and multiply them by the trials of the one you loved, and still hold strong while they recovered. If you could not be loyal to them, could not handle the sting of the lash against your own back instead of watching from afar, then you did not deserve the beauty of their faithfulness.

The pitiful angel is a broken vase on the warm rocks at the base of her own personal cliff, and she has crashed upon them as surely as a ship manned by a sailor drawn by a siren's call. Muriel's heart wavers, wanting to help, but then she remembers Onni's tears sliding so freely, her agonized words spitting fiery insults that rival the God she so revered.

In that moment of remembrance she hates the unknown specimen before her in a way she has never hated another being.

"Stand, be strong. Do not fall to your knees in weakness, what will it do for you child?" Her voice is strong, the passion in it could move mountains, but nobody ever listened because she never showed how complex she could truly be. "Others can only help so much; it is you who must make the final change. I have seen devils turn to angels, and angels fall to flames. I can only aid you, stranger, but no. I cannot fix you alone." Again she turned briefly to check upon Onni, mulberry flowers blooming with concern in the pale backdrop of her visage, far different from the wise and scholarly expression given to the unknown tiara'd mare.

Deciding to let her be, to gain her strength hiding in Muriel's flank, she brushes her furthermost wing gently, oh so gently, against the paint doll's birdlike chest, hardly more than a butterfly's kiss. Again her violets settle on Antheia, confused but stern. "I have no recognition of you, mare. Tell me your sins. Confessing to them will only allow yourself to grow, and from there, perhaps I will consider helping you. But for me to do so, you must mend things with my friend, for I go where she goes, and do as she does. You must begin mending the broken path of destruction you have caused if you wish to live without guilt and what if scenarios stuck in your mind." Soft, her lyrics, and yet they are as strong as a thousand year oak, firm and faithful in her ways, unswayed.

Turning so that Antheia is bared to her left side, she croons softly at Onni, tiara turning towards her inquisitively. "We may leave at any time, Onni. I will stay with you. Forever, if you need me. I won't let you be alone in the darkness." She says it with such conviction it nearly scares her, but she means every word with a sincerity she hasn't used since declaring her love for Leliel the very first time.

Maybe this is what she was meant to do, to be. Maybe she had been looking for this all along, and had just been too blind to see it.

Maybe, just maybe, she could be the light of somebody else's world.

Maybe she could be the one to lead a lost soul out of darkness, whispering comfort that yes, she had been there too.

---
Well hello Muriel muse. I see you intend on staying awhile. I am quite happy with this arrangement.

MURIEL</style>
 trust is like a piece of paper- once it is crumpled it can no longer be perfect.</style>

Deceased
Clo.

a n t h e i a

I did as the mare said, confessing my own sins. Her voice was strong, so I knew she had to been through the experience before to know what exactly she was talking about. I knew I could trust her with her words, though I didn’t exactly know, it had been harsh for me lately to find out who to actually trust, but this one seemed… rather trustable. Or at least I hoped so, I didn’t want to give her information that I could only give to the ones I knew could take very good care of it staying a secret.

”I tried to make her know, that I wouldn’t be able to be there with her every step of the way. For she would have to learn the big things that her future desired on her own, that I wouldn’t be able to help her, only guide her. But it seemed I went the wrong way, opening myself up to gain the help I needed, yet to figure out something evil took ahold of me and crossed paths with herself and me. We could no longer feel the love for each other after the devil took over my hopeless self. I hurt her, I caused her so much pain inside and I couldn’t even see it on her face, or I just ignored it somehow. I couldn’t feel my own body, it’s like I went into hibernation without my own permission. I wasn’t in control of my own self.”

It felt good to get it out of my system, just let it flow easily out into someone else’s ears. Yet, I didn’t know how the pegasi would react to my horrid mistake. Would they help me or just leave me to suffer by myself, without anyone to comfort my restless body? I nodded to the mare and then looked to the painted female, the one who seemed utterly upset and was showing it quite clearly.

”I’m dearly sorry madam Onni, I never intended on hurting your feelings.” I walked up to her, touching my maw to hers in forgiveness and then backed away quite a few steps, looking back to the pink mare. ”Thank you for your kindness miss, I hope we can be clarified as friends? I wish not to leave, but I must go make up for what I’ve done wrong in these past few weeks.” I smiled and gave her a small nuzzle of the cheek then walked away, my long tail snapping side to side.

Credits

ANTHEIA OUT. PEACE. xD
@[Onni] & @[Muriel]
Don't fear of dying, take advantage of it.
- Feel free to do anything along the lines of attacking her, as long as it involves no killing. -

Hidden Account

Pressing close, what a child would normally do to their mother in times of distress. For Onni, this is a strange embrace, one she is not used to, nor is she equipped to process. There could be no doubt that Kri loved her child, for here the shaman stood. This affection, however, displayed itself in different ways than the usual. A sort of strength unknown to the healer could be found in this fond touch, the warmth of another's skin, of another's breath upon your skin. Familiarity with affection is new, foreign, but warm. Warm, like the caress of sunlight upon bodies starved for the light.

How it reminded the Illuminant of the very presence she craved, the Sun.

Torturously slow, the healer lowers her crown, renouncing her hope that the light would come to her in this moment. Silently, quietly, she pleads her heart to stay just a little longer. Remain strong, hold out, for the Sun will surely rise again. No void, no distance could keep the Father of Light from the side of his children. Arrogant, fiery, impestuous, the God of the Sun also had a deep caring side. He would return, but only when it would be safe for him to do so. The important detail is not when, just that, without fail, he would arrive home. Onni would just have to wait to receive him once more with an open heart and a smile.

Eyes upon her, words slurring in her ears, ears clamped tight against her skull, willing the silence to grow. Willing for this unicorn to go and leave. A healer's soul, but not in this moment, when her home was nearly ripped from under her hooves. All for the sake of violence, it seemed; violence so clearly written across the bleeding wounds of her body, the aches of her bruises, the scabs just beginning to form around the coagulated blood. Ash, tears, and blood staining her coat. She felt dirty, tired, and sad. The soft touches of Muriel leave spots of warmth, though, and the shaman is truly grateful for the pink tinted mare.

As the unicorn approaches, Onni shrinks back away from her touch, not wishing to feel the embrace of this girl. Not wishing to have a unicorn touch her in any familiar way. They are not friends, not after the way the mare looked at her with violent eyes in the dark during her weakest moment. Not after her body is covered in cuts from a horn so similar. She backs away, not understanding, not responding until Muriel's voice calls her back from a void of thought.

I I won't let you be alone in the darkness. A meek smile, shy like the sun peeking through clouds, casts shadows of pain on her face, a grimace at the tear of her wound upon her jaw. More tears, more anger, more pain, more sorrow. At least she was not alone.

"My home, Muriel," she says, voice like sand in her throat. "They tried to take my home." And I am no better, stooping to the level of our assailants. I am no better.

In the distance, the trill of a songbird. Lyhty's tiny wings carrying him as quickly after his bonded as he could manage.